Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4211348 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #20355: May 27, 2015 03:44:33 pm
      Now this is how you buy a player with potential. I cant believe that there are no more Kevin keegans in this world
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20356: May 27, 2015 03:47:57 pm
      So we could end up with these strikers.....

1) Studger
      2) Benteke
      3) Ings
      4) Origi
      5) sinclair
      6) Yesil

instead of..

1) Sterling (winger out of position)
      2) nobody or false 9. ;D.
      3) Studger
      4) Balo
      5) Lambo
      6) Borini

IMO. it's better, and let's be honest can't be any worse can it. But it's still not the top top world class strike force we crave. 3 young full internationals and 3 promising youngsters.

to be fair could we do any worse for strikers than we have this season. I cant believe that with the options we had available we couldnt have scored more goals than we have done. Even Borini could have done a job given the time but we played more games without a recognised striker than we did with one.Sterling is not a no9 he is  not a good finisher if he were he would be worth £100mil
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #20357: May 27, 2015 03:56:33 pm
      Read that BR will keep his job and that Benteke is our top target. No sense signing him unless BR changes his style. We would need to adopt a more structured and organized approach to properly utilize his strengths. It just seems like a complete switch in direction from the type of players BR has been targeting for the last 3 years....

I don't know. Suarez whilst very agile with amazing movement, was never the lightning fast striker like a Torres (or play on the last defender). When he was manager at Swansea, the front 3 had two very fast wide forwards (Dyer and Sinclair) and a sort of target man as a striker, Danny Graham. Maybe he actually does prefer a target striker as a focal point in attack? Signings like Balo and Lambert could fi that argument. Who knows?
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #20358: May 27, 2015 04:32:21 pm
      :f_wah: I feel used. To think I spent all this $$ to go to grad business school;and knowing I am getting piped, yet I come back for more. LFC has a budget! They want to buy English! That's their competitive advantage or disadvantage. The problem is English may not e glamorous enough. Maybe the English ice is not cold enough!!!!!

2013 Bo Sox World Series Champs - please find a parallel in the present LFC. If you can't, there is a reason. LFC just does not have the studs!!!

Jarod Saltalamacchia
      Mike Napoli
      Dustin Predroia
      Jacoy Ellsbury
      Shayne Victorino
      David Ortiz

Ask FSG. They know what I am talking about. If you buy local, but have a manager with Barcelona dreams, it still doesn't work. Figure out who you are, or who you want to be ....or else, get a therapist!

Can't really take you seriously when you spell have of those players name wrong? Did you even watch the Boston Red Sox?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #20359: May 27, 2015 07:40:00 pm
      I don't know. Suarez whilst very agile with amazing movement, was never the lightning fast striker like a Torres (or play on the last defender). When he was manager at Swansea, the front 3 had two very fast wide forwards (Dyer and Sinclair) and a sort of target man as a striker, Danny Graham. Maybe he actually does prefer a target striker as a focal point in attack? Signings like Balo and Lambert could fi that argument. Who knows?

Does Brendan himself know i think is the big question.

His teams over his time with us have a schizo quality. The players themselves seem uncertain how they're supposed to play at times. ( A lot of times.)
      Likewise he cant seem to make his mind up with either personnel or formation.
      Maybe he doesnt know what kind of striker he wants.

Or maybe he does, but he's been a victim of FSG's moneyball approach of treating players like scratchcards that you try and then discard until you get it right.

I cant work out myself which it is. Probably a fair bit of both.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20360: May 27, 2015 07:40:10 pm
      I've never taken the Daily Star seriously, but there you go

Liverpool want Tevez
      Liverpool are looking to make an ambitious move for Juventus striker Carlos Tevez. The former Manchester United and Manchester City forward has one year left on his deal in Turin and is said to want to leave if Juve win the Champions League.

Source: Daily Star
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20361: May 27, 2015 07:42:43 pm
      And also...

LIVERPOOL FACE COMPETITION FOR MANDZUKIC
      More Liverpool news now and according to reports in Italy, the Merseyside club will face competition from Tottenham for Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic.

Tuttomercatoweb claims the striker is keen on a move away from the Spanish, despite only joining the club from Bayern Munich last summer.

Arsenal are also interested in Mandzukic, who has scored 20 goals this season.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #20362: May 27, 2015 08:44:02 pm
       :depressed:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #20363: May 27, 2015 08:45:51 pm
      Rumours that Spurs have had a big bid accepted by Burnley for Ings.

Far from disliking them, I for one am incredibly grateful to Spurs for preventing us from signing mediocre players over the years like Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Ings etc.

Seems like Spurs want us to be successful more than FSG does.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #20364: May 27, 2015 08:59:17 pm
      Rumours that Spurs have had a big bid accepted by Burnley for Ings.

Far from disliking them, I for one am incredibly grateful to Spurs for preventing us from signing mediocre players over the years like Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Ings etc.

Seems like Spurs want us to be successful more than FSG does.

Other reports are saying he has rejected a move to Spuds in favour of joining us so don't get your hopes up.
      Bier
      Reply #20365: May 27, 2015 09:03:05 pm
      How can Burnley accept a big bid for Ings when he is out of contract this summer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #20366: May 27, 2015 09:07:56 pm
      How can Burnley accept a big bid for Ings when he is out of contract this summer.

Was curious about that myself.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20367: May 27, 2015 09:14:16 pm

save it going to arbitration they would have had to compensate Burnley
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #20368: May 27, 2015 09:37:03 pm
      They'd be entitled to compensation for development of a player .

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #20369: May 27, 2015 11:15:59 pm
      So we could end up with these strikers.....

1) Studger
      2) Benteke
      3) Ings
      4) Origi
      5) sinclair
      6) Yesil

instead of..

1) Sterling (winger out of position)
      2) nobody or false 9. ;D.
      3) Studger
      4) Balo
      5) Lambo
      6) Borini

IMO. it's better, and let's be honest can't be any worse can it. But it's still not the top top world class strike force we crave. 3 young full internationals and 3 promising youngsters.

But we had

1. Suarez
      2. Sturridge
      3. Borini
      4. Aspas

went to

1. Sturridge (the broken version)
      2. Balotelli
      3. Lambert
      4. Borini

Now people suggesting that:

1. Sturridge (when / if he gets better)
      2. Benteke
      3. Ings
      4. Borini/Lambert/Balotelli (lets face it they wont all be sold/leave)
      5. Origi

We are in no way improving.

Suarez is worth all them strikers put together,

lets not let our levels slip.....and before people start balling that we cant do this, wont do that, cant to that

remember that their is a huge list of transfers for one reason or another which defy the odds

Bojan at Stoke
      Mash and Tevez at West Ham
      Bergkamp to Arsenal
      Ravanelli to Boro
      Mancini to Leicester
      Davids to Barnet
      Cambiasso to Leicester

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20370: May 28, 2015 02:10:52 am
      We've spent about 60m on the defence under Rodgers and we're still as sh*te at defending as we were the first day he took over. No point wasting more money there right now.

Easiest area to coach and certainly a flaw that hasn't been fixed by Rodgers.  Lack of mental strength, even Skrtel, we concede once it better than a 50% chance we'll concede again, concede that second and it's better than a 50% chance we'll concede more.  It's shocking.  Still think we need a proper RWB who can play RB as well though.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #20371: May 28, 2015 10:11:25 am
      I too think our defence is a good coaching programme away from being decent.  Maybe the problem there is the midfield and the lack of cover it's been giving to the defence?  Look at how MOTD analysed Chelsea (and others) defending this season.  Two banks of four/five. Strikers (if we had any) dropping back to pick up runners.  Defend as a team, defend in depth. Our Mids seem to get sucked in all the time then passed around. They also seem reluctant or unable to tackle properly. I think this where I worry about leadership, and the lack of a rock-like figure to rally around.  Stevie can't do that for us anymore, so for my money (or rather FSGs ffs) we need to go out and buy a monster of a skipper.  Jordan Henderson may be that in five years time but so far I'm far from convinced.  What d'you reckon?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20372: May 28, 2015 10:19:18 am

lets not let our levels slip.....and before people start balling that we cant do this, wont do that, cant to that

100% agree.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #20373: May 28, 2015 12:31:51 pm
      But we had

1. Suarez
      2. Sturridge
      3. Borini
      4. Aspas

went to

1. Sturridge (the broken version)
      2. Balotelli
      3. Lambert
      4. Borini

Now people suggesting that:

1. Sturridge (when / if he gets better)
      2. Benteke
      3. Ings
      4. Borini/Lambert/Balotelli (lets face it they wont all be sold/leave)
      5. Origi

We are in no way improving.

remember that their is a huge list of transfers for one reason or another which defy the odds

Bojan at Stoke
      Mash and Tevez at West Ham
      Bergkamp to Arsenal
      Ravanelli to Boro
      Mancini to Leicester
      Davids to Barnet
      Cambiasso to Leicester

Thing is, we don't even need another Suarez, we simply need someone who knows where the back of the net is. A natural finisher. Look at Harry Kane for example, no one in their right mind would suggest he's on the same level as Suarez but he finished runner up for the Golden Boot this season. What would we have achieved if we'd had those twenty one goals? That and his desire to win are the only traits we need to replace, anything else is a bonus.

However, setting that aside for a moment, setting aside the number of goals and his style of play, the big question is whether our committee actually bothers to do any kind of due diligence in transfers? Benteke's injury list is as long as Sturridge and they are proposing we gamble up to £30 million on him remaining fit for an entire season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #20374: May 28, 2015 06:41:25 pm
      I'm sure this is BS, but it's fun....

Liverpool To Beat Arsenal To Signing Of World-Class Striker
      by Bradley Sharp »
      Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool are set to beat Arsenal to the signing of Colombia and Porto star striker Jackson Martinez according to the latest reports today.

The Emirates club were believed to be in pole position to land the South American during the upcoming summer transfer window, however according to the latest reports at the Metro it is now the Reds that are closing in on a deal to sign the star striker at the end of the current campaign.

Rodgers’ side were rumoured to be closing in on a deal for Benfica’s Eduardo Salvio but have given up after the player was ruled out for months after picking up a knee injury.

The Merseysider’s are desperate to land a striker this summer with the long-term futures of forwards Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini seemingly set to be away from Anfield.

Martinez is believed to be valued in the region of £25million and clubs will have to reach that fee, if not better it, in order to acquire the forward.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #20375: May 28, 2015 07:25:59 pm

by Bradley Sharp »
      Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool are set to beat Arsenal to the signing of Colombia and Porto star striker Jackson Martinez according to the latest reports today.

The Emirates club were believed to be in pole position to land the South American during the upcoming summer transfer window, however according to the latest reports at the Metro it is now the Reds that are closing in on a deal to sign the star striker at the end of the current campaign.

Rodgers’ side were rumoured to be closing in on a deal for Benfica’s Eduardo Salvio but have given up after the player was ruled out for months after picking up a knee injury.

The Merseysider’s are desperate to land a striker this summer with the long-term futures of forwards Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini seemingly set to be away from Anfield.

Martinez is believed to be valued in the region of £25million and clubs will have to reach that fee, if not better it, in order to acquire the forward.

The day we beat someone to signing a player...
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #20376: May 28, 2015 07:35:51 pm

by Bradley Sharp »

Hah that seems unlikely. That said, I'd take Jackson Martinez. I think he's a bit overhyped, personally, but he's still a good striker.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #20377: May 29, 2015 10:04:21 am
      Read somewhere that this summer our 'strategy' is to recruit from within the league.. cue the links to Ings, Milner, Benteke and now Clyne. My worry is the winger target now. Knowing our 'committee', we'll probably shell out 20mil for Dyer or Bolasie.

Wouldn't mind Walcott though.

Quick Reply