Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4277971 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #21666: Jul 13, 2015 07:18:16 pm

Liverpool are ready to try and lure Marco Reus to Anfield as a replacement for Manchester City-bound Raheem Sterling. Almost all of the £49 million the Reds will net from the deal will be offered to Borussia Dortmund for Reus.

If we get Robin, we might as well buy Batman, just hope we can still afford a DM/DLPM after that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21667: Jul 13, 2015 07:30:02 pm
      I got excited and then saw it was the Express and Metro reporting it.

It'd be F***ing insane though. I'm going to pretend he's on his way to Australia now, anyway. Welcome Marco YNWA.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #21668: Jul 13, 2015 08:23:20 pm
      Benteke, Reus and Medel would see us walk in to the CL this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21669: Jul 13, 2015 08:47:15 pm
      If we sign Reus then there is something going on with a certain Herr Klopp in the not to distant future, would be a very very good signing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21670: Jul 13, 2015 09:16:00 pm
      Benteke, Reus and Medel would see us walk in to the CL this season.

No thanks to Medel. He's a thug and a pr**k - our defence is sh*te enough to not have to play with 10 men every other week.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21671: Jul 13, 2015 09:28:52 pm
      United are killing it this summer a midfield of Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger and looking to buy top proven quality as usual, City have Raheem now and will likely add De Bruyne too, Chelsea are super solid and they are going for Pedro and finally Arsenal already have a solid team too. I'm not being pessimistic here but we have no chance challenging for top 4 with the current squad, is our Midfield good enough to challenge the teams above ? hell NO, people are happy about selling Sterling but forget that we gonna replace him with of bunch of mid table players whilst the other teams will buy top quality.

Exactly the point i was trying to make when i wrote....

.As a club I think we are where we should be, mid-table… We show little to no ambition when it comes to real Quality player,Yes we are often linked to them but never seem to sign them. We are becoming a club only use to signing mediocrity
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21672: Jul 13, 2015 09:32:29 pm
      Firmino and Milner, boy it doesn't get any more mid table than that.

Milner is a very good player, but I am sure that City will replace him with someone even better, as for Firmino, well that's to be seen
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21673: Jul 13, 2015 09:36:23 pm
      We've got Hendo and Can as our first choices, I wouldn't say they're "better" than the Sch-midfield but they are not far behind. So some people need to take a breather before a ball is kicked! :f_doh:
      Vicks86, the maim deference between Hendo,Can and the Sch-midfield is the the Sch-midfield has end product, while ours mostly don't
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21674: Jul 13, 2015 09:42:19 pm
      We've got Hendo and Can as our first choices, I wouldn't say they're "better" than the Sch-midfield but they are not far behind. So some people need to take a breather before a ball is kicked! :f_doh:

I'd say their's is far better. Can, I don't think is first choice.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #21675: Jul 13, 2015 10:27:48 pm
      They've got Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger, we've got Allen and Milner, if we don't sign a quality CM we will be fu**ed over again by them.

I'd still have Milner and Allen over Bastian.

A few manc fans think I'm crazy but I have a feeling Bastian isn't what we need right now.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #21676: Jul 13, 2015 10:29:57 pm
      As for Suarez,  half the forum could see he was talented. I wasn't a member then but I can't imagine it would have gone down badly.

actually back then Huntlaar was the top Ajax top prospect and everybody was preferring him over Luis, i got a bit stick for it back then because i stated that Luis is a better player. Altough i also stated we should sign Givonni dos santos from barca, glad we didnt.

I disagree with you on lavezzi, you make it sound like he is 40. Lavezzi is still fit and quality. From all the reason you could have been against lavezzi signing, you chose the wrong one. which are basically not true. Makes me wonder that if you even have seen him play. its not meant to be a personal attack on you or anything, but i dont think you know what you are talking about. no offence.

Btw you are talking about ezequiel Lavezzi, right? the one psg bought from Napoli?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21677: Jul 13, 2015 10:31:30 pm
      Reus? Really can't see it happening.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #21678: Jul 13, 2015 10:33:12 pm

A few manc fans think I'm crazy but I have a feeling Bastian isn't what we need right now.

Sorry mate, but I think you're crazy too!! Milner is probably on about the same level as Schweiny who hasn't been at his best after that bad injury a couple years back. Add to that the fact he'll be 31 by the season opener and it doesn't look like such a great deal. However, he's still miles better than Allen....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #21679: Jul 13, 2015 10:37:46 pm
      Sorry mate, but I think you're crazy too!! Milner is probably on about the same level as Schweiny who hasn't been at his best after that bad injury a couple years back. Add to that the fact he'll be 31 by the season opener and it doesn't look like such a great deal. However, he's still miles better than Allen....

Fair enough.

For me Bastian wouldn't get into my first choice midfield as I want Phil to be there so it would be:

Henderson

Milner  Coutinho

I also think Allen offers more from the bench than Bastian might and signing him is a player who wants to play week in week out and I'm not sure it would have been right for us at this stage.

Great player he is but sometimes it's more about the parts working together than just a big name signing.

I think Schniederlin is a much more important signing for them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21680: Jul 13, 2015 10:38:57 pm
      They've got Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger

Neither concerns me.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #21681: Jul 13, 2015 11:42:50 pm

Schweinsteiger is a quality player. He can do a very good job in Midfield. With him, Schneiderlin and Herrera Utd  got themselves a quality midfield.
      We have to splash the cash on a DM and a striker if We want to compete. At least a top, top striker and W might have a chance for top4.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21682: Jul 13, 2015 11:50:56 pm
      No thanks to Medel. He's a thug and a pr**k - our defence is sh*te enough to not have to play with 10 men every other week.

Don't know if that's  a personal issue with him from something he did v Australia? But I reckon he's a solid player and he's a defensive midfielder more so then a defender. Pretty sure I posted a year or so ago saying I thought we should go for him and now he's linked I have to say I reckon it'd be a decent bit of business
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21683: Jul 14, 2015 12:13:40 am
      Don't know if that's  a personal issue with him from something he did v Australia? But I reckon he's a solid player and he's a defensive midfielder more so then a defender. Pretty sure I posted a year or so ago saying I thought we should go for him and now he's linked I have to say I reckon it'd be a decent bit of business

he often lost if when he played at sevilla
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #21684: Jul 14, 2015 12:20:36 am
      he often lost if when he played at sevilla

Lost what his temper? Reckon our team could do with a bit of madness if I'm honest. Too many lads happy to be nice on the pitch in our squad no harm having a lunatic ready to let opposition know we're not here to fook about
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21685: Jul 14, 2015 12:22:22 am

Why would he have to play against Australia to be a pr**k?

And doesn't matter where he plays - he's a thug. No thank you.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #21686: Jul 14, 2015 12:24:25 am
      Why would he have to play against Australia to be a pr**k?

And doesn't matter where he plays - he's a thug. No thank you.

I asked because I don't associate you with that kind of outburst so thought maybe he done something in a game v australia
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21687: Jul 14, 2015 12:29:59 am
      I asked because I don't associate you with that kind of outburst so thought maybe he done something in a game v australia

Not to my knowledge. He did play against us at the World Cup (we lost 3-1) but can't remember him doing anything.

But watching him the past two seasons with Cardiff and Inter he builds his game on being the South-American Vinnie Jones.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #21688: Jul 14, 2015 03:44:28 am
      They've got Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger, we've got Allen and Milner, if we don't sign a quality CM we will be fu**ed over again by them.
      /
      why so scared? didn't we beat City with a midfield duo of Allen and Henderson?

football is NEVER played on paper

Quick Reply