Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4292718 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #24403: May 07, 2016 11:07:59 pm
      Another report tonight by the Mirror that Arsenal want Sturridge. The people over on Arsenal-Mania think he's brilliant and want to sign him.

Obviously it's the Mirror, but if he was to leave I think Arsenal would be his most likely destination. I really hope we don't do something stupid in the summer and sell him.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24404: May 07, 2016 11:27:41 pm
      Another report tonight by the Mirror that Arsenal want Sturridge. The people over on Arsenal-Mania think he's brilliant and want to sign him.

Obviously it's the Mirror, but if he was to leave I think Arsenal would be his most likely destination. I really hope we don't do something stupid in the summer and sell him.
      Lazy journalism at it's best. It's obvious half the clubs in Europe want Sturridge, if we get into CL I really doubt he will leave. Arsenal don't like paying for players and I doubt we would accept a small offer from a rival, it would need to be in excess of 50m and I really don't imagine them paying that. They wouldn't even pay that for Suarez. Pretty sure Sturridge came out very recently in the last couple of days saying how happy he is at Liverpool and he thinks Liverpool are on the verge of something special and he wants to be a big part of it. Not to be a jerk but these kind of posts where people recirculate garbage that creates fan fear kind of gets irritating. There has been way too much of it and I would rather discuss players coming in. Being a paranoid Liverpool fan every transfer window is annoying and there is just as much chance of us getting Sanchez then Arsenal getting Sturridge.

Sky sport link saying Sturridge is happy and committed to Liverpool

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10272234/daniel-sturridge-committed-and-happy-at-liverpool

btw, from what I saw the mirror is saying the same as Sky Sports

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/daniel-sturridge-liverpool-future-truth-7915380
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24405: May 08, 2016 12:16:49 am
      As if we'd sell Sturridge to Arsenal :lmao:
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24406: May 08, 2016 12:24:39 am
      Lazy journalism at it's best. It's obvious half the clubs in Europe want Sturridge, if we get into CL I really doubt he will leave. Arsenal don't like paying for players and I doubt we would accept a small offer from a rival, it would need to be in excess of 50m and I really don't imagine them paying that. They wouldn't even pay that for Suarez. Pretty sure Sturridge came out very recently in the last couple of days saying how happy he is at Liverpool and he thinks Liverpool are on the verge of something special and he wants to be a big part of it. Not to be a jerk but these kind of posts where people recirculate garbage that creates fan fear kind of gets irritating. There has been way too much of it and I would rather discuss players coming in. Being a paranoid Liverpool fan every transfer window is annoying and there is just as much chance of us getting Sanchez then Arsenal getting Sturridge.

Sky sport link saying Sturridge is happy and committed to Liverpool

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10272234/daniel-sturridge-committed-and-happy-at-liverpool

btw, from what I saw the mirror is saying the same as Sky Sports

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/daniel-sturridge-liverpool-future-truth-7915380

No they won't. City, Chelsea, and United are out of the question for obvious reasons. So are Spurs. Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Bayern won't want him either. Juventus won't either unless they lose Morata. Even then, it's unlikely as they have Dybala, Mandzukic, and Zaza. PSG might want him, but they'll probably give Cavani the chance to play CF before signing a new one. That leaves Arsenal.

The Suarez situation came before they started signing one star each season. They've since signed Ozil and Sanchez for big money. If Klopp was happy to sell him and Sturridge was okay to leave, there's not a chance in hell we'd fetch 50m+.

It's not just about what Sturridge wants. It's also about what the manager wants and if the manager still isn't convinced by Sturridge (and I don't think he is), then it's not out of the question that he's sold.

Not to be an arse, but I don't really care if you don't want it to be discussed. It's not an unfeasible situation, so why shouldn't we discuss it?  If you think there's just as much of a chance of us getting Sanchez as there is them signing Sturridge off us, fair play, continue to bury your head in the sand.

Also, why would I lie about what the Mirror is reporting? Answer: I wouldn't. Here's the link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-plotting-30m-daniel-sturridge-7917668

Now, obviously the Mirror aren't great, but again, it would hardly be a shock to the world if Sturridge wasn't a Liverpool player next season so I'm not sure why you're so against it being discussed.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24407: May 08, 2016 12:52:19 am
      No they won't. City, Chelsea, and United are out of the question for obvious reasons. So are Spurs. Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Bayern won't want him either. Juventus won't either unless they lose Morata. Even then, it's unlikely as they have Dybala, Mandzukic, and Zaza. PSG might want him, but they'll probably give Cavani the chance to play CF before signing a new one. That leaves Arsenal.

The Suarez situation came before they started signing one star each season. They've since signed Ozil and Sanchez for big money. If Klopp was happy to sell him and Sturridge was okay to leave, there's not a chance in hell we'd fetch 50m+.

It's not just about what Sturridge wants. It's also about what the manager wants and if the manager still isn't convinced by Sturridge (and I don't think he is), then it's not out of the question that he's sold.

Not to be an arse, but I don't really care if you don't want it to be discussed. It's not an unfeasible situation, so why shouldn't we discuss it?  If you think there's just as much of a chance of us getting Sanchez as there is them signing Sturridge off us, fair play, continue to bury your head in the sand.

Also, why would I lie about what the Mirror is reporting? Answer: I wouldn't. Here's the link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-plotting-30m-daniel-sturridge-7917668

Now, obviously the Mirror aren't great, but again, it would hardly be a shock to the world if Sturridge wasn't a Liverpool player next season so I'm not sure why you're so against it being discussed.
      Daniel Sturridge insists his future is at Liverpool and believes Jürgen Klopp's side are on the verge of something 'special'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3577924/Daniel-Sturridge-insists-future-Liverpool-believes-Jürgen-Klopp-s-verge-special.html#ixzz4818l7cVn

Reported by multiple papers.

Wenger has a history of failing to sign strikers because he takes the piss with low ball offers and there is no way Klopp will sell to Arsenal. Stop trolling and go back to Arsenal Mania where you can bask in the delusions that we will sell one of our best players to a rival for 30m.

As if we'd sell Sturridge to Arsenal :lmao:

This is a more normal response.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24408: May 08, 2016 12:58:08 am
      There is no way Klopp will sell to Arsenal. Stop trolling and go back to Arsenal Mania where you can bask in the delusions that we will sell one of our best players to a rival for 30m.

No way? Really?

Why would I be trolling? Out of the two of us, one of us has a history of trying to wind people up and one of us doesn't... I'll give you a hint: it isn't me.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24409: May 08, 2016 01:03:35 am
      Daniel Sturridge insists his future is at Liverpool and believes Jürgen Klopp's side are on the verge of something 'special'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3577924/Daniel-Sturridge-insists-future-Liverpool-believes-Jürgen-Klopp-s-verge-special.html#ixzz4818l7cVn

Reported by multiple papers.

Wenger has a history of failing to sign strikers because he takes the piss with low ball offers and there is no way Klopp will sell to Arsenal.

Seeing as you edited this bit in...

Daniel Sturridge can insist whatever he wants. If Klopp doesn't fancy him for whatever reason, then he'll end up leaving. Also, those are just quotes. They aren't actually reporting anything, they're just quoting Sturridge.

He's done that, what, twice, in recent years? And since then he's gone out and signed Ozil and Sanchez for large amounts of money. If Arsenal are offering 30m+, then that might be enough for Klopp to decide to get rid of Sturridge considering there are signs so far that he's not fully convinced.

Anyway, there's no reason to moan about me discussing Sturridge's future. No one is forcing you to discuss it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,730 posts | 3946 
      Reply #24410: May 08, 2016 01:11:23 am
      Seeing as you edited this bit in...

Daniel Sturridge can insist whatever he wants. If Klopp doesn't fancy him for whatever reason, then he'll end up leaving. Also, those are just quotes. They aren't actually reporting anything, they're just quoting Sturridge.

He's done that, what, twice, in recent years? And since then he's gone out and signed Ozil and Sanchez for large amounts of money. If Arsenal are offering 30m+, then that might be enough for Klopp to decide to get rid of Sturridge considering there are signs so far that he's not fully convinced.

Anyway, there's no reason to moan about me discussing Sturridge's future. No one is forcing you to discuss it.

Sturridge isn't going anywhere. If we sold him, it would be a minimum of £50m and no one is paying that because of his injury record.

If he stays fit next season, that's 20+ league goals in the bag. That kind of strike rate will surely see us seal a champ spot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #24411: May 08, 2016 03:25:50 am
      No way? Really?

Why would I be trolling? Out of the two of us, one of us has a history of trying to wind people up and one of us doesn't... I'll give you a hint: it isn't me.
      Actually you wind plenty of people up pal.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #24412: May 08, 2016 08:19:56 am
      Not that it has been linked, just would like to listen to your opinions, thoughts on Joe Hart for new GK?Its been reported Pep does not fancy him and he will be part of the massive exodus taking part at City this summer.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24413: May 08, 2016 08:32:48 am
      Actually you wind plenty of people up pal.

Who? You, Huyton Red, and Rib?

I've never been warned for it, never intentionally done it, and don't regularly get called a wum "pal".

Anyway, I don't want to drag this thread off topic.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24414: May 08, 2016 08:38:09 am
      Not that it has been linked, just would like to listen to your opinions, thoughts on Joe Hart for new GK?Its been reported Pep does not fancy him and he will be part of the massive exodus taking part at City this summer.

Very good, but not great goalkeeper. He's got a stupid error in him, but he's also a leader and someone who would come in and perform instantly. Realistically, I don't think we'd get someone as ready made as him. I'd take him, but his wages and the stupid fee he'd cost makes me think we'll probably choose an alternative.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #24415: May 08, 2016 08:50:27 am
      Saw the rumors and honestly, he could go...

Personally I think the papers make a lot of nonsense up, and his Instagram video was probably banter (those drug tests take hours - they said Sakho was there until 11pm). But with Studge you just dont know - he has been around a few clubs, I believe this is the longest he has been at one side?

On his day a devastating striker and one I wouldn't like to face up against - to be fair even on a crap day he is still a great striker and player capable of scoring out of nothing or getting an assist.

If we do sell, its about who we get back in - I wouldnt be upset if he went I would however expect someone to come back in who is better for Liverpool. Whilst Studge is brilliant, we need a 30 game a season striker who will get 20 goals for us. 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016 09:10:15 am by Passportboy, Reason: Rumors, not Tumors... »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24416: May 08, 2016 11:58:17 am
      Saw the rumors and honestly, he could go...

Personally I think the papers make a lot of nonsense up, and his Instagram video was probably banter (those drug tests take hours - they said Sakho was there until 11pm). But with Studge you just dont know - he has been around a few clubs, I believe this is the longest he has been at one side?

On his day a devastating striker and one I wouldn't like to face up against - to be fair even on a crap day he is still a great striker and player capable of scoring out of nothing or getting an assist.

If we do sell, its about who we get back in - I wouldnt be upset if he went I would however expect someone to come back in who is better for Liverpool. Whilst Studge is brilliant, we need a 30 game a season striker who will get 20 goals for us. 

Why do we have this debate as soon as Sturridge publicly says he is staying? I am fed up of it. Can you go create a paranoia thread with Barney and post in there about it so we can finally get off the subject. I don't want to hear about this garbage all summer.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24417: May 08, 2016 01:52:40 pm

Straight swop for Sanchez who is supposedly unhappy at Arsenal ?

I wouldn't personally but Sanchez is probably more of a "Klopp player" than Danny.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #24418: May 08, 2016 02:10:45 pm
      The capacity on this forum for people to have a go at each other never ceases to amaze me. Here we've got a fella who posts up an article from the Daily Mirror, but he's not actually allowed to discuss it, and by doing so he's a wind up merchant. Very odd indeed. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24419: May 08, 2016 02:23:09 pm
      Straight swop for Sanchez who is supposedly unhappy at Arsenal ?

I wouldn't personally but Sanchez is probably more of a "Klopp player" than Danny.

I would, I really believe he would be a 25+ goal player for us.

Anyway, I was watching SoccerAM the other day, and they interviewed an Analytic ex employee (stats guy), and asked who he would recommend if Kante left, he said, Naby Keita. One of the best defensive midfielders last season and this season, one of the best attacking.
      He also said Firmino is probably the best overall attacking playing in the league (perhaps he does know his sh*t? :D).

So, has anyone seen or heard of this Naby Keita and can confirm that this player has huge potential? :)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #24420: May 08, 2016 03:26:08 pm
      I would, I really believe he would be a 25+ goal player for us.

Anyway, I was watching SoccerAM the other day, and they interviewed an Analytic ex employee (stats guy), and asked who he would recommend if Kante left, he said, Naby Keita. One of the best defensive midfielders last season and this season, one of the best attacking.
      He also said Firmino is probably the best overall attacking playing in the league (perhaps he does know his sh*t? :D).

So, has anyone seen or heard of this Naby Keita and can confirm that this player has huge potential? :)

What did he say about Firmino?

Next year, with a proper CM and Can behind him, Coutinho and sturridge, I bet Firmino will be among the best players of the league.
      he has already proven that he is a world class player, he just needs to adapt completely to the team and league.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24421: May 08, 2016 03:39:16 pm

I need to check later :) I can't remember exactly, but something along the lines of, best overall attacking player in the league and how his work usually goes unnoticed.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #24422: May 08, 2016 03:50:00 pm
      I remember when we sold Suarez to Arsenal.  :f_whistle:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24423: May 08, 2016 05:00:37 pm
      What did he say about Firmino?
       I bet Firmino will be among the best players of the league.

Not going to bet against ya, largely 'cos I've already said that I think he'll be ripping it up next season.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2016 09:05:05 pm by Roddenberry »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #24424: May 08, 2016 09:28:36 pm

Reading that in the Mirror just before when I got in from the match and listening to SSN about Welbeck's injury.   

Unlucky Wenger again  :lmao:

Have to apologise here as I haven't got a F***ing clue what this sh*t is about  :f_tongueincheek:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24425: May 08, 2016 09:49:01 pm
      Reading that in the Mirror just before when I got in from the match and listening to SSN about Welbeck's injury.   

Unlucky Wenger again  :lmao:

Quick Reply