Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4290240 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25553: Jun 20, 2016 11:18:26 pm
      This. Except we aren't signing Gotze, we are just going to overpay for Mane
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25554: Jun 20, 2016 11:23:43 pm

Sorry mate, I'll get on board and do some starting XI's for how the team will look come October. Perhaps do some realistic In vs Out net spend tables.

Complete with misguided proclamations that this squad is strong. Only to go back on all that in February when we are 9th again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25555: Jun 20, 2016 11:27:42 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25556: Jun 20, 2016 11:34:01 pm

Parody on Mystic Meg...we have so many soothsayers on this forum its unreal.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25557: Jun 20, 2016 11:35:10 pm
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25558: Jun 20, 2016 11:37:52 pm

Out of interest, what signs have you seen that Liverpool are abandoning the fundamentals of their recent (laughably bad) transfer policy?

What decent journalist has linked us to any player outside that core group?

What good is it doing you to pretend that we aren't going to end up with a squad that's roughly the 5-8th best in August and thus end in those positions in May?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25559: Jun 20, 2016 11:39:42 pm

Thought it looked like Mystic Meg...after downing a bottle of bleach. Whatever happened to her by the way? I remember her on the National Lottery speaking a lot of bullshit when I was a kid.

Oh please...you're not as attractive as that! (kidding! :D)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25560: Jun 20, 2016 11:43:02 pm
      Thought it looked like Mystic Meg...after downing a bottle of bleach. Whatever happened to her by the way? I remember her on the National Lottery speaking a lot of bullshit when I was a kid.

Last I heard she was an integral member of the Liverpool transfer committee and was faxing across a £32.5m bid for Benteke because £20m for Downing was generous enough.

Jackpot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #25561: Jun 20, 2016 11:47:05 pm

So no speculation allowed then? Got it. :D

Only allowed to talk about stuff that's happened boys, forget about discussions of the future!!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25562: Jun 20, 2016 11:53:09 pm

Only allowed to talk about stuff that's happened boys, forget about discussions of the future!!!

Nah mate, I think we are o.k. discussing the transfers as long as no one has ever seen or heard of them before... it's just the ones we have seen and know are crap we can't discuss.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25563: Jun 20, 2016 11:56:22 pm
      Out of interest, what signs have you seen that Liverpool are abandoning the fundamentals of their recent (laughably bad) transfer policy?

What decent journalist has linked us to any player outside that core group?

What good is it doing you to pretend that we aren't going to end up with a squad that's roughly the 5-8th best in August and thus end in those positions in May?

Because I trust the manager and if the Owners, TC, or anybody else try to f**k him over I am sure we will hear about it on his way out.

The only reason we have not signed Gotze is because of Gotze..not from lack of trying...most credible journo's are still saying a deal can still be had but he won't be signing for any squad until close to the end of the window.

As for Karius, Matip, Grujic, and the rest we have been linked to; I see no difference in the managers dealings at LFC then he had at Mainz or BvB...don't really understand why people think he will be different here.

If you don't like the managers choices then fair enough...if he gets it wrong then you can stand up and call for his head.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25564: Jun 20, 2016 11:58:33 pm

It's not speculation..its just a bunch of whine, wrapped in a blanket of utter negativity while calling it the absolute truth.

Except we aren't signing Gotze, we are just going to overpay for Mane

Personally would not shock me even a little to see Gotze wearing a LFC kit next season.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25565: Jun 21, 2016 12:09:06 am
      It's not speculation..its just a bunch of whine, wrapped in a blanket of utter negativity while calling it the absolute truth.

As opposed to a circlejerk about how much everyone has seen of Higuain?

The irony of everyone cryarsing about me pointing out we've only been linked to about four players, of which one has rejected us and the other has an ever increasing price tag, is that over the years the biggest amount of utter sh*t on this forum is in threads about players we were never ever going to sign. Hundreds of pages of discussion of tactics for a new side and bickering over players we've probably never even bid for.

For the record, I think Jürgen Klopp is an excellent football manager who will have modest success at this club under the transfer strategy currently in place. The situation in the Premier League in 2016/17 is not the same as the Bundesliga in 2007/08, so pointing to that as a parallel strikes me as naive at best and blind faith at worst.

If Jürgen Klopp wins a league title for Liverpool, which is surely still the ultimate objective for him, it will in spite of the repeated mistakes and mismanagement of transfers which has dogged Liverpool for twenty f**king years... not because of it.

As for wild speculation and moaning, my views have been informed by countless transfer windows getting excited and then ultimately disappointed as Liverpool fail to secure - or even try to sign - good players and overpay for averages ones.

It's what we do. It's why we haven't won a title in nearly three decades and it's showing no signs of changing any time soon.
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2016 12:19:58 am by KS67 »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25566: Jun 21, 2016 12:17:44 am
      As opposed to a circlejerk about how much everyone has seen of Higuain?

The irony of everyone cryarsing about me pointing out we've only been linked to about four players, of which one has rejected us and the other has an ever increasing price tag, is that no one even disputes that over the years the biggest amount of utter sh*t on this forum is in threads about players we were never ever going to sign.

So are you suggesting that the manager came here without any assurances of being backed in the transfer market?

Do you suggest that when the manager made the statement below he was lying?

“If I don’t want the player to come here he will not come and if the player I want does not fit our budget then he will not come too. That is absolutely normal.”

Do you believe that if FSG tries to f**k over Jürgen Klopp he would remain silent and do nothing?

So to me KS you are stuck in the past.

However

If you think the manager is not a bullshitter and would tell the owners and the TC to "F**k Off" if they try to tell him what to do then give him a chance and stop being stuck in the past.

We have the 4th highest net spend the past 5 years in the PL...so he has his net cash...(probably around £35M) and whatever he can generate from sales...so yes he does have a budget and no it's not like City's or United's...no news there

Give the guy a chance, let him do his thing before waving the white flag and just giving in to what you see as inevitable failure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #25567: Jun 21, 2016 01:02:01 am
      And yet you are doing he same thing, stating the outcome based on the past, only your version is more "optimistic" so you get to judge those that find it hard to have your level of optimism. Seems a bit hypocritical for you AZ.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25568: Jun 21, 2016 01:43:43 am
      And yet you are doing he same thing, stating the outcome based on the past, only your version is more "optimistic" so you get to judge those that find it hard to have your level of optimism. Seems a bit hypocritical for you AZ.

Maybe a bit of difference is me saying give it a chance and see what happens vs. This is what's going to happen because this is what always happens.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #25569: Jun 21, 2016 01:53:39 am
      Maybe a bit of difference is me saying give it a chance and see what happens vs. This is what's going to happen because this is what always happens.
      Well obviously we have no choice but to see what happens, but human nature is to assume future results based on past experiences. It's not really that "out there". Yes I have faith that Klopp will improve the results, but you have people on this very forum already trying to dumb down expectations and basically say it's a rebuilding job. Well we've been rebuilding for the last how many years, think some are ready to actually improve.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25570: Jun 21, 2016 02:07:00 am
      Well obviously we have no choice but to see what happens, but human nature is to assume future results based on past experiences. It's not really that "out there". Yes I have faith that Klopp will improve the results, but you have people on this very forum already trying to dumb down expectations and basically say it's a rebuilding job. Well we've been rebuilding for the last how many years, think some are ready to actually improve.

I am not dumbing down anything because I do not have a crystal ball; stating that we are not going to get Gotze but are going to overpay for Mane and his previous 10 or so posts stating that in no uncertain terms that the club is DOOMED! is beyond speculating on transfers; its just being negative for the sake of it.

That's why I posted the picture and that's while I will stand by it.

2016/2017 might be our greatest season in 20 years or Klopp may be gone by the Spring...and just like with transfers we will just have to wait and see before passing judgment on events that have not even happened yet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #25571: Jun 21, 2016 02:30:42 am
      I am not dumbing down anything because I do not have a crystal ball; stating that we are not going to get Gotze but are going to overpay for Mane and his previous 10 or so posts stating that in no uncertain terms that the club is DOOMED! is beyond speculating on transfers; its just being negative for the sake of it.

2016/2017 might be our greatest season in 20 years or Klopp may be gone by the Spring...and just like with transfers we will just have to wait and see before passing judgment on events that have not even happened yet.

Klopp isn't going anywhere man, he will be here for awhile. So while he can be patient, some folks are understandably at the end of their patience and want results now. That's their business and while negativity may not be mine or your style, think you'd have figured out by now that a vocal portion of LFC supporters live off of negativity.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25572: Jun 21, 2016 02:50:26 am

You accuse me of being negative and doom mongering.

Yet I have repeatedly said I believe Klopp will do well with these players but it's not going to be enough to win the league if we keep settling for second best.

Just because you don't like what I'm saying, don't put words in my mouth.

The tragedy of Liverpool isn't that we are doomed to irrelevance. It's that we are so close to being top dogs again but constantly undermine ourselves signing sh*te. We have so much going for us, yet it"s some people on here who celebrate the mediocre players joining who are doing more harm than good. Some people can't stop making excuses for why it's okay to be mediocre and then at the same time chew out others for not showing their levels of faith.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25573: Jun 21, 2016 03:09:01 am
      We have so much going for us, yet it"s some people on here who celebrate the mediocre players joining who are doing more harm than good.

But the manager has the call on who we buy/who we sell so nobody is celebrating mediocre players.

What you really want it City/PSG money spent but you don't admit it; not that if you did it mattered because it's totally alternate reality that simply pining over is not going to make it real.

What I want is the manager to spend his budget on whatever/whoever he want's without interference...if that player turns out to be mediocre than it will be the managers fault for choosing the wrong player.

We are fourth on net spend the past 5 years (that is net after sales) behind Chelsea, United, and City...so we are spending more than 16 other squads.

I don't give a flying f**k if we overpay for Mane because if we did that means the manager thinks he is worth it, conversely if we underpaid for Karius then I also don't give a flying f**k how much the player costs.

The manager stood at the cameras and said he has first say and last say on transfers...point blank...we know from experience he will have right around £33,000,000 + Player sales to work with; we know from experience he has seldom spend huge amounts of money on players.

Which players has the gaffer brought in that are mediocre?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25574: Jun 21, 2016 03:14:52 am

Klopp isn't going anywhere man, he will be here for awhile. So while he can be patient, some folks are understandably at the end of their patience and want results now. That's their business and while negativity may not be mine or your style, think you'd have figured out by now that a vocal portion of LFC supporters live off of negativity.

Totally understand where you are coming from and don't disagree in the least, however it's not going to change what I think or how I post, just as I suspect you would not either.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25575: Jun 21, 2016 04:11:44 am
      There's a fundamental difference between this manager and the others who served under FSG: Klopp does not have to be a puppet. He demands success like the rest of us and he's coming in with a reputation and enough star power that if he feels he's getting played around with by the ownership, he won't have anything holding him back from being able to say f*ck off.

In fact, I'm sure that both Klopp and FSG are very aware that he has the power and potential at any given moment to rally the majority of our fan corps behind himself in mutiny against FSG given the current sensitivity of our situation. And even if he gets terminated for speaking out on the issues of decision making or lack of funds or whatever the truth may be of what's truly holding the club back, his reputation and capabilities would still be known as more than in tact whereas the relationship between LFC and its owners would be left in complete shambles.

Now I'm aware that paints a dark picture, but it's the fact of the matter, and that hint of leverage is what gives me optimism that this transfer window will mark the start of a very different look for Liverpool in the market.

Being said, I still don't expect us to consistently sign world-beaters with huge reputations and established market values just yet. That's not Klopp's style and I don't think he'd go out of his way to ensure that. But I would say to trust that these decisions are being made by Klopp and not our ownership - which is a change and a point for optimism and/or realism, not negativity.

Quick Reply