Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208544 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25599: Jun 21, 2016 10:04:02 pm
      Yea, definitely an FSG signing.....45m for a 29 year old Italian???

:D

Maybe we have a new computer running Windows 10 ?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25600: Jun 21, 2016 10:17:33 pm
      Maybe we have a new computer running Windows 10 ?

I have it from a very good source that we run AmigaOS, because there is more value in keeping it than trading it away.

Reliable and easy to learn it has cut our scout training costs by 0.000042% annually for the past 5 years.

When asked about LFC technology at the latest FIFA scouting network symposium...both JWH & Ian Ayre gave it a big fat thumbs up!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25601: Jun 21, 2016 10:30:36 pm
      So we have bid €45 million for Hamsik apparently.

Most likely bullshit but few "sources" are running with it.

Seems like a lot of money for us to be "offering" for a 28/29 year old.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #25602: Jun 21, 2016 10:36:19 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25603: Jun 22, 2016 12:19:22 pm
      It just strikes me as completely ridiculous people can claim he is in total control yet he isn't able to shift the overall strategy.

New television deal, increased stadium capacity and Jürgen Klopp at the helm and he has freely chosen Leicester's second choice leftback, Zielinski and Mane?

It's so ridiculous surely no one believes that.

So of course the budget plays a huge part in the transfer process.

If you worked for any normal company where you are in charge of purchasing then you often don't set the overall budgets or have free choice of suppliers but you have power over the stuff within your remit.

But you wouldn't claim you had total control over purchasing. The criteria within which Klopp is working is not going to change from Rodgers and as a result he has to deal with many of the same issues, compromising on the quality of players bought.

I'm not for one second expecting him to be able to sign anyone, we aren't PSG and frankly I don't want to be.

But I honestly started to believe that FSG would give a man of Klopp's ability the backing the befits his status. But then it's become painfully obvious it will be same old same old.

Ok mate let's play a game, the lfcreds Football Manager + Fantasy Football.

Jürgen has identified which positions he needs to fill in the team/squad.  They are

Keeper
      Left back
      Centre back
      Central midfielder
      Wide attacker

Qualities he needs from these new players.

Keeper needs to be excellent in 1 on 1 situations, a good shot stopper and comfortable sweeping behind the CB's.  Starter.

LB, he quite likes what he has in Moreno from an attacking pov and feels he can work on his positional sense and defending but would like another young player to compete with him to push him in his development.  Competition.

CB needs to be an aggressive, front foot type defender with good aerial ability.  Starter.

CM needs to be a good tackler, have good close control and passing, can transition quickly between defense and attack, good when pressed or under pressure with the ball, be able to bring the ball forward quickly, be a creator and contribute with goals.  Preferably a starter.

Wide attacker needs pace, creativity and goals, understands his pressing game and play on either side.  Starter.

His budget.  We normally have around £30m to spend and with the new tv deal that's around another £30m.  He will also get the money from any sales but he can't assume how much as he won't know who will buy who or for how much, so his budget is £60m.

Again due to not knowing who will leave other than those out of contract and knowing that the wage budget increase is restricted by PL ffp rules his wage increase can be no more than £300k per week.

So that's 5 positions he's identified, for this summer, that if he can find the right players with these qualities it should give him the tools he needs to make a difference to our coming season.   

So far he's spent around £10m on his starting keeper, his starting CB and potentially his starting CM.  His 1st choice for the LB position, Chilwell, is going to cost another £10m, his other main target for the CM, Zielinski, is another £10m and his wide attacker, Mane, is at least £30m.

That's his £60m budget spent.

Looking at Zielinskis profile he can also play wide right and Gotze another target, that we've already agreed a fee of £20m plus £175k pw wages for, can also be his wide attacker.  I believe that deal, which has been agreed and accepted by the player and his Club, is still on the table so he may well still come if another Club higher up the pecking order doesn't come in for him.

You also need to take account of the high energy, stamina, work rate, the demands of the PL that the players need to adjust to and the fact that we haven't won a title in 25 plus years and we don't have any European football to offer them.

So with all that in mind, the positions he wants upgrading, the budget set, the wage bill increase agreed, use all your player knowledge, footy manager experience and any of the stats based sites to find these "better" fits that you believe must be out there.

Don't worry mate, this is all hypothetical, I'm not really expecting you to waste precious time and energy in actually doing all that research.  You're not a scout or a stats analyst, nor have any footy agents on speed dial to see who's available and willing to come to a Club still living on it's past.

Having said all that we could very easily end up spending a lot more than the £60m as Skrtel, Allen and Benteke could all leave and bring in another £40m.  Or maybe as some suspect we could lose Cou for another £40m/£50m or maybe even Hendo and Lallana for another £40m but I don't believe that Jürgen wants to rip up the whole 1st team and start again like some believe we should.

Alternatively we could go out and spend the £60m on a load of squaddies with the odd "big fee" signing that doesn't really fit how Jürgen plays and isn't what we need, in the hope that one or two might, eventually, in 2 or 3 years be good enough, like we have been doing.

It's fun to vent that you're not happy with the managers signings and targets, or the Clubs policy.

That you think he should be doing better with the money he has available.

To believe that he, nor the players he wants, will get us to where you think we should be.

That despite, it seems, he's actually identified where he needs to improve the starting 11 and squad, to give himself better options or options he doesn't currently have for the coming seasons, that he should be doing more.

That he believes he can and will improve what he already has, to make the sum of his parts a better whole.

That we won't finish any higher than this last season or the average of the 6th place we've finished over the last 6 seasons.

All of the above is perfectly reasonable and acceptable, we all want to be back up in the top slots year in, year out and winning a trophy or two every season, that we've waited too long for the holy grail but even with Jürgen, it was never going to happen immediately. 

Even the oil clubs with their untold riches took several years to get to where they are.  We've done the hard work, the hard miles of building our revenues, building the squad we have, extending the stadium, getting our Manager but we are still miles behind them both financially and status wise but if our patience will allow it he will get us there.

Who knows it could be this coming season, it may take another 2 or 3 but I'm absolutely certain that Jürgen knows what he's doing, is happy with his signings and targets and how our recruitment works or he wouldn't have come in the first place.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #25604: Jun 22, 2016 12:29:43 pm
      Ha! Migs wont be sold, what gives you that idea? But agree that we would kinda break even on spend and sales.

OUTs
      Skrtel £5m, Markovic £8m, Mario £8m, Benteke £25m, Ibe £6m, Ilori £3m, Wisdom £3m, Alberto £2m, Bogdan+Tex £1m
      Approx. £60m revenue thru sales

INs
      Karius £4.7m, Grujic £5.1m, Matip (free), Zielinski £9.5m, Chilwell £5m, Moura/Mane £30m
      Approx. £55m

I know Allen has impressed everyone in the Euros and proved he can be a good asset given a continuous run. Given that we don't look like adding anyone after Zielinski, I would prefer Allen over Hendo partnering Can as Allen has much more efficiency in terms of ball control, collecting a pass from defence and supply it to the attack. Agreed, we would rather have someone like Kovacic or Dahoud but for next season, I think Allen deserves a consistent chance in the playing 11.

Amen to that. IMHO - I prefer Pirlo to Henderson any day. He was so frustrating last season (perhaps due to injury) but I have never really gone for Henderson.

BTW: No one is going to pay £8m for Mad Mario. Also, Markovic is staying. For Tex we are getting measly £250k.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25605: Jun 22, 2016 12:31:35 pm

That average of £80m per club will leap closer to £120m per club, per season. Next season’s winners will take home central prize cash alone of around £150m. The team at the bottom will earn about £100m.

That’s before a ticket or replica shirt is sold, before a sponsorship deal is done.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3381083/Premier-League-sides-eye-TV-cash-bonanza-worst-season-relegated-flight.html#ixzz4CJ51S9m0

We really should be okay for a few quid all things considered.  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #25606: Jun 22, 2016 12:34:54 pm
      I guess there's no use in discussing the merits of transfer targets anymore, we will get who we get and if you don't like it you should go support another team where they shop off the top shelf.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25607: Jun 22, 2016 01:14:46 pm
      we will get who we get and if you don't like it you should go support another team where they shop off the top shelf.
      Sadly that's exactly what a lot of kids (with no ties to LFC) do. A quick look at both Chelsea and City's growth world-wide proves that... it's almost self-sustaining to be honest.

Yeah you'll have people (who don't like to think) laud Leicester 'as the way forward' yet they forget the 11 time European Champion Galacticos when they are doing their calculations. 

I would have thought growing the (global) fanbase was of benefit to the football team but doing just that, by spending big on top quality, carries more financial risk for investors so... to F**k with that; eh?  :laugh:
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25608: Jun 22, 2016 02:43:06 pm
      I guess there's no use in discussing the merits of transfer targets anymore, we will get who we get and if you don't like it you should go support another team where they shop off the top shelf.

Get it together you tart.

We are discussing the merits of signings and strategy. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they have to go support someone else.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #25609: Jun 22, 2016 02:52:58 pm

We are discussing the merits of signings and strategy. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they have to go support someone else.

Clearly sarcasm isn't your strong point...and what does "tart" mean?  Is that supposed to be insulting?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25610: Jun 22, 2016 02:52:59 pm

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25611: Jun 22, 2016 03:20:12 pm
      I am really not getting stressed anymore about our signings. As long as Jürgen gives his approval lets get them in and give them a chance. We have bought cheap players and expensive players a lot of who have been next to useless.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25612: Jun 22, 2016 03:32:11 pm
      Clearly sarcasm isn't your strong point...and what does "tart" mean?  Is that supposed to be insulting?

Tart actually means a promiscuous attractive lady! Are you Britney Spears by any chance? :laugh:

On a side note, leave the ranters alone! We are gonna talk all about this all over again on Sep 1 !!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25613: Jun 22, 2016 04:07:12 pm

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick mate.

Haha, yeah I re read it and deffo got that wrong. Sorry FL.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #25614: Jun 22, 2016 04:09:33 pm
      I am really not getting stressed anymore about our signings. As long as Jürgen gives his approval lets get them in and give them a chance. We have bought cheap players and expensive players a lot of who have been next to useless.

Here's the question though....Jürgen apparently wanted this kid from Leicester, but we aren't willing to meet their valuation. So should we just kick in and pay asking price? I mean Jürgen obviously wanted him, so where do we draw the line?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #25615: Jun 22, 2016 04:09:49 pm
      Haha, yeah I re read it and deffo got that wrong. Sorry FL.

No worries, just messing with you,no harm, no foul.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25616: Jun 22, 2016 04:27:04 pm
      Here's the question though....Jürgen apparently wanted this kid from Leicester, but we aren't willing to meet their valuation. So should we just kick in and pay asking price? I mean Jürgen obviously wanted him, so where do we draw the line?

I think Jürgen draws that line, but with an awareness that there's a set budget and if he allocates more funds to this transfer, there will be less funds available for the others. So I'm sure there's a rationality of "ok they're asking more for him than he's worth, let's move on and find ourselves a better deal" which I think is done by Jürgen and his selected crew (Buvac and others).

Others on this forum could think that it is FSG who draw that line directly and some others will think it is a random committee of people selected by FSG who draw that line.

Who is actually correct here is pure speculation because it seems this facade that's been raised out our club in terms of transfers has essentially eliminated any possibility for finding out the truth.

But I like the mentality that s@int put forth in another thread: we give Jürgen credit for the successes and we give him blame for the failures. Jürgen is intelligent enough and came in with a strong enough reputation to have structured his contract in a way that if that's the way he's dealt with (which is what he'd want IMO) then that means he must be given the reigns in one sense or another.

So, long story short, I think Jürgen is the one who will draw that line, but within the confines of the overall budget.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #25617: Jun 23, 2016 07:37:04 am
      If we get Zielinski and sell Allen, I'd be so happy. It means Lucas is staying :scarf:

Also, I think Jürgen has understood that Gotze does not want to leave Bayern which is with Juventus, Barca, Ream M, Athletico M in the top 5 clubs in the world.

But I guess that if Ancoletti does not want Gotze, Jürgen will try his best to get him.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #25618: Jun 23, 2016 09:34:04 am
      we give Jürgen credit for the successes and we give him blame for the failures.

Most don't though. I'm not knocking Saint, he's a poster I have respect for on here, and I'm not aiming this at yourself, but most people think the sun shines out Klopp's arse, he walks on water, drinks wine from the tap and his farts smell of roses. He's the messiah and when things go wrong it's player X or player Y's fault, some even still blame Brendan Rodgers even though he left the club almost a season ago.

In my honest opinion, an opinion I know will be unpopular, I think he's being totally naive on what's needed to win the league. You want some pet project? Knock yourself out after you've secured the services of a first team player better than the one we have now. A teenager who is yet to kick a ball in the Premier League might  be molded into Klopp's perfect fullback but he isn't going to put any pressure on Moreno.

If this was Brendan Rodgers going for any one of the transfers we're linked with (Gotze aside) there would be murder but because it's Jürgen 'The Messiah' Klopp, we get "trust Jürgen" instead. I don't want to wait another five years to maybe win the league, I want to win it next season but we sure as hell aren't going to do that with most of the players we're being linked with.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #25619: Jun 23, 2016 10:03:07 am
      Most don't though. I'm not knocking Saint, he's a poster I have respect for on here, and I'm not aiming this at yourself, but most people think the sun shines out Klopp's arse, he walks on water, drinks wine from the tap and his farts smell of roses. He's the messiah and when things go wrong it's player X or player Y's fault, some even still blame Brendan Rodgers even though he left the club almost a season ago.

In my honest opinion, an opinion I know will be unpopular, I think he's being totally naive on what's needed to win the league. You want some pet project? Knock yourself out after you've secured the services of a first team player better than the one we have now. A teenager who is yet to kick a ball in the Premier League might  be molded into Klopp's perfect fullback but he isn't going to put any pressure on Moreno.

If this was Brendan Rodgers going for any one of the transfers we're linked with (Gotze aside) there would be murder but because it's Jürgen 'The Messiah' Klopp, we get "trust Jürgen" instead. I don't want to wait another five years to maybe win the league, I want to win it next season but we sure as hell aren't going to do that with most of the players we're being linked with.

His pedigree, philosophy, character and the little amount of time he's been hear warrants whatever leighway he's currently getting surely..?  He's only been here a few months with little to actually critique.? Full season 1 and season 2 and Klopp will receive the usual pessimistic criticism I'm sure..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25620: Jun 23, 2016 10:14:08 am
      If we get Zielinski and sell Allen, I'd be so happy. It means Lucas is staying :scarf:

Also, I think Jürgen has understood that Gotze does not want to leave Bayern which is with Juventus, Barca, Ream M, Athletico M in the top 5 clubs in the world.

But I guess that if Ancoletti does not want Gotze, Jürgen will try his best to get him.

Juventus, top 5 club in the world??? are you Italian perchance? As much as it pains me to say it but you'd have to include Manure in the top5 clubs in the world but we are coming to knock them off that particular perch.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #25621: Jun 23, 2016 11:02:25 am
      I have it from a very good source that we run AmigaOS,

Boss OS that.

Quick Reply