Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4267092 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25714: Jun 27, 2016 02:44:59 am
      I do think you should perhaps keep a more open mind than just accepting whatever Klopp does is great though mate.

Nah it's not like that mate, not at all. No doubt Jürgen will make mistakes on the touchline, in the transfer market and in man management after all he is human and the best managers today or historically will screw up from time to time.

I have a closed mind when xxx poster with XXX posts waltz's in and declares somebody is definitely sh*t because they watched a player and they "know without a doubt that his is sh*t and/or he is not worth £££". When I see "expert" analysis like that I will automatically trust the gaffers eye for talent over theirs without question.

For myself or other mindless drones it truly is not an "Imhotep" kind of acceptance of the gaffer it is the realization that he probably knows more than most and definitely more than I do.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #25715: Jun 27, 2016 02:51:23 am
      Lets just lock all the transfer threads up like, no use discussing them since Jürgen knows better than all of us.

Let's agree on how many games a player has to play for us before we can label them a boom or bust and we can open up their threads for discussion then.

No use wasting bandwidth discussing stuff that Klopp knows better than the rest of us.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25716: Jun 27, 2016 04:21:40 am
      Lets just lock all the transfer threads up like, no use discussing them since Jürgen knows better than all of us.

Let's agree on how many games a player has to play for us before we can label them a boom or bust and we can open up their threads for discussion then.

No use wasting bandwidth discussing stuff that Klopp knows better than the rest of us.

Not what I said at all FL...somebody has a different viewpoint regarding trusting the manager and then you go all defensive like someone is trying to take away your voice; you sound like your a 70 year old member of the tea party at a social security seminar and everybody is taking away your rights.

There is a difference being skeptical, debating pro's and con's regarding opinions having an open discussion.

Mane is total sh*te, I watched him and I know he is not worth £££ and the club better get a f**king grip because I am telling you he is an inconsistent piece of sh*te why you may ask? Because I know it to be the truth

Vs.

Mane has good stats; looks to be a good signing though it seems he might be a bit inconsistent and £30 million while not what it used to be with the TV money today is still a lot for another Southampton player...hope the gaffer has this one right.

Notice the difference? Plenty of skeptics regarding Mane and other transfers including myself (have no idea why we are wasting money/time on Grujic & Zielinski) but most skeptics are not trying to come off as a f**king expert on players who know everything and bang on about how the club and manger are f**king up yet again.

My opinion and that is all it is, (its not fact) is what it is and...nobody is asking you to care and no the forum is not turning into RAWK.

As you said and quite correctly just call a spade a spade and regarding the posts earlier today about Mane that got this going that is all I did.

As far as Jürgen goes...I sure as hell he knows better than all of us here or we are in deep sh*te.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016 04:41:21 am by AZPatriot »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #25717: Jun 27, 2016 04:25:43 am

He does though! That's why he's the manager.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25718: Jun 27, 2016 06:31:00 am
      Nah it's not like that mate, not at all. No doubt Jürgen will make mistakes on the touchline, in the transfer market and in man management after all he is human and the best managers today or historically will screw up from time to time.

I have a closed mind when xxx poster with XXX posts waltz's in and declares somebody is definitely sh*t because they watched a player and they "know without a doubt that his is sh*t and/or he is not worth £££". When I see "expert" analysis like that I will automatically trust the gaffers eye for talent over theirs without question.

For myself or other mindless drones it truly is not an "Imhotep" kind of acceptance of the gaffer it is the realization that he probably knows more than most and definitely more than I do.

I have no doubt that Jürgen knows more, but part of the enjoyment of being a supporter (and indeed one of the reasons for coming on this site) is having an opinion on everything from who was our best ever player to why we need a stronger midfield and if Jürgen disagrees with your opinion... maybe he will get it right next time :)

Its a bit like politics mate, I dare say that David Cameron, apart from his intimate knowledge of pigs, knows more about running a country than we do...doesn't stop people from disagreeing with him and having their own opinions on what we should be doing. 
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #25719: Jun 27, 2016 07:46:16 am
      Mikishtaaareeihsten going to the scum £26m :-(
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25720: Jun 27, 2016 07:49:05 am
      Mikishtaaareeihsten going to the scum £26m :-(

Why is that a better deal than Mane to us? I fail to understand.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #25721: Jun 27, 2016 08:09:55 am
      Micky lad only has one year left on his contract with Dortmund, a case of cashing your chips while you can.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #25722: Jun 27, 2016 09:08:26 am
      A bit concerning esp with our midfield issues!

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/747182458840453120
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #25723: Jun 27, 2016 10:16:37 am
      So the alternative to Chilwel is Ryan Bertrand.

now we are just taking the p!ss  :lmao:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #25724: Jun 27, 2016 10:33:52 am

What issues do you mean? (just interested...)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #25725: Jun 27, 2016 10:38:05 am
      What issues do you mean? (just interested...)

Lack of a quality ball playing midfielder to play with Can.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25726: Jun 27, 2016 10:48:04 am
      I think it means main signings as in he will cost the most at £30m. I don't see us going spending £30m on many players. The only other player could be Dahoud and that's not looking likely so far.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #25727: Jun 27, 2016 10:50:22 am
      I think it means main signings as in he will cost the most at £30m. I don't see us going spending £30m on many players. The only other player could be Dahoud and that's not looking likely so far.

especially that we have spent 30m on another southampton player
      HerZamanKIRMIZI
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #25728: Jun 27, 2016 12:26:40 pm
      If we had bought Southampton 3 years ago, it would have been so much cheaper for us in terms of the money spent on Southampton players.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #25729: Jun 27, 2016 12:36:15 pm
      Not what I said at all FL...somebody has a different viewpoint regarding trusting the manager and then you go all defensive like someone is trying to take away your voice; you sound like your a 70 year old member of the tea party at a social security seminar and everybody is taking away your rights.

There is a difference being skeptical, debating pro's and con's regarding opinions having an open discussion.

Mane is total sh*te, I watched him and I know he is not worth £££ and the club better get a f**king grip because I am telling you he is an inconsistent piece of sh*te why you may ask? Because I know it to be the truth

Vs.

Mane has good stats; looks to be a good signing though it seems he might be a bit inconsistent and £30 million while not what it used to be with the TV money today is still a lot for another Southampton player...hope the gaffer has this one right.

Notice the difference? Plenty of skeptics regarding Mane and other transfers including myself (have no idea why we are wasting money/time on Grujic & Zielinski) but most skeptics are not trying to come off as a f**king expert on players who know everything and bang on about how the club and manger are f**king up yet again.

My opinion and that is all it is, (its not fact) is what it is and...nobody is asking you to care and no the forum is not turning into RAWK.

As you said and quite correctly just call a spade a spade and regarding the posts earlier today about Mane that got this going that is all I did.

As far as Jürgen goes...I sure as hell he knows better than all of us here or we are in deep sh*te.
      You don't have an opinion though, youve said as much, you just "trust Jürgen" and go with that.

Reminds me of that bumper sticker I saw during the last Presidential election "vote Democrat, it's easier than thinking" :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #25730: Jun 27, 2016 12:37:44 pm

And that's why people aren't so sure about spending £30m plus on THIS player, what does that leave for our other needs?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #25731: Jun 27, 2016 12:48:45 pm
      Mane is on the way over whether we like it or not, consistent or inconsistent is of no relevance now. But looking at the way he performed so far he has end product in him as oppose to some of our current midfield players, that itself is already a plus point. Next I'd like to see a  Masch like DM and a must buy left back, I've given up on Moreno. With that it would make us more difficult to break down while creating havoc at the opposition end.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #25732: Jun 27, 2016 01:14:02 pm
      I've heard alot on here that we need a DM type signing. I think we seem to forget that we've signed Marko Grujic and just because he's 5-6 million player and not a 20-30 million player. This boy could very well turn out to be another Gundogen so I'm trusting Jurgens judgement on him. Quite looking forward to seeing him in our midfield.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #25733: Jun 27, 2016 01:28:36 pm
      So far we have a new CB, GK and now a Winger - to be fair that is what most people wanted in the window... If we can add one or two other players of quality I will be delighted with the summer window.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25734: Jun 27, 2016 01:30:47 pm
      And that's why people aren't so sure about spending £30m plus on THIS player, what does that leave for our other needs?

We've barely started selling yet mate and if we only sell those rumoured to be leaving, Allen, Skrtel and Benteke, then that should bring in around £40m with around £250k knocked off the wage bill.  Add that to the £130k we've removed from it with Enrique and Kolo leaving there's plenty of wriggle room for at least one more "big money" signing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25735: Jun 27, 2016 01:47:35 pm
      So far we have a new CB, GK and now a Winger - to be fair that is what most people wanted in the window... If we can add one or two other players of quality I will be delighted with the summer window.

We also have a new midfielder don't we, Grujic or is he the CB?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25736: Jun 27, 2016 01:52:42 pm
      We also have a new midfielder don't we, Grujic or is he the CB?

He's the midfielder mate  :gt-happyup:

Quick Reply