Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4284049 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27255: Aug 22, 2016 11:10:04 am
      City and United spend sitting at 170 - 180 Million EACH.
      LFC - 5 Million.

Blown out of the water.

when we sell Alberto that's likely to be zero and we got beat by a newly promoted Burnley could there be a link between spending and success ? who would of thunk it.  The problem Jürgen has is we have seen this all before and we know the outcome just checkout the league table.
      The point about big players like Luis is that alone they bring game winning possibilities but even more than that the rest of the team believe they will win with that player in the team is this so hard for the powers that be to understand
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27256: Aug 22, 2016 11:54:58 am
      The point about big players like Luis is that alone they bring game winning possibilities but even more than that the rest of the team believe they will win with that player in the team
      That much really is true Walt and it goes without saying that our win % was high but the startling thing is; even after we sold Luis to Barca, Rodgers won 46% of his P.L. games - 2% higher than Jürgen.  :o

So... if, as the odd fan or two would have you believe, we don't need to sign top quality players: what the frig do we need?  :-\
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #27257: Aug 22, 2016 12:04:45 pm
      That much really is true Walt and it goes without saying that our win % was high but the startling thing is; even after we sold Luis to Barca, Rodgers won 46% of his P.L. games - 2% higher than Jürgen.  :o

So... if, as the odd fan or two would have you believe, we don't need to sign top quality players: what the frig do we need?  :-\

I can see this season panning out in the old usual way, dining out on wins against Arsenal and UTD  wonder goals by couthino and a Cup run and finishing 6th or 7th. We are a team without character or a spine The Burton game now becomes more important than the Spurs one because without good cup runs we could be playing to a half empty Anfield come February as we will have nothing to play for.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27258: Aug 22, 2016 12:27:36 pm
      when we sell Alberto that's likely to be zero and we got beat by a newly promoted Burnley could there be a link between spending and success ? who would of thunk it.  The problem Jürgen has is we have seen this all before and we know the outcome just checkout the league table.
      The point about big players like Luis is that alone they bring game winning possibilities but even more than that the rest of the team believe they will win with that player in the team is this so hard for the powers that be to understand

Seems we're two Worldies away from being able to compete.
      Suarez and Gerrard leaving was a hammer blow.

Neither replaced, and doesn't look like we'll try to compete.
      Don't get me wrong, Klopp is a top manager.
      Without the financial backing behind him the Manchester clubs will stay miles ahead.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #27259: Aug 22, 2016 12:42:01 pm
      Fenway are going to have a tarpaulin muster at the next match at Anfield.They are that short of cash that all donations will be received with thanks.Tight bas**rds.
      Why is everyone blaming FSG? Jürgen has said he has money to spend and that he has FSG's full backing to buy who he wants. So is Jürgen lying?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #27260: Aug 22, 2016 12:45:32 pm
      Why is everyone blaming FSG? Jürgen has said he has money to spend and that he has FSG's full backing to buy who he wants. So is Jürgen lying?

He's not lying. There just isn't a better left back on the planet than Moreno.

:roll:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #27261: Aug 22, 2016 01:00:15 pm
      the Arsenal game was last season in a nutshell, breathtaking dominant wonderful attacking football followed by inept defending all played out in 20mins at the Emirates. We lack players who can see and smell danger or who can manage a game on the pitch. Jürgen has been here for less than 12 months many of us have been watching Liverpool much longer and whilst he is clearly in a much better position to judge his squad we have seen squads come and go some good some bad but what never changes is the quality of players needed to be successful and we are short by some margin in having a league winning side way short
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27262: Aug 22, 2016 03:01:30 pm
      Daniel Sturridge says he could walk away from Liverpool this summer to find more regular first-team action.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/511983/Transfer-News-Man-United-Victor-Valdes-Liverpool-Daniel-Sturridge-Chelsea-John-Terry?utm_source=externaloutbrain&utm_medium=recommendations&utm_term=paid&utm_content=sport&utm_campaign=2016&utm_term=5763007

He said: “There are things I want to achieve with Liverpool. I would never say I am Liverpool until I die, because I would be lying.

"I think any player who says, 'Oh yeah, this is the only team I will play for, for the rest of my life', they are deluded.

“In football, every team looks for replacements every single year. I am so ambitious, so hungry, right now for success that it is hard to put it into words.

“Now I'm in a place where I feel amazing, and I feel ready."
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #27263: Aug 22, 2016 03:04:44 pm
      Daniel Sturridge says he could walk away from Liverpool this summer to find more regular first-team action.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/511983/Transfer-News-Man-United-Victor-Valdes-Liverpool-Daniel-Sturridge-Chelsea-John-Terry?utm_source=externaloutbrain&utm_medium=recommendations&utm_term=paid&utm_content=sport&utm_campaign=2016&utm_term=5763007

He said: “There are things I want to achieve with Liverpool. I would never say I am Liverpool until I die, because I would be lying.

"I think any player who says, 'Oh yeah, this is the only team I will play for, for the rest of my life', they are deluded.

“In football, every team looks for replacements every single year. I am so ambitious, so hungry, right now for success that it is hard to put it into words.

“Now I'm in a place where I feel amazing, and I feel ready."

Why are you linking an article from April 30th?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27264: Aug 22, 2016 03:10:00 pm
      did not notice the date
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27265: Aug 22, 2016 03:10:06 pm

I was going to post then saying I saw this months ago. Surely it'd make sense to check the dates of stuff that you're posting?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #27266: Aug 22, 2016 04:07:32 pm
      I was going to post then saying I saw this months ago. Surely it'd make sense to check the dates of stuff that you're posting?

but it does let you get into his mind and he is not prepared to run through brickwalls is he. Playing him wide right is not the answer though.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27267: Aug 22, 2016 04:27:04 pm
      Yes it probably would...Told you all before,Don't proof read, spell check, rely to much on auto correct....Concentration ain't what it use to be

At least Walt read between the lines on the story
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #27268: Aug 22, 2016 04:35:03 pm
      Re transfers, it does seem that there's this nebulous "one more in" out there even from Pearce which has me rather curious. I don't think any of the rumours are ever onto anything (Paredes the latest example) but something, somewhere, seems to be in the works. I guess we'll find out in nine days what it is.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #27269: Aug 22, 2016 06:14:21 pm
      Any foundation in these rumors about a bid for Martins Indi?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #27270: Aug 22, 2016 06:43:38 pm
      Any foundation in these rumors about a bid for Martins Indi?

Not from any credible journos.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #27271: Aug 22, 2016 06:45:01 pm
      Isn't Martins Indi an extremely similar player to Klavan?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27272: Aug 22, 2016 10:45:21 pm
      https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/767836339488391168

Refusing to sign a left back when ours is dog sh*t, won't sign a midfielder to help us win possession or to take control but we'll get rid of one of our best centre backs and leave us light in that area. F***ing fantastic. Might as well loan Sturridge out too. Basically sabotaging our own season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #27273: Aug 22, 2016 10:49:50 pm

Refusing to sign a left back when ours is dog sh*t, won't sign a midfielder to help us win possession or to take control but we'll get rid of one of our best centre backs and leave us light in that area. F***ing fantastic. Might as well loan Sturridge out too. Basically sabotaging our own season.

if he isn't good enough F**k him off FSG need the money in their Bank account
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #27274: Aug 22, 2016 10:56:18 pm

What in blue hell is going on?

Why would you let Sakho go and leave us light with Centerbacks. Who exactly comes in when Lovren and either Matip or Klavan get a knock?

Klopp must have made a trip to the Emirates and picked up some of what they are  smoking over there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #27275: Aug 22, 2016 10:59:51 pm
      Strange one this considering Lovren is quite injury prone and Gomez has been out all season and still not fully fit.

We could potentially be looking at Wisdom as a starter - holy sh*t!

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27276: Aug 22, 2016 11:04:08 pm
      if he isn't good enough F**k him off FSG need the money in their Bank account

It's not about whether he's good enough or not, they just want to see him prove something to them and they only see that happening away from the club. It's basically the club's pathetic way of trying to teach him a lesson. This is a football club not a F***ing PR machine.

If we start making stupid moves in the transfer window again like not strengthening in our weakest positions and leaving ourselves with very little depth in key positions then we deserve everything we get this season IMO. I thought we'd got past amateur hour.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #27277: Aug 22, 2016 11:04:17 pm
      Strange one this considering Lovren is quite injury prone and Gomez has been out all season and still not fully fit.

We could potentially be looking at Wisdom as a starter - holy sh*t!

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone....it's like Klopp doesn't think he's got a big enough hill to climb with this squad so he's making it even harder on himself ;D

Quick Reply