Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212632 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27278: Aug 22, 2016 11:15:33 pm
      Why is everyone blaming FSG? Jürgen has said he has money to spend and that he has FSG's full backing to buy who he wants. So is Jürgen lying?

Who do you suggest we blame,the tea lady maybe.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #27279: Aug 22, 2016 11:43:33 pm
      Who do you suggest we blame,the tea lady maybe.

Well Klopp says he is in charge of transfers so I guess you should blame him if you don't like the transfer policy.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #27280: Aug 22, 2016 11:44:41 pm
      No, everything's Mignolet and Moreno's fault, obviously! :f_tongueincheek:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #27281: Aug 23, 2016 12:15:58 am
      Ridiculous thinking of letting sakho go. What are the club playing at. We're a F***ing laughing stock.

He might be a joker and a bit of a pain in the arse but his performances on the field have mostly been good and that's all what matters. For me he is our best centre half and should be starting.

Seriously starting to ask questions on some of Jurgens decisions now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #27282: Aug 23, 2016 12:24:38 am
      Sending Sakho to the naughty step doesn't sound like good management. If he isn't or doesn't fit into Klopps idea of a professional then just get shut .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27283: Aug 23, 2016 02:10:50 am
      I don't understand why we have to go into every season with one hand tied behind our back.

All we need to have a solid starting XI is LB and a top midfielder (or two).  That's it.

Instead we prefer to have these glaring weaknesses so that any success we achieve will have been "uphill" or "against greater odds."  Why not just go into the season with a strong first XI and try to fight with the big boys instead of constantly giving them a head start?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #27284: Aug 23, 2016 05:52:16 am
      Isn't Martins Indi an extremely similar player to Klavan?

Pretty much. Now that we look like sending Sakho out on loan, we need another left sided CB!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #27285: Aug 23, 2016 08:00:12 am
      Seems like there was more in that sending home of Sakho than we originally thought. Add to that his doping incident, injury record inconsistency and maybe Jürgen doesn't rate him all that much.

Having said all that on his day he is still a better defender than Lovren.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27286: Aug 23, 2016 08:19:17 am
      If we send Sakho on loan, we would be shooting to our feet. We need a better defender to replace him not someone just to add a number.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27287: Aug 23, 2016 10:11:12 am
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp says he cannot wait for the transfer window to be closed, as he can't believe how "obsessed" people were with signing new players. (Liverpool Echo)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27288: Aug 23, 2016 10:12:12 am
      We have a week, or so, of this window left so there may be a twist or two left yet but when you take what Jürgen has done, at face value; he has, like most managers new to any club, looked to strengthen the spine [GK; CH; CM/DM; CF] of the team.

So, in my opinion, any improvement, on last season's pish poor League showing, will depend (to a certain degree) on whether and by how much...

Karius is better than Mignolet; Matip/Klavan are better than Sakho/Skrtel/Lovren and Wijnaldum/Grujic are better than  Hendo/Can/Coutinho.

Personally I would have liked to see us sign a destroyer in midfield and strange as this may seem, given we score more under Jürgen but also conceded more, I too would have added 'goals' before new left back (not that I wouldn't have signed a new L.B. btw).

Time will tell and whilst it looks like yet another topsy-turvy season... it's still too effing early to be panicking.  ;)
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2016 10:32:18 am by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #27289: Aug 23, 2016 11:42:45 am
      strange as this may seem, given we score more under Jürgen but also conceded more, I too would have added 'goals' before new left back

Isn't this what Mane was bought for -- to help provide pace, width, and added goal threat?

I think we've done well this window.  Still seem short of options at LB, but Moreno rarely seems to get injured and if Klopp likes Milner there then I'll put my faith in him as well :)

I share Klopp's sentiment -- I'm ready for the window to close so we can all focus on the footie :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27290: Aug 23, 2016 12:06:10 pm
      Isn't this what Mane was bought for -- to help provide pace, width, and added goal threat?
      :-\

Er... erm... that's exactly why  I wrote "I too" 'arry, meaning that; "I too", like Jürgen, would have added more goals before  a new left back. "I too", "I too", "I" F***ing  "too".  :laugh:

You're going to have to spend more time on and take more care with your reading fella...  Naughty 'arry! :angry-smiley-034:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #27291: Aug 23, 2016 12:17:11 pm
      Surely we are going to sign a CB if Sakho goes out on loan?

Lovren, Matip, Klavan and Gomez our only options there if not.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #27292: Aug 23, 2016 01:16:52 pm

Again !!!
      if this is true,  we are going to fall to an Italian club taking one of our players on loan with a possibility of a permanenet deal (which will never materialise ) and don't tell me we will be paying 2/3 of his wage too during his loan
      hoped we learned our lesson with Italian clubs, but it seems we still haven't
      YNWA
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #27293: Aug 23, 2016 01:31:54 pm
      :-\

Er... erm... that's exactly why  I wrote "I too" 'arry, meaning that; "I too", like Jürgen, would have added more goals before  a new left back. "I too", "I too", "I" f**king  "too".  :laugh:

You're going to have to spend more time on and take more care with your reading fella...  Naughty 'arry! :angry-smiley-034:

Well, you literally mentioned all of our other signings but not Mane, so I thought maybe you'd just forgotten about him :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27294: Aug 23, 2016 02:25:42 pm
      What in blue hell is going on?

Why would you let Sakho go and leave us light with Centerbacks. Who exactly comes in when Lovren and either Matip or Klavan get a knock?

Klopp must have made a trip to the Emirates and picked up some of what they are  smoking over there.

Think the answer must be Lucas. I thought it strange when Klopp personally prevented his transfer...maybe now we know why?

I think if Sakho had been fit earlier he may even have been sold and wouldn't surprise me too much if we loan him now with the option to buy.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #27295: Aug 23, 2016 03:08:35 pm
      This Sakho stuff is bullshit.

Matip goes to the African Cup in the new year so we will be left with 2 recognised CB's.

Lucas is not the F***ing answer at CB the same as Milner is not the answer at LB.

Hes a good defender and this is just madness if true.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27296: Aug 23, 2016 03:20:56 pm

Matip goes to the African Cup in the new year so we will be left with 2 recognised CB's.

Lucas is not the f**king answer at CB the same as Milner is not the answer at LB.

Dunno mate, I suppose a lot depends on what (if anything) we don't know about the whole affair.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27297: Aug 23, 2016 03:58:15 pm
      I think a manager lives and dies by his decisions in the transfer market. Get your strategy right and you are half way there already. I have no idea why we would willingly leave ourselves so short at left back, arguably at right back and if (the admittedly overrated) Sakho is sold at centre back too.

I would be totally gobsmacked if we did anything of note this season with the squad Jürgen has assembled thus far.

I'd say that anything other than a top 4 finish and a shot at a trophy is failure for us this season, and i'm scratching my head trying to figure out 17 teams we can finish above.

Just a gut feeling.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27298: Aug 23, 2016 04:33:59 pm
      Well, you literally mentioned all of our other signings but not Mane, so I thought maybe you'd just forgotten about him
      I didn't mention him, by name, as I didn't realise I'd have to.  :laugh:

The other signings, in keeping with the post, if you take time to read it this time, are all part of the "spine" [the 'bit' right up the F***ing middle and the 'theme' of my post]: Mane isn't...

the spine [GK; CH; CM/DM; CF] of the team.
      He, as you tripped over yourself in telling me, was bought "to help provide pace, width, and added goal threat" and that, young fella, is why he wasn't mentioned by name. Read it again -  It's all there 'arry.  8)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27299: Aug 23, 2016 04:41:44 pm

Lucas is not the f**king answer at CB the same as Milner is not the answer at LB.

Exactly. We could potentially be throwing two midfielders into our backline. But I guess we still have Gomez available at CB.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27300: Aug 23, 2016 04:43:45 pm
      Maybe that's why we've been linked with that Bruno Mars bloke?  ;D

Two positions with one stone... BOGOF. 

Quick Reply