Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178950 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28313: Mar 01, 2017 03:57:32 pm
      I was thinking about who we could have done with THIS season, and I've come up with four names.

Mahmoud Dahoud-I've got no idea how good he is as I've never seen him play. My guess is though that we would have got him for 25-30 million pounds.

Piotr Zeilinski-I've got no idea how good he is as I've never seen him play. My guess is though that we could have got him for 12-15 million pounds.

Alex Teixera-I've no idea how good he is as I've never seen him play. My guess is we could have signed him for 34 million pounds.

Julian Brandt-I've no idea how good he is as I've never seen him play. My guess is though we could have got him for 15-20 million pounds.

If we'd have had those four players, you never know we might have been able to sustain a challenge beyond Christmas. We may have even won the league FFS, but no point in buying players "just for the sake of it" is there?

Never heard that we were interested in Brandt last summer, but apparently we are now, and I have been watching him quite a bit lately and am hoping against hope that we will sign him. He would be a great fit for Klopp, LFC and the Premier League. I haven't seen Teixera but the first two, Dahoud and Zielinski, I'm not so convinced on so maybe it's best that we didn't get them.

But that said, we need major additions and perhaps the most positive thing to come out of Monday was Klopp's post-match comments that make me think he is ready to jettison (or at least drop) some of the guys he's been choosing over and over again. Of course being able to attract the right players is another challenge entirely.

This summer FSG and Klopp must truly go for it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28314: Mar 01, 2017 04:08:52 pm

Seen him a ton of times this season. He will be compared to Kante because he's very high energy, but I think there's more to him with the ball at his feet, going forward, etc. An undoubted talent. I don't know his contract situation so if it is a transfer, LFC will have to pay a lot.

Makes me wonder then what the plan for the midfield is going forward. Of course we need depth so competition for starting places is a good thing, not bad. But if you're set on Hendo as a holding mid (although at some point we have to ask questions about reliability for selection - not his fault but this heel issue doesn't seem to go away), do we need to upgrade on Gini, Lallana, or both?

My guess is that he would play Gini's role and Gini would move up to play attacking mid, but then we just gave Lallana a big contract so....I have no idea. I do like Keita as a player, however.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28315: Mar 01, 2017 04:11:42 pm
      Steady when Ive seen him which isnt much to be fair. Sessegnon at Fulham maybe more likely

I don't think the Leeds player is coming here. The Fulham player might and maybe the Brazilian too. Investing in top youth players is fine, but we need to be bringing in 4-6 first choice players this summer including a central midfielder, a striker, a winger, a center back and a left back. I'd like to see Karius in goal the rest of the season to see if we need another goalkeeper as well.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #28316: Mar 01, 2017 04:34:19 pm
      Anyone know anything about the Leeds left back, Charlie Taylor?

Rumors he's looking for a move at the end of the season and fancies Liverpool.

He's a Left back who plays for Leeds.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28317: Mar 01, 2017 05:24:28 pm
      Seen him a ton of times this season. He will be compared to Kante because he's very high energy, but I think there's more to him with the ball at his feet, going forward, etc. An undoubted talent. I don't know his contract situation so if it is a transfer, LFC will have to pay a lot.

Makes me wonder then what the plan for the midfield is going forward. Of course we need depth so competition for starting places is a good thing, not bad. But if you're set on Hendo as a holding mid (although at some point we have to ask questions about reliability for selection - not his fault but this heel issue doesn't seem to go away), do we need to upgrade on Gini, Lallana, or both?

My guess is that he would play Gini's role and Gini would move up to play attacking mid, but then we just gave Lallana a big contract so....I have no idea. I do like Keita as a player, however.

He signed for RB Leipzig last summer, and with them in CL next season and being a rich club (rich owners), I can see them giving him a pay rise, and if they do let him go, it won't be for cheap. I am actually surprised FSG didn't look into him as he had one of the best stats in Europe for a midfielder or something before he joined RB Leipzig.

Anyway, we have one creative midfielder in the squad, a midfielder that plays left forward. As mentioned by The Real Donavan Ried, we have so much possession, probably the most in the league but with so little output.

Whilst Lallana, Hendo and Wijnaldum are very good vs big clubs, vs the lesser, they are pretty average. I think if we are to keep Hendo as the #6, he needs Coutinho playing in the Lallana role, we desperately need a proper ball playing #10 or #6, especially vs lower end teams.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28318: Mar 01, 2017 05:44:09 pm
      I think if we are to keep Hendo as the #6, he needs Coutinho playing in the Lallana role, we desperately need a proper ball playing #10 or #6, especially vs lower end teams.

When you say "proper," who comes to mind for you at both of those slots, currently playing in English football?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28319: Mar 01, 2017 05:59:30 pm
      When you say "proper," who comes to mind for you at both of those slots, currently playing in English football?

Herrera and Silva comes to mind, Fabregas when he is played (I don't think they need a creative ball player tbh), Ozil and Eriksen.

How many times have we been frustrated with possession play vs lesser teams? way too often for my liking. I just don't think the balance is right in midfield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #28320: Mar 01, 2017 06:03:03 pm
      Interesting...sounds like Pulisic is a pipe dream. Didn't realize we were in for Dembele

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dembele-pulisic-speak-out-turning-12675644
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28321: Mar 01, 2017 06:06:00 pm

Disappointed but dembele has all the attributes to be a superstar
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28322: Mar 01, 2017 06:11:29 pm
      Herrera and Silva comes to mind, Fabregas when he is played (I don't think they need a creative ball player tbh), Ozil and Eriksen.

How many times have we been frustrated with possession play vs lesser teams? way too often for my liking. I just don't think the balance is right in midfield.

No question. The artistry Phil, Bobby, Sadio and Lallana came up with against, say, Arsenal (or Man City last season) was not on the cards vs. Burnley, Sunderland, etc. Just daydreaming about a Silva or Ozil in our midfield...is it getting warm in here?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #28323: Mar 01, 2017 07:43:44 pm
      I don't think the Leeds player is coming here. The Fulham player might and maybe the Brazilian too. Investing in top youth players is fine, but we need to be bringing in 4-6 first choice players this summer including a central midfielder, a striker, a winger, a center back and a left back. I'd like to see Karius in goal the rest of the season to see if we need another goalkeeper as well.

Dont need to watch Karius for rest of season to know we need a keeper thats for certain
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28324: Mar 01, 2017 08:01:20 pm
      Dont need to watch Karius for rest of season to know we need a keeper thats for certain

We should spend big on Oblak and then we can start thinking about challenging for the PL and cups. I'm sick of these GK's with potential, we should not F**k about in that position and buy established.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28325: Mar 01, 2017 08:14:56 pm
      I'd honestly consider Dembele from Celtic, that lad knows whet the goal is.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #28326: Mar 01, 2017 08:32:13 pm
      I'd honestly consider Dembele from Celtic, that lad knows whet the goal is.
      We could have had him when at Fulham and Vin Dijk but the committee wanted to see if they could handle a bigger league first and pay treble what we could have paid
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28327: Mar 01, 2017 08:37:33 pm

This is depressing to read but who can blame them ??? They seen what FSG do with top talent..raise their stock and ship them out to the highest bidder so why would they come here when everybody knows that FSG have transformed Liverpool into a midtable feeder club..long gone the days when you could see Real Madrid or Barcelona getting trashed at Anfield and players flocking to take part in that..now we have to be grateful that they've raised the comercial revenue and reduced the debt.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28328: Mar 01, 2017 08:38:16 pm
      We could have had him when at Fulham and Vin Dijk but the committee wanted to see if they could handle a bigger league first and pay treble what we could have paid

It will be 40 years since we signed Kenny from Celtic in the Summer, maybe Dembele could follow in his footsteps.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #28329: Mar 01, 2017 09:34:46 pm
      Pusilic should be a priority, even more so than Brandt.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28330: Mar 01, 2017 09:42:52 pm
      Pusilic should be a priority, even more so than Brandt.

Never heard of him!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28331: Mar 01, 2017 10:31:06 pm
      I've a decent amount of RB Leipzig matches this season, and the more I watch them, the more I like two players in particular: Forsberg and Keita.

Naby Keita is a machine in midfield, does not stop running but also very good on the ball. In theory at least it makes total sense for a Jürgen Klopp team.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28332: Mar 01, 2017 11:41:52 pm
      I've a decent amount of RB Leipzig matches this season, and the more I watch them, the more I like two players in particular: Forsberg and Keita.

Naby Keita is a machine in midfield, does not stop running but also very good on the ball. In theory at least it makes total sense for a Jürgen Klopp team.

What about Werner? Been exciting the few times I've watched them has pace to burn and can finish I think he's got 13 this season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2017 04:28:07 am by Dadorious »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28333: Mar 02, 2017 01:09:06 am

He played Defensive midfield in his first season atRed Bull Salzburg and then box-box/attacking midfielder second season, both of which he had beastly stats.

Which player do you think he is most likely to replace in our first team?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28334: Mar 02, 2017 08:09:23 am
      He played Defensive midfield in his first season atRed Bull Salzburg and then box-box/attacking midfielder second season, both of which he had beastly stats.

Which player do you think he is most likely to replace in our first team?

None. We won't sign him.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28335: Mar 02, 2017 08:30:50 am

Unless we get taken over by red bull

Quick Reply