Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4198685 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28566: Mar 18, 2017 10:07:34 pm
      It's all opinions and that I guess. For me though Origi is not in the same stratosphere, Lukaku is one of the best five centre forwards in the league, along with Costa, Kane, Aguerro and Ibrhamovic. Origi wouldn't IMHO get in the top twenty.

In all honesty IMHO it's waiting for players like Origi to come good that has cost us over the years. 

Origi should be getting better because he's fighting to find time behind an established star. That would be the ideal I think.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28567: Mar 18, 2017 10:33:19 pm
      I firmly believe Origi can be the better player :) He just needs games, games and games!

No chance.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,547 posts | 3906 
      Reply #28568: Mar 18, 2017 10:48:27 pm
      It's all opinions and that I guess. For me though Origi is not in the same stratosphere, Lukaku is one of the best five centre forwards in the league, along with Costa, Kane, Aguerro and Ibrhamovic. Origi wouldn't IMHO get in the top twenty.

In all honesty IMHO it's waiting for players like Origi to come good that has cost us over the years.

Couldn't agree more. Origi can be quite good, but he's regressing for me.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28569: Mar 19, 2017 03:53:32 am
      Those wanting Hart should have a look at his performance vs inter this morning stunk the place out.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28570: Mar 19, 2017 08:31:25 am
      If and its a big IF Origi can become a more physical player then he will become world class, I would also love to see him play with a strike partner as I don't think playing up top on his own does him any favours. Bottom line is that for the immediate future we need a much better striker,
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28571: Mar 19, 2017 08:54:27 am
      Those wanting Hart should have a look at his performance vs inter this morning stunk the place out.

Same against Roma when he conceded 4 to his left and he got nowhere near them. He seems to have a HUGE problem diving to his left.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28572: Mar 19, 2017 09:17:09 am
      If and its a big IF Origi can become a more physical player then he will become world class, I would also love to see him play with a strike partner as I don't think playing up top on his own does him any favours. Bottom line is that for the immediate future we need a much better striker,

"Better than Lukaku", "can become World class"? Tell you what, we've got a right f****** player on our hands here haven't we?

Just so I don't get so excited that I'll pop, when do we think this transformation is likely to take place? Equally, thank f*** the likes of Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern aren't aware of it, he'd be stolen from us for 50 million quid before it happens in the blink of an eye.

Thankfully it appears their scouts are as clueless as me, they just think he's a big, raw kid who may or may not one day become a good player. They think he isn't anything particularly special, the silly c****  :lmao: .
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28573: Mar 19, 2017 09:19:56 am

Sorry, but there is a lot more lacking in his game than just being able to be more physical for him to become "world class".

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28574: Mar 19, 2017 10:46:26 am
      Sorry, but there is a lot more lacking in his game than just being able to be more physical for him to become "world class".

I tend to agree.

Lukaka is only a couple years older and is absolute light years ahead of Divock.

I think out man can become a very good striker but there isn't a chance he'll be mentioned among the best in Europe.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28575: Mar 19, 2017 11:21:08 am
      Manchester City moving on Liverpool target Mahmoud Dahoud as youngster rises up Pep Guardiola's list
      Jürgen Klopp has been tracking the youngster for over a year while Borussia Dortmund also retain an interest

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-moving-liverpool-target-10055593

If you don't laugh...

:lmao:

Onto targets 2, 3 and 4.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28576: Mar 19, 2017 11:24:28 am
      Liverpool keen on Kostas Manolas transfer — but face competition from Arsenal and Manchester United
      Roma defender who impressed one of Jürgen Klopp's top scouts in midweek was subject of £35m Gunners bid last summer

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-keen-kostas-manolas-transfer-10051679
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28577: Mar 19, 2017 11:26:10 am
      Liverpool are set to miss out on the signing of teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon, according to The Times.

The Reds are among a number of teams chasing the 16-year-old Fulham sensation and had hoped to sign him this summer.

But it now looks likely that Sessegnon will instead stay on and sign a new four-year deal at Craven Cottage.

Should he decide to leave, however, Liverpool would be at the front of the queue

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-ryan-10055086
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28578: Mar 19, 2017 12:15:34 pm

Doesn't matter what number targets they are mate, as long as they improve the squad (ie as a midfielder, is he better than kevin Stewart) then apparently all is good. While other teams are getting their/our number one targets, bit by bit and brick by brick we are improving all the time. By the year 2076 we'll have have caught the f****** up, you watch!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28579: Mar 19, 2017 12:17:04 pm
      Liverpool are set to miss out on the signing of teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon, according to The Times.

The Reds are among a number of teams chasing the 16-year-old Fulham sensation and had hoped to sign him this summer.

But it now looks likely that Sessegnon will instead stay on and sign a new four-year deal at Craven Cottage.

Should he decide to leave, however, Liverpool would be at the front of the queue

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-ryan-10055086

Front of the queue eh? I like the sound of that, sounds promising. As long as no cheeky bugger tries to jump said queue by offering bigger wages/bigger fee it sounds like he's as good as ours. They won't will they?

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28580: Mar 19, 2017 12:30:16 pm
      "Better than Lukaku", "can become World class"? Tell you what, we've got a right f****** player on our hands here haven't we?
      Not half Mick.

I don't know why but this clip came flooding into my napper just now... 😆

https://youtu.be/OXypyrutq_M
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28581: Mar 19, 2017 12:48:04 pm
      Jesus wept.

So people are now slagging off our own players, in particular one who Klopp rates very highly, and wanted to sign for Dortmund, in favour of a fecking blue who plays for the same national team, to try and make some spurious point about what they think will happen this summer.

This is beyond ridiculous now.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28582: Mar 19, 2017 01:00:46 pm
      Jesus wept.

So people are now slagging off our own players, in particular one who Klopp rates very highly, and wanted to sign for Dortmund, in favour of a fecking blue who plays for the same national team, to try and make some spurious point about what they think will happen this summer.

This is beyond ridiculous now.

I'm not sure anyone is "slagging off" Divok, just trying to keep things in perspective and answer a couple of people who think he's going to become "World class". They are of course 100% entitled to their opinion and to voice it (who knows, they may even be right) but given it's a forum, those of us who think it is unlikely have the right to say so and it's just as well we do, otherwise everyone would agree with each other and it'd be even more pointless than it actually all is wouldn't it?   8)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28583: Mar 19, 2017 01:23:13 pm
      I'm not sure anyone is "slagging off" Divok, just trying to keep things in perspective and answer a couple of people who think he's going to become "World class". They are of course 100% entitled to their opinion and to voice it (who knows, they may even be right) but given it's a forum, those of us who think it is unlikely have the right to say so and it's just as well we do, otherwise everyone would agree with each other and it'd be even more pointless than it actually all is wouldn't it?   8)

You might not "be sure" 'Mick, but it looks very like that to me.

Here's a thought; why not get behind the lads, and big them up for a change?
      Because our players are far, far better than some on here seem to think.
      Then again, that view doesn't get the plus whores many pluses.

IMO Origi has all the tools he needs to be a cracking player, and Klopp shares that view, having wanted to buy him for Dortmund.

But if people are prepared to write off a 21 year old, who is highly rated by the manager they say they trust, then that's their choice, or big up a fella who plays for our rivals, that's their choice as well.
      Just as it's my choice to find the whole saga beyond ridiculous.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28584: Mar 19, 2017 02:19:42 pm
      It's all too easy to ridicule an opinion that is based on a prediction because the current state of affairs will always back those trying to mock.

Personally I think there are a couple of things at play here, the frustration with Jürgen's transfer policy producing a backlash on a young lad trying to develop. I see a lot of raw talent in Divock's game, could see it when he played for Belgium ahead of Lukaku not that long ago.

He has:

Blistering pace.
      Strong physique.
      Exceptionally powerful shot.
      Good stamina.
      Great work ethic by all reports.

Weaknesses:

Takes too many touches before getting in a position to shoot.
      Doesn't use his physique to get the advantages it clearly could.
      Doesn't make smart movement patterns when off the ball.
      Doesn't compete for headers well enough.
      Dribbling requires an over elaborate set of touches for a lad with his physical attributes.

Who would you compare him to, now before people laugh, this is in pure physical terms rather than ability: Aubameyang / Ronaldo

Are the weaknesses relatively easily coached? Yes.

So when PM suggests he can become world class I don't doubt it but personally I would have liked to seen a much higher curve to his progression. From the player that joined us to the player we have now I don't see a large enough stride in development to think that, any time soon, we're going to be seeing the potential realised.

The one person I trust more than any of us to make that judgement call is in the right position, the question will always be though did Jürgen choose to take a chance on Divock because he didn't have the funds to take less of a chance on someone else and unfortunately I think this is where a divide will always exist.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28585: Mar 19, 2017 02:31:15 pm
      So when PM suggests he can become world class I don't doubt it

I  may have said it back in 2014 that Origi has potential to be world classs, but since he has joined us and taking closer look, I am unsure and take back what I said :p However, what I have seen is that he has just as much potential as Lukaku when he was the same age and could be as good, if not better than Lukaku in the future.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28586: Mar 19, 2017 02:43:40 pm
      It's all too easy to ridicule an opinion that is based on a prediction because the current state of affairs will always back those trying to mock.

Personally I think there are a couple of things at play here, the frustration with Jürgen's transfer policy producing a backlash on a young lad trying to develop. I see a lot of raw talent in Divock's game, could see it when he played for Belgium ahead of Lukaku not that long ago.

He has:

Blistering pace.
      Strong physique.
      Exceptionally powerful shot.
      Good stamina.
      Great work ethic by all reports.

Weaknesses:

Takes too many touches before getting in a position to shoot.
      Doesn't use his physique to get the advantages it clearly could.
      Doesn't make smart movement patterns when off the ball.
      Doesn't compete for headers well enough.
      Dribbling requires an over elaborate set of touches for a lad with his physical attributes.

Who would you compare him to, now before people laugh, this is in pure physical terms rather than ability: Aubameyang / Ronaldo

Are the weaknesses relatively easily coached? Yes.

So when PM suggests he can become world class I don't doubt it but personally I would have liked to seen a much higher curve to his progression. From the player that joined us to the player we have now I don't see a large enough stride in development to think that, any time soon, we're going to be seeing the potential realised.

The one person I trust more than any of us to make that judgement call is in the right position, the question will always be though did Jürgen choose to take a chance on Divock because he didn't have the funds to take less of a chance on someone else and unfortunately I think this is where a divide will always exist.

That's a pretty fair assessment imo, but with the proviso that his on field progression perhaps hasn't been what some expect.
      The problem is we simply have no idea where his development is with Klopp, in training, in the gym etc and at his age, I think this counts for a lot more.
      I remember when he gave an interview about Klopp, and had been told to get back to basics and work on one element at a time in his personal training, which I think is why it looks like he's stalled a bit.
      IMO his movement and hold up play have become better. Not by a huge amount, but definitely better.

The problem, as ever with young players, is that he is doing all this when he hasn't reached his full growth yet, and still has some filling out to do, but for some reason some seem to expect the finished article at age 21.

If those who state they trust Klopp actually do trust him, then he has to be given time to coach this lad into what we all hope he could be, and imo if anyone can develop him into a beast of a player, it's Klopp.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28587: Mar 19, 2017 03:21:17 pm

Just so I don't get so excited that I'll pop, when do we think this transformation is likely to take place? Equally, thank f*** the likes of Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern aren't aware of it, he'd be stolen from us for 50 million quid before it happens in the blink of an eye.

Thankfully it appears their scouts are as clueless as me, they just think he's a big, raw kid who may or may not one day become a good player. They think he isn't anything particularly special, the silly c****  :lmao: .

Yeah I reckon even better than Benteke! Remind me how well he's doing at Palace BigMick now that he's playing for a team that recognises the talents in the same way as you and you alone did when he was with us!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #28588: Mar 19, 2017 03:22:17 pm
      Same against Roma when he conceded 4 to his left and he got nowhere near them. He seems to have a HUGE problem diving to his left.

Couldn't help myself!

Quick Reply