Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199863 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28957: Apr 20, 2017 02:29:12 am
      You think we need 10 players adding to this squad to make us title winners?

There is a point where so much change is disruptive and I think 10 players is nuts when we have an excellent team spirit and morale in the squad, only 10 points or so off from winning the league this year, that amount of change I think would be too much.

Personally I think LB would be good, 1 Midfielder and 1 CB then improve the bench options from there. Considering bringing in those 3 already pushes Milner to the bench, one of either Lovren or Klavan to the bench and also possibly Gini then we're already looking far better.

I'd like a goalkeeper too but the vibes don't seem to strong right now, but beyond that I don't think we need huge amounts, just the right players. Finally if Sturridge is to leave, which seems almost certain then moving for either a starter to change to a 4231 or pure quality off the bench should push us very close. For instance:

Firmino
         Coutinho         Mane
                 Keita  Lallana
                       Can
      Guerreiro VVD Matip TAA
                  (Your choice)

Bench: GK, Milner, Clyne, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Origi, (Top quality attacker of your choice)

That's 5 changes, to me that has us looking like title winners, perhaps a winger too but then we really are looking fully stocked to me.

Might swap Henderson out for Can and I'd also like to see a true striker, but I think Klopp is all in with Firmino.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #28958: Apr 20, 2017 04:16:49 am
      As much as I like Firmino, I don't think he has the killer instincts of a striker. We need to bring in a top striker in the same category as Aubameyang, Griezmann, and Costa in order to challenge for the title. That's how you can beat the bus parkers comfortably and consistently.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28959: Apr 20, 2017 08:09:29 am
      Numbers? F**k only knows.

After all Jürgen initially thought that there wouldn't be as many as the seven he brought in.

I have been rattling on for years about this but... the truth is four or five 'ready-made' starters automatically strengthen the bench.

Starters [bonifide] tend to cost most so, two predictions: 1) Jürgen will spend big money and 2) Jürgen will continue to lean towards experience, just like last summer (contradicting what the experts told us they 'knew' about him). 😄

I know it used to be a big no no [under previous managers obviously] but hell... he might even spend most on 'premier league proven', just like he did last summer. 😉

I genuinely can't wait. 😎
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017 08:23:04 am by bad boy bubby »
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #28960: Apr 20, 2017 09:32:04 am
      A top quality winger who can play left or right would be my choice along with keeping Markovic as back up. A top quality CB to play alongside Matip. A striker to replace Sturridge. The midfield is a difficult one because I'd like to see what Grujic has to offer.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28961: Apr 20, 2017 11:18:57 am
      Jürgen puts all that bollocks to bed then this morning ......

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/39032309

"We always think about the squad and goalkeepers.
      Is it [this question] about Joe Hart?
      In this specific case we can talk about it.
      He's a fanatstic goalkeeper.
      The highest quality, but we have the highest quality goalkeepers.

It's not for us nor in the future.
      We have these two strong keepers."

OK Boss.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28962: Apr 20, 2017 11:22:55 am
      As much as I like Firmino, I don't think he has the killer instincts of a striker. We need to bring in a top striker in the same category as Aubameyang, Griezmann, and Costa in order to challenge for the title. That's how you can beat the bus parkers comfortably and consistently.

Yes We do. We need a 20 a season man.
      Indeed we need more than one of them .... as well as goals coming from across the pitch.

Don't agree with the Firmino description. Especially when he has been floating and sometimes playing the 10 role.

His assist ratio is something else.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28963: Apr 20, 2017 11:40:49 am
      The funny thing about all this with Firmino is that he's played as a striker for only half of the games he's played in this season. 19 as a striker [6 goals & 8 assists], 12 on the left [4 goals], 5 on the right [1 goal & 2 assists] and 1 as the 10 [1 goal].

We definitely need a striker but let's not discredit the work that Firmino has done in that position this season. His pressing from the front and his creativity have given us numerous other opportunities to score too.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28964: Apr 20, 2017 11:48:33 am
      You think we need 10 players adding to this squad to make us title winners?

There is a point where so much change is disruptive and I think 10 players is nuts when we have an excellent team spirit and morale in the squad, only 10 points or so off from winning the league this year, that amount of change I think would be too much.

Personally I think LB would be good, 1 Midfielder and 1 CB then improve the bench options from there. Considering bringing in those 3 already pushes Milner to the bench, one of either Lovren or Klavan to the bench and also possibly Gini then we're already looking far better.

I'd like a goalkeeper too but the vibes don't seem to strong right now, but beyond that I don't think we need huge amounts, just the right players. Finally if Sturridge is to leave, which seems almost certain then moving for either a starter to change to a 4231 or pure quality off the bench should push us very close. For instance:

Firmino
         Coutinho         Mane
                 Keita  Lallana
                       Can
      Guerreiro VVD Matip TAA
                  (Your choice)

Bench: GK, Milner, Clyne, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Origi, (Top quality attacker of your choice)

That's 5 changes, to me that has us looking like title winners, perhaps a winger too but then we really are looking fully stocked to me.

Ten players wouldn't be ten starters. I said five first eleven. Two Center backs need to be replaced no matter what because they're both injury prone. Firmino doesn't score near enough goals and we're too reliant on Mane for them, therefore we need a striker with goals in him. A sixteen year old playing understudy to Milner is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. So we need a left back. That is a minimum of four first team players needed. The goalkeeper is one open to debate but personally I want him gone. He's proven season after season to be a liability and is the worst keeper in the top six (Bravo is at least good with his feet). So five would be the sweet spot.

This season has proven a lack of depth of quality in the squad so why would you possibly object to increasing that depth of quality? We're losing anywhere up to three players - Sturridge, Lucas and Moreno - so we'd be three down on last year who need to be replaced. Do you want to be relying on the kids again when we pick up injuries? Do you really want to see Danny Ings in a front three with a sixteen year old coming in to replace an out of puff Milner? Do you seriously think we'd win the league like that?

There are no guarantees on winning the league but we've a better chance of doing it if we have strength of depth throughout and the only way to provide that is bring in players. Unless you're happy to see us be an alsoran for another year? If we want to compete across four competitions we're going to need a big squad.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #28965: Apr 20, 2017 02:04:49 pm

OK Boss.

Clearly the Joe Hart rumors were leaked out to spur a negative reaction in the fanbase, just so we would be satisfied when Jürgen finally came out and said it's all bollocks  :roll:
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #28966: Apr 20, 2017 02:54:48 pm
      Clearly the Joe Hart rumors were leaked out to spur a negative reaction in the fanbase, just so we would be satisfied when Jürgen finally came out and said it's all bollocks  :roll:

The PR stunts have gotten very creative lately!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28967: Apr 20, 2017 03:11:43 pm
      Aye, and the same people banging on about "PR stunts" were pissing and moaning when the club didn't release statements every 5 minutes.

Well, you can't have it both ways folks.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28968: Apr 20, 2017 03:35:04 pm
      Talk of Douglas Costa wanting to leave Bayern with Spurs interested in him and a 30-40m valuation. Imagine him and Mane on either side :o
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28969: Apr 20, 2017 04:21:00 pm
      Talk of Douglas Costa wanting to leave Bayern with Spurs interested in him and a 30-40m valuation. Imagine him and Mane on either side :o

Yes please.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28970: Apr 20, 2017 04:57:13 pm
      Ten players wouldn't be ten starters. I said five first eleven. Two Center backs need to be replaced no matter what because they're both injury prone. Firmino doesn't score near enough goals and we're too reliant on Mane for them, therefore we need a striker with goals in him. A sixteen year old playing understudy to Milner is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. So we need a left back. That is a minimum of four first team players needed. The goalkeeper is one open to debate but personally I want him gone. He's proven season after season to be a liability and is the worst keeper in the top six (Bravo is at least good with his feet). So five would be the sweet spot.

This season has proven a lack of depth of quality in the squad so why would you possibly object to increasing that depth of quality? We're losing anywhere up to three players - Sturridge, Lucas and Moreno - so we'd be three down on last year who need to be replaced. Do you want to be relying on the kids again when we pick up injuries? Do you really want to see Danny Ings in a front three with a sixteen year old coming in to replace an out of puff Milner? Do you seriously think we'd win the league like that?

There are no guarantees on winning the league but we've a better chance of doing it if we have strength of depth throughout and the only way to provide that is bring in players. Unless you're happy to see us be an alsoran for another year? If we want to compete across four competitions we're going to need a big squad.

To me, if we're worried about a player being injury prone, then we HAVE TO sign a new midfielder. I love Hendo, but we need another first-choice player there, especially with having 10-18 more matches next season. Plus have you seen Keita?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28971: Apr 20, 2017 05:17:43 pm

OK Boss.

He also mentioned danny ward
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28972: Apr 20, 2017 05:31:09 pm

Ward should be nowhere near our starting 11.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28973: Apr 20, 2017 07:56:33 pm
      To me, if we're worried about a player being injury prone, then we HAVE TO sign a new midfielder. I love Hendo, but we need another first-choice player there, especially with having 10-18 more matches next season.
      Plus have you seen Keita?

Hendo is out for the rest of the season.

He is injury prone and I know he has his fans ....  but I've never been really one one of them.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #28974: Apr 20, 2017 08:02:00 pm

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  I'm sure he'd like getting to play with Coutinho and Firmino as well. 

I've also seen Arda Turan thrown around as a potential Arsenal target.  Personally I think he could be a great player to rotate with Lallana and Wijnaldum.  Isn't he a Liverpool fan too? 
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #28975: Apr 21, 2017 07:59:41 am
      Not seen Keita in action but this article does seem very promising indeed.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/naby-keita-liverpool-transfer-target-12898975
      trezeguet
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #28976: Apr 21, 2017 08:11:22 am
      Hi all, newbie here.

Nelioneil - LFC are the shortest and the most lightweight team in the league and Klopp doesnt like that fact. He wont be signing shortass Keita. Good player mind.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28977: Apr 21, 2017 08:52:41 am
      Hi all, newbie here.

Nelioneil - LFC are the shortest and the most lightweight team in the league and Klopp doesnt like that fact. He wont be signing shortass Keita. Good player mind.

Not sure I follow that logic.

Got any evidence to back up this "shortest and most lightweight team" claim?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #28978: Apr 21, 2017 09:01:44 am
      Not sure I follow that logic.

Got any evidence to back up this "shortest and most lightweight team" claim?

Have a look here ;

https://public.tableau.com/views/Heightvsweight/Heightvsweight?:embed=y&:loadOrderID=0&:display_count=yes&:showVizHome=no
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28979: Apr 21, 2017 11:01:36 am
      According to reports RM have rejected a €50m bid from LFC for midfielder Marco Asensio:

http://en.as.com/en/2017/04/20/football/1492682889_285514.html
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017 11:07:15 am by stuey »

Quick Reply