Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178980 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28980: Apr 21, 2017 11:08:46 am
      According to reports RM have rejected a €50m bid from LFC for midfielder Marco Asensio from:

http://en.as.com/en/2017/04/20/football/1492682889_285514.html

They'd be stupid to sell him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #28981: Apr 21, 2017 11:10:10 am
      They'd be stupid to sell him.

Looks as though they agree with you.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28982: Apr 21, 2017 11:23:33 am

Fair enough but I still wouldn't refuse to sign a player like Keita because he lacks size or height.

It's interesting that 3 of the top 6 are at the bottom of that chart along with last year's league winners.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28983: Apr 21, 2017 11:50:10 am
      Fair enough but I still wouldn't refuse to sign a player like Keita because he lacks size or height.

It's interesting that 3 of the top 6 are at the bottom of that chart along with last year's league winners.

I agree I think Keita would be a great player under Klopp and we have the likes of Hendo, Can and Grujic for the extra height.

State of Watford massive fat bas**rds  :D

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #28984: Apr 21, 2017 12:00:28 pm
      Hi all, newbie here.

Nelioneil - LFC are the shortest and the most lightweight team in the league and Klopp doesnt like that fact. He wont be signing shortass Keita. Good player mind.

Yea because Kante the best midfielder in the PL is such a towering collosus. :roll:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28985: Apr 21, 2017 12:11:00 pm
      I agree I think Keita would be a great player under Klopp and we have the likes of Hendo, Can and Grujic for the extra height.

State of Watford massive fat bas**rds  :D

You only have to look at the example their captain is setting. Deeney is one fat f**ker for a football player :D.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28986: Apr 21, 2017 02:46:57 pm

Nelioneil - LFC are the shortest and the most lightweight team in the league and Klopp doesnt like that fact. He wont be signing shortass

Maybe so, but I will counter you with this:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10842802/manchester-united-bottom-of-premier-league-for-distance-covered

:)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28987: Apr 21, 2017 03:06:18 pm
      Yep the old Sky Sources again, but seems that Sakho will deffo be a gonna in the summer

Mamadou Sakho has no future at Liverpool - Sky sources

Sky sources understand there will be no way back for Mamadou Sakho at Liverpool, despite the news he should not have served a drugs ban.

Liverpool have so far declined to comment, but we understand they are looking at their options with regard to seeking compensation, given Sakho was unavailable for eight games at the end of last season, including the Europa League final.

However, Sky sources understand there will be no reprieve for Sakho in terms of his Liverpool career and the intention is to move him on in the summer.

Liverpool value the defender at £30m and given the level of club currently tracking him, they will be hopeful of getting that.

Seville were prepared to pay £20m for him in January and at that point he had not played a game this season.

He has since moved to Crystal Palace on loan and has helped them ease away form the relegation zone under Sam Allardyce, helping them win five games out of the seven games in which he has featured.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10845266/mamadou-sakho-has-no-future-at-liverpool-sky-sources

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28988: Apr 21, 2017 03:22:38 pm
      Yep the old Sky Sources again, but seems that Sakho will deffo be a gonna in the summer

Mamadou Sakho has no future at Liverpool - Sky sources

Sky sources understand there will be no way back for Mamadou Sakho at Liverpool, despite the news he should not have served a drugs ban.

Liverpool have so far declined to comment, but we understand they are looking at their options with regard to seeking compensation, given Sakho was unavailable for eight games at the end of last season, including the Europa League final.

However, Sky sources understand there will be no reprieve for Sakho in terms of his Liverpool career and the intention is to move him on in the summer.

Liverpool value the defender at £30m and given the level of club currently tracking him, they will be hopeful of getting that.

Seville were prepared to pay £20m for him in January and at that point he had not played a game this season.

He has since moved to Crystal Palace on loan and has helped them ease away form the relegation zone under Sam Allardyce, helping them win five games out of the seven games in which he has featured.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10845266/mamadou-sakho-has-no-future-at-liverpool-sky-sources

30m, ;D. If VVD is 50m, Sakho is at least 50m too :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28989: Apr 21, 2017 04:05:33 pm
      Hendo is out for the rest of the season.

He is injury prone and I know he has his fans ....  but I've never been really one one of them.

Is that official? Not surprising but I haven't seen it confirmed.

I'm a fan when he's healthy, but that's not often nearly enough the past two seasons.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28990: Apr 21, 2017 04:08:33 pm

Good description. He's tough as nails but he isn't just a pure windshield-wiper or destroyer type as he has good feet and likes to get forward. Rarely gives the ball away as well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28991: Apr 21, 2017 04:14:48 pm
      Some of these articles are reminding me that I need TO TRY and, after our final match this season, set an alarm on my phone for the first match of the preseason and avoid any looking at any news related to LFC in between. Last close season almost drove me mad. I just need to ignore all the hype and "wake up" next season and see who we've actually brought in.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28992: Apr 21, 2017 05:58:46 pm
      Good description. He's tough as nails but he isn't just a pure windshield-wiper or destroyer type as he has good feet and likes to get forward. Rarely gives the ball away as well.

Yep, a player that can play AMC, DM or CM comfortably.
      trezeguet
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #28993: Apr 21, 2017 06:50:20 pm
      Yea because Kante the best midfielder in the PL is such a towering collosus. :roll:

Agreed, there is so many ways to built a team, its so complex that there isnt simple answer how to do it.

But Id highly reccomend that Tomkinks article posted above regarding strenght and height. Its rather fascinating reading and it does answer a lot of questions re our struggles against big physicall sides. Huge cup of coffee needed tho, its a massive article! Thanks for sharing HScRed1.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #28994: Apr 21, 2017 08:32:02 pm
      If anyone is still considering Hart, watch this...

https://twitter.com/Marottanomics/status/853335201543356416
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28995: Apr 21, 2017 08:51:12 pm

Somebody should send that to Carra and watch him come up with every excuse under the sun to defend those mistakes while he slaughters Migs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #28996: Apr 21, 2017 08:55:06 pm
      Somebody should send that to Carra and watch him come up with every excuse under the sun to defend those mistakes while he slaughters Migs.

He's shocking, or drunk.

Some of those errors are like WTF. Once in a season maybe, but come on.

Thanks, but no thanks.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28997: Apr 21, 2017 09:10:43 pm
      He's shocking, or drunk.

Some of those errors are like WTF. Once in a season maybe, but come on.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Shout out for the Benny Hill music...brings me back to my formative years sneaking the TV at midnight to catch a glimpse.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28998: Apr 21, 2017 10:42:33 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28999: Apr 21, 2017 11:10:33 pm

Don't even know him, don't remember him playing against us and honestly can't say I can even remember a single moment of him in a match. With that in mind anyone fancy casting an opinion on how good he is?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/115726/Show/Andrew-Robertson

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29000: Apr 21, 2017 11:15:17 pm
      I'm not a fan of him. All I can think of when Robertson enters my mind is that daft Moreno-esque challenge he made to give away a penalty late on against Man City when it looked like they were going to get a point.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29001: Apr 21, 2017 11:41:51 pm

Lies.

Don't even know him, don't remember him playing against us and honestly can't say I can even remember a single moment of him in a match. With that in mind anyone fancy casting an opinion on how good he is?

From what I have seen of him he looks decent enough for squad depth IMO and probably best of a bad bunch at Hull but think we can do much better. Would like us to see us go all out for Ricardo Rodriguez personally.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #29002: Apr 21, 2017 11:46:37 pm

He's not too bad but if we're heading in to the CL next season with this caliber of player we're fu**ed.

Quick Reply