Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180357 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29003: Apr 22, 2017 12:04:49 am
      Cheers lads, doesn't sound the most exciting link then.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29004: Apr 22, 2017 12:08:15 am
      Cheers lads, doesn't sound the most exciting link then.

If we were to be looking at anyone from around that sort of team and for that sort of price then think Brady would be the one to go for, actually quite rate him and think he could become a cracking player with a move to the right team.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29005: Apr 22, 2017 12:44:25 am
      Would like us to see us go all out for Ricardo Rodriguez personally.

I would be very happy going into a season with a Rodriguez and Clyne with TAA and Milner as backups.

As for Robertson, I don't know, maybe it would we would be better off buying a more established and better quality left back. I just remember how sh*t he was vs us/Mane ;D as well as another game (City I think, can't remember).
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29006: Apr 22, 2017 01:40:18 am
      I would be very happy going into a season with a Rodriguez and Clyne with TAA and Milner as backups.

As for Robertson, I don't know, maybe it would we would be better off buying a more established and better quality left back. I just remember how sh*t he was vs us/Mane ;D as well as another game (City I think, can't remember).

I don't see how our defence improves all that much by spending money on another average left back. We obviously still haven't learnt our lesson.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #29007: Apr 22, 2017 10:45:42 am
      Echo throwing around a lot of names we have serious interest in :

Striker - Lacazette / Luan Vieira
      Winger - Julian Brandt / Max Meyer
      CM 1 - Naby Keita / Leon Goretzka
      CM 2 - Oxlade Chamberlain (at the right price)
      CB - van Dijk / Koulibaly
      LB - Robertson and Sessognon

Gosh! If we are able to pull that off, it would be f**king incredible!!
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29008: Apr 22, 2017 10:55:28 am
      Echo throwing around a lot of names we have serious interest in :

Striker - Lacazette
      Winger - Brandt
      CM 1 - Naby Keita
      CM 2 - Oxlade Chamberlain (at the right price)
      CB - van Dijk / Koulibaly
      LB - Robertson and Sessognon

Gosh! If we are able to pull that off, it would be f**king incredible!!

I have to say that's i would be very underwhelmed if we broke our transfer record on that list - reason being it is a typical list from us of players who are not at the top level, have hardly set the world alight,  are not significantly better that what we have already and will have to come in and show a lot more than in terms of consistency and ability than they have done previously.

I like the idea of maybe one or two of them (lacazette and Brandt) alongside some proven talent rather than more mid table superstars who play for clubs that are under not much pressure to perform week in week out.

So many players have come here from them teams in recent (last 20) years and not been able to handle being in the spotlight and having to raise there game.

We need to be ruthless and fix up.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29009: Apr 22, 2017 11:44:59 am
      I have to say that's i would be very underwhelmed if we broke our transfer record on that list - reason being it is a typical list from us of players who are not at the top level, have hardly set the world alight,  are not significantly better that what we have already and will have to come in and show a lot more than in terms of consistency and ability than they have done previously.

I like the idea of maybe one or two of them (lacazette and Brandt) alongside some proven talent rather than more mid table superstars who play for clubs that are under not much pressure to perform week in week out.

So many players have come here from them teams in recent (last 20) years and not been able to handle being in the spotlight and having to raise there game.

You talk so much of these proven talents that we should buy but failed to name one that would realistically come to Liverpool since I've asked you almost a month ago.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #29010: Apr 22, 2017 12:04:45 pm
      Lies.

From what I have seen of him he looks decent enough for squad depth IMO and probably best of a bad bunch at Hull but think we can do much better. Would like us to see us go all out for Ricardo Rodriguez personally.
      That's the thing.... We will be linked with some great players  between now and the summer, but it is not about who we are linked with, It is about who we ultimately get this summer, unfortunately I believe the media has this one about right as regards to the type of player we will sign  >:(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29011: Apr 22, 2017 12:32:30 pm

I'll happily take Lacazette, Van Dijk, Brandt, Keita & possibly Sessegnon. What we're not going to do is go out and buy the likes of Griezmann etc.

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29012: Apr 22, 2017 12:49:03 pm
      You talk so much of these proven talents that we should buy but failed to name one that would realistically come to Liverpool since I've asked you almost a month ago.

how nice - a personal stalker  :lmao:

We should be going for Sanchez in terms of proven quality. He would suit our style, is in the final 12 months and is a winner. money talks.
      in terms of up and coming and with potential too - Mbappe, Puilisic are players that are young and have room to improve yet are also doing it right now.

we will always (or most of the time) have competition against other big teams to sign the top players - but this is no reason not to go for them.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #29013: Apr 22, 2017 01:29:12 pm

We should be going for Sanchez in terms of proven quality. He would suit our style, is in the final 12 months and is a winner. money talks.
      in terms of up and coming and with potential too - Mbappe, Puilisic are players that are young and have room to improve yet are also doing it right now.

we will always (or most of the time) have competition against other big teams to sign the top players - but this is no reason not to go for them.

So, lets say we go after Sanchez AGAIN and he prefers Chelsea cos of the London life AGAIN, and then we go sign Lacazette - that makes you happy cos we showed ambition?! I'm probably guessing you werent very happy when we signed Mane for 30+ mil

Sometimes, its not the name, its about how they are coached. Pogba was a name, Mkhitaryan was a name.. they havent hit the ground running either. If Jürgen has a player in his mind, thats probably cos those players would fit into his style. Look at the turnaround that Lallana, Lovren, Hendo and Firmino have had.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29014: Apr 22, 2017 01:49:21 pm

Mbappé looks phenomenal. Absurdly good for a feckin' 18 year old.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29015: Apr 22, 2017 02:00:15 pm
      I'll happily take Lacazette, Van Dijk, Brandt, Keita & possibly Sessegnon. What we're not going to do is go out and buy the likes of Griezmann etc.

That's just sickening. Surely that is 4 first team players right there with a possible 5th in Sessegnon :o I can see us challenging for CL AND PL if we get 3-4 first team players in.

One name I want to throw in, Felipe Anderson, anyone heard of him? Supposedly a beast of a wide player. I was wondering too, Willian? If Chelsea do get Sanchez, and with Willian playing a bit part this season... who knows? :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29016: Apr 22, 2017 02:03:52 pm
      That's just sickening. Surely that is 4 first team players right there with a possible 5th in Sessegnon :o I can see us challenging for CL AND PL if we get 3-4 first team players in.

One name I want to throw in, Felipe Anderson, anyone heard of him? Supposedly a beast of a wide player. I was wondering too, Willian? If Chelsea do get Sanchez, and with Willian playing a bit part this season... who knows? :D

Felipe Anderson is good but far too inconsistent,  not as good as mane, don't rate willian that highly,  good at free kickd but runs like he has sh*t himself
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29017: Apr 22, 2017 02:30:16 pm

Already turned down twice by Pulisic.. the same with Sanchez and Mbappe can have his pick from any team in Europe plus FSG won't break the world transfer fee record for a player..it's all good talking like you live in a FM world but real world doesn't work like that.
      Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #29018: Apr 22, 2017 09:21:59 pm
      Nathan Aké anyone? Know he's with the Chavs, but tackles well, easy on the ball, scores and quick wiv it. 22 too. They won't let him go, but think he's got it all. How much much would he be worth, to us?
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017 09:31:17 pm by Shanks Red Pony »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29019: Apr 23, 2017 08:28:25 am
      .it's all good talking like you live in a FM world but real world doesn't work like that.
      Fair enough mate so what should he do: just accept his lot and stop dreaming?

And what if we can't attract the players you want... do you just accept mediocrity... No... Wait... 🤔

Love the username btw 👌

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29020: Apr 23, 2017 08:43:24 am

And what if we can't attract the players you want... do you just accept mediocrity... No... Wait... 🤔

Love the username btw 👌

😊
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29021: Apr 23, 2017 09:29:03 am

I think that list of players will definitely improve our depth depending on who or how many get sold

IN: Van Dijk, Sessegnon, Keita, Brandt & Lacazette
      OUT: Klavan, Moreno, Lucas, Stewart, Sturridge

Mignolet

Clyne   Van Dijk   Matip   Sessegnon

Can

Lallana   Keita

Mane   Firmino   Coutinho

Karius

TAA   Lovren   Gomez   Milner

Hendo

Grujic   Wijnaldum

Wilson   Lacazette   Brandt

Rest of squad: Ejaria, Ojo, Woodburn, Origi & Ings

Those 11's are just quickly put together with no thought really into who makes the first 11.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #29022: Apr 23, 2017 09:48:40 am

Would be nice but I don't see our net spend being anywhere near that sadly.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29023: Apr 23, 2017 09:56:31 am
      Would be nice but I don't see our net spend being anywhere near that sadly.

My genuine prediction is that we sign NONE of those players I mentioned :D.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29024: Apr 23, 2017 11:45:48 am

Love the username btw 👌

Dreaming is cool but you eventually have to wake up.. big stars and proven talent won't come here just because you dream about them.
      And I didn't say anything about accepting mediocrity..I was just pointing out the fact that he wants Liverpool to sign proven stars but fails to mention one name that would come here.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29025: Apr 23, 2017 01:07:35 pm
      I think that list of players will definitely improve our depth depending on who or how many get sold

Mignolet

Clyne   Van Dijk   Matip   Sessegnon

Can

Lallana   Keita

Mane   Firmino   Coutinho

Karius

TAA   Lovren   Gomez   Milner

Hendo

Grujic   Wijnaldum

Wilson   Lacazette   Brandt

Rest of squad: Ejaria, Ojo, Woodburn, Origi & Ings

Those 11's are just quickly put together with no thought really into who makes the first 11.

I personally wouldn't get rid of Lucas or Klavan. Both good cover to have.

Quick Reply