Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216485 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29348: May 16, 2017 01:50:15 pm
      Jürgen Klopp: "In moments when somebody is not happy with whatever and you ask here - your player or his player? It's always my player. I can't blame anyone for anything. I can take the pressure."

I don't really care whether it's Klopp's player or not. What I want is very, very simple. FSG to lay down a marker and show some real ambition in the transfer market for the first time since they took ownership. Is that too much to ask? Buying from relegated sides is not showing ambition by any stretch of the imagination. Buying from Champions League rivals is.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29349: May 16, 2017 04:12:49 pm
      https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/863739587591647232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportbible.com%2Ffootball%2Fnews-juventus-close-to-signing-bayern-munich-star-in-summer-move-20170514

They're willing to let him leave for 25m and Juventus are favorites to land him..unfortunately no links to Liverpool..Edwards is probably busy scouting Traore from Boro :D
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2017 04:28:38 pm by fckmediocrity »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29350: May 16, 2017 04:16:06 pm
      Give them 30m and be done with it. When players like this are available you have to do everything you possibly can to sign them.

Some sources (not sure how reliable) are saying as you mentioned that Juve are close to signing him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29351: May 16, 2017 04:24:29 pm
      Give them 30m and be done with it. When players like this are available you have to do everything you possibly can to sign them.

Exactly, how often does exceptional players become available at 25-35m ? It just doesn't make sense if we don't go for him, especially when we are in desperate need of a quick wide player.

I think we will have the slight adv if we get into CL. Klopp having good ties with Bayern (being German of course), couple of ex Bayern staffs and our Brazilians.

Make it happen ffs, 30-35m and 120-150k p/w (he's on 85k p/w atm)! Not too difficult, right?
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2017 04:29:18 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #29352: May 16, 2017 04:34:26 pm

Irrelevant us giving a few extra million as currently we are not an attractive proposition when compared to Juventus.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017 07:13:35 pm by HScRed1 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      Reply #29353: May 16, 2017 04:37:00 pm
      I don't really care whether it's Klopp's player or not. What I want is very, very simple. FSG to lay down a marker and show some real ambition in the transfer market for the first time since they took ownership. Is that too much to ask? Buying from relegated sides is not showing ambition by any stretch of the imagination. Buying from Champions League rivals is.

So take it up with Jürgen, he's made it clear that the transfer decisions are his. FSG isn't choosing players. Jürgen is.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29354: May 17, 2017 01:42:24 pm
      Jürgen Klopp: "In moments when somebody is not happy with whatever and you ask here - your player or his player? It's always my player. I can't blame anyone for anything. I can take the pressure."
      Fair enough mate but do you not think that, maybe, sometimes, what the big fella says gets 'lost in translation'. That, sometimes, this leads to 'confusion'?

That, even if we adopt the default position  of - "Jürgen being in full control of transfer decisions": some things test that 'logic'?

Take Robertson, [if he signs] is he really the best we could attract in a 'money is no object' enviroment and if so, why couldn't we lure him in January, when 'no one was available to improve the team'?

Surely if he was "in total control" AND we had the money... Robertson would already be a Red.

Or this? Jürgen said:

"We can go for the players we want to go for. Can we go for a player Manchester United want to go for? If United make an offer, if Chelsea make an offer, does it make sense to jump in?...

So is it then about money or is it that players think: ‘Manchester is a nicer city or I want to live in London instead of Liverpool?"

Is he saying [in a 'money is no object environment] that we, shouldn't compete or that even then we still can't compete?

Jürgen - "We have to make a decision, and if then the club comes to me and says: ‘That is too expensive’, I have to accept it. But that didn’t happen until now and I don’t expect it to happen."

So does he mean that he expects to have the final say but he may not or something else?... 'lost in translation'?

The money men not saying no to big fees or wages? Time to throw out the aul cliche... "this summer will be the defining window."

I can't wait. 😎

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #29355: May 17, 2017 02:02:23 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lyon-ready-sell-rumoured-liverpool-13044136

£35mil is peanuts these days! But having known us, we'll open with a bid of £23mil with £5mil add-ons! (if we are actually in for him, that is)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      Reply #29356: May 17, 2017 02:11:03 pm
      Fair enough mate but do you not think that, maybe, sometimes, what the big fella says gets 'lost in translation'. That, sometimes, this leads to 'confusion'?

That, even if we adopt the default position  of - "Jürgen being in full control of transfer decisions": some things test that 'logic'?

Take Robertson, [if he signs] is he really the best we could attract in a 'money is no object' enviroment and if so, why couldn't we lure him in January, when 'no one was available to improve the team'?

Surely if he was "in total control" AND we had the money... Robertson would already be a Red.

Or this? Jürgen said:

"We can go for the players we want to go for. Can we go for a player Manchester United want to go for? If United make an offer, if Chelsea make an offer, does it make sense to jump in?...

So is it then about money or is it that players think: ‘Manchester is a nicer city or I want to live in London instead of Liverpool?"

Is he saying [in a 'money is no object environment] that we, shouldn't compete or that even then we still can't compete?

Jürgen - "We have to make a decision, and if then the club comes to me and says: ‘That is too expensive’, I have to accept it. But that didn’t happen until now and I don’t expect it to happen."

So does he mean that he expects to have the final say but he may not or something else?... 'lost in translation'?

The money men not saying no to big fees or wages? Time to throw out the aul cliche... "this summer will be the defining window."

I can't wait. 😎

It's certainly a case of reading between the lines. funny thing is, when Jürgen came and didn't spend it was "well that's not how he operates" now that he's not spending its all FSG's fault. If Jürgen isn't really in complete charge of transfers (and the budget within reason) I'd rather him not say he is because I would naively like to believe that he's a man of his word and not some sort of stooge for FSG.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29357: May 17, 2017 03:38:21 pm
      Pleased to hear we may be after 2 LBs in the summer. Think going into the season with Milner as our starting LB is Jürgen's biggest mistake so far and I really hope he doesn't compound it. Thankfully it's sounding like we're trying to correct it.

:gt-happyup:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29358: May 17, 2017 04:05:11 pm
      Pleased to hear we may be after 2 LBs in the summer. Think going into the season with Milner as our starting LB is Jürgen's biggest mistake so far and I really hope he doesn't compound it. Thankfully it's sounding like we're trying to correct it.

Is Robertson meant as the backup, then?
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #29359: May 17, 2017 04:14:58 pm
      This is bad news for LFC because it likely means that Brandt will move to Bayern Munich as Douglas replacement...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #29360: May 17, 2017 04:20:20 pm
      This is bad news for LFC because it likely means that Brandt will move to Bayern Munich as Douglas replacement...

Rumours are that the club have already moved on from Brandt hence the Salah rumours.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29361: May 17, 2017 05:12:06 pm

What's the latest rumours regarding left back mate?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29362: May 17, 2017 05:28:56 pm
      What's the latest rumours regarding left back mate?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/05/liverpool-confident-signing-ryan-sessegnon-Jürgen-klopp-seeks-sign-2-left-backs/

I read it from here mate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29363: May 17, 2017 06:28:52 pm

Cheers mate. If we did sign 2 left backs then it'd be interesting to see what position Milner becomes back up for. Probably everywhere I guess? :D

Not sure I'd want Sessegnon & Robertson as the combo though. I'm not a fan of Robertson.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29364: May 17, 2017 07:00:45 pm
      Not sure I'd want Sessegnon & Robertson as the combo though. I'm not a fan of Robertson.

Same boat, but if it meant us getting VVD,  Costa & Lacazatte .... :D

Also, Wolfsburg had an absolutely dire season and just avoided relegation, i wonder if Rodriguez is worth snapping up?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      Reply #29365: May 17, 2017 07:01:40 pm

I'm going to say we are literally not getting any of those three.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29366: May 17, 2017 07:14:42 pm
      I'm going to say we are literally not getting any of those three.

Gibson, Townsend & Deeney then? :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29367: May 17, 2017 07:15:14 pm

Also, Wolfsburg had an absolutely dire season and just avoided relegation, i wonder if Rodriguez is worth snapping up?

We won't pay 60m for VVD, Costa will go to Juve and Lacazette will probably end up at Atletico. What else you got? :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29368: May 17, 2017 07:15:40 pm

Nah, Deeney will get a better offer from a far superior club in Everton.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29369: May 17, 2017 07:21:06 pm

Rodriguez has been absolutely shocking this season
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29370: May 17, 2017 07:57:34 pm
      Sky reporting Arsenal are going to sign Kolasinac on a free.
      Along with that fella Hector (remember him?) and the lad from Hertha (Marvin something?... too lazy to check); they reckon him to be one of the top Left backs in Germany at the moment.

I guess his missus loves the idea of shopping in London; eh?  :laugh:

Quick Reply