Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179422 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29394: May 18, 2017 12:34:53 am
      As this is referring to my post. I didn't suggest anything about any ability. I said Azpilicueta is a much better player, which he is. You said yourself that you are more bothered about a defender being able to do that rather than being able to attack but guess what, Azpilicueta has done that much better since the day he arrived at the Chavs. I would say he's better going forward too as it goes. He's been playing a different role this season, playing in a back 3 but still has more goals and assists than Clyne this season, just like last season he produced more going forward too.

So in answer to the question, yes, he is better than Clyne going forward, as well as defensively. Just because Clyne looks more fancy going forward than Azpilicueta, doesn't mean he is better at it.

If you compare apples to pears not sure how you come to your conclusion, with Chelsea set up as a counter attacking team with two defensive DM's in front of the CB's compare that to our set up?
      Especially when you end up with Lucas as the DM!

You just need to look at our set up as soon as we lose the ball, 2 fullbacks beyond the attackers, 2 midfielders up with the forward line leaving a sole midfielder along with 2 CB's to cope with the cavalry charging at them!
      Not surprising our fullbacks look a bit sh*te and I gaurantee so would Azpil.

Seems like Klopp has realised this high risk game us getting us no where and fortunately gone a bit more cautious and hey ho our fullbacks have looked solid last few games...........who would have thought!

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29395: May 18, 2017 09:34:39 am
      the quality and level of player we get heavily linked with is the same season after season, never top notch proven quality at the highest level,  generally players who have had an ok time at a team going nowhere or a unproven younger.

hopefully we qualify for the champions league - but having champions league will not make any difference from if we get these players we re being currently linked with - as if a unproven 17 year old fresh from relegation into Div 2 will say no  :lmao:, VVD will go anywhere that pays the transfer fee, Robertson from relegated hull would go anywhere that wants him.

We keep looking and are being linked with average players at the very best.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29396: May 18, 2017 09:59:33 am
      Personally I'd be in no rush to get rid of Clyne or even worry to much about a RB as we have more pressing issues this summer.
      Totally agree Si.

I guess the beauty about the whole full back situation is; if Jürgen decides to take heed, of those who don't rate Clyne, he will definitely be familiar with any and all German based players deemed better.

His inside line and drawing power will prove invaluable surely. If he shares the belief that Nathaniel isn't up to scratch, of course.

That said, given the players he kept last summer and the fact a few of them flew in the face of our most vocal armchair team selectors; I'd wager the chance that Jürgen shares a low opinion of Clyne may be pretty slim. 😄

Personally I'm hoping for all, first XI, business to be done early doors but I don't see a new starting right back as being anywhere near the top of the agenda.

I may be wrong tho... I often am. 😉
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2017 10:59:41 am by bad boy bubby »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #29397: May 18, 2017 10:38:43 am
      Aurier who was given a suspended jail sentence for attacking a police officer then dropped by PSG for calling Blanc a faggot.

He will fit in perfect with Klopp  :)

Is he? ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29398: May 18, 2017 11:11:22 am
      Totally agree Si.

I guess the beauty about the whole full back situation is; if Jürgen decides to take heed, of those who don't rate Clyne, he will definitely be familiar with any and all German based players deemed better.

His inside line and drawing power will prove invaluable surely. If he shares the belief that Nathaniel isn't up to scratch, of course.

That said, given the players he kept last summer and the fact a few of them flew in the face of our most vocal armchair team selectors; I'd wager the chance that Jürgen shares a low opinion of Clyne may be pretty slim. 😄

Personally I'm hoping for all, first XI, business to be done early doors but I don't see a new starting right back as being anywhere near the top of the agenda.

I may be wrong tho... I often am. 😉

Indeed.

LB, CB, CM and striker.

All of these should be above any other position.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29399: May 18, 2017 11:13:07 am
      It takes a unique fullback to cope with the strains placed in a Klopp system.
      Milner and Clyne have been virtually indestructible ( in Clynes case can't remember him being injured).
      You know what? Until I read this I actually had not realised how "reliable" he has been.

Nathaniel has only missed one league game all season... when fit Jürgen always picks him. That might be an indication that has something the big boss man fancies.

Good spot btw.

Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #29400: May 18, 2017 03:16:23 pm
      Cannot for the life of me understand everyone's bashing of Clyne.

Yes, his end product could/should be better, but as a defender he is solid as they come. I'm always in the boat as defender first, attacker second. I can't think of anytime this season Clyne has been at fault for a goal?

If anything, a LB is much more a priority, as I feel IMHO Milner's legs are gone, and he should be used as a utility player ala Lucas this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29401: May 18, 2017 03:17:39 pm
      Just seen on Twitter that the Daily Star are saying we are interested in Manuel Lanzini for £30 million.

Take that with the pinch of salt it probably deserves.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29402: May 18, 2017 03:25:27 pm
      Just seen on Twitter that the Daily Star are saying we are interested in Manuel Lanzini for £30 million.

Take that with the pinch of salt it probably deserves.

I'll give the same response as I did on Twitter: £30m? :lmao:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29403: May 18, 2017 04:44:38 pm
      Indeed.

LB, CB, CM and striker.

All of these should be above any other position.

I don't know Si, whilst I think that CB will be a primary position for transfers, it would not shock me to see Klopp at least 2 speedy wide players before he starts worrying about a CM and LB. As far as up front goes I think we buy 3 the question will be how many are out and out strikers...i'd say 1 if Danny stays and perhaps 2 if he goes.

For CM, if Phil is moving centrally then I honestly think we have enough cover with Henderson, Can, Grujic, Gini, Lallana, Lucas, Phil....we might pick up one more but moving Phil into the mid does mean more is needed up top than ever.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29404: May 18, 2017 05:38:03 pm
      Got to love the Echo. Their headline so to speak on Twitter... "#LFC in £75 euro bid for Mbappe? Latest here..."

I clicked on the link and it says Marca say we've made the bid but that the Echo understands that we've made no such move.

:D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29405: May 18, 2017 05:43:24 pm
      Got to love the Echo. Their headline so to speak on Twitter... "#LFC in £75 euro bid for Mbappe? Latest here..."

I clicked on the link and it says Marca say we've made the bid but that the Echo understands that we've made no such move.

:D

75 euros, F***ing bargain
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29406: May 18, 2017 09:43:02 pm
      Aurier who was given a suspended jail sentence for attacking a police officer then dropped by PSG for calling Blanc a faggot.

He will fit in perfect with Klopp  :)

We need a lunatic Joey B in the side .
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #29407: May 19, 2017 08:42:06 am
      No way we're signing Mbappe. He's a very very good player, but he costs too much. There are a lot of better players who we can get for 1/4 of the price asked for him.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #29408: May 19, 2017 08:59:34 am
      Don't know why we dont want Ricardo Rodriguez for our LB. Proven great player.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29409: May 19, 2017 09:03:38 am
      No way we're signing Mbappe. He's a very very good player, but he costs too much. There are a lot of better players who we can get for 1/4 of the price asked for him.

Really? For 18 he's pretty phenomenal, only watched him in the CL but I'd have him no problem. Don't think we'll even be in for him though.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #29410: May 19, 2017 09:05:40 am
      Really? For 18 he's pretty phenomenal, only watched him in the CL but I'd have him no problem. Don't think we'll even be in for him though.

I agree, and i honestly don't think there is a player out there with as much raw ability as him for his age.

Would pay anything to get him in all honesty.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #29411: May 19, 2017 10:53:39 am
      I agree, and i honestly don't think there is a player out there with as much raw ability as him for his age.

Would pay anything to get him in all honesty.

Agreed.

He's going to be world class in the next couple of years at the rate he's progressing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29412: May 19, 2017 02:06:47 pm

Like who?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #29413: May 19, 2017 03:13:27 pm

For real?? Are you day-dreaming buddy? 'a lot', better and 1/4th??!!

We are in a setup where Bolasie costs £28mil, Batshuayi £33mil and Stones £47 f**king million !! I'll bite their hands off if he is let go for £75mil.

But I, for one second, dont believe we even considered a bid for him and he'll have a lot of choices after the phenomenal season he just had.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #29414: May 19, 2017 04:02:56 pm
      Very much doubt it's true, but reported we've actually bid €75m for the lad but they've rejected it...

http://www.aloadofw**k.com/articles/liverpool-table-stunning-75m-mbappe-bid-but-monaco-reply-with-4182292

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #29415: May 19, 2017 04:05:58 pm
      Very much doubt it's true, but reported we've actually bid €75m for the lad but they've rejected it...

http://www.aloadofw**k.com/articles/liverpool-table-stunning-75m-mbappe-bid-but-monaco-reply-with-4182292

Dunno what happened there but link has done that for some reason and doesn't redirect... obviously utter gash!

My apologies!

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29416: May 19, 2017 06:34:08 pm
      Dunno what happened there but link has done that for some reason and doesn't redirect... obviously utter gash!

My apologies!

They're just copying what got reported yesterday. It comes from Marca (F**k knows how they'd know about a transfer between a French team and an English team) but the Echo - despite taking advantage of the story for some click-bait - have denied that we made a bid.

Quick Reply