Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179022 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29417: May 19, 2017 07:50:18 pm
      Don't know why we dont want Ricardo Rodriguez for our LB. Proven great player.

Had a really poor season
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29418: May 19, 2017 10:00:48 pm
      Very much doubt it's true, but reported we've actually bid €75m for the lad but they've rejected it...

http://www.aloadofw**k.com/articles/liverpool-table-stunning-75m-mbappe-bid-but-monaco-reply-with-4182292

Hahahaha, can the admins do this with Metro links too? :D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #29419: May 19, 2017 11:51:03 pm
      Dunno what happened there but link has done that for some reason and doesn't redirect... obviously utter gash!

My apologies!
      I Doubt it too but gave me a good laugh, Then got me really thinking... let say by some miracle we signed him wre exactly would he fit into the squad, and who does he replace...?

klopp preferred, Line up is something like this...

Cuotinho       Firmino       Mane
                                              Gini        Lallana  Can/Henderson

does he replace Firmino, and does Firmino go to the bench...? or does Firmino go to the left,Cuotinho sit were Lallana is and Lallana find himself on the bench?...

Also... City maybe selling Kelechi Iheanacho,
      http://www.espnfc.com/story/3129508/agency-dispute-could-stall-kelechi-iheanachos-man-city-exit

He would not be a bad option, Remember not only are we looking to replace Sturridge we also need a replacement for Ings
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29420: May 20, 2017 12:00:14 am

Would still take him, probably his first bad season.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #29421: May 20, 2017 12:47:59 am
      He would not be a bad option, Remember not only are we looking to replace Sturridge we also need a replacement for Ings

I would think that 1 reliable goal scorer could easily replace both Studge and Ings.  The two have probably played less than 40 games combined across the last 2 campaigns.  1 world class #9 should do the trick 😎 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29422: May 20, 2017 01:17:36 am
      Remember not only are we looking to replace Sturridge we also need a replacement for Ings

Are we though?

Only yesterday Klopp was saying he's not looking to sell Sturridge and was talking about keeping him for next season. Plus Ings has been back in light training with talk being that he'll be back with the first-team squad once pre-season training starts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29423: May 20, 2017 01:24:50 am

To an extent I'd say we are, due to the amount of games they have missed over the last 2 seasons. They've not really played anymore than the odd cameo role when you take into account the amount of games they've played.

Frustrating though because Sturridge still has what it takes ability wise to be a 20+ goal a season player and Ings is far from the worst player to have adding a bit of depth to the squad but the simple fact is, we can't rely on them, we can't not get a top class striker signed in the hope that they will suddenly get over their injuries. IMO anyway like.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29424: May 20, 2017 01:33:32 am
      To an extent I'd say we are, due to the amount of games they have missed over the last 2 seasons. They've not really played anymore than the odd cameo role when you take into account the amount of games they've played.

Frustrating though because Sturridge still has what it takes ability wise to be a 20+ goal a season player and Ings is far from the worst player to have adding a bit of depth to the squad but the simple fact is, we can't rely on them, we can't not get a top class striker signed in the hope that they will suddenly get over their injuries. IMO anyway like.

Agree with the last bit, I was just going on the bits I've seen in the echo. Think I've said it myself in other threads about being frustrated with the constant injury problems. It just when you see what a fit Sturridge can do, you just wish he could stay fit.
      R3D
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #29425: May 20, 2017 08:13:51 am
      Perr Schuurs, a 17 year old Dutch central defender from Fortuna Sittard, is on trial with us. Played 24 games in the Dutch 2nd division this season according to transfermarkt.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #29426: May 20, 2017 10:55:56 am
      Perr Schuurs, a 17 year old Dutch central defender from Fortuna Sittard, is on trial with us. Played 24 games in the Dutch 2nd division this season according to transfermarkt.

Pffff who needs Virgil Van Dyke
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #29427: May 20, 2017 12:41:48 pm

Perhaps a top striker to play alongside Sturridge? That would be cool...

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #29428: May 20, 2017 12:51:05 pm
      Pffff who needs Virgil Van Dyke

We don't need this perr schuurs on, we don't need this perr schuurs on, ooohhhhh
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29429: May 20, 2017 01:46:21 pm
      Echo thinks Lacazette leaning toward Atletico Madrid.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29430: May 20, 2017 04:20:45 pm
      Would still take him, probably his first bad season.

Looks like he might be getting relegated :O
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29431: May 20, 2017 05:34:56 pm

He'll go to Arsenal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29432: May 20, 2017 05:51:25 pm

Atletico need to be able to buy players first. At the moment they have a transfer ban.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29433: May 20, 2017 05:55:52 pm
      Atletico need to be able to buy players first. At the moment they have a transfer ban.

Wow, for how long? I totally forgot about that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29434: May 20, 2017 06:07:52 pm
      Wow, for how long? I totally forgot about that.

As far as I'm aware they were banned last summer for 2 windows but they appealed it which meant they could sign players last summer and they went ahead and signed Torres, Gaitan & Gameiro.

They apparently - in good faith - said that they wouldn't sign anybody in the last January window whilst the appeal was processed. They'll hear back from their appeal this June before the window opens and if it's unsuccessful then they'll be banned from signing players for the next 2 windows.

They're guilty of the exact same thing as Barcelona & Real Madrid so I'm not sure how they think the appeal will go in their favour.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #29435: May 20, 2017 06:14:29 pm
      As far as I'm aware they were banned last summer for 2 windows but they appealed it which meant they could sign players last summer and they went ahead and signed Torres, Gaitan & Gameiro.

They apparently - in good faith - said that they wouldn't sign anybody in the last January window whilst the appeal was processed. They'll hear back from their appeal this June before the window opens and if it's unsuccessful then they'll be banned from signing players for the next 2 windows.

They're guilty of the exact same thing as Barcelona & Real Madrid so I'm not sure how they think the appeal will go in their favour.

Remember real Madrid got the ban reduced, mainly because they are real Madrid
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29436: May 20, 2017 06:39:51 pm
      Remember real Madrid got the ban reduced, mainly because they are real Madrid

What will be annoying is if they reduce it for Madrid but then say they're OK to sign players this summer because they didn't sign any in January. That shouldn't matter IMO, that was Atletico's call, not UEFA's.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29437: May 21, 2017 10:28:42 am
      the Lyon president said that Lacazette has a verbal agreement with Athletico - but they have to wait and see what happens with the ban.

my concern is that the big teams or so called bug teams seem to have there targets all set to go, while we seem to fall behind and then try and make out 4th or 5th target out to be the main target or simply just target inferior players from the start

anyway - win today boys, no slip ups, no heart ache, just a straight forward win please
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29438: May 21, 2017 10:47:22 am
      the Lyon president said that Lacazette has a verbal agreement with Athletico - but they have to wait and see what happens with the ban.

my concern is that the big teams or so called bug teams seem to have there targets all set to go, while we seem to fall behind and then try and make out 4th or 5th target out to be the main target or simply just target inferior players from the start

anyway - win today boys, no slip ups, no heart ache, just a straight forward win please

I'm yet to see who Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc. are all going to get though so I'm not sure you're right in that respect. The season hasn't finished yet, be patient mate. At the moment everything with a vast majority of teams is just speculation, nothing is concrete.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #29439: May 21, 2017 10:50:37 am
      Going to be a big summer all over Europe with teams like the two milan clubs with a lot of money to spend, teams like Barcelona who need to.
      Rebuild and the clubs in this country with deep pockets a lot of money to spend on a relatively limited talent pool

Quick Reply