Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208433 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29670: May 28, 2017 09:13:58 pm
      Futbol Agent‏ @Futbol_Agent_  2h2 hours ago
      We understand Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita has agreed to join Liverpool. Fee of around £45M. #LFC

So that's that one done then, on to the next.... :D

Nothing at all to be sceptical about with the words "understand" or "around".
      So does this mean that Klopp has only £55 mil to spend from the FSG war chest   :f_tongueincheek:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29671: May 28, 2017 09:17:38 pm
      So does this mean that Klopp has only £55 mil to spend from the FSG war chest   :f_tongueincheek:

No idea mate but if we did only have £55m I'd still consider buying this lad.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,340 posts | 1526 
      Reply #29672: May 28, 2017 09:23:23 pm
      I'm not getting over exited just yet. Done that too often in the past, only to end up feeling like I've been kicked on the gonads.
      I'll wait to see him along side Klopp with a Liverpool shirt on.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29673: May 28, 2017 09:39:24 pm
      I'm not getting over exited just yet. Done that too often in the past, only to end up feeling like I've been kicked on the gonads.
      I'll wait to see him along side Klopp with a Liverpool shirt on.

You'll be waiting a while mate.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29674: May 28, 2017 09:44:45 pm
      No idea mate but if we did only have £55m I'd still consider buying this lad.

The Echo reported it's £100 million the other day. Sounds great, but when put in the context of likely price rises, it's piss all. We needed twice that gross. City just spent £60 mill on a fullback and we're not even at City's current level, never mind where they'll be when the transfer window closes. Whatever happened to the club spending only what it earns from football related activities? Our total prize money for this season is apparently £148 million so shouldn't the club have a minimum of £148 million to spend on transfers? Last season we earned £90 million, plus on top of that we made a net profit of around £20 million so if the club spends the money it recieves, Klopp should have £258 million gross this season. Add on another £100 million or so from player sales and we could be matching City, Chelsea and United's spend this season.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29675: May 28, 2017 09:52:55 pm
      Depends on how much we plan to splash overall. If we plan only one big signing (and 50mill is a big signing) I'd prefer to spend that, or even more, to try and get a CLASS striker like Mbappe or such like

We haven't had ONE player in the top 10 goalscorers in the PL for the last 3 years. Not since Luis and Danny topped the scorer table in 13/14.  If we want to seriously compete, we need a top striker. Chipping in with goals from different positions sounds well and good, and we have players who have an eye for goal, but we're missing that guy up top we can rely on. Even Danny in reasonable form up top made us look a diff side in last couple of matches.

A box-to-box guy wouldn't be top of my list, though obviously nobodys going to refuse top players (and assume he is that at that price). As long as we have plans to get serious upgrades in striker, left back, and possibly GK and CB.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,641 posts | 3918 
      Reply #29676: May 28, 2017 09:59:58 pm
      I know F**k all about this Keita guy but twitter is blowing up.

I massively trust Klopp with his signings so I'm excited if it's true
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29677: May 28, 2017 10:35:54 pm
      City signed Silva for 43mill and now on the verge of getting a keeper for 45mill for a keeper. They aren't pissing around. This is the urgency we need
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #29678: May 28, 2017 10:43:00 pm
      City signed Silva for 43mill and now on the verge of getting a keeper for 45mill for a keeper. They aren't pissing around. This is the urgency we need

Silva, now keeper...throw in Mendy, Sanchez, rumored bid for Mbappe...I'll have what they're having.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29679: May 28, 2017 10:43:06 pm

You can add Mendy to that list too, probably be done by the end of next week.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29680: May 28, 2017 10:44:08 pm
      Silva, now keeper...throw in Mendy, Sanchez, rumored bid for Mbappe...I'll have what they're having.

Multi billionaire owners that love football and want to win no matter the cost?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29681: May 28, 2017 10:48:37 pm

We haven't had ONE player in the top 10 goalscorers in the PL for the last 3 years. Not since Luis and Danny topped the scorer table in 13/14.  If we want to seriously compete, we need a top striker. ( ED:  OR TWO ) Chipping in with goals from different positions sounds well and good, and we have players who have an eye for goal, but we're missing that guy up top we can rely on.

A couple of 20+ strikers to scare defences  shitless.

lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #29682: May 28, 2017 10:50:15 pm
      Multi billionaire owners that love football and want to win no matter the cost?

Yes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29683: May 28, 2017 10:57:42 pm
      You can add Mendy to that list too, probably be done by the end of next week.

Just hope they end up going he way of the last big money defensive players they signed. Mangala, Stones and Otamendi....garbage
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,340 posts | 1526 
      Reply #29684: May 28, 2017 11:27:53 pm
      You'll be waiting a while mate.

Yeah, what I thought
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #29685: May 29, 2017 09:04:12 am
      50 M for a CM? Yes, we need one but I'm not sure about the price. Like some else said above, we need a real goal scorer or an attacking midfield who can score a lot. Firmino, Coutinho and Mane score frequently  but not enough...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #29686: May 29, 2017 09:41:53 am
      50 M for a CM? Yes, we need one but I'm not sure about the price. Like some else said above, we need a real goal scorer or an attacking midfield who can score a lot. Firmino, Coutinho and Mane score frequently  but not enough...

We don't have an issue scoring goals.

Keeping them out of our net is the big issue.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29687: May 29, 2017 10:13:45 am

I'm not sure why you think that we have to decide between one or the other when we could quite easily go out and get both.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #29688: May 29, 2017 10:28:46 am
      We all know that we need a striker right... Ings injured, Origi running more cold than hot, and fit we keep Sturridge, how long can we keep him fit and firing...? City are looking to sell Kelechi Iheanacho. And west Ham are sniffing around and are ready to offer £20m, Now surely if we matched that offer we could get him, and for £20m it would be a Steal... With the season  to come and CL football can we really afford to not have that extra striker we the problems we have with the current group of strikers...?
      Excellent cover for Mane too....IMO Liverpool would be crazy not to consider him as a option.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29689: May 29, 2017 10:48:58 am
      Is there any substance to this Keita deal? For those who have watched him what do people make of him?

Was about to ask the same.

Has anyone actually seen him play or are they just hoping he plays like Kante?

EDIT: Just seen HSC's response.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29690: May 29, 2017 12:54:06 pm

Be nice wouldn't it? To actually be able to get excited about the transfer window.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #29691: May 29, 2017 01:18:58 pm
      I dream of Aubameyang and Lacazette ... either would be a perfect striker for our team.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #29692: May 29, 2017 01:50:18 pm
      I dream of Aubameyang and Lacazette ... either would be a perfect striker for our team.

Would go for Lacazette personally. He's a 20 goal a season player and we need that. As much as I like Firmino he's not going to get you 20+ goals.

Quick Reply