Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4318776 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,541 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #30981: Jul 13, 2017 08:10:15 am
      Yeah, like tapping up VVD and getting caught.

Poor comments them.

Sounds like he's a puppet for FSG.

Oh ffs, rewind and repeat, same old song
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30982: Jul 13, 2017 08:28:21 am
      Yeah, like tapping up VVD and getting caught.

Poor comments them.

Sounds like he's a puppet for FSG.

We need to take lessons from the  likes of Manure about how to tap players up and not get caught.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #30983: Jul 13, 2017 09:03:13 am
      Oh ffs, rewind and repeat, same old song

Same old song, for the same old gig.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30984: Jul 13, 2017 09:14:15 am
      Jürgen Klopp is a puppet and not to be trusted.

Our fans are wonderful.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #30985: Jul 13, 2017 09:31:50 am

Our fans are wonderful.

Who said he is and who said he cannot be trusted?

Some of our fans cannot read, wonderful!
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017 09:49:10 am by Beerbelly »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #30986: Jul 13, 2017 09:51:01 am

Some of of our fans cannot read, wonderful!

Yes sometimes I find myself checking back thinking "who WAS it who said that sh!te/how did I miss it!". Thanks for saving me the trouble of looking.

I'll file it in the "people saying we should sign Ronaldo or Messi", "people saying Sturridge will stay fit all season as it's a World Cup year" pile. The top sheet says "total bollocks spouted by bullshitters". I keep it all in there, in the one pile. For tidiness purposes.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #30987: Jul 13, 2017 09:54:11 am
      Yes sometimes I find myself checking back thinking "who WAS it who said that sh!te/how did I miss it!". Thanks for saving me the trouble of looking.

I'll file it in the "people saying we should sign Ronaldo or Messi", "people saying Sturridge will stay fit all season as it's a World Cup year" pile. The top sheet says "total bollocks spouted by bullshitters". I keep it all in there, in the one pile. For tidiness purposes.

Just title that file: Crouchinho

A euphemism for Bullshitter extraordinaire. 
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #30988: Jul 13, 2017 09:57:14 am
      Klopp said:

"If any fans of us think what the other teams are doing and why we don't do anything, then I can't help.
      You've been here 3 transfer windows, we've been here for 14. Stick around you may change your tune.

"We cannot buy players only because other teams buy players. We do business as good as we can do it.
      This is the problem, it hasn't been good enough for the most part.

"We are completely in it and we are convinced about the way we are doing it.
      That's the scary part

Nervous fans, I don't have to write a message for this.
      No you don't. But you might want to have a word with Michael Edwards about how the mechanics of a properly conducted transfer process is supposed to go.

"We have [until] the 31st of August. We have time and some things need time.
      Last summer's transfer window?

"If we make transfers, it's because we want to do it. If not, then it's because we don't want to do it.
      Obvious

That's how it is and we have to wait a little bit."
      Yes. Longer than they have to wait at Utd, Arsenal, City, Chelsea...

Slightly worrying. Either Klopp genuinely is happy with our transfer dealings or he's just not used to the way FSG conduct transfer deals. I'm going with the latter. Either way, it's worrying.

Just on this last point - are the other top clubs actually doing business that much quicker ??

Bearing in mind we've signed Salah, which was a sizeable deal. So Arsenal have got Lacazette and Kolasinic (on a free) but are yet to conclude a deal for Lemar. Chelsea have just concluded the deal for Rudiger, with plenty of rumblings about Conte being unhappy with a lack of signings. They're still to wrap up Bakayoko who's a big target apparently. City have done a bit better getting Bernardo Silva and their new keeper but have more they want to do. Utd obviously just got Lukaku and had Lindelhof wrapped up a while ago, but are still looking at players like Fabinho, Mbappe, Matic.

Oh and Spurs have done absolutely nothing.

I get the concerns given our chequered past concerning transfers, and the very public saga about VVD, but considering the way the market is this year I'm inclined to have a little more patience. Of course if we start the season with just Salah and Solanke in I think that'll be a disaster. But I don't think that'll happen and I'm hopeful we'll see some movement in the next few weeks.

Below is an article that counters the idea that the increased money held by the English clubs means they just boss the market. Interesting read if the quotes are to be believed.

You could call it “the Premier League premium”, but it is precisely why all that money still hasn’t meant English clubs have been able to call the shots in the way they would have liked. It is also why a source at one top side said that dealing with foreign boards this summer “has been a nightmare”, why another said they’ve “never known a window like it”, and why pretty much all of them have endured mostly unsatisfactory windows so far as they properly begin preparations for the new season

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/premier-league-transfer-news-la-liga-bundesliga-more-money-more-problems-a7837981.html

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30989: Jul 13, 2017 09:57:15 am

Since you've got a file, what did I say that was bullshit? 🤔
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #30990: Jul 13, 2017 11:27:51 am
      The transfer board is a bit pitiful...no one even bothering linking us with anyone other than VVD and Keita. Two transfers that seemingly look DOA. :D

January window Deja Vu.....

Maybe we'll keep Sakho and he'll be like a "new signing".
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30991: Jul 13, 2017 11:51:56 am
      January window Deja Vu.....

Maybe we'll keep Sakho and he'll be like a "new signing".
      I know you are half joking FL but don't be too surprised if life imitates 'fiction'. 😊

From February:

"Sure Danny Ward will be like a new signing."

From Monday:

Jürgen Klopp suggests Danny Ward could be Liverpool's No 1 goalkeeper next season
      Jürgen KLOPP admits he is undecided on who will be Liverpool's first-choice goalkeeper next season...

The Liverpool manager now has Danny Ward back at Anfield after his successful loan spell in the Championship last term at Huddersfield...

"We have three goalkeepers and they can all show what they are able to do, and then we will see who will start," Klopp told Liverpool's official website.

"That's very comfortable for the manager, three really good goalkeepers.

It is like it is and nothing is decided..."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/826958/Jürgen-Klopp-Danny-Ward-Simon-Mignolet-Loris-Karius-Goalkeeper-Liverpool-News

Sakho it is then... 😜 😄

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30992: Jul 13, 2017 11:55:15 am
      Why pay for players? Just ask fans to put on a red jersey and get in the dugout. That'll be FSG next policy.
      Keita and VVD are unavailable so I guess we will continue all window to try and get them unavailable players, until they are available and we lose interest.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30993: Jul 13, 2017 12:12:06 pm
      Gylfi Sigurdsson.
      £50 million wanted and Everton have already (allegedly) offered £40 million.

The world's gone F***ing mad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,368 posts | 4973 
      Reply #30994: Jul 13, 2017 12:16:26 pm
      Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The world's gone F***ing mad.

Indeed.

Really like him as a player but even in today's market that is crazy money.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30995: Jul 13, 2017 12:20:01 pm
      Indeed.

I find him a bit lightweight personally mate, and not very consistent.
      A decent player, but nowhere near top level, as shown by his time at Spurs.

£50 million is mental.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,541 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30996: Jul 13, 2017 12:22:11 pm
      Indeed.

Would be an excellent signing if football was like nfl and you could wheel him on and off at set pieces, don't think he is that great in open play
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30997: Jul 13, 2017 12:28:30 pm
      Indeed.

Yeah, good player, very clever and a beast from set-pieces.

£50m is the new £25m, we've just got to accept that and move on. When Lukaku is going for £85m or whatever then that makes Siggy look cheap and makes Salah look even cheaper.

I think he'd do well for them but have to agree with AZ, anyone seeing Everton's spending as a show of strength are kidding themselves, they're just spending the Lukaku money and this is the first player I've seen them interested in that I think would be anywhere near what we'd want and even then he's not exactly built for what we need in a wide forward.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30998: Jul 13, 2017 12:43:18 pm
      Indeed.

If you're ever in Norway Si it's about £8 a pint.

You can either buy your pints or not but don't go to Norway (and order pints) if you're gonna whine like a tw*t about the cost... especially if you have a wad of notes that could choke a donkey. 😄

The choice is yours: Buckfast down the Bann, with the wine team or Hansa with your loved ones in Oslo? 🍺 😄

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30999: Jul 13, 2017 12:49:35 pm

Our fans are wonderful.

Sad isn't it.

Suggesting Jürgen Klopp could be a puppet for FSG is comical. You could see the signs were all there from last season how the same people had issues with him, it'll continue until he delivers number 19, I've no doubt about that.

What I personally read into this transfer window with regards Jürgen is that he has managed to convince both VvD and Keita that LFC is the place for them and he seems relatively relaxed about both transfers and transfer business behind the scenes. So while I am absolutely frustrated, as are almost all of us, I can take heart in the fact that the man that matters most, the man that would know most is at ease.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,368 posts | 4973 
      Reply #31000: Jul 13, 2017 12:50:27 pm
      If you're ever in Norway Si it's about £8 a pint.

You can either buy your pints or not but don't go to Norway (and order pints) if you're gonna whine like a tw*t about the cost... especially if you have a wad of notes that could choke a donkey. 😄

The choice is yours: Buckfast down the Bann, with the wine team or Hansa with your loved ones in Oslo? 🍺 😄

;D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31001: Jul 13, 2017 12:52:03 pm

Shame on you Beerbelly... You have been on this site long enough and therefor should know that some here only see what they want to see and not what is actually written... Shame on you
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #31002: Jul 13, 2017 01:05:17 pm

Some of our fans cannot read, wonderful!

There are a number who twist and distort people's views to accommodate a faulted, inflexible agenda, they see that as the only method of giving their malformed opinion any credibility.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #31003: Jul 13, 2017 02:00:36 pm
      Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The world's gone f**king mad.

That's why £70m for Keita is fair money.

Quick Reply