Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205277 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31165: Jul 22, 2017 06:53:46 am
      Bit of faith kidda ;)

VVD will be a red soon then just get back to chipping away at Keita and Leipzig.

We'll be stocking back up on brasso for the impending silverwear in no time!!

Hope you are right bud, everything crossed.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31166: Jul 22, 2017 07:30:34 am
      We'll be stocking back up on brasso for the impending silverwear

Or better still - 'Silvo'. It's been a while. 😎
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31167: Jul 22, 2017 10:52:11 am
      We might sign Robertson as LB but I'm afraid it's all huff and puff with any other Transfers, I reckon this will be the last new signing we get this Summer.

I don't think it will our last summer but it does concern me that if we don't get VVD and Keita, then we are going to panic buy like Balotelli again.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31168: Jul 22, 2017 07:28:25 pm
      A bit OTT mate with the Suarez comparisons - just think about it for a minute.
      I mean that unlike Sturridge he makes those type of runs, and gambles like a Suarez

And the original poster does have a point, strikers are a rare commodity so why only Hammers think he is good enough, by your reckoning why didn't Chelsea snap him up?
      And speaking of the Great One, were we not the only team looking to sign Suarez from Ajax...? no other English team were looking to do so, same with Coutinho...? So the Chelsea point falls on its's face a bit
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31169: Jul 22, 2017 09:12:19 pm
      We might sign Robertson as LB but I'm afraid it's all huff and puff with any other Transfers, I reckon this will be the last new signing we get this Summer.
      Disagree
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #31170: Jul 22, 2017 11:24:11 pm
      I mean that unlike Sturridge he makes those type of runs, and gambles like a Suarez
      And speaking of the Great One, were we not the only team looking to sign Suarez from Ajax...? no other English team were looking to do so, same with Coutinho...? So the Chelsea point falls on its's face a bit

Suarez was hardly a household name at the time so not surprising. I doubt you had heard of him at Ajax!

Maybe most other English teams know how much Coutinho would cost, Barca will have the Neymar money to spend.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31171: Jul 23, 2017 12:29:05 am

I hope I'm wrong too Rib, just used to feeling let down in the Transfer window. Will wait and see what happens but not holding my breath.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31172: Jul 23, 2017 01:02:15 am
      Anything new in the manner we purchase players?  Nothing new, same old thing all over again since 8 years ago. Don't worry we're going to see the all too familiar last minute panic buy. Whoever  is involved in the the negotiations is simply trying to over impress the owners in the way they conduct the negotiations.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2017 01:06:16 am by redkop63 »
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #31173: Jul 23, 2017 01:12:42 am
      Watched Firminho attempts again at attemting to be a CF and just not cutting it we will jack with him up top. Feel a bit sorry for him really he is a steady player but just doesnt cut it in any particular position
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31174: Jul 23, 2017 10:42:01 am

Suarez was hardly a household name at the time so not surprising. I doubt you had heard of him at Ajax!
      But once he became establish here Arsenal were the only PL team trying to sign him... Point that you miss is not every class player have clubs lining up to sign them... Case in point Wayne Rooney (Not that I rate him,Hate the C**t) but everytime he was linked with a move away from Utd no teams were linked with him... Henry (Arsenal) only Barca, now some you may agree with, some you may not but the simple fact is it is what happens and you can not judge how good a player really established or not  on the basis of how many team show interest in signing that player, there are other factors involved as well...
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #31175: Jul 23, 2017 11:18:12 am
      According to an Italian newspaper Emre Can has agreed terms with Juventus. hopefully it's fake news.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31176: Jul 23, 2017 11:38:56 am
      According to an Italian newspaper Emre Can has agreed terms with Juventus. hopefully it's fake news.
      Just spotted that too, have to wait and see how things pan out
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #31177: Jul 23, 2017 12:23:26 pm
      City's spending soon to cross 200m, the defending champions improving their spine with 3 quality players, Mancs looking to do the same as well.

Time to get our act together and get deals done or move on to other players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #31178: Jul 23, 2017 12:32:43 pm
      City's spending soon to cross 200m, the defending champions improving their spine with 3 quality players, Mancs looking to do the same as well.

Time to get our act together and get deals done or move on to other players.

If we sign Keita and Van Dijk we'll easily match their squads.

The IF needs to become a WHEN very soon though.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31179: Jul 23, 2017 12:40:19 pm

James pearce has said that Jürgen has told him emre is going nowhere
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31180: Jul 23, 2017 02:42:49 pm
      Tuttosport claiming Can has agreed terms with Juventus 😕 No fee agreed yet. Crazy to sell him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31181: Jul 23, 2017 03:01:49 pm
      Tuttosport claiming Can has agreed terms with Juventus 😕 No fee agreed yet. Crazy to sell him.

Wonder how much we'd get for Emre.

I think he has the potential to be very good and wouldn't like to see him leave. Even if we buy someone else, Emre as backup would be a good position to be in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #31182: Jul 23, 2017 03:28:48 pm
      Not too concerned about Can. Honestly think he's a bit overrated by our fanbase. One wonder goal doesn't erase an awful lot of standard to sub-standard performances, but Klopp seems to like him so I doubt he'll go.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31183: Jul 23, 2017 03:43:21 pm
      Yup, like he would get anymore time in the Juve mid-field than he does with ours...click bait that one.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31184: Jul 23, 2017 03:54:44 pm
      Wonder how much we'd get for Emre.

I think he has the potential to be very good and wouldn't like to see him leave. Even if we buy someone else, Emre as backup would be a good position to be in.

For me it would depend a lot on what we were offered for him, he has potential but will he ever fully realise it?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31185: Jul 23, 2017 04:01:10 pm
      For me it would depend a lot on what we were offered for him, he has potential but will he ever fully realise it?

That's the question we ask with every player. I think if we take into account the injury he was reportedly suffering and judge him on the time he was meant to be 'injury free' last season then I saw real progress. Like many others I was bitterly disappointed with how he started the season and was mystified as to why he was playing so poorly after having a good year the year before so when his form turned around and the reports of injury came out then things seemed to fit.

If his level just went up slightly from where he was at the end of the season and he found consistency he'd be an incredible player and I don't feel those are too much to ask. Consistency generally comes with age and a slight amount of improvement, yes I think he will fully realise it.

Even if he didn't though, an Emre at or around that level would do me for backup all day long, not sure it would do him though and I do get the impression, looking from the outside in that he probably has a high opinion of himself as they all probably do these days. Jürgen seems confident he'll stay, he's also confident with Coutinho, just hope the boss is right on both occasions.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31186: Jul 23, 2017 09:51:19 pm
      Rumours of £31m being offered for Can:

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/889221106971836416
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31187: Jul 23, 2017 09:53:09 pm
      I'd take it. Never rated him. Can, Lucas and Hendo are not quite top level in my opinion.

Quick Reply