Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4285434 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31533: Aug 05, 2017 09:38:23 pm
      This.

Looked a level below our current CM's.

This what ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #31534: Aug 05, 2017 09:45:48 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #31535: Aug 05, 2017 09:47:30 pm

F**k me. Moreno had 2 good pre-season games and now he's 100% back. Instead of getting Keita, we now get Milner as the new midfielder. What about losing Lucas, boss?
      Sounds like our business is pretty much done lads. I guess we'll continue "monitoring" some targets until August 31st but don't expect much more to come.

So Moreno, Milly and Kent are our other new signings?  :lmao:
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #31536: Aug 05, 2017 09:59:51 pm

Sorry mate couldnt decide if you were agreeing or dissing my post
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31537: Aug 05, 2017 10:00:09 pm

F**k me. Moreno had 2 good pre-season games and now he's 100% back. Instead of getting Keita, we now get Milner as the new midfielder. What about losing Lucas, boss?
      Sounds like our business is pretty much done lads. I guess we'll continue "monitoring" some targets until August 31st but don't expect much more to come.

Reading between the lines. We aren't signing anymore players this summer.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #31538: Aug 05, 2017 10:04:39 pm
      Got to admit getting a bit worried now .
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31539: Aug 05, 2017 10:09:00 pm
      So Moreno, Milly and Kent are our other new signings?  :lmao:

Don't you forget Sturridge, Ings, Grujic, Gomez, Woodburn, Can, and Coutinho.
      Boss transfer window that.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #31540: Aug 05, 2017 10:16:42 pm

Depressing.... over the last few years surely we are still on minus spend all together in transfers.... way to solidify us as a top 4 side....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #31541: Aug 05, 2017 10:25:09 pm
      I had high hopes when Klopp came that he would push the board to make sure the players he wanted were delivered but seems like he is either happy picking up his £6M a year and not overly bothered but probably more likely a bit deluded in his own abilities.

He actually believes he can make Jimmy into a top CM and even more scary Lovren will ever become a decent CB.

Oh well looks like another season of fighting and hoping for Top 4.
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2017 11:10:01 pm by HScRed1 »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31542: Aug 05, 2017 10:43:26 pm
      I don't see a big deal. Solanke is a player that could be worth 50m+ and we got Salah for a good price. Looks like we will keep Coutinho and our LB problem seems to be covered so Milner can go into midfield, so it is like a new midfielder. We do need another CB though. We either sign VVD or don't loan Sakho out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #31543: Aug 05, 2017 11:03:25 pm
      I give up...Klopp singing from the FSG hymn sheet now. Sounds like the sort of stuff Brendan used to say.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #31544: Aug 05, 2017 11:07:59 pm
      All seems to have gone pretty quiet since the Keita bids were rejected. VVD is the only major one that looks as though it has any legs and we are still at least two major signings from where we should be IMO -- a CB and striker, and ideally a CM too. Haven't heard much about Sakho, Markovic or Moreno leaving either.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 91 
      Reply #31545: Aug 05, 2017 11:08:34 pm
      I had high hopes when Klopp came that he would push the board to make sure the players he wanted were delivered but seems like he is either happy picking up his £6M a year and not overly bothered but probably more likely a big deluded in his own abilities.

He actually believes he can make Jimmy into a top CM and even more scary Lovren will ever become a decent CB.

Oh well looks like another season of fighting and hoping for Top 4.
      I think the evidence is there to see that he's certainly working hard for his massive salary and I'm sure he thinks a lot of his own abilty. The fact that he has only lost once in two seasons to a fellow top 7 side means he's getting more pound for pound out of his team.

He just needs to solve the problem of how to beat the likes of Swansea, West Ham, Watford, Plymouth, Wolves and Newcastle and we'll be just about there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #31546: Aug 05, 2017 11:08:54 pm
      All seems to have gone pretty quiet since the Keita bids were rejected. VVD is the only major one that looks as though it has any legs and we are still at least two major signings from where we should be IMO -- a CB and striker, and ideally a CM too. Haven't heard much about Sakho, Markovic or Moreno leaving either.

Moreno isn't leaving, he's 100% back doncha know.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31547: Aug 05, 2017 11:12:18 pm
      Moreno isn't leaving, he's 100% back doncha know.

And if we fail to land VVD as it's looking very likely now, then I assume we're gonna keep Sakho.
      Reckon we'll try to sell Markovic though, to achieve the on-target net spend.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #31548: Aug 05, 2017 11:14:29 pm
      I think the evidence is there to see that he's certainly working hard for his massive salary and I'm sure he thinks a lot of his own abilty. The fact that he has only lost once in two seasons to a fellow top 7 side means he's getting more pound for pound out of his team.

He just needs to solve the problem of how to beat the likes of Swansea, West Ham, Watford, Plymouth, Wolves and Newcastle and we'll be just about there.

No point beating the Top 4 if we then struggle to beat the sh*te.

End of the day beating the top 4 means nothing, it's same as it has always been, it's about winning the league.

Are you confident with no more signings we can win the league, think about it we got Top 4 last season by 1 pt and have added one player to our first team. Do you think the other teams are standing still?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31549: Aug 05, 2017 11:20:15 pm
      No point beating the Top 4 if we then struggle to beat the sh*te.

End of the day beating the top 4 means nothing, it's same as it has always been, it's about winning the league.

Are you confident with no more signings we can win the league, think about it we got Top 4 last season by 1 pt and have added one player to our first team. Do you think the other teams are standing still?

The most frustrating thing for me is, I was really looking forward to seeing us compete in the CL under Klopp. That's the whole point of getting Top 4 isn't it?
      But with the lack of depth, at one point we're gonna have to choose between the league and the CL, and I reckon it's the latter we're gonna need to drop. (that is, assume we'll get past the qualifier stage, which I believe we should be able to).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #31550: Aug 05, 2017 11:22:35 pm
      And if we fail to land VVD as it's looking very likely now, then I assume we're gonna keep Sakho.
      Reckon we'll try to sell Markovic though, to achieve the on-target net spend.

I'm ok with keeping Sakho to be honest, but you know it would have helped if he'd been training with the first team at this point so when the season starts, he could actually.....PLAY.

I'm honestly baffled. It's like Klopp has basically not made any contingency plans for this season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,499 posts | 2869 
      Reply #31551: Aug 05, 2017 11:27:56 pm
      The fact that there's now a reasonable chance of us adding no one else this window is absolutely incredible.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31552: Aug 05, 2017 11:39:35 pm

So, I wonder what his thoughts are about the CB area...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #31553: Aug 05, 2017 11:58:35 pm
      I don't see a big deal. Solanke is a player that could be worth 50m+ and we got Salah for a good price. Looks like we will keep Coutinho and our LB problem seems to be covered so Milner can go into midfield, so it is like a new midfielder. We do need another CB though. We either sign VVD or don't loan Sakho out.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not mate 🤔 but im gonna say yes after that Milner in midfield comment.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #31554: Aug 05, 2017 11:59:09 pm
      The fact that there's now a reasonable chance of us adding no one else this window is absolutely incredible.

Yup incredibly depressing.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31555: Aug 06, 2017 12:33:38 am
      I give up...Klopp singing from the FSG hymn sheet now. Sounds like the sort of stuff Brendan used to say.

Totally agree.

It's criminal.

It's a worse summer window than last season (and even then people had reservations about that, only to be mocked), and it's only slightly better than our Jan transfer window.

Had this have been any other manager this forum would be in meltdown.

Fact is, Klopp gives FSG plenty of slack now, and all of Klopp's cultist followers make for slimy bedfellows with FSG shills.

Quick Reply