Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200553 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31579: Aug 06, 2017 12:35:00 pm
      Personally I don't see us as being only "one good transfer (VvD)" away from a team which can win either the title or C.L. but, I must admit, I'm loving your new found optimism Daz.

Didn't imply we'd win either mate, i'd just be happy we secured another one of our primary targets rather than panicking and doing another Balotelli.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #31580: Aug 06, 2017 12:35:57 pm
      Yea I want some of what he's smoking (that good Emirates stuff).

Signing VVD shouldn't even be up in the air at this point. He should have already been with the squad training and we should be trying to wrap up two or three other signings. It's amazing how people think we can challenge on all fronts with the small improvements we've made.

Incredible mate isn't it.

I think it's testament to the consistent lowering of expectations by our fan base over the last decade.

To think some are happy going in to a CL season with only three new signings when we are already struggling to stay up with the top clubs who have for the most part strenthened over the Summer with big money signings.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31581: Aug 06, 2017 12:38:14 pm

Well considering i didn't mention or imply we'd win either the league or champions league with VVD i'd assume only one person is smoking (that good Emirates stuff).

Quoted out of context...Yawn.

Its not the ideal situation, but it is what it is, if we can at least get one good transfer (VVD) over the line before the window shuts, i'll not be too disheartened.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #31582: Aug 06, 2017 12:38:27 pm
      Didn't imply we'd win either mate, i'd just be happy we secured another one of our primary targets rather than panicking and doing another Balotelli.

And if we don't secure any of our primary targets then won't signing another Balotelli be our own doing of we don't have secondary targets?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #31583: Aug 06, 2017 12:42:11 pm

Signing VVD shouldn't even be up in the air at this point. He should have already been with the squad training and we should be trying to wrap up two or three other signings. It's amazing how people think we can challenge on all fronts with the small improvements we've made.

I've not read a single post in which people are claiming we can challenge on all fronts, league is priority.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #31584: Aug 06, 2017 12:43:45 pm
      We haven't done much business on deadline day over the past few years but It would not surprise if we are hastily trying to get a couple over the line.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #31585: Aug 06, 2017 12:47:19 pm
      I've not read a single post in which people are claiming we can challenge on all fronts, league is priority.

Why shouldn't we be challenging on all fronts?

We have the money to bring in enough players to do so coupled with a world class manager.

What's the point of being in the CL if it's only a distraction to the domestic campaign?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31586: Aug 06, 2017 12:47:39 pm
      And if we don't secure any of our primary targets then won't signing another Balotelli be our own doing of we don't have secondary targets?

Then i'll join all you drama queens for synchronized wrist slashing.

Seriously though if we don't sign anyone the success or failures of the season will fall at the feet of the big German and I don't mean Emre Can.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31587: Aug 06, 2017 12:57:03 pm

My bad Daz; I assumed (wrongfully obviously) that, when you said you wouldn't be disheartened, with just VvD, you felt that's all we needed to win. Personally I'll be very disheartened if we [yet again] miss out on the players who can win us 19 but I get your drift.

For me tho', the truth is: NOT winning the League [and/or C.L.] with VvD is no F***ing different to NOT winning it with Balotelli.  :-\

Seriously though if we don't sign anyone the success or failures of the season will fall at the feet of the big German and I don't mean Emre Can.

In that you believe he's responsible for making sure signings happen [in "total control"] or that it will be his fault if he can't get the squad to win mate?  :confused-smiley-013:
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 01:09:33 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #31588: Aug 06, 2017 12:57:49 pm
      Then i'll join all you drama queens for synchronized wrist slashing.

And what then?

FSG sack Klopp for not meeting expectations?

Bring in yet another manager destined for failure?

I'm sure 4th will keep the money men happy though if we manage to do it again.

We're slowly turning in to Arsenal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #31589: Aug 06, 2017 01:04:26 pm

That in an of itself is a problem. So you don't think we should be winning trophies in all competitions?

Wow...FSG really have squashed expectations.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31590: Aug 06, 2017 01:06:49 pm
      Wow...FSG really have squashed expectations.

Only amongst easily brainwashed dumbfucks to be fair.   :nod:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #31591: Aug 06, 2017 01:07:29 pm

Why are those the only two options? Getting your primary target or buying crap?

Does everyone realize that there is another option....identify an equally talented or skilled player (or 2 or 3) that  you can target should you not be able to acquire your number one target?

We've heard so much about Jürgen's ability to develop and spot talent, I find it hard to believe he identifies one player for a position and if he can't get him he just decides not to buy anyone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31592: Aug 06, 2017 01:09:16 pm
      For me tho', the truth is: NOT winning the League [and/or C.L.] with VvD is no F***ing different to NOT winning it with Balotelli

Maybe not, but as with all signings i'd hope that we'd strengthened and progressed.

Over the last 3 seasons we've conceeded 140 league goals, an average of around 47 per campaign, if VVD and Robertson helped to get that down and the inclusion of Salah helped to keep up/increase our goals scored, I don't think we'd be in bad shape especially if we can Sturridge fit and he contributes how we know he can.

VVD, Keita and maybe one other i'd have been confident we could have had a crack at the title.

Like I said the success and failures will fall at Klopps feet.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31593: Aug 06, 2017 01:16:51 pm
      Maybe not, but as with all signings i'd hope that we'd strengthened and progressed.
      Progressed to what buddy; an Arsenal 'Top Four' Trophy? Seven years down the line; we need more than 'progression'.

VVD, Keita and maybe one other i'd have been confident we could have had a crack at the title.
      I reckon most feel the same if we are all being honest Daz but I'm still not sold on the notion that you wouldn't be disheartened at missing out on the title, yet again. I've known you too long to buy that buddy.

Like I said the success and failures will fall at Klopps feet.
      No probs Daz... I'll agree to disagree on that tho'.

Be good, catch you later.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31594: Aug 06, 2017 01:46:58 pm
      In that you believe he's responsible for making sure signings happen [in "total control"] or that it will be his fault if he can't get the squad to win mate?  :confused-smiley-013:

Could be many things, not identifying alternative signings to his preferences, in game management, tactics etc etc, ultimately he can't bemoan the fixture pile up lack of depth for any failures this season as it will be his own doing if we don't make any additions.

We were told months ago our targets were identified and most of the work was done, it became evident early on two of those transfers were going to be difficult to get over the line.

So we've had at least 2 months to identify alternatives, if Klopp hasn't done that and intends to go with the current squad without making any additions or deviate from his preferred targets then that decision lies solely at his feet win, lose or draw.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31595: Aug 06, 2017 01:51:42 pm
      The Boss is calm makes me calm.

We still have time.

Coming across is calm doesnt mean he is calm. We have no idea what hes thinking but hes certainly not going to show it.

I suspect if he was given truth serum hed tell us all hes up the wall
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31596: Aug 06, 2017 01:55:47 pm
      progressed.

Progressed to what buddy; an Arsenal 'Top Four' Trophy? Seven years down the line; we need more than 'progression'.

We've qualified for champions league twice since Rafa's final season, so yes id love us to do a Leicester and go win it, but if that doesn't happen i'd like a good showing in the champions league and qualification for the next seasons competition.

I love watching us compete against the best in Europe and we can only progress and win it if were in it, plus it makes us a more attractive proposition for players.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31597: Aug 06, 2017 01:57:08 pm
      Coming across is calm doesnt mean he is calm. We have no idea what hes thinking but hes certainly not going to show it.

I suspect if he was given truth serum hed tell us all hes up the wall

Thing is, he wants(ed) VVD and Keita.

So you know he isn't content with what he's got.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31598: Aug 06, 2017 02:01:38 pm
      Thing is, he wants(ed) VVD and Keita.

So you know he isn't content with what he's got.

Not only that. Lallana gone for 2 months. Sturridge suspect as always. And looking increasingly likely coutinho is going.

Why would he be calm? TAA Solanke Woodburn Ejaria and Kent, kids, will be heavily depended upon this season. Is that right or fair when supporters expect title challenges a run to at least the quarters of champ league?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31599: Aug 06, 2017 02:06:04 pm
      Why are those the only two options? Getting your primary target or buying crap?

I'm not saying it is, but it can happen.

Who's to say Klopps not confident of landing at least one of his preferred targets and is waiting to see how it pans out before moving on to an alternative ?

Windows still open anything can happen yet.

Any way im off to rip our lasses thong off, been digging it out of my arse crack all morning.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31600: Aug 06, 2017 02:06:10 pm
      Not chance we get top 4 next year even last season we just make top 4 playing one game week only thing is knock out cups early go for league
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31601: Aug 06, 2017 02:08:40 pm
      Keita won't be with us next year all big clubs will after him we end up in eupora league sorry manger going have spent over million plus next season

Quick Reply