Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178897 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31625: Aug 06, 2017 07:51:02 pm

Sakho is solid, faster and stronger than Matip who I've no doubt will get better and better. I'd have no qualms about either partnering VD.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31626: Aug 06, 2017 08:00:09 pm

I've never even heard of him.

Gotta try and find the time to watch more football.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31627: Aug 06, 2017 08:00:57 pm
      Well not know if they're prepared to sell until we make them an offer that appeals to them.

We'll submit an offer if they indicate they are willing to sell, which I imagine will happen if VVD rules himself out of contention for their opening game (we're treading thin water on this one). If it was as simple as submitting a bid, the bid like Keita would have been submitted for one of the managers preferred targets.

And what would Klopp have to sacrifice?

Buying a player he doesn't want as a stop gap, when the player he wants has indicated he wants to join and is trying to force his clubs hand.
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 08:05:05 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #31628: Aug 06, 2017 08:01:29 pm
      Thanks for the video. Still would love to hear from people that can tell us more of his game that HL don't show us.

Welcome to site bud.

YNWA

the dude had a chance to impress and F**k the mancs outta the europa cup,didn't.Bin him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #31629: Aug 06, 2017 08:03:51 pm
      I would be okay with that. How would y'all feel?

I thought he should have made up with Sakho a long time ago to be fair. But if he's going to use him as a plan "B" to VVD, don't you think it would have been a good idea to have him actually training with the first team?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31630: Aug 06, 2017 08:14:05 pm
      We'll submit an offer if they indicate they are willing to sell, which I imagine will happen if VVD rules himself out of contention for their opening game (we're treading thin water on this one). If it was as simple as submitting a bid, the bid like Keita would have been submitted for one of the managers preferred targets.

Buying a player he doesn't want as a stop gap, when the player he wants has indicated he wants to join and is trying to force his clubs hand.

Submit a bid, if they accept, great, if they reject unequivocally then he's not for sale!

You believe Klopp can't find another CB player that will improve or team? Waiting until next season is nonsense. There's no guarantee he will be sold then either.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31631: Aug 06, 2017 08:29:21 pm

Looks like a replacement for Coutinho :O
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31632: Aug 06, 2017 08:42:22 pm
      Submit a bid, if they accept, great, if they reject unequivocally then he's not for sale!

We can't we apologised very publicly and said we ended our interest, its up to VVD to force a move, saints to indicate that they are willing to sell.

If it was as simple as submitting a bid, we would have.

You believe Klopp can't find another CB player that will improve or team? Waiting until next season is nonsense. There's no guarantee he will be sold then either.

I'm not saying that, just the impression coming out of the club is its VVD or no one.

What I think is irrelevant, it won't change anything.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31633: Aug 06, 2017 09:08:15 pm
      We can't we apologised very publicly and said we ended our interest, its up to VVD to force a move, saints to indicate that they are willing to sell.

If it was as simple as submitting a bid, we would have.

I'm not saying that, just the impression coming out of the club is its VVD or no one.

What I think is irrelevant, it won't change anything.

I believe that once it became apparent that the price would be £50-£70 million we ended our interest!

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31634: Aug 06, 2017 09:30:39 pm
      Nobody else is coming. Milner and Moreno are like two new signings so don't put yourself through unnecessary anguish - just hope we don't get any more long term injuries.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31635: Aug 06, 2017 09:34:50 pm
      I believe that once it became apparent that the price would be £50-£70 million we ended our interest!

Believe what you want mate that's your choice, as I believe VVD will be a LFC player by the time the window closes.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31636: Aug 06, 2017 09:37:05 pm
      Believe what you want mate that's your choice, as I believe VVD will be a LFC player by the time the window closes.

Is he going to hand a transfer request in? I'm led to believe that's the only way it will happen!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31637: Aug 06, 2017 09:38:51 pm
      Nobody else is coming. Milner and Moreno are like two new signings so don't put yourself through unnecessary anguish - just hope we don't get any more long term injuries.

It not, will we here Klopp once again saying "maybe he SHOULD'VE strengthened".
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31638: Aug 06, 2017 09:49:23 pm
      Is he going to hand a transfer request in? I'm led to believe that's the only way it will happen!

I've no idea, but he ruled himself out of the early preseason games, Pellegrino offered him an olive branch to be reintroduced to the squad and play a part in the remaining preseason games, again he ruled himself out, now if he rules himself unavailable for their season opening game, he'll be sold imo, may take a transfer request, it may not.

£60/£70m to reinvest in your squad or a player who's refusing to play for you during your league campaign ?

Southampton maybe stubborn, maybe even hoped VVD would come round and be open to staying, but if VVD continues to dig his heels in, I don't they'll be stupid in detriment to their own season/aspirations.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #31639: Aug 06, 2017 09:53:47 pm
      I thought he should have made up with Sakho a long time ago to be fair. But if he's going to use him as a plan "B" to VVD, don't you think it would have been a good idea to have him actually training with the first team?

Yep
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31640: Aug 06, 2017 09:55:04 pm
      I've no idea, but he ruled himself out of the early preseason games, Pellegrino offered him an olive branch to be reintroduced to the squad and play a part in the remaining preseason games, again he ruled himself out, now if he rules himself unavailable for their season opening game, he'll be sold imo, may take a transfer request, it may not.

£60/£70m to reinvest in your squad or a player who's refusing to play for you during your league campaign ?

Southampton maybe stubborn, maybe even hoped VVD would come round and be open to staying, but if VVD continues to dig his heels in, I don't they'll be stupid in detriment to their own season/aspirations.

If we leave it to the last minute Southampton won't have time to replace him. There's no reason why we haven't put a bid in already.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31641: Aug 06, 2017 10:07:22 pm
      If we leave it to the last minute Southampton won't have time to replace him. There's no reason why we haven't put a bid in already.

Being reported to the FA for tapping up, subsequent very public apology dropping our interest is good enough reason.

We won't reignite our interest 'publicly' unless Southampton indicate they want to sell, VVD hands in a transfer request or another club has a bid accepted.

He'll be ours by the end of the window imo, we just have to be patient and I believe that's what Klopp is doing (being patient)
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 10:16:02 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #31642: Aug 06, 2017 10:13:49 pm
      I ain't gonna panic. A big part of it is that I feel FSG really are letting Klopp run this. Just saw Wenger say that more lads will leave before window closes, hope one of them is Ox to us.

We get Ox
      We get VVD
      Couthino stays
      We win the league
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31643: Aug 06, 2017 10:15:59 pm
      Being reported to the FA for tapping up, subsequent very public apology dropping our interest is good enough reason.

We won't reignite our interest unless Southampton indicate they want to sell, VVD hands in a transfer request or another club has a bid accepted.

He'll be ours by the end of the window imo, we just have to be patient and I believe that's what Klopp is doing (being patient)

I'm of a similar mindset Daz. I still think we'll get VvD, everything I've heard since I passed on what my mate said appears to back that up. VvD is pushing matters as much as he can without an official request but if it gets that far I believe he will.

Saints will also be well aware that they have a player that is training alone, could well refuse to play, while they're getting tonked in pre-season. While I have sympathy with them and with the boot being on the other foot when it comes to Coutinho we're demanding the opposite I just feel the deal will get done.

Thankfully when it comes to Coutinho I don't believe he's the rebellious type and has friends here such as Firmino and Moreno who will pull him into line once the season kicks off. Now I don't know the Saints dressing room dynamic but it's clear now that VvD will do all he can to manufacture the move and it's crucial for us that he does.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31644: Aug 06, 2017 10:25:18 pm
      I'm of a similar mindset Daz. I still think we'll get VvD, everything I've heard since I passed on what my mate said appears to back that up. VvD is pushing matters as much as he can without an official request but if it gets that far I believe he will.

Whisper it quietly mate but if Klopp was in contact pre and post Blackpool with VVD, he's probably still in contact now and will have a real good idea of VVD and his agents intentions.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31645: Aug 06, 2017 11:13:37 pm
      I doubt Klopp is in contact with him. If Van Dijk hands in a transfer request to forfit bonus I think if Liverpool offer 68m through the right channels deal is done and dusted. It is upto Van Dijk what is most important to him, money or big nights as Anfield.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31646: Aug 06, 2017 11:18:55 pm

Southampton have already brought in a new CB they have 3 others they have kept or brought up form their U23's

They are a selling club, they aren't going to take the money and buy a top rated CB.

Jan Bednarek has arrived at St Mary’s from Lech Posnan, the 21-year-old signing a five-year deal, while Jack Stephens, 23, has agreed a new five-year contract with the club.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-sign-new-centre-back-13267515
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31647: Aug 06, 2017 11:23:47 pm
      We're we up to so far:

Klopp is toeing the company line.

Fsg are still stingy cu*ts.

We're still monitoring the situation of every active player in the transfer market.

........And every player back from injury before or on August 31st will be like a new signing

P.s Coutinho is still not for sale!! Nudge nudge, wink wink

That about cover all our newsworthy stuff at the moment.

Quick Reply