Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180621 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31648: Aug 06, 2017 11:36:07 pm
      We're we up to so far:

Klopp is toeing the company line.

Fsg are still stingy cu*ts.

We're still monitoring the situation of every active player in the transfer market.

........And every player back from injury before or on August 31st will be like a new signing

P.s Coutinho is still not for sale!! Nudge nudge, wink wink

That about cover all our newsworthy stuff at the moment.

Van Dijk and Keita are our priority targets, but we don't really need them 😂
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31649: Aug 06, 2017 11:39:38 pm

He didn't say that at all.

He said that he wouldn't "just buy one for the sake of it" and also said:

“We have the need, we have some, but you don’t take any. It doesn’t work. I don’t see it (the defence) as a concern.

To me that's frustration bubbling through if I'm honest. He has to back the players he has, that's obvious. The "we have the need" tells you all you need to know in my opinion. If I had to expand on it he's probably been offered alternative options and said "get to F**k" with those ideas to those behind him.

He wants improvements rather than numbers, as we all want, quality over quantity at this stage but I think it would frighten any of us to be starting more than the odd game with Klavan and Gomez as our CB pairing.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31650: Aug 06, 2017 11:40:59 pm
      https://twitter.com/nikpostinger/status/894326186096111616

Makes a good point that fella. (courtesy of Corbs)

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31651: Aug 06, 2017 11:43:30 pm
      I doubt Klopp is in contact with him

;D, you always this naive ?

He was in contact with him through last season right up until tapping up storm, if you genuinely believe he's not still in contact with both player and agent you're still wet behind the ears and have a lot to learn.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31652: Aug 06, 2017 11:54:19 pm
      Not only that. Lallana gone for 2 months. Sturridge suspect as always. And looking increasingly likely coutinho is going.

Why would he be calm? TAA Solanke Woodburn Ejaria and Kent, kids, will be heavily depended upon this season. Is that right or fair when supporters expect title challenges a run to at least the quarters of champ league?

In fairness, it was pretty much the same last summer. People were patting themselves on the back regarding how good our squad looked. With expectations that the younger lads on the periphery will come in and do a job.

As we saw though, it was a massive step up for most of those kids, and a bridge too far for them. At the moment, I only really see Solanke and perhaps TAA as the one who could break into the team without too much worry. I'm all for giving the likes of Woodburn and Kent their minutes here and there but I wouldn't burden them and become reliant on them for title challenges, FA cup, CL cup. After watching Gomez against Bilbao, in my mind he's clearly not ready for first team action, neither is Ejaria.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31653: Aug 07, 2017 12:12:26 am
      He didn't say that at all.

He said that he wouldn't "just buy one for the sake of it" and also said:

“We have the need, we have some, but you don’t take any. It doesn’t work. I don’t see it (the defence) as a concern.

To me that's frustration bubbling through if I'm honest. He has to back the players he has, that's obvious. The "we have the need" tells you all you need to know in my opinion. If I had to expand on it he's probably been offered alternative options and said "get to F**k" with those ideas to those behind him.

He wants improvements rather than numbers, as we all want, quality over quantity at this stage but I think it would frighten any of us to be starting more than the odd game with Klavan and Gomez as our CB pairing.

Klopp will obviously not say what he's feeling regarding how slow our transfer committee conduct business, but I've no doubt he's frustrated.
      Mourinho wants a player, boom is done, Conte the same, Pep wants, Pep gets! 
      It's bloody ridiculous how unprofessional we look from! We're making this look harder than it needs to be.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31654: Aug 07, 2017 12:12:53 am

According to Klopp, he and his recruitment team are already setting deals in motion, with no deal “too expensive” for the club.

“We could have done with one or two players in January, when we had injury problems and the Africa Cup, but the transfer window didn’t give us any opportunity,” he explained.
      “The club have never said to me that a certain figure is too expensive; that has not happened yet and I don’t expect it to happen.

“We all have the same plan, the sporting director, scouting department, owners, myself.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/not-money-Jürgen-klopp-insists-liverpool-can-spend-big-summer/

You leave no room for margins...

So tell us

1. Klopp is a fumbling bumbling Inspector Clouseau type manager that somehow finds himself at the top of world football...though he hasn't a clue as to how he got there. The owners are professionals at hiring naive managers that they can hoodwink and Jürgen is no exception...he will tow the party line because he is told to and believes everything will be OK.

or.

2. Klopp is in bed with the owners....perhaps he is getting % cut of every bit of money he saves on transfers and sell on that he has developed. The club and manager submit bids and know they won't be accepted and have no intention at all of spending any money but they do it to placate the supporters. They will asset strip this club together and laugh all the way to the bank.

Which is it oh lord of the tinfoil?

Because what comes out of your mouth is in direct contradiction to what the managers says.

So is he naive or ruthless?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31655: Aug 07, 2017 01:05:16 am

According to Klopp, he and his recruitment team are already setting deals in motion, with no deal “too expensive” for the club.

“We could have done with one or two players in January, when we had injury problems and the Africa Cup, but the transfer window didn’t give us any opportunity,” he explained.
      “The club have never said to me that a certain figure is too expensive; that has not happened yet and I don’t expect it to happen.

“We all have the same plan, the sporting director, scouting department, owners, myself.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/not-money-Jürgen-klopp-insists-liverpool-can-spend-big-summer/

So tell us

1. Klopp is a fumbling bumbling Inspector Clouseau type manager that somehow finds himself at the top of world football...though he hasn't a clue as to how he got there. The owners are professionals at hiring naive managers that they can hoodwink and Jürgen is no exception...he will tow the party line because he is told to and believes everything will be OK.

or.

2. Klopp is in bed with the owners....perhaps he is getting % cut of every bit of money he saves on transfers and sell on that he has developed. The club and manager submit bids and know they won't be accepted and have no intention at all of spending any money but they do it to placate the supporters. They will asset strip this club together and laugh all the way to the bank.

Because what comes out of your mouth is in direct contradiction to what the managers says.

Peter Moore said that Edwards and Klopp are in charge of transfers and Klopp has stated that they start and end with him so it's pretty cut and dry who is at fault if we don't strengthen and it comes back to bite us.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31656: Aug 07, 2017 01:11:58 am

So tell us

or.

First of all if your going to use insults, go F**k off 👍 Secondly, what load of sh*t you just posted! Neither of those opinions are my opinion.

Jürgen got where he is today by being a good all round manager. He was able to put together a team of good players on a shoe string budget, and get the best out of those players through his methods.
      This would almost certainly have appealed to FSG, given that developing players was their preferred strategy.

Do I believe Jürgen will tow the party line? To the extent that he wouldn't publicly show his frustration at missing out on his priority targets, yes!
      Jürgen has said in the past that's it not his money, I believe he will work with what he has if needs be, and enjoys the satisfaction of developing players  (as well he should).
      As good a manager as Klopp is, I believe the main reason he was chosen over Anceloti was down to his ability to find and develop players on the cheap if needed. The premiere league is at a level now where it would be nearly impossible to do what Klopp achieved at Dortmund without spending considerable money, so even "cheap" now could mean £20 million.
      Klopp didn't want a certain player last season because he thought the price was too high! That's a player he wanted that he could've, but choose not to. That was wrong imo, if FSG really are prepared to back Jürgen financially he should let them, and stop worrying about the money.

So which is it Jürgen? Is money no object as you said, or are you restricted in what can be spent?
      « Last Edit: Aug 07, 2017 01:17:43 am by ORCHARD RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #31657: Aug 07, 2017 01:21:26 am

Sssssssssh or we'll need the apology department again!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31658: Aug 07, 2017 01:23:22 am
      First of all if your going to use insults, go f**k off 👍 Secondly, what load of sh*t you just posted! Neither of those opinions are my opinion.

Jürgen got where he is today by being a good all round manager. He was able to put together a team of good players on a shoe string budget, and get the best out of those players through his methods.
      This would almost certainly have appealed to FSG, given that developing players was their preferred strategy.

Do I believe Jürgen will tow the party line? To the extent that he wouldn't publicly show his frustration at missing out on his priority targets, yes!
      Jürgen has said in the past that's it not his money, I believe he will work with what he has if needs be, and enjoys the satisfaction of developing players  (as well he should).
      As good a manager as Klopp is, I believe the main reason he was chosen over Anceloti was down to his ability to find and develop players on the cheap if needed. The premiere league is at a level now where it would be nearly impossible to do what Klopp achieved at Dortmund without spending considerable money, so even "cheap" now could mean £20 million.
      Klopp didn't want a certain player last season because he thought the price was too high! That's a player he wanted that he could've, but choose not to. That was wrong imo, if FSG really are prepared to back Jürgen financially he should let them, and stop worrying about the money.

You mention klopp being chosen for his ability to do things on the cheap. Again great no issue with that. But why have the club and im fairly sure Jürgen said it to said money no object etc? Talking the talk again with no back up. fu**ed up the VVD deal weeks back talking big in the press. Keita no issue RB didnt want to sell. So we had 3 players earmarked? Those 2 and salah. How can utd pull of the matic deal in a fsw days no fuss? City get walker etc but we get Salah after weeks of barganing and thats it? Serious question marks and the boss is part of that
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31659: Aug 07, 2017 01:42:08 am
      So which is it Jürgen? Is money no object as you said, or are you restricted in what can be spent?

Maybe he only want's certain players?

Sick to sh*t of this conspiracy crap all the time.

Everybody on this board want's better players...sometimes we get them...sometimes we don't it does not however mean that there is some nefarious bogey man lurking in the shadows to destroy everything.

What it might be is he has a higher regard for this squad than you do...he said he only want't to buy players that are better than what he had.

Now if we don't strengthen at all and we end up short who's fault is it going to be the manager?...Michael Edwards or the owners?

Which is it?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31660: Aug 07, 2017 01:44:10 am
      Peter Moore said that Edwards and Klopp are in charge of transfers and Klopp has stated that they start and end with him so it's pretty cut and dry who is at fault if we don't strengthen and it comes back to bite us.

No no no ....it's got to be someone elses fault...the manager is being hoodwinked and is restricted on who he can buy.

Keita and VVD are the perfect examples....we won't bid on VVD because the price went up and the Keita bids were only put in because we knew the would not be accepted.

This is all a ploy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31661: Aug 07, 2017 02:02:22 am
      No no no ....it's got to be someone elses fault...the manager is being hoodwinked and is restricted on who he can buy.

Keita and VVD are the perfect examples....we won't bid on VVD because the price went up and the Keita bids were only put in because we knew the would not be accepted.

This is all a ploy.

You do realize that it's not a good thing if it we don't strengthen and it lays at the feet of Klopp as opposed to the owners. You seem almost happy that the owners can wash their hands of blame in this?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31662: Aug 07, 2017 02:24:23 am
      You do realize that it's not a good thing if it we don't strengthen and it lays at the feet of Klopp as opposed to the owners. You seem almost happy that the owners can wash their hands of blame in this?

I absolutely agree that it would be negligent to not strengthening before this window closes.

I think there should have been an option 2 to Keita and an option 2-3-4 to VVD....and would say considering Sakho has been frozen out we need 2 CB's because I am not really sold on Klaven or Gomez as a #4 I think right now one of the two would be an OK #5.

I take the manager for his word that money is there..there are no issues and that he only want's to buy better than we currently have right now. I do not agree with him that the only 2 players better than what we have are VVD and Keita but that is his choice and he will have to answer up if we run into issues again with depth as too why none has been added.

On the other hand...

I could go with the popular assessment that it's those bas**rds over at FSG that are holding the manager back and not letting him have the players he wants...the bids for Keita was the work of FSG & Edwards as a publicity scam knowing all along that Jürgen would keep his mouth closed and tow the company line.

The first scenario would be the rational and logical choice.

The second scenario is the popular choice but also the most worrying to me because if it was true then the manager must be the most gullible fool in the world or worse even nothing but a con man in disguise.

On a personal level I think the manger is given a budget to operate and I think he has more pull than Edwards or the CEO when it comes to FSG...they put all there eggs in his basket and there is nowhere to go but downhill for them if he fails. To me I think we still get VVD and if not there is another CB out there that we will bring in as a stop-gap....I don't think there is a plan B for Keita as I think the manager wanted Keita whether he was a midfielder, a winger or a goalie...he wanted the individual not the position.

I would personally rather buy top quality and miss a few then blow money on crap player's just so the net spend can look good....again though there must be another CB that we will turn to if VVD does not happen; if not then despite the howling that FSG once again did not back the manager I myself would have to blame Jürgen for not addressing an issue that is so glaringly obvious.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31663: Aug 07, 2017 05:19:33 am
      Maybe he only want's certain players?

Sick to sh*t of this conspiracy crap all the time.

Everybody on this board want's better players...sometimes we get them...sometimes we don't it does not however mean that there is some nefarious bogey man lurking in the shadows to destroy everything.

What it might be is he has a higher regard for this squad than you do...he said he only want't to buy players that are better than what he had.

Now if we don't strengthen at all and we end up short who's fault is it going to be the manager?...Michael Edwards or the owners?

Which is it?

Of course he only wants certain players, every manager does. I've no problem with him targeting lads that suit his style and I'm sure he has told Edwards to only target these types.

As for only buying better than what we have. We had a whole bench of players last season which could be improved on.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31664: Aug 07, 2017 05:37:21 am
      Of course he only wants certain players, every manager does. I've no problem with him targeting lads that suit his style and I'm sure he has told Edwards to only target these types.

As for only buying better than what we have. We had a whole bench of players last season which could be improved on.

The boss admits it is not easy to find players superior to those already at his disposal – an opinion that is sure to irk those who feel the squad has too many mediocre individuals in it.

“There’s two possibilities to strengthen the squad: one is to get better players, the other is to get players with similar quality to what you have,” he added.

It’s difficult to get better players, because the ones we have are already really good. If you get the same quality, then the age group that they’re in means that very big steps are possible for everyone – the new players and the ones already at the club.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/07/Jürgen-klopp-says-not-afraid-spend-seeks-better-players-already/

Ok so you and the manger disagree on the quality of players....that's fine and impossible to argue against because one person's opinion players vs another; one only needs to look at the old Lucas, Henderson, Can threads and probably every player thread since this forum was opened up to see people disagree on the quality of players.

I have Zero issue with that as I also agree that there are better players available that what we have.

So where is the conspiracy coming from? Because every third post from you is about some type of restriction on the manager (though he say's none exist)....bids being made for the players he want's but that are getting made with no intention of them being fulfilled because we won't spend and they are phantom bids (though the manager say's that money is not an issue at all.)

So again either the manager is a a friggen idiot that can easily be manipulated, a shyster yes man for the owners....or your just over the top on conspiracies?

Which is it, I am really curious to know?
      « Last Edit: Aug 07, 2017 05:42:48 am by AZPatriot »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31665: Aug 07, 2017 05:57:34 am
      The boss admits it is not easy to find players superior to those already at his disposal – an opinion that is sure to irk those who feel the squad has too many mediocre individuals in it.

“There’s two possibilities to strengthen the squad: one is to get better players, the other is to get players with similar quality to what you have,” he added.

It’s difficult to get better players, because the ones we have are already really good. If you get the same quality, then the age group that they’re in means that very big steps are possible for everyone – the new players and the ones already at the club.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/07/Jürgen-klopp-says-not-afraid-spend-seeks-better-players-already/

Ok so you and the manger disagree on the quality of players....that's fine and impossible to argue against because one person's opinion players vs another; one only needs to look at the old Lucas, Henderson, Can threads and probably every player thread since this forum was opened up to see people disagree on the quality of players.

I have Zero issue with that as I also agree that there are better players available that what we have.

So where is the conspiracy coming from? Because every third post from you is about some type of restriction on the manager (though he say's none exist)....bids being made for the players he want's but that are getting made with no intention of them being fulfilled because we won't spend and they are phantom bids (though the manager say's that money is not an issue at all.)

So again either the manager is a a friggen idiot that can easily be manipulated, a shyster yes man for the owners....or your just over the top on conspiracies?

Which is it, I am really curious to know?

The thing is AZ, Jürgen has only been here for a couple of seasons, FSG have been here a lot longer, and I've formed my opinion of them based on all there time here. It's no conspiracy theory that they want the Arsenal model for our club, they literally said it. Our net spend since they arrived is embarrassing for owners claiming they want to take us back to the top.

If we have a poor transfer window I WILL blame Jürgen, if he (along with Edwards) can't find players (anywhere in the world) that will improve or weak squad I'll be very disappointed. I completely trust Jürgen as a manager, wouldn't want to replace him with anyone ATM, but he need to worry less about looking like a sell out for buying expensive players rather than developing them.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31666: Aug 07, 2017 06:06:59 am
      The thing is AZ, Jürgen has only been here for a couple of seasons, FSG have been here a lot longer, and I've formed my opinion of them based on all there time here. It's no conspiracy theory that they want the Arsenal model for our club, they literally said it. Our net spend since they arrived is embarrassing for owners claiming they want to take us back to the top.

If we have a poor transfer window I WILL blame Jürgen, if he (along with Edwards) can't find players (anywhere in the world) that will improve or weak squad I'll be very disappointed. I completely trust Jürgen as a manager, wouldn't want to replace him with anyone ATM, but he need to worry less about looking like a sell out for buying expensive players rather than developing them.

Fair enough....and fair enough on your opinion on ownership which I don't necessarily disagree with either.

I get tired of hearing conspiracy crap more than I do of not signing players.

No club launches 60 million bids as a ruse or with the expectation of failure or as a publicity stunt. Manager wanted him and he was not for sale at the price the club (ie the manager) was willing to pay.

The failure will be not strengthening when plan A goes arwy and that failure does and should land on the two individuals in charge of getting it done.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31667: Aug 07, 2017 06:29:47 am

“It’s difficult to get better players, because the ones we have are already really good. If you get the same quality, then the age group that they’re in means that very big steps are possible for everyone – the new players and the ones already at the club.

If he cannot find players superior to what he's got already, then he needs to start filling that trophy cabinet if he's got such a great squad/team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31668: Aug 07, 2017 07:39:16 am
      “It’s difficult to get better players, because the ones we have are already really good.

Find it hard to believe we can't find players better than the likes of Lovren, Moreno, Milner or even Henderson and Can.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31669: Aug 07, 2017 08:43:12 am
      I would personally rather buy top quality and miss a few then blow money on crap players
      I get you... a lot of us have been saying that for years. 😎

However, where you see no fault in FSG, I know (and it's well documented, quotes et al) that FSG policy lead to exactly that happening in the past.

Kenny was sacked, Brendan was sacked; why? Because the teams they chose, from what was available, did not perform to the highest level.

Why then, is it unfair to point out that the teams FSG chose, from what was available, have failed at the highest level and for a lot longer?

The answer: just bad luck or "It wasn't me... a big boy done it and run away." 😄

Seriously... only a F***ing moron would still deny the exsistence of a "philosophy" and transfer policy which transcends managers. That "philosophy" is driven, on behalf of FSG, by Edwards: simply ignoring that truth doesn't make it less true. That "philosophy" has failed time and again... why the F**k deny it?

Jürgen bought these cu*ts 3 (maybe 4) more seasons before the moronic masses turn on him should things go tits up. And... when they [the F***ing morons] do, FSG will be happy to get rid... "philosophy" intact.

You can bring a moron to water but you can't make it drink. 😒
      « Last Edit: Aug 07, 2017 09:25:49 am by bad boy bubby »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #31670: Aug 07, 2017 09:20:17 am
      Klopp and Sakho will probably hug it out and he'll be like another new signing.

Then there will be a massive melt down on these boards

That will *never* happen. Sakho is history at LFC. Sakho should have done what Klopp told him last summer - go on a loan -
       he didn't -end of. Unfortunately, he is not getting any offers, even £25m from CP and he will be off.

Quick Reply