Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212431 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32039: Aug 19, 2017 05:15:25 pm
      He's done nothing since leaving

That has nothing to do with when he was here. I'm not interested in how he has done since he left.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #32040: Aug 19, 2017 05:20:56 pm
      That has nothing to do with when he was here. I'm not interested in how he has done since he left.

It does have something to do with when he was here. The fact he has done nothing suggests that even if he was 'given a fair chance' he'd have been equally sh*t
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #32041: Aug 19, 2017 05:28:12 pm
      Ten.

Allen, Balotelli, Cissokho, Llori, Moses, Assiadi, Yesil, Sahin, Coates, Bellamy.

Add Suarez and Carroll to the list.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32042: Aug 19, 2017 05:46:04 pm
      It does have something to do with when he was here. The fact he has done nothing suggests that even if he was 'given a fair chance' he'd have been equally sh*t

No it doesn't and that is up there with one of the most ridiculous statements I've read lately, what a whopper!
      Torres was absolute crap when he left us, does that mean he was as equally crap for us?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32043: Aug 19, 2017 05:47:47 pm
      Add Suarez and Carroll to the list.

January window, this is summer window comparison.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #32044: Aug 19, 2017 05:50:50 pm
      No it doesn't and that is up there with one of the most ridiculous statements I've read lately, what a whopper!
      Torres was absolute crap when he left us, does that mean he was as equally crap for us?

You talk a lot of nonsense sometimes
      Sahin was here for 6 months and showed a few glimpses but was disappointing. He has since done next to nothing in his career, leading me to conclude we seen him at his level which wasn't good enough. We were no great shakes when he was with us and he couldn't get in that early phase BR side. I don't know what you're talking about with Torres completely different scenario.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32045: Aug 19, 2017 06:02:20 pm
      You talk a lot of nonsense sometimes

Coming from you? :laugh:

Sahin was here for 6 months and showed a few glimpses but was disappointing. He has since done next to nothing in his career, leading me to conclude we seen him at his level which wasn't good enough. We were no great shakes when he was with us and he couldn't get in that early phase BR side.

So he showed a few glimpses. But you are also saying he couldn't get into the side. He couldn't get into the side because he wasn't what Rodgers wanted basically, never gave him a fair shot or played him where he's at his best. Them glimpses were shown when he was played in his natural position.
      Mascherano couldn't get into the West Ham side and was playing for the reserves because he wasn't suited to how Pardew(?) wanted him to play. Just because a player can't get into a side isn't always a reflection of their ability.

I don't know what you're talking about with Torres completely different scenario.

No it's not. You are just trying to backtrack. You said he has done nothing since leaving us and on that basis you think that he'd have been crap for us. Yet Torres, if you go by the same reasoning should have been crap for us because he's been awful since the day he left.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #32046: Aug 19, 2017 06:17:53 pm
      Coming from you? :laugh:

So he showed a few glimpses. But you are also saying he couldn't get into the side. He couldn't get into the side because he wasn't what Rodgers wanted basically, never gave him a fair shot or played him where he's at his best. Them glimpses were shown when he was played in his natural position.
      Mascherano couldn't get into the West Ham side and was playing for the reserves because he wasn't suited to how Pardew(?) wanted him to play. Just because a player can't get into a side isn't always a reflection of their ability.

No it's not. You are just trying to backtrack. You said he has done nothing since leaving us and on that basis you think that he'd have been crap for us. Yet Torres, if you go by the same reasoning should have been crap for us because he's been awful since the day he left.

So by your reasoning Jürgen Klopp must have failed Sahin as much as BR did as he nowhere near hit the heights in his second spell at Dortmund. Was he not what Klopp wanted? Did Klopp not give him a fair chance or play him in his preferred position?

To use the Torres example I don't think I have once heard Fernando Torres' decline blamed on Carlo Ancelotti or Rafa Benitez or Jose Mourinho or Diego Simeone. He was on a decline when he left us physically and that has played out since. If you examine the evidence I think you'll agree Sahin was the same, nothing to do with Brendan Rodgers and more to do with the bad knee injury he sustained almost immediately after joining Madrid
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32047: Aug 19, 2017 06:42:10 pm
      So by your reasoning Jürgen Klopp must have failed Sahin as much as BR did as he nowhere near hit the heights in his second spell at Dortmund. Was he not what Klopp wanted? Did Klopp not give him a fair chance or play him in his preferred position?

Seeing as he played near on 70 times in the first couple of seasons since his return to Dortmund under Klopp, as well as getting a few goals and a number of assists, I think he done alright there. In fact, even with us he managed 3 goals and 3 assists in just 12 appearances, so if you think that's not good enough for a player who he himself has said he failed with us because of Rodgers, then that's good for you.

To use the Torres example I don't think I have once heard Fernando Torres' decline blamed on Carlo Ancelotti or Rafa Benitez or Jose Mourinho or Diego Simeone. He was on a decline when he left us physically and that has played out since. If you examine the evidence I think you'll agree Sahin was the same, nothing to do with Brendan Rodgers and more to do with the bad knee injury he sustained almost immediately after joining Madrid

Make up your mind. You say it's not to do with managers but then try questioning whether Klopp failed Sahin on his return to Dortmund but then acknowledge he suffered a bad knee injury in his career which probably set him back. Sahin has said he failed with us because of Rodgers, so that goes to show the extent of his situation with us, he didn't have a chance since day 1.
      Who's blaming Torres' decline on his managers?
      Examine the evidence? What of 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 appearances, whilst being a bit part player out of position? I'd say that's evidence enough to suggest that had he been given a proper chance with us, he could well have gone on to become a very important player for us.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #32048: Aug 19, 2017 07:34:26 pm

Make up your mind. You say it's not to do with managers but then try questioning whether Klopp failed Sahin on his return to Dortmund but then acknowledge he suffered a bad knee injury in his career which probably set him back. Sahin has said he failed with us because of Rodgers, so that goes to show the extent of his situation with us, he didn't have a chance since day 1.
      Who's blaming Torres' decline on his managers?
      Examine the evidence? What of 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 appearances, whilst being a bit part player out of position? I'd say that's evidence enough to suggest that had he been given a proper chance with us, he could well have gone on to become a very important player for us.

Do you have a problem conceding points different to your own? Are you always right in your little world?
      Nuri Sahin has played for Dortmund in the league 21 times in the past 3 seasons, spanning ages 25-28 a midfielders peak. How does this lead you to conclude that in the same space of time he could have contributed something to Liverpool?
      You neeed to make up your mind. I am not questioning Klopp on Sahin or Ancelotti on Torres it is you questioning BR on Sahin. I am simply then drawing a line that he played under Klopp directly after BR. He did OK initially, nothing to match the form that got a move to Madrid but has been bit past three seasons, playing under both Klopp and Tuchel in that time. Where am I missing that its all BRs fault?
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #32049: Aug 19, 2017 08:10:01 pm
      TIA reporting Liverpool has received an 'ultimatum' from Barca......If true, Fkin laughable.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32050: Aug 19, 2017 11:38:43 pm

Do you have a problem conceding points different to your own? Are you always right in your little world?
      Nuri Sahin has played for Dortmund in the league 21 times in the past 3 seasons, spanning ages 25-28 a midfielders peak. How does this lead you to conclude that in the same space of time he could have contributed something to Liverpool?
      You neeed to make up your mind. I am not questioning Klopp on Sahin or Ancelotti on Torres it is you questioning BR on Sahin. I am simply then drawing a line that he played under Klopp directly after BR. He did OK initially, nothing to match the form that got a move to Madrid but has been bit past three seasons, playing under both Klopp and Tuchel in that time. Where am I missing that its all BRs fault?

Again, coming from you?
      Im not on about the last 3 seasons, I'm talking about the 2 prior to that when you started to question whether Klopp done right by him and when he played near on 70 times, unless you think Klopp wasn't his manager then but was for the last 3 years? You keep on spinning it though lad.
      It's not hard to miss that it's BRs fault, the lad said himself it was BR the reason he didn't settle... played out of position and used as a bit part player even though he contributed 3 goals and 3 assists in the 12 appearances. Probably because BR didn't get his precious Dempsey and had his precious Joe Allen. Not sure how you aren't understanding this...

You know what, I've got to ask...Everything alright soft lad? I can see you've got your heart set on this so whatever you say, you keep back tracking and twisting things  :gt-happyup:
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017 11:52:49 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #32051: Aug 20, 2017 07:17:49 am

Again, coming from you?

Im not on about the last 3 seasons.

Keep saying 'coming from you' rather than making a valid argument big boy it's working wonders for you.
      Glad we're getting somewhere though. You concede he's been pretty anonymous past 3 seasons at Dortmund, seasons 14/15, 15/16, 16/17.

I'm talking about the 2 prior to that when you started to question whether Klopp done right by him and when he played near on 70 times, unless you think Klopp wasn't his manager then but was for the last 3 years?

Here you are referring to seasons 12/13 and 13/14
      - 12/13 : appears in 17 league games for Dortmund starting 9. 3 goals 3 assists. He appears in 7 champions league games at Dortmund go to final, doesn't appear to start any of those games, no goals or assists

- 13/14 : appears in all 34 league games, starting 31. 2 goals 3 assists. He appears in 10 champions league games, starting 9 no goals no assists
      (https://www.fctables.com/players/nuri_sahin-293674/)

If those numbers, playing under Klopp leave you to conclude he'd have been tearing it up with us don't know what to tell you mate

It's not hard to miss that it's BRs fault, the lad said himself it was BR the reason he didn't settle... played out of position and used as a bit part player even though he contributed 3 goals and 3 assists in the 12 appearances. Probably because BR didn't get his precious Dempsey and had his precious Joe Allen. Not sure how you aren't understanding this...

Not really interested what he did in the league cup he appeared in 7 PL games 1 goal 1 assist.

So theres the numbers my man. If your conclusion is Bredan Rodgers deprived us of a superstar for 2 years (whom we'd have likely had given a 4-5 years contract to hence would have been lumbered with since) well let's agree to differ
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #32052: Aug 20, 2017 09:43:40 am
      So who we gonna sign today then?
      Kopite78
      Reply #32053: Aug 20, 2017 09:46:31 am

😂

Oh wait... here's today's signings, and the rest of the window below

💤
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32054: Aug 20, 2017 09:51:08 am
      Whatever did happen to those posters of a few months back who berated and belittled anyone who dared to suggest that perhaps it might be an idea to sign someone? Oh how they laughed at the "impatience" and the "complete fuckwittery" of anyone who suggested time was tick tocking along.

Normally they ended their posts with loads of these  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:.

Whatever did happen to them?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #32055: Aug 20, 2017 10:05:37 am
      Whatever did happen to those posters of a few months back who berated and belittled anyone who dared to suggest that perhaps it might be an idea to sign someone? Oh how they laughed at the "impatience" and the "complete fuckwittery" of anyone who suggested time was tick tocking along.

Remember it well mate 'it's still early, no one has done business yet, season doesn't start for another 7 weeks'.

Well now look at us. fu**ed.

Know what I don't understand, surely we are working on these deals all season so by the time the window opens it should be a formality? Unless we are sat there with our thumbs up our arses then the window opens and we decide 'oh time to get to work then'.

This window is up there with the worst I've seen from the club given how we all were led to believe we had a fortune to spend and would consolidate our CL position.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32056: Aug 20, 2017 10:07:21 am

Not sure if I did that but it was amusing with the number of people who were losing their sh*t even before the window had started. From my pov I'm still chilled, there's still tiem and we will strengthen, I feel very confident about that.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32057: Aug 20, 2017 10:21:46 am
      Oh wait... here's today's signings, and the rest of the window below...

Tut tut.  :angry-smiley-034:

Don't ya know; 'Top quality signings take time'*/' Jürgen had all our [top] signings made by 22 July 2016'*?

*delete where appropriate - are you on flip or flop mode?

Teasing aside; either way, for whatever reason and irrespective who one blames, (i.e. actual ineptitude of real people or just gosh, darn, bad luck, yet again, dag-nabbit)...

This window has been, like so many before recently, messy as F**k. 🙄

Sad thing is; If our newbies (for whom THIS window will be THE defining one) stick around, my guess is the penny will drop with them too. 😔
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #32058: Aug 20, 2017 10:24:55 am

I'm a firm advocate of reviewing a window once it's closed mate.....but I don't think I'm one that's berated anybody for getting stressed......however if I was a bit snarky it might've been the cheap Canarian beer on my sabbatical ;)

For what it's worth I still think there'll be a couple comings / goings before it closes.

Always been my suspicion that Phil would go and there'd be some big money spent after.......IF we secure Champs League.

With FSG I honestly can't tell if that's a fan's eternal optimism (signings), an old cynic's pessimism (Wee Phil) or just battle hardened pragmatism (sell & buy).

Tick tock.......
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #32059: Aug 20, 2017 10:27:43 am

And you're supposed to be a grown man, aren't you? This is just a childish post TBH. Just because people had different opinions when the transfer window just started, does not mean that they belittled or laughed at others for being "impatient".

You are just over exaggerating the point of them having a different opinion than yours. I was one of those who called for patience when the window had just started, but I'm(or "those posters" are) disappointed too like any other red over here. But I see people have made it a habit of making fun of others just because they were proven "right" by posting phrases like " Its just May/June/July/August" or in your posts like yours. Its disgusting and childish to be fair. But, hey, you were proven "right", so lets just call out those who were "wrong".
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #32060: Aug 20, 2017 10:32:58 am

Rather who are we gonna closely monitor today?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32061: Aug 20, 2017 10:36:34 am
      And you're supposed to be a grown man, aren't you? This is just a childish post TBH. Just because people had different opinions when the transfer window just started, does not mean that they belittled or laughed at others for being "impatient".

You are just over exaggerating the point of them having a different opinion than yours. I was one of those who called for patience when the window had just started, but I'm(or "those posters" are) disappointed too like any other red over here. But I see people have made it a habit of making fun of others just because they were proven "right" by posting phrases like " Its just May/June/July/August" or in your posts like yours. Its disgusting and childish to be fair. But, hey, you were proven "right", so lets just call out those who were "wrong".

It's the tone that got me fella, not the fact that people disagreed. I'm not one who loads every post with blokes rolling around on the floor, nor am I the type to call blokes f****** idiots for disagreeing with me. THAT'S the point of the post, not to join in with the wankery.

There's obviously still a possibility (and I actually think it WILL happen) that we'll sign a player or two before the window closes, but it's now obvious that those who belittled and berated posters who calling for a bit of action, those who mocked and rolled around on the floor laughing were actually just being bellends. Similarly, (and it's normally the same people) those who laughed at the "lack of credible source" once it became obvious to anyone with a brain that Coutinho actually wanted to move, just go quiet once they are exposed as being talking bollocks.

We all talk bollocks of course, (me much more than most) but the secret is not to belittle, abuse and to mock other posters. Also, once it becomes obvious that you have been talking bollocks, having the humility to accept it ain't a bad idea either.

And I am a grown man, cheers. 

Quick Reply