Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179508 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32062: Aug 20, 2017 10:37:03 am
      Mourinho said in a press conference after signing Lukaku that the Mancs had done 75% of the business they set out to do -- strengthening the spine of their team with the Belgian, Matic and Lindeloff (whilst also offloading Rooney and a few others). The remaining 25% consists of 'nice to haves' but the main business was done.

By contrast I would say we have done 25% of our business, and the main business of signing a CB, CM and striker we are still waiting on. F*cking embarrassing!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32063: Aug 20, 2017 10:41:03 am
      Mourinho said in a press conference after signing Lukaku that the Mancs had done 75% of the business they set out to do -- strengthening the spine of their team with the Belgian, Matic and Lindeloff (whilst also offloading Rooney and a few others). The remaining 25% consists of 'nice to haves' but the main business was done.

By contrast I would say we have done 25% of our business, and the main business of signing a CB, CM and striker we are still waiting on. F*cking embarrassing!

When you compare the spine under Van Gaal with Smalling/Blind, Sneiderlyn/Schweinsteiger and Rooney to what it is now, Baaie (or whatever the f*** it is)/Linderoff, Matic/Pogba and Lukaku, it's not hard to see why they are winning more football matches.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32064: Aug 20, 2017 10:44:59 am
      Just because people had different opinions when the transfer window just started, does not mean that they belittled or laughed at others for being "impatient".
      I assume then that swearing and rolling one's eyes ["at the impatience of others"] isn't either childish or belittling; right? 🤔
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017 10:56:54 am by bad boy bubby »
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #32065: Aug 20, 2017 10:47:36 am

It's the tone that got me fella, not the fact that people disagreed. I'm not one who loads every post with blokes rolling around on the floor, nor am I the type to call blokes f****** idiots for disagreeing with me. THAT'S the point of the post, not to join in with the wankery.

There's obviously still a possibility (and I actually think it WILL happen) that we'll sign a player or two before the window closes, but it's now obvious that those who belittled and berated posters who calling for a bit of action, those who mocked and rolled around on the floor laughing were actually just being bellends. Similarly, (and it's normally the same people) those who laughed at the "lack of credible source" once it became obvious to anyone with a brain that Coutinho actually wanted to move, just go quiet once they are exposed as being talking bollocks.

We all talk bollocks of course, (me much more than most) but the secret is not to belittle, abuse and to mock other posters. Also, once it becomes obvious that you have been talking bollocks, having the humility to accept it ain't a bad idea either.

And I am a grown man, cheers.
      Maybe you are referring to a single guy who you probably had a debate with. As far as I'm concerned I don't recall much of "those posters" ROFL 'ing to mock others, but then again you must've met someone like that.

As for having "the bollocks" to admit that I was wrong, pretty sure that my previous post implied that "I was wrong", but then again you were "mocking" those posters while also criticizing wrongly(IMO) for others to mock you. Can't have it both ways
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32066: Aug 20, 2017 11:04:25 am

I actually watched them yesterday.

Rarely anymore do I watch anyone unless they're playing us, but I sat there hoping to watch Swansea win.

I tell ya what, they look much better than us at this point in time.

He's at the start of his second season with them, as Mick has said, he's upgraded the spine and they look much improved for it - us on the other hand, we just seem to be stagnating.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017 11:12:18 am by Beerbelly »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #32067: Aug 20, 2017 11:04:33 am
      When you compare the spine under Van Gaal with Smalling/Blind, Sneiderlyn/Schweinsteiger and Rooney to what it is now, Baaie (or whatever the f*** it is)/Linderoff, Matic/Pogba and Lukaku, it's not hard to see why they are winning more football matches.

And gutting to see it happen whilst we fanny about. Can't see them finishing outside the top two (I think it's between them and City tbh), which as I see it means we have to displace Chelsea or Spurs just to stay in the top four.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32068: Aug 20, 2017 11:14:21 am
      I actually watched them yesterday.

Rarely anymore do I watch anyone unless they're playing us, but I sat there hoping to watch Swansea win.

I tell ya what, they look much better than us at this point in time.

Remind me how many injuries they have, do they also have Pogba refusing to play? Of course they look better at the moment we have F**k all creativity in midfield with both Lallana and Coutinho currently out of the team.

BTW I also watched the match and I thought they were better than last year but were not not that damned impressive, they were fortunate to lead at the break, certainly fortunate scoring that late goal but then huffed and puffed in the second half until Swansea just gave up in the last 5 minutes, 3 goals conceded in 5 minutes is bloody embarassing!

Lets see Manure play a good side before we crown them champions because up to now they've played 2 relegation teams in my opinion.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32069: Aug 20, 2017 11:25:28 am
      Mourinho said in a press conference after signing Lukaku that the Mancs had done 75% of the business they set out to do -- strengthening the spine of their team

That, to me, is the scary bit mate; the fact they strengthened the spine of an already strong squad. I, honestly see it as the most important action of any transfer window; the real defining moments if you prefer. I remember speaking about this a year ago...

We have a week, or so, of this window left so there may be a twist or two left yet but when you take what Jürgen has done, at face value; he has, like most managers new to any club, looked to strengthen the spine [GK; CH; CM/DM; CF] of the team.

So, in my opinion, any improvement, on last season's pish poor League showing, will depend (to a certain degree) on whether and by how much...

Karius is better than Mignolet; Matip/Klavan are better than Sakho/Skrtel/Lovren and Wijnaldum/Grujic are better than  Hendo/Can/Coutinho.

The point being and as it transpired; Karius wasn't better, Wijnaldum and Grujic, nah, not really,  it could be argued that neither were Matip & Klavan [in terms of actual defending] and we never got the C.F. The new spine was a damp squib, to be honest.

I, genuinely, hoped (and still do) that this would have been rectified this year but so far... not so good. We do not strengthen the spine and we cannot get better. It's that simple.  :-\

As of now: I can't see us winning the league so another season hunting the Arsenal Trophy may be the best we can hope for (IMO obviously).
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017 11:29:36 am by bad boy bubby »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #32070: Aug 20, 2017 11:29:41 am
      That, to me, is the scary bit mate; the fact they strengthened the spine of an already strong squad. I, honestly see it as the most important action of any transfer window; the real defining moments of any window. I remember speaking about this a year ago...

The point being and as it transpired; Karius wasn't better and it could be argued that neither were Matip & Klavan [in terms of actual defending] and we never got the C.F.

I, genuinely, hoped (and still do) that this would have been rectified this year but so far... not so good. We do not strengthen the spine and we cannot get better. It's that simple.  :-\

As of now: I can't see us winning the league so another season hunting the Arsenal Trophy may be the best we can hope for (IMO obviously).

Was having this exact conversation with my dad yesterday. We still require a completely new spine to the team in order to progress. A GK, CB, CM and a striker. Most urgently we require the midfielder and CB in my opinion but the goalkeeping issue has gone unresolved for too long and the fact Danny is still our best option up top with his injury problems is mind boggling.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #32071: Aug 20, 2017 11:34:33 am
      Tut tut.  :angry-smiley-034:

Don't ya know; 'Top quality signings take time'*/' Jürgen had all our [top] signings made by 22 July 2016'*?

*delete where appropriate - are you on flip or flop mode?

Teasing aside; either way, for whatever reason and irrespective who one blames, (i.e. actual ineptitude of real people or just gosh, darn, bad luck, yet again, dag-nabbit)...

This window has been, like so many before recently, messy as f**k. 🙄

Sad thing is; If our newbies (for whom THIS window will be THE defining one) stick around, my guess is the penny will drop with them too. 😔

Made me laugh but what the hell does dag-nabbit mean Bub ?

I have never heard of that ever is it a local saying ?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32072: Aug 20, 2017 11:44:05 am
      Made me laugh but what the hell does dag-nabbit mean Bub ?

I have never heard of that ever is it a local saying ?

Ha ha... old westerns, cartoons and the like; it's an Americanism.  ;) :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga4qLa7rjLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm-00hTA3nk
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #32073: Aug 20, 2017 12:13:11 pm
      I feel very confident about that.
      What reasons do you have to feel this way?
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #32074: Aug 20, 2017 12:44:43 pm
      Remind me how many injuries they have, do they also have Pogba refusing to play? Of course they look better at the moment we have f**k all creativity in midfield with both Lallana and Coutinho currently out of the team.

BTW I also watched the match and I thought they were better than last year but were not not that damned impressive, they were fortunate to lead at the break, certainly fortunate scoring that late goal but then huffed and puffed in the second half until Swansea just gave up in the last 5 minutes, 3 goals conceded in 5 minutes is bloody embarassing!

Lets see Manure play a good side before we crown them champions because up to now they've played 2 relegation teams in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly mate
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32075: Aug 20, 2017 01:09:45 pm
      Keep saying 'coming from you' rather than making a valid argument big boy it's working wonders for you.
      Glad we're getting somewhere though. You concede he's been pretty anonymous past 3 seasons at Dortmund, seasons 14/15, 15/16, 16/17.

Here you are referring to seasons 12/13 and 13/14
      - 12/13 : appears in 17 league games for Dortmund starting 9. 3 goals 3 assists. He appears in 7 champions league games at Dortmund go to final, doesn't appear to start any of those games, no goals or assists

- 13/14 : appears in all 34 league games, starting 31. 2 goals 3 assists. He appears in 10 champions league games, starting 9 no goals no assists
      (https://www.fctables.com/players/nuri_sahin-293674/)

If those numbers, playing under Klopp leave you to conclude he'd have been tearing it up with us don't know what to tell you mate

Not really interested what he did in the league cup he appeared in 7 PL games 1 goal 1 assist.

So theres the numbers my man. If your conclusion is Bredan Rodgers deprived us of a superstar for 2 years (whom we'd have likely had given a 4-5 years contract to hence would have been lumbered with since) well let's agree to differ

Ok soft lad  :gt-happyup:

Whatever did happen to those posters of a few months back who berated and belittled anyone who dared to suggest that perhaps it might be an idea to sign someone? Oh how they laughed at the "impatience" and the "complete fuckwittery" of anyone who suggested time was tick tocking along.

Normally they ended their posts with loads of these  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:.

Whatever did happen to them?

Admittedly, I think klopp's time of saying we have to be patient will now have turned into making do through to next summer, hoping for the best...which as it goes I think will lead us to a disappointing season as a result. Or, we are going to panic sign a couple of players on deadline day.
      Either way, as a club, we've majorly fu**ed up because all the main targets should have been signed before the season started like what City done and this stage just adding a bit of depth to the team if the right player comes along. To not even have alternatives lined up for Keita and VVD I think is a big mistake or Klopp has a bit to much faith that these signings are going to happen.

3 months ago the season finished, other teams have gotten their main business wrapped up in that time, no excuse for us to have messed up to the extent we have and ultimately, it's already cost us in 1 of our 3 games this season.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #32076: Aug 20, 2017 01:18:23 pm
      I assume then that swearing and rolling one's eyes ["at the impatience of others"] isn't either childish or belittling; right? 🤔
      Maybe you need to know a bit of difference in light hearted humor and belittling, as far as I am concerned, maybe its "the football loving reds" such as you, who belittle others by calling them as "dumbfucks" or "half wits" just because they don't agree with your own opinion. Anyways here is one for you.  :f_tongueincheek: :roll:
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017 03:05:14 pm by Gill95 »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32077: Aug 20, 2017 01:21:04 pm
      One or two rumours City are going to pay Messi's release clause, I think I'd actually piss my pants if that happened.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32078: Aug 20, 2017 01:24:53 pm
      One or two rumours City are going to pay Messi's release clause, I think I'd actually piss my pants if that happened.

Mainly based on messi following on Instagram,  if it happened wouldn't have to worry about Barcelona bidding for phil as the club would implode
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32079: Aug 20, 2017 02:06:06 pm
      Three players in .....

A pacy winger

A cracking, very useful left back   

and a surprise package in a striker who I think could rise to heights for us being the bargain of all time. 
      To be seen.

Based on the fact that three players per window is the max that should be integrated into a team then its been a satisfactory window.

Just keep the missiles and incoming to rotten fruit .... thanks.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32080: Aug 20, 2017 02:22:15 pm
      What reasons do you have to feel this way?

Sorry not sure what that is in reference to
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #32081: Aug 20, 2017 02:23:23 pm
      Sorry not sure what that is in reference to
      My bad. In relation to us signing VvD
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32082: Aug 20, 2017 02:31:34 pm
      My bad. In relation to us signing VvD

My confidence is based on a couple of factors:

1) He wants to come here and we want him
      2) The new owners of Southampton have leveraged debt onto the club which means that they have to sell before they buy and £60-70 million will then come in very handy
      3) The fact that LFC are not going after any other CB's must mean that the club are either complete and utter fuckwits, and contrary to opinion on this forum they aren't, or that they feel very confident about landing VVD.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #32083: Aug 20, 2017 03:39:15 pm
      My confidence is based on a couple of factors:

1) He wants to come here and we want him
      2) The new owners of Southampton have leveraged debt onto the club which means that they have to sell before they buy and £60-70 million will then come in very handy
      3) The fact that LFC are not going after any other CB's must mean that the club are either complete and utter fuckwits, and contrary to opinion on this forum they aren't, or that they feel very confident about landing VVD.

Damn u Hemi, u are getting my hopes up with this beautifully strategized post. I will sing at the top of my lungs on a very high hill that "VVD is coming. VVD is coming, praise God, VVD is coming". (When I say God I mean the risen Lord, not Robbie Fowler. Sorry Robbie)

Please forgive, I'm on my third cup of coffee.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32084: Aug 20, 2017 03:53:36 pm
      Maybe you need to know a bit of difference in light hearted humor and belittling, as far as I am concerned, maybe its "the football loving reds" such as you, who belittle others by calling them as "dumbfucks" or "half wits" just because they don't agree with your own opinion. Anyways here is one for you.  :f_tongueincheek: :roll:

Ha ha... so, just to be clear...

You've went from effing and blinding, at anyone who's opinion was different from yours, to agreeing with them but still finding time to lecture them for er... erm... laughing at folk who mocked them? And now you have the audacity to pretend you were only joking?

You F***ing beaut. 😂😂

For future reference: I couldn't give a F**k what anyone on here [F**k-wit or other] thinks of my opinions. 😁

So anyway... light-hearted humour aside: be good kid, I will catch you later.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017 04:43:06 pm by bad boy bubby »

Quick Reply