Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179985 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32798: Sep 01, 2017 01:25:45 pm
      Who are the other options though? I have asked a handful of people on here the same thing. Name me 3 other center backs (specifications below). I know you watch a lot of different teams too, so maybe you might be able to provide me an answer, as so far everyone else has ignored the question.

So, we are looking at a center back to partner Matip, we should be upgrading Lovren. For all the stick he gets, Lovren honestly isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Put him back in that Southampton setup and he'll look like a worldclass defender again, the one everyone thought we were getting. He is the perfect example of why the market of center backs we are specifically looking at, is so small. Not too many teams play as high a line as we do and very few teams expose their defence the way we do. So a defender that looks really well for a team that plays a low block, might turn out complete sh*te when confronted with the way we play.

- A relatively young CB (age between something like 24-28 is what Klopp seems to prefer)
      - Decent pace
      - Able to play with lots of space behind him
      - Tall, to deal with the clearances / win the headers at the half way line
      - Good feet to bring the ball out from the back and start an attack
      - That we would be able to bring in (Someone like Varane would be perfect for example, but there's no way we can get him to leave Real Madrid)

The Real Donovan Ried asked why we weren't in for Höwedes. If you even need to ask that question, I wonder wether he even watches our games. There's no way Höwedes is an upgrade on Lovren and that he's able to deal with the way we play. There's a reason why Schalke, who have been sh*te for years now, are allowing him to leave on loan.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions! (I honestly am, as I can't think of many CB's msyself.)

Another excellent post Danzel.
      I must say, I look forwards to reading these; sense without drama, and an eye for detail.

If memory serves, didn't Klopp recently say "name me five better than we have now"?
      Of course it was treated with derision by some, but broken down like you've done, it makes a lot more sense.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #32799: Sep 01, 2017 01:26:43 pm
      Merson said he (Barkley) was probably dubious about living in London and said you can't live in Liverpool all your life!!! Wtf!!! Keep your opinions to yourself you f***in pisshead😡😡
      And who the F**k does he think he is ?
      In Mersons world, you can live anywhere in the country, as long as it has s bookies next to the ale house 😊
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32800: Sep 01, 2017 01:32:47 pm
      Obviously he believes his current defenders can be better than those alternatives out there. If he brings in someone who's at least VVD's alternative, the player better be able to walk into the first team. I anticipate that some us will say Klopp bought a player who can't make the first team. Either way we will still complain.

If he really believes that his options are better then anything else the world over  thats fine. Its obviously him and his coaching staffs fault thst his options who are better then anything else out there apart from VVD look like a bunch of wallies when a cross or high ball  come at them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #32801: Sep 01, 2017 01:34:32 pm
      Only problem we have now is, we have some quality on board, we wait until Jan to sneak a bid in for VVD, we get Keita in July for next season, and just as we think we're on the up, some f**ker will come cherry picking our top talents, and we're back to square 1 !

Year after year after year.

Anyone think we can hold it all together this time and make some progress ?
      Suppose the Coutinho affair will say it all at 11 o clock tonight.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32802: Sep 01, 2017 01:38:04 pm
      Only problem we have now is, we have some quality on board, we wait until Jan to sneak a bid in for VVD, we get Keita in July for next season, and just as we think we're on the up, some f**ker will come cherry picking our top talents, and we're back to square 1 !

Year after year after year.

Anyone think we can hold it all together this time and make some progress ?
      Suppose the Coutinho affair will say it all at 11 o clock tonight.

Yeah we can. There are defensive units with inferior players to ours out there who defend better than us. With coaching we can sort our issues at the back. Im sorry i keep repeating about tge coaching but its tgat simple for me
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #32803: Sep 01, 2017 02:08:38 pm
      Who are the other options though? I have asked a handful of people on here the same thing. Name me 3 other center backs (specifications below). I know you watch a lot of different teams too, so maybe you might be able to provide me an answer, as so far everyone else has ignored the question.

So, we are looking at a center back to partner Matip, we should be upgrading Lovren. For all the stick he gets, Lovren honestly isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Put him back in that Southampton setup and he'll look like a worldclass defender again, the one everyone thought we were getting. He is the perfect example of why the market of center backs we are specifically looking at, is so small. Not too many teams play as high a line as we do and very few teams expose their defence the way we do. So a defender that looks really well for a team that plays a low block, might turn out complete sh*te when confronted with the way we play.

- A relatively young CB (age between something like 24-28 is what Klopp seems to prefer)
      - Decent pace
      - That we would be able to bring in (Someone like Varane would be perfect for example, but there's no way we can get him to leave Real Madrid)

The Real Donovan Ried asked why we weren't in for Höwedes. If you even need to ask that question, I wonder wether he even watches our games. There's no way Höwedes is an upgrade on Lovren and that he's able to deal with the way we play. There's a reason why Schalke, who have been sh*te for years now, are allowing him to leave on loan.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions! (I honestly am, as I can't think of many CB's msyself.)

Sidibe, Koulibalay, Varane, Godin?

But I agree I would prefer Van Dijk over the above.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #32804: Sep 01, 2017 02:13:03 pm

Jonathan Tah and Jorge Mere also spring to mind.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #32805: Sep 01, 2017 02:52:42 pm
      Off the top of my head as good as VVD

Vertonghen
      Manolas
      Alderweireld
      Marquinhos

But the question is who is better than Lovren, in which case fill your boots mate with literally dozens across Europe.

I love both Vertonghen and Alderweireld, but as I said, 1. that we would be able to bring in and 2. a CB that fits the specifications. Vertonghen is in his early 30's, which is too old to be a nailed on starter in a Klopp side and isn't leaving Spurs any time soon. Interesting thing about the ages of players that play for Klopp: it seems that Klopp gets rid off players once they get near the age of 30+ and most of the players around that age weren't regular starters for him anymore at Dortmund, with the exception of someone like Kehl who I think captained his side at that moment. It will be interesting to see wether Milner stays after this season. Neither of them will leave Spurs I think and if Alderweireld does leave, it won't be for us.

Marquinhos, while a very good and young CB, is too small to play CB in a Klopp team. All his CB's are or have been at least 6'3", he's only just 6'. Plus he plays for PSG, a side awashed with money, quality and trying to win the CL. Why would Marquinhos, who has been there since the age of 19 (?) leave or why would he be allowed to leave?

Good shout on Manolas, that would indeed have been another option and one that I've been thinking about.

Do you mean the Monaco Sidibe? Isn't he a RB? Haven't seen enough of him to comment on that one.

Varane is the one I listed too, but one that we'll never realistically get unless he doesn't develop as well as Real hope he will. He's nailed on to be the successor of Ramos and is a regular starter too, another one that Real Madrid will never allow to leave.

Koulibaly is a top CB, that's indeed an other good shout. I watched him loads when he played for KRC Genk here in Belgium. He was an absolute beast, but so prone to silly mistakes. It's crazy how well he developed at Napoli. Weren't we in for him like one or two years ago? I remember Napoli slapping something like a £50-60 million price tag on his head. You have to wonder why he's still at Napoli with Chelsea having shown clear interest in him for two seasons in a row now. Napoli not willing to sell?

Godin is one that sits in the Lovren bracket (obviously not with regards to quality) in that he has never played for a side that plays a high line like we do and that it would be interesting to see how he would adapt. Atletico are probably the best side in the world in parking the bus. How well do you think he would do here?

Honestly don't get the hype about Tah, bang average CB in my opinion. No idea who Jorge Mere is.

So right now we're at this list:

Van Dijk
      Koulibaly
      Manolas

I've seen us linked with all three of them. No idea how serious the links with Koulibaly and Manolas were of course, but these 3 seem to be "Klopp-type defenders".

You have to also keep in mind we're basically looking for a LCB. So either a left-footed CB or a right-footed one that is comfortable playing LCB (not all CB's are comfortable playing on the other side). Some coaches for example will never ever field two right footed or two left footed CB's at the same time.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2017 03:09:20 pm by Danzel »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32806: Sep 01, 2017 03:12:50 pm

- Decent pace

I disagree on two things here: that it is that difficult to improve on Lovren and that Howedes is not an upgrade.

When we were buying Lovren from Southampton, I remember a Saints fan coming to this forum and basically telling us what to expect: a decent defender prone to mistakes and lapses in concentration. In my opinion that poster - who at the time was criticised - has been proven right. I don't think moving him back to Southampton would change this.

For me, Howedes is a much better player. I've been a fan of him since the U21 Euro years ago (2009 I think?) and his early years at Schalke. Yeah, Schalke has been sh*t for years, and Joel Matip was part of that team as well. Doesn't mean he's not a good player. Howedes has also played comfortable (although not expertly) on both fullback positions, including for Germany in the World Cup (left back at the time).

Also, it's not my job to find other options. If out of the worldwide scouting network we have, we're only able to identify ONE central defender, then there's something seriously wrong. Let's remember it's Van Dijk we're talking about here - a player with 1 and a half seasons in the Premier League - not Alessandro Nesta in his prime.

But I can still think of a few names, in addition to Howedes: Koulibaly from Napoli, I also think Rudiger from Roma would have been a good alternative had we moved for him earlier (he's gone to Chelsea), Alderweireld from Spurs would be great but unlikely, as would perhaps Daniele Rugani from Juve, maybe De Vrij from Lazio. Nico Elvedi from BMG seems very promising. To be honest, I think Mamadou Sakho is probably better player than Lovren and he was already in the squad.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #32807: Sep 01, 2017 03:46:48 pm
      I disagree on two things here: that it is that difficult to improve on Lovren and that Howedes is not an upgrade.

When we were buying Lovren from Southampton, I remember a Saints fan coming to this forum and basically telling us what to expect: a decent defender prone to mistakes and lapses in concentration. In my opinion that poster - who at the time was criticised - has been proven right. I don't think moving him back to Southampton would change this.

For me, Howedes is a much better player. I've been a fan of him since the U21 Euro years ago (2009 I think?) and his early years at Schalke. Yeah, Schalke has been sh*t for years, and Joel Matip was part of that team as well. Doesn't mean he's not a good player. Howedes has also played comfortable (although not expertly) on both fullback positions, including for Germany in the World Cup (left back at the time).

Also, it's not my job to find other options. If out of the worldwide scouting network we have, we're only able to identify ONE central defender, then there's something seriously wrong. Let's remember it's Van Dijk we're talking about here - a player with 1 and a half seasons in the Premier League - not Alessandro Nesta in his prime.

But I can still think of a few names, in addition to Howedes: Koulibaly from Napoli, I also think Rudiger from Roma would have been a good alternative had we moved for him earlier (he's gone to Chelsea), Alderweireld from Spurs would be great but unlikely, as would perhaps Daniele Rugani from Juve, maybe De Vrij from Lazio. Nico Elvedi from BMG seems very promising. To be honest, I think Mamadou Sakho is probably better player than Lovren and he was already in the squad.

We'll agree to disagree on the Howedes part, that's personal preference of players of course and I can see why you like him, I just don't think he would fit well in our style of play. All I can say is that he's solid, but nothing more. For me the only reason he was with Germany at that WC, was because there was a complete lack of LB at the time. Even at RB, other than Lahm, they had nothing (Mustafi played RB in some of the games). Howedes was capable of playing in all the defensive positions, which is why he was there. Wasn't even Mertesacker chosen to play in one of the games where Hummels wasn't available?

Of course it's not your job to find alternatives, that wasn't my intention. We were looking for an established CB, not for someone our worldwide scouting network would maybe have identified. Established CB's would play in competitions most of us watch and with you watching quite a few games across Europe, I was merely wondering which players you were thinking of that could improve us. Pretty sure the forum would've went into meltdown if we had brought in some unknown Argentinian, Serbian or w/e that our scouting network had found to come in as a starter. (Someone like the Juan Foyth guy at Spurs.)

I agree with Koulibaly and Rudiger is indeed a good shout too, he has looked good so far for Chelsea. De Vrij used to be good, but didn't he suffer a very serious knee injury two years ago (not sure)? He seems to be very injury prone, we've got enough of those at Liverpool already. Interesting names with Rugani and Elvedi, I'll have to watch some games from those two, good profile of players. Thanks for the suggestions (that was the point of my post).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32808: Sep 01, 2017 04:08:24 pm
      I love both Vertonghen and Alderweireld, but as I said, 1. that we would be able to bring in and 2. a CB that fits the specifications. Vertonghen is in his early 30's, which is too old to be a nailed on starter in a Klopp side and isn't leaving Spurs any time soon. Interesting thing about the ages of players that play for Klopp: it seems that Klopp gets rid off players once they get near the age of 30+ and most of the players around that age weren't regular starters for him anymore at Dortmund, with the exception of someone like Kehl who I think captained his side at that moment. It will be interesting to see wether Milner stays after this season. Neither of them will leave Spurs I think and if Alderweireld does leave, it won't be for us.

Marquinhos, while a very good and young CB, is too small to play CB in a Klopp team. All his CB's are or have been at least 6'3", he's only just 6'. Plus he plays for PSG, a side awashed with money, quality and trying to win the CL. Why would Marquinhos, who has been there since the age of 19 (?) leave or why would he be allowed to leave?

Good shout on Manolas, that would indeed have been another option and one that I've been thinking about.

Do you mean the Monaco Sidibe? Isn't he a RB? Haven't seen enough of him to comment on that one.

Varane is the one I listed too, but one that we'll never realistically get unless he doesn't develop as well as Real hope he will. He's nailed on to be the successor of Ramos and is a regular starter too, another one that Real Madrid will never allow to leave.

Koulibaly is a top CB, that's indeed an other good shout. I watched him loads when he played for KRC Genk here in Belgium. He was an absolute beast, but so prone to silly mistakes. It's crazy how well he developed at Napoli. Weren't we in for him like one or two years ago? I remember Napoli slapping something like a £50-60 million price tag on his head. You have to wonder why he's still at Napoli with Chelsea having shown clear interest in him for two seasons in a row now. Napoli not willing to sell?

Godin is one that sits in the Lovren bracket (obviously not with regards to quality) in that he has never played for a side that plays a high line like we do and that it would be interesting to see how he would adapt. Atletico are probably the best side in the world in parking the bus. How well do you think he would do here?

Honestly don't get the hype about Tah, bang average CB in my opinion. No idea who Jorge Mere is.

So right now we're at this list:

Van Dijk
      Koulibaly
      Manolas

I've seen us linked with all three of them. No idea how serious the links with Koulibaly and Manolas were of course, but these 3 seem to be "Klopp-type defenders".

You have to also keep in mind we're basically looking for a LCB. So either a left-footed CB or a right-footed one that is comfortable playing LCB (not all CB's are comfortable playing on the other side). Some coaches for example will never ever field two right footed or two left footed CB's at the same time.

Danzel if your going to come from the starting point of believing Lovren is the Franco Baresi of the EPL then you are obviously going to be disappointed with any suggestions.
      Mate he's not as good as you are making out.

If we were willing to splash £70M on VVD, why not tempt Spurs, with they're wage structure those boys would love to have they're wages doubled and Levy likes £.

Last point Carra is only 6' not too bad a CB.
      In fact the Rolls Royce of CB's in recent years Cannavaro is only 5'9".

As a centre half you will know it's your anticipation and reading of the game and not how big a lump you are which is more important.

Good discussion though mate.

Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #32809: Sep 01, 2017 05:19:46 pm
      Danzel if your going to come from the starting point of believing Lovren is the Franco Baresi of the EPL then you are obviously going to be disappointed with any suggestions.
      Mate he's not as good as you are making out.

If we were willing to splash £70M on VVD, why not tempt Spurs, with they're wage structure those boys would love to have they're wages doubled and Levy likes £.

Last point Carra is only 6' not too bad a CB.
      In fact the Rolls Royce of CB's in recent years Cannavaro is only 5'9".

As a centre half you will know it's your anticipation and reading of the game and not how big a lump you are which is more important.

Good discussion though mate.

The starting point was never that Lovren is Baresi. The starting point was it's him we need to improve on and that I think he's not as bad as people think he is. Of course he can be improved on, that's for sure, which is why I was asking people's opinion on possible replacements. It's more the system we play that makes him look worse than he really is, even though he has obvious limitations. With that in my mind, it was just my opinion that it's harder to significantly improve on Lovren than people think it may be, not just marginally.

Alderweireld was indeed stalling his contract negotiations on the basis of wanting to get paid the same as Kane. So that might have indeed been worth a shot in hindsight. He was quite firm in his interviews in the Belgian media that he was not interested in leaving Spurs, but I guess every player has their price. Vertonghen is happy where he is and has just signed a new, improved contract.

Fully agree on the point that how big a 'lump' you are isn't all that as a CB. In fact, Cannavaro has always been my idol / role model as a defender. It's just that Klopp obviously prefers tall CB's, so I was trying to find CB's that fit his ideal profile of a CB, not mine. I don't necessarily agree with him on that, but it certainly helps in a lot of the situations our CB's find themselves in at the halfway line having to deal with the clearances by the opposition. Plus our team is very small as it is. It makes sense that he would rather add an other 6'3" CB to help deal with set pieces than a 6' CB. Just for the record, all the CB's you listed are very good CB's and would improve on Lovren. It's just that they probably aren't the CB's that Klopp would be looking at.

All in all we did get some interesting names, a few I very much agree with and a few I hadn't heard of before and that I might start watching. Happy with that.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2017 05:45:27 pm by Danzel »
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #32810: Sep 01, 2017 07:56:40 pm
      Thank god its all over till January. TBH I'm not interested now in the Lemars or VVD,s of this world, all I'm concerned about now is who is in the squad now and how we move on from here.
      I'm sure Robinson will get to grips with his new club and how we do things. We can't expect miracles from him straight away but he's at the best club in the world  so he needs to put in a shift when called upon.
      I think Solanke has a really bright future ahead of him and he's shown promise already in pre season. The Chavs have missed a trick with this one.
      While Salah has fantastic pace and uses it quite well he will have to improve his finishing when he has chances. I think a big chunk of our goals will have to come from him and Mané this season just because of the way we play but has made a fantastic start.
      I'm looking forward to watching what the OX has to offer TBH. I don't think we've seen his best while playing for Wenger but I'm sure he's going to get chances under Klopp. I hope he's ready for the intensity in the way the team plays and trains.
      As for Keita, well I can't wait till he gets here as he really looks like a talent so let's hope we at least give him CL football next year.
      I think we look ok. Our attack is deffo stronger. Our central defenders are slim on the ground but we've got what we've got so I trust Klopp to improve them because I think they do start to look like they are working on a few things so theres hope. After losing out on VVD I'm hoping Gomez can show what he's made of and secure a place alongside Matip.
      So onwards and upwards, this is our squad peeps. I'm looking forward to the elation and the frustration that is watching LFC. YNWA

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #32811: Sep 01, 2017 08:13:45 pm
      I'm sure Robinson will get to grips with his new club and how we do things. We can't expect miracles from him straight away but he's at the best club in the world  so he needs to put in a shift when called upon.
      Did we sign Paul Robinson? I know Migs hasn't been great but that's a bit desperate.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32812: Sep 01, 2017 08:30:28 pm
      Did we sign Paul Robinson? I know Migs hasn't been great but that's a bit desperate.

It was actually that lady Simon and Garfunkle were signing about.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #32813: Sep 01, 2017 08:39:09 pm
      It was actually that lady Simon and Garfunkle were signing about.
      Btw Mrs Robinson just scored a cracker for Scotland.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32814: Sep 01, 2017 08:42:05 pm
      Btw Mrs Robinson just scored a cracker for Scotland.

Hey hey hey
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32815: Sep 01, 2017 11:53:18 pm
      Sometimes you have to try to look from a different angle.

So going into the summer the manager wants VVD, that's his target, that's the best man to improve us.
      So he targets him, he *talks to him and convinces him that Liverpool is his future ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea who he also met with. They both realise that this is perfect.

*These talks go on in every single deal going back to the 60s and 70s so let's not pretend that meeting him was either out of the ordinary or wrong. However I wonder if we overstepped the mark too much, because all clubs meet players and talk to them, Vvd met Wenger face to face and spoke to Conte by all reports. I wonder if the reason we haven't actually bid and are worried by Southampton reporting us maybe because we went even as far to get VVD to sign something and they caught hold of that.. I know that's 1+1 = 200 but there must be more to why we haven't actually bid and made such a cringeworthy appolgy. Just a potential different slant.

Anyway.

Maybe Klopp because as we know he is very loyal to his beliefs and what he tries to built in a unity sense, maybe he said to VVD that he is still his Man, we want him more than ever but we need to wait to see if Southampton allow us to bid or someone else does and that we will wait until the last possible moment, we are committed to him and want him.
      Due to that maybe he's decided to wait on VVD because he feels we owe him after the player put himself out there for the move and that had he signed another top notch first choice cb then he's turning his back on VVD. Because let's face it it's very very rare that clubs have 4 cb the level of matip Matip and VVD, you have two and then you have a third choice of a bit lesser standing and a 4th who is either a kid or someone towards the tail end of a career happy to be a 4th choice. It's pie in the sky thinking you get 4 worldies.
      Maybe he's just prepared to wait on a promise and a handshake they had.

Nice post, and yes sometimes you have to look at things from different angles.... Be we could still have bought in someone on loan, could we not...? We are in the CL this season, we may not get there next season we need a CB now
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #32816: Sep 01, 2017 11:59:21 pm
      Nice post, and yes sometimes you have to look at things from different angles.... Be we could still have bought in someone on loan, could we not...? We are in the CL this season, we may not get there next season we need a CB now

I think Steven Caulker was available.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #32817: Sep 02, 2017 12:07:46 pm
      Been thinking. With regards to the Neymar deal PSG paid him the mo ey to buy himself out of his contract and then sign him, as a free agent.

Is there any reason theoretically that we couldn't do that now with say suarez as I believe even when the transfer window is closed you can sign free agents?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32818: Sep 02, 2017 12:14:58 pm
      Been thinking. With regards to the Neymar deal PSG paid him the mo ey to buy himself out of his contract and then sign him, as a free agent.

Is there any reason theoretically that we couldn't do that now with say suarez as I believe even when the transfer window is closed you can sign free agents?

I image UEFA are about to make that illegal
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32819: Sep 02, 2017 12:43:11 pm
      Ask Klopp.

I mean he's been asked enough times already, but obviously you missed it, so he needs to be asked again.

Who recommended Solanke to Klopp…?
      The Scouts yes…
      Who employs the Scouts…?
      Liverpool Football Club …
      Who owns LFC…?
      FSG yes…

So why did not the Scouts look for alternatives to VVD…? Players to buy, players to loan etc….

To say It is all down to Klopp is just deflecting the blame from where it really belong FSG and trying to lay the Blame at the managers feet when he as already proven that if a viable alternative is put before Klopp he is more than will to act on it (Solanke)….

But that is part of your M.O. is it not, to protect the reputation of your much beloved and venerated FSG…

My I suggest that it is you who should give your head a wobble…
      The other point I would like to touch on is when I state that “I Believe” something it is me allowing that I could be; or maybe wrong… I try not to stating things as fact when I am surmising/deducing hence “I believe”
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32820: Sep 02, 2017 12:47:52 pm

Who recommended Solanke to Klopp…?
      The Scouts yes…
      Who employs the Scouts…?
      Liverpool Football Club …
      Who owns LFC…?
      FSG yes…

So why did not the Scouts look for alternatives to VVD…? Players to buy, players to loan etc….

To say It is all down to Klopp is just deflecting the blame from where it really belong FSG and trying to lay the Blame at the managers feet when he as already proven that if a viable alternative is put before Klopp he is more than will to act on it (Solanke)….

But that is part of your M.O. is it not, to protect the reputation of your much beloved and venerated FSG…

My I suggest that it is you who should give your head a wobble…
      The other point I would like to touch on is when I state that “I Believe” something it is me allowing that I could be; or maybe wrong… I try not to stating things as fact when I am surmising/deducing hence “I believe”

:lmao:

F**k off on a fishing trip somewhere else.
      This wasn't even a good attempt.

Quick Reply