Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4214665 times
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33465: Jan 07, 2018 07:20:23 pm
      You are right, but only to a point. This form the orginzation has been since FSG took is unacceptable. However, they seem to have bought into Klopp and his ideas. They are suporting his braintrust and have given him the green light to spend. Spending big money on Ox and VVD shows that they trust his judgement on player personelle. Just this year he has hit it big on signing Salah (HUGE), Robbo, Ox, and now VVD. All 4 players will improve the squad and contribute going forward. Dont forget Kieta coming in also shows that FSG are even allowing LFC to think outside the box in order to get deals over the line and to improve the squad. The days of panic buys like Andy Carrol are gone and there is a new sheriff in town. So I ask you, why dont you trust Klopp with a ton of money in hand?

I trust klopp with money, I was saying the money comes from player sales So FSG aren’t really backing him, averaging a net spend of £14 million is not backing a manager towards success, the fact they allow klopp the money from selling our assets is the very least they can do, I trust klopp to spend it wisely but we cannot keep selling our best players to fun a shake up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33466: Jan 07, 2018 07:40:39 pm
      Midfield is our weak link now.

Would love to spend 98 million for Lemar (approx), 12 million more to get Keita now and 10 million for  Goretzka after signing him. ( He has to want to be here first. ). Vvd and matip, Clyne and robbo  then the goalkeeper we need by the summer. We would have star power, spine, squad depth and the best manager, still to sell sturridge, Origi and a GK.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2018 11:31:44 pm by Robby The Z »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #33467: Jan 07, 2018 07:42:27 pm
      This all may have been true under Daglish and Rodgers, but its not with Klopp. What player money have we been spending to bring in Salah and Ox? I guess we are spending that Lucas money :lmao:

FSG have brought in Klopps targets, even spending more than they initially wanted (VVD price went up significantly from the summer.) Couts leaving and VVD coming in aren't linked. We broke the bank on a defender because it is who Klopp wanted. We didn't do it because Phil was leaving.

Jürgen tried to get Phil to stay, but the writing was on the wall. We got more money than Phil was worth, and FSG will green light Klopp to spend. Skies the limit with Klopp caling the shots.

There is a reason Klopp is staying in Liverpool and not booking it to Munich.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,294 posts | 1665 
      Reply #33468: Jan 07, 2018 07:47:03 pm
      Express saying Klopp confident he can get Suarez FFS 😂😂
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #33469: Jan 07, 2018 08:10:49 pm
      How good would that be? To be fair, Sturridge going (at some point) and Ings and Origi likely to follow we need a new striker - if it’s not to be Sanchez then Suarez would be amazing!

Mane    Suarez    Salah

if only ....
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #33470: Jan 07, 2018 08:17:30 pm
      Express saying Klopp confident he can get Suarez FFS 😂😂

Pissed myself. These F***ing lads get paid for this.

I honestly believe some of the ITKs over these clowns. Especially when Fekir is spoken of being on the radar.

Anyway, for shits and giggles:

https://twitter.com/DExpress_Sport/status/950031967462068224
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33471: Jan 07, 2018 09:01:52 pm
      WOuldnt suarez have become part of the coutinho deal if it were true, such rubbish made up by these people
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33472: Jan 07, 2018 09:02:23 pm
      If we don't get Lemar, Lozano, Mahrez...etc I think we should just get a better goalkeeper.
      I might get laughed at here, but I wouldn't get a replacement like Lanzini, overpriced and overrated.
      Ben Woodburn is good enough and with Coutinho gone, he could develop into a great player.
      People have seen his performances for Wales, he always impressed in a red shirt, he's been kept out the squad.
      Use him or lose him!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #33473: Jan 07, 2018 09:03:04 pm
      So there we have, the "willing to wait" narrative dripping out now. 

Didn't take long.

Selling one of our best players in January with no concrete plan to replace him.

There are still people on here who just don't see it.

This is NOT the way a football club that is serious about becoming elite and challenging for titles would act.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33474: Jan 07, 2018 09:15:51 pm
      So there we have, the "willing to wait" narrative dripping out now. 

Didn't take long.

Selling one of our best players in January with no concrete plan to replace him.

There are still people on here who just don't see it.

This is NOT the way a football club that is serious about becoming elite and challenging for titles would act.

I agree, it's never great selling your star players at any point of the year to be honest, but, I don't think he'd have played for us again until nearer the end of the season anyway, when it gets to the point of the World Cup approaching. I think he'd have dragged his faked injury on for a while, he had no intention of playing for us again so what do you do? Keep a player that's faking injury, not playing and a risk to the team with his attitude, or do you get rid?

I don't think it was a decision taken lightly. But none of us really know, there will be the view I have just said, there will be the usual one about the owners and there will be others. All just a guessing game, only the parties involved really know the situation. I just hope that whatever the reason was, it was really in the best interests of the club for the remainder of the season and onward.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #33475: Jan 07, 2018 09:37:06 pm
      I agree, it's never great selling your star players at any point of the year to be honest, but, I don't think he'd have played for us again until nearer the end of the season anyway, when it gets to the point of the World Cup approaching. I think he'd have dragged his faked injury on for a while, he had no intention of playing for us again so what do you do? Keep a player that's faking injury, not playing and a risk to the team with his attitude, or do you get rid?

I don't think it was a decision taken lightly. But none of us really know, there will be the view I have just said, there will be the usual one about the owners and there will be others. All just a guessing game, only the parties involved really know the situation. I just hope that whatever the reason was, it was really in the best interests of the club for the remainder of the season and onward.

But, why wouldn’t they have made sure they had a deal down for a replacement or two prior to sanctioning his move?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #33476: Jan 07, 2018 09:42:35 pm
      If true then why didn't they sell Couts in the summer?

Keeping the lad for four months is hardly a big show of strength is it? Should Madrid come knocking for Salah in 5 months time it's not like they're going to be deterred is it.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33477: Jan 07, 2018 10:09:26 pm
      Plenty, every single one of them
      Chelsea sold Matic just recently, to Manure, and lets not forget about Costa
      Arsenal sold us Oxlaide Camberlain and are soon to lose both Sanchez and Ozil.
      Spurs sold Bale to Real Madrid and more recently one of their main defenders to Citeh and watch this space on Dele Ali.
      Utd might be the one exception but then they have been massively rebuilding their squad over the last few years
      Conte didn't want Matic, Costa wouldn't play again for him so he had no choice but to sell!
      Arsenal sold Ox because, like us they sell to buy. Sanchez and Ozil will leave because their owners lack ambition! (Sounds familiar)
      Spurs are a selling club under levy, that's why they win F**k all, just like us!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33478: Jan 07, 2018 10:21:01 pm
      But, why wouldn’t they have made sure they had a deal down for a replacement or two prior to sanctioning his move?

Who know's. Or maybe they have something in the pipeline and is being kept completely quiet, the VVD deal seemed to come out of nowhere. Get the feeling it's going to be a long, frustrating transfer window though.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33479: Jan 07, 2018 10:25:22 pm
      That’s not loads though is it, Sanchez and Ozil are still at arsenal.

So you’re examples were matic and bale which is 2 out of 5 clubs compared to our 6

2 out of 5?

Matic, Costa, Oscar, Salah, Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne.

And that's just Chelsea!

You lot are losing the plot.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33480: Jan 07, 2018 10:26:04 pm

How desperate must Cou have been to leave to pay millions to go. As well as striking. WTF does that say? Find it hard to believe myself. Had to lance that boil.

Regarding spending, just reckon Jürgen has guys in mind, and he's going to wait until he gets them. If it doesn't happen in Jan, he'll take that hit imho. But he's taking a longer term view than just the rest of this season.

Be great imo if we could get Keita early. Would be surprised if we sign someone like Mahrez for example..  we'll see I guess, plenty of time till end of window.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #33481: Jan 07, 2018 10:30:42 pm
      Jürgen has said how important it was to be in CL for us. It just seems that with losing Coutinho we really are going to need more than we’ve got to keep that spot. I trust him, but doesn’t mean it doesn’t worry me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #33482: Jan 07, 2018 10:36:40 pm
      https://twitter.com/anfieldedition/status/950127406299451393

https://twitter.com/anfieldedition/status/950132904256040961

Hilarious how little we know for all the info available......

Anything could happen.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33483: Jan 07, 2018 10:42:14 pm

Ah, the ever reliable Twitter sources 😂😂
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #33484: Jan 07, 2018 10:45:18 pm
      Ah, the ever reliable Twitter sources 😂😂

Exactly my point......so much information......and yet  :confused-smiley-013:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33485: Jan 07, 2018 11:05:19 pm

If we got those two some of you lot would still be F***ing moaning though.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #33486: Jan 07, 2018 11:15:24 pm

Keeping the lad for four months is hardly a big show of strength is it? Should Madrid come knocking for Salah in 5 months time it's not like they're going to be deterred is it.
      Don’t think we’ll sell Salah in the summer window. Probably next January.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33487: Jan 07, 2018 11:38:49 pm

Quick Reply