Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4214390 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33488: Jan 08, 2018 02:01:44 am
      Think it’s safe to say we had no one lined up to replace him, no deals in the works to make sure we weren’t left short. That in and of itself is depressing.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #33489: Jan 08, 2018 02:06:56 am
      Yeah, it starting to look like, as some had said, Ox is going to be Coutinho’s replacement. Looking like no one else is coming this window.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33490: Jan 08, 2018 03:44:58 am

Brazilian "journo" (i say that because i have no idea if he is) reporting on this gives me the tiniest glimmer of hope.

But it's still firmly in the "bullshit" pile.

He looks absolutely fantastic as a keeper. No idea about his communication and command of his area, though.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33491: Jan 08, 2018 04:18:39 am
      All this posting about Salah being next to go etc etc

Look I'm as gutted that we've lost one of our best players but we had him for 5 years, Mo has been here 6 months..  let's not jump the gun and think the world is ending.

We're still a massive football who even if we have to let some players go still sign and have other fantastic ones are are a club where players want to play

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33492: Jan 08, 2018 05:16:32 am
      Brazilian "journo" (i say that because i have no idea if he is) reporting on this gives me the tiniest glimmer of hope.

He looks absolutely fantastic as a keeper. No idea about his communication and command of his area, though.

Reminds me of younger Iker Casillas
      My immediate question would be does he speak English? If not probably best to get it agreed now and get him summer. If he’s keeping Ederson out of the Brazil national side he’s clearly a damn good keeper

However he was backup to wozcheck scjezny last season so hes not played much football in Europe
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 05:28:37 am by Alfie2510 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33493: Jan 08, 2018 06:42:43 am
      I don't think we will sign anyone so can we please get Harry Wilson on the bench at the very least and look to give him some minutes before the end of the season, before he fucks off and becomes a star at another Club willing to give him a chance.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33494: Jan 08, 2018 07:51:57 am
      I don't think we will sign anyone so can we please get Harry Wilson on the bench at the very least and look to give him some minutes before the end of the season, before he fucks off and becomes a star at another Club willing to give him a chance.

Possibly a chance for Woodburn as well .

Still think Draxler / Sanchez are live options for us if we cant prise Lemar from Monaco this window
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #33495: Jan 08, 2018 08:24:43 am
      Lucas from PSG is available, he must be desperate to be given a chance to play the WC. I think that coming to LFC is an opportunity he can hardly refuse. 
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33496: Jan 08, 2018 08:37:40 am
      quite a few talented people available yet we seem content with losing one of the best players on the planet and replacing him with nobody but instead recalling Ben Woodburn, who has potential it is clear to see but he certainly isn't there yet.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #33497: Jan 08, 2018 09:41:11 am
      quite a few talented people available yet we seem content with losing one of the best players on the planet and replacing him with nobody but instead recalling Ben Woodburn, who has potential it is clear to see but he certainly isn't there yet.

we didn't recall Ben Woodburn, he didn't even go out on loan yet.

It's up to Klopp to bring in reinforcements this Jan or not, if he doesn't see his first choice available then like he did with VVD he will wait until the summer.

Fans on here moan for the sake of moaning. Finally we have a manager who is given the green light to sign and decide on which players he wants/sell but that's not good enough for some.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33498: Jan 08, 2018 09:55:07 am
      we didn't recall Ben Woodburn, he didn't even go out on loan yet.

It's up to Klopp to bring in reinforcements this Jan or not, if he doesn't see his first choice available then like he did with VVD he will wait until the summer.

Fans on here moan for the sake of moaning. Finally we have a manager who is given the green light to sign and decide on which players he wants/sell but that's not good enough for some.

we still have a transfer committee? I read somewhere that the committee put forward Salah who Klopp was reluctant to sign.

I think people have very valid reasons to moan, it is because of fans like yourself that has allowed FSG to turn us in to a selling club, basically they can see our star assets and never win trophies and we have fans like you who pretend this is fine and have a go at the fans who want more

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #33499: Jan 08, 2018 10:07:17 am
      we still have a transfer committee? I read somewhere that the committee put forward Salah who Klopp was reluctant to sign.

I think people have very valid reasons to moan, it is because of fans like yourself that has allowed FSG to turn us in to a selling club, basically they can see our star assets and never win trophies and we have fans like you who pretend this is fine and have a go at the fans who want more

All transfers are decided by Klopp and Klopp alone, not the transfer committee. The scouts in the committee advises Klopp and he only decides if he wants the player or not, this has been said 10000 times by Klopp already and the Salah signing was his decision.

What valid reason? 17 games unbeaten, good attack even without Coutinho and we just signed one of the best defenders in the league, but you're still unhappy and for what? Coutinho wanted to leave and he was desperate to leave, there is nothing you, I and the club can do about it. You realize that Klopp faced this with Dortmund when he had to lose his best players, he even gave the green light and decided to sell. When he lost Nuri Sahin he bought Gundogan as his replacement.

I prefer that Klopp gets his FIRST choice signings and wait for them rather than panic buying like we did in the past when we forked out 35m on a terrible player in Andy Carroll, even if it means waiting until the summer to get them. Like seriously, FSG has been backing the manager and has given him all the money he needs to buy players.

You also tend to forget we have a very good manager who knows what he's doing and it was his DECISION to sell Coutinho this window. All he has to do is spend the money wisely and we should be good.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33500: Jan 08, 2018 10:38:49 am
      All transfers are decided by Klopp and Klopp alone, not the transfer committee. The scouts in the committee advises Klopp and he only decides if he wants the player or not, this has been said 10000 times by Klopp already and the Salah signing was his decision.

What valid reason? 17 games unbeaten, good attack even without Coutinho and we just signed one of the best defenders in the league, but you're still unhappy and for what? Coutinho wanted to leave and he was desperate to leave, there is nothing you, I and the club can do about it. You realize that Klopp faced this with Dortmund when he had to lose his best players, he even gave the green light and decided to sell. When he lost Nuri Sahin he bought Gundogan as his replacement.

I prefer that Klopp gets his FIRST choice signings and wait for them rather than panic buying like we did in the past when we forked out 35m on a terrible player in Andy Carroll, even if it means waiting until the summer to get them. Like seriously, FSG has been backing the manager and has given him all the money he needs to buy players.

You also tend to forget we have a very good manager who knows what he's doing and it was his DECISION to sell Coutinho this window. All he has to do is spend the money wisely and we should be good.

nobody knows whether Klopp has the final say on transfers, at the end of the day if the owners wanted to cash in they will cash in, the fact that we entertained the idea of having coutinho back on lean suggests klopp still wanted him here.

he is a great manager, but no manager could work under such pressure while his best tools are sold constantly
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #33501: Jan 08, 2018 10:51:55 am
      We wont get anybody cause Jan is difficult time, except if you want one of the best player from Liverpool, then you got chance.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #33502: Jan 08, 2018 10:55:36 am
      nobody knows whether Klopp has the final say on transfers, at the end of the day if the owners wanted to cash in they will cash in, the fact that we entertained the idea of having coutinho back on lean suggests klopp still wanted him here.

he is a great manager, but no manager could work under such pressure while his best tools are sold constantly

Yes we do know he has the final say, he said it a hundred times. He wanted VVD so he got VVD even though his scouts told him to go for other targets.

He also wanted Keita and we got Keita. You just make up conspiracy theories just because it suits your agenda.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #33503: Jan 08, 2018 11:09:21 am

Facking Journos
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33504: Jan 08, 2018 11:28:50 am
      Think it’s safe to say we had no one lined up to replace him, no deals in the works to make sure we weren’t left short. That in and of itself is depressing.

How is that safe to say? What the F**k do you know about what deals are being agreed behind the scenes. Also you are making a huge assumption that the Coutino deal was lined up for a long time, I don't think that is true, I think the little c**t waited until the window opened, then threw his toys out of the pram again at which point Klopp went F**k this sh*t and sanctioned the sale. Now we have a shitload of cash and we go shopping.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33505: Jan 08, 2018 11:34:46 am

And I think you are either the most depressing neghead fan in the world or on a wind up, I suspect the latter as you didn't know that Woodburn was not on loan and you refer to Liverpool fans rather than say us or we.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33506: Jan 08, 2018 11:40:29 am

Can you please expand on "best tools are sold constantly", what other recent sales have I missed? BTW please limit this to players who have left under Klopp because I can't think of anyone other than Couts.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33507: Jan 08, 2018 11:47:17 am

Alis ? Alis ? Who the f*** is Alis ?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33508: Jan 08, 2018 12:59:01 pm
      I don't see us buying a Coutinho replacement with Keita coming in the summer, all the Lamar talk is nonsense. We chose Ox over Lamar already!

Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33509: Jan 08, 2018 01:01:49 pm
      I don't see us buying a Coutinho replacement with Keita coming in the summer, all the Lamar talk is nonsense. We chose Ox over Lamar already!

OX was chosen to replace coutinho I believe, and what a mistake that will be
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #33510: Jan 08, 2018 01:41:13 pm

You said we will never get VVD and FSG will never pay that much.

Whoever we get, will be Klopp's player and that's a FACT

Quick Reply