Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4211380 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33764: Jan 14, 2018 04:01:52 pm
      It has just occurred to me that the PR Machine of FSG are playing a blinder. It has most of us here talking about getting Keita early, instead of asking why we are not looking to reinvest some of the Coutinho money in this window

Imagine having an agenda when you post something on line. Gosh, that would get tiring. I'm not fussed if it's spent this window or next, our history of spunking money just because we have it, is not great.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33765: Jan 14, 2018 07:26:03 pm
      Imagine having an agenda when you post something on line. Gosh, that would get tiring. I'm not fussed if it's spent this window or next, our history of spunking money just because we have it, is not great.
      You my call it an agenda, I merely pointed something out that did not occur to me until just then, ith someone like Ozil that may be in this window I would sooner it be spent now, for if there was one thing I could see in The City game today was we may have a fighting midfield but the lack quality
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #33766: Jan 14, 2018 07:55:04 pm
      You my call it an agenda, I merely pointed something out that did not occur to me until just then, ith someone like Ozil that may be in this window I would sooner it be spent now, for if there was one thing I could see in The City game today was we may have a fighting midfield but the lack quality

again if you read or saw Klopp's comments when he sold Coutinho then you would know it's up to the manager to decide if he wants to spend the money or not, not FSG.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33767: Jan 14, 2018 08:04:39 pm
      again if you read or saw Klopp's comments when he sold Coutinho then you would know it's up to the manager to decide if he wants to spend the money or not, not FSG.

Shush now, that doesn't fit in with a lot of anti owner agendas on here!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33768: Jan 14, 2018 08:30:28 pm
      After today we probably would see a boss midfielder as a bigger priority than a straight out attacking player. I mean someone to go with Naby and Ox.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #33769: Jan 14, 2018 09:50:27 pm
      You've got to seriously wonder about Arsenal sometimes. We've sold Sterling to Man City and that was bad enough but the sheer breezy acceptance in how Arsenal seem willing to sell to league rivals Man Utd, Man City etc just shows there's something seriously wrong about how that club views football. They aren't a football club - I'm convinced they exist as a business in order to make profit amd profit only. Arsenal fans must be ashamed with their club's actions.

You could also add selling Ox to us.

I have a pair of cousins that are Arsenal fans.  One of them texted in our group text “We are the new Southampton.”
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33770: Jan 14, 2018 11:04:25 pm
      My fault, I should have written a better post. I know Suso plays as a right wing for Milan and he did play on right wing for Spain u21 as well. Just like he did under Rodgers for us.

although I think majority of us that time said that we wanted to see him from the middle.
      And I was one of them, I wouldnt want him replace mane or Salah on the wings. I would like to see him behind firmino in the middle.

So when I said right position, I should have said a position what I think suits him. That's if we buy him.

Right got it mate.

Agree with you I always saw him as a number 10 certainly has the vision and technique to be a good one IMO.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33771: Jan 14, 2018 11:33:58 pm

But that means it's one less thing to bash FSG with. What on earth will those people do then?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33772: Jan 14, 2018 11:40:24 pm
      But that means it's one less thing to bash FSG with. What on earth will those people do then?

Go off and bash something else
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #33773: Jan 14, 2018 11:48:08 pm
      Wierd ain’t it. When Rogers couldn’t secure his No 1 targets, he was urged to get someone to fill the void. We ended up with second rate players. Rogers got slaughtered.
      Now if Jürgen misses his targets, but is prepared to wait for them, he gets slated for not buying ‘anyone’ to fill the void 😳

F***ing marvellous, damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Funny old game ain’t it ?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33774: Jan 15, 2018 12:09:27 am

Yeah! like I believe that one....  Just like when Klopp said that he has the say on whether Coutinho is sold or not
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-coutinho-stays-liverpool-says-13371820   ...22 Jul 2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40909543

12 Aug 2017

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says owners will decide on sale
      Klopp suggested the decision was out of his hands as the "bosses will decide".

Then on says on 19 Aug 2017....

‘if you sell Coutinho, I will seriously consider my position at this club. Because if you sell that player from under my nose without giving me any reason or the opportunity to buy a player who can replace him, then you’re undermining my opportunity and ambition to make this club a serious contender for the Premier League and the Champions League.Think about that before you sell Coutinho."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/842996/Liverpool-transfer-news-Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona

So here we have a manager who does not want to sell a player, who is over ruled by the owners, who promises god knows what to appease him and keep him on side saying that they will give him all the money from the sell... i'll believe it when it happens...

But that was not the point i was making...
      My point was, "Are we being distracted with the whole Naby Keita will we get him early things so we are not noticing that we will not get a replacement for Coutinho in this window"
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33775: Jan 15, 2018 12:13:45 am

You say it like if you have already posted a comment to me...??? Are you posting under another name here...?? Roddenberry..??
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33776: Jan 15, 2018 12:20:29 am
      You say it like if you have already posted a comment to me...??? Are you posting under another name here...?? Roddenberry..??

What?

Only one me and that's more than enough.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33777: Jan 15, 2018 07:37:34 am
      Still think we need a keeper this window - and hoping its Allison

Probably a forward as well - nos sure who though - but saying that, Lemar does fit the bill if its do-able
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #33778: Jan 15, 2018 08:24:18 am
      Invest in him. He can be our title missing puzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdmeb-xYU7o
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #33779: Jan 15, 2018 09:31:45 am
      I assume like the rest of us Klopp knows now he needs a new No.1.

I think he is playing Karius now to decide if he is good enough to be second choice. A top goalkeeper, a fit Clyne at right back and some more mettle in midfield and this team could do things.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33780: Jan 15, 2018 10:20:57 am
      Coutinho injured at least 3 more weeks and didn't play yesterday for Barcelona. He gets injured a lot to be honest, couldn't have played yesterday. Sale was right choice because he's a bit fragile for premier league's intensity.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33781: Jan 15, 2018 10:21:33 am
      I assume like the rest of us Klopp knows now he needs a new No.1.

I think he is playing Karius now to decide if he is good enough to be second choice. A top goalkeeper, a fit Clyne at right back and some more mettle in midfield and this team could do things.
      Danny Ward?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33782: Jan 15, 2018 10:26:01 am
      What?

Only one me and that's more than enough.
      Agreed one of you is more than enough ;D

Just curious as to why he put again...

Point of the post above that one is that we are told a lot of things and often the reality of what we are told is very different from what actually happens, so I take things with a pinch of salt and draw my own conclusions from what I see...

It does not make me infallible, just like everyone else here I can get things wrong. But it does not stop me questioning things... People lie, especially in the corporate world... I like to judge people on their action and not on what they say   
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2018 10:35:20 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #33783: Jan 15, 2018 10:41:48 am
      Agreed one of you is more than enough ;D

Just curious as to why he put again...

sigh, I put again because I've been saying all month that Klopp is the decision maker. He decides who goes and who stays. He said it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGnAuObNqMc

and here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/Jürgen-klopp-philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona

and many more

Then you bring up an article that is pure speculation from a journalist who ''heard'' rumors from inside the club stating that Klopp threatened to quit if FSG sold Coutinho? Well everyone was adamant that Coutinho wouldn't be sold in the summer, so that's kind of contradicting from the journalist, I smell BS.

I believe in Klopp's words, he's the one who is saying the truth and no one else. He's been telling journalists over and over again that he tried his best to keep Coutinho, it was his decision to sell him and the money from the sale will go into investing players be it in Jan or in the summer. Stop it with this nonsense. If he finds that if it's worth it to spend 80m or 90m on Lemar he will do it.

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33784: Jan 15, 2018 11:09:57 am
      So yet more pages filled with utter drivel & no news, then; just to sum up....
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33785: Jan 15, 2018 11:17:48 am
      De Boer throwing Zaha's name in the mix for a move to Liverpool this morning.

I mean I would consider him for my Fantasy team, but not much else. Lanzini was in inspired form at the weekend.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #33786: Jan 15, 2018 11:34:00 am
      Lanzini was in inspired form at the weekend.
      Cracking player. Think he could go some way to replacing the creativity we lost in Coutinho. Not suggesting he is anywhere as good or consistent at the moment but definitely seems to have the potential.

Quick Reply