Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210944 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33787: Jan 15, 2018 12:23:17 pm
      Middle of the month .......  just saying like.

(Apparently we've refused to pay Leipzig 20 mill for Keita to get him in early.)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #33788: Jan 15, 2018 12:34:39 pm
      Middle of the month .......  just saying like.

(Apparently we've refused to pay Leipzig 20 mill for Keita to get him in early.)

Aye funny that isn’t it.......and leaked stories in Germany stating Liverpool couldn’t / wouldn’t get it done.......

Wonder what the noises will be on 28/29 of Jan.......🤔
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #33789: Jan 15, 2018 12:40:07 pm
      I would take Lanzini as a squad player with the potential to earn a starting role. He has a lot of similar qualities to Coutinho and if we could get him for a cheeky 15m - 30m i think it would be worth the punt.

Saying that i would rather us be rumored with a great CDM, not great but could be useful Tottenhams Dembele, Sevilla's Nzonzi or go big for Veratti.

In regards to having Zaha, no point cant see him wanting to be a bench player which is what he would be.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33790: Jan 15, 2018 01:30:27 pm
      Yeah! like I believe that one....  Just like when Klopp said that he has the say on whether Coutinho is sold or not
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-coutinho-stays-liverpool-says-13371820   ...22 Jul 2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40909543

12 Aug 2017

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says owners will decide on sale
      Klopp suggested the decision was out of his hands as the "bosses will decide".

Then on says on 19 Aug 2017....

â€˜if you sell Coutinho, I will seriously consider my position at this club. Because if you sell that player from under my nose without giving me any reason or the opportunity to buy a player who can replace him, then you’re undermining my opportunity and ambition to make this club a serious contender for the Premier League and the Champions League.Think about that before you sell Coutinho."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/842996/Liverpool-transfer-news-Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona

So here we have a manager who does not want to sell a player, who is over ruled by the owners, who promises god knows what to appease him and keep him on side saying that they will give him all the money from the sell... i'll believe it when it happens...

But that was not the point i was making...
      My point was, "Are we being distracted with the whole Naby Keita will we get him early things so we are not noticing that we will not get a replacement for Coutinho in this window"

So you are calling Klopp a liar then and a coward as well who bows to pressure form the evil owners?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33791: Jan 15, 2018 01:33:18 pm

As much as we want to see Danny Ward get a go there must be a reason why Klopp doesn't even give him a sniff, perhaps he's even worse than Migs and Karius, and before you say that's impossible I'll remind you of our 4th keeper Bogdan!! ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33792: Jan 15, 2018 01:36:35 pm
      Aye funny that isn’t it.......and leaked stories in Germany stating Liverpool couldn’t / wouldn’t get it done.......

Wonder what the noises will be on 28/29 of Jan.......🤔

To be honest I kind of agree with the club on this one, it would be nice to get Keita in now but £20 million for 3 months is a lot of dosh and we can't use him in CL anyway plus its not like we desperately need him, as evidenced yesterday.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #33793: Jan 15, 2018 01:56:20 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #33794: Jan 15, 2018 03:24:11 pm
      Looking at the way Ox has impressed another who would excel under Klopp is Ozil.

I wouldn't mind the Coutinho money going to bring him in as the creative spark in midfield.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33795: Jan 15, 2018 04:22:11 pm
      I'm hearing whispers of Ozil this afternoon. Any substance to this? Slow news day in work.

You get an an assist, you get an assist...
      Kopite78
      Reply #33796: Jan 15, 2018 04:55:32 pm
      Doubt it. Not enough pace to be a Klopp type
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #33797: Jan 15, 2018 05:19:41 pm

he is a strange player. whenever i see him play, then it looks like that he is a lazy player who dont defend then i see stats which show he runs alot, actually defends abit too. A quality player with ball on his feet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33798: Jan 15, 2018 05:31:48 pm

Rubbish, he's plenty quick enough and a brilliant technician. He'd be a superb addition to the team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #33799: Jan 15, 2018 05:38:53 pm
      Rubbish, he's plenty quick enough and a brilliant technician. He'd be a superb addition to the team.

Agree just need to look at his numbers in terms of his output.
      Top player.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #33800: Jan 15, 2018 05:39:45 pm
      Ozil is an incredibly talented footballer, but if you actually watch him on the pitch he's incredibly lazy in tracking back, tackling, and performing any defensive duties whatsoever - also looks like he's got a bit of an attitude problem on and off the field.

Personally don't think he'd fit the mold for what Klopp looks for in players and certainly don't think he'd put in anywhere near the shift that all 14 of our players put in against City yesterday in terms of aggression and effort.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33801: Jan 15, 2018 05:40:41 pm
      Agree just need to look at his numbers in terms of his output.
      Top player.

Look at the club he plays at a sinking ship captained by the crypt master, everybody going to look bad in that squad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #33802: Jan 15, 2018 05:47:44 pm
      Ozil is an incredibly talented footballer, but if you actually watch him on the pitch he's incredibly lazy in tracking back, tackling, and performing any defensive duties whatsoever - also looks like he's got a bit of an attitude problem on and off the field.

Personally don't think he'd fit the mold for what Klopp looks for in players and certainly don't think he'd put in anywhere near the shift that all 14 of our players put in against City yesterday in terms of aggression and effort.

It's a myth that he is lazy just look at the link below.
      Only thing against him is his age, at 29 would FSG sanction what would a huge wages for LFC.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/211361/the-surprising-mesut-ozil-stat-that-proves-hes-not-at-all-lazy/amp/
      Kopite78
      Reply #33803: Jan 15, 2018 06:02:07 pm

He's a great technician yes..

Quick? Nah
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #33804: Jan 15, 2018 06:51:09 pm
      Exactly why we won't be seeing Sanchez here.

https://twitter.com/timessport/status/952974981641789440
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #33805: Jan 15, 2018 07:44:54 pm

Think people have forgotten how good he really is after watching him for years in that sh*te Arsenal team. Whenever he plays (and Sanchez with him) they look an entirely different team. They're distinctly average without the two of them (look at the Bournemouth game).

Think of what Klopp has done with Chamberlain already in only 6 months time. With the utmost respect for Chamberlain, who is a fine player and has been playing really well recently, Özil is twice the player he is.

Don't agree with people saying he's lazy / doesn't track back. You don't get into a Mourinho side if you're lazy and don't do your defensive duties (at Madrid), you don't play in a Germany team becoming world champions if you're lazy, don't track back and dont do your defensive duties. He has been an integral part of Löw's Germany side for years.

Klopp has always spoken very, very highly of Özil when he was facing a lot of (undeserved?) criticism at the start of the season for example. The pace argument isn't a good one either, Firmino isn't blessed with great pace, but he's intelligent, just like Özil. I think he suits the Klopp mould perfectly. Not all players need to be lightning quick like Mane and Salah.

I'd absolutely love having him here. Imagine him playing and pulling the strings in midfield when we're facing sides that sit deep. He'd easily pick up Salah's, Mane's and Firmino's runs like no one else in our side currently can. We could use someone with his experience, winning some of the biggest trophies in the world of football and I'm sure he'd step it up under a manager that really rates him and that will get the absolute best out of him.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2018 07:50:29 pm by Danzel »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33806: Jan 15, 2018 07:46:34 pm
      whoever signs him, will have a lot of unhappy players. he's not welcome here, just a mercenary.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33807: Jan 15, 2018 07:53:01 pm

Think you could be on the mark there.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #33808: Jan 15, 2018 08:07:24 pm

Think his agent wants another 10m as well?

Crazy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #33809: Jan 15, 2018 08:15:00 pm

Agree.

I'd love him here.

Quick Reply