Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180643 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33810: Jan 15, 2018 08:31:21 pm

Soon have a divided dressing room with him in it 😳
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33811: Jan 15, 2018 09:00:42 pm

I doubt Ozil would divide a dressing room, no doubt after a few months Sanchez would but not Ozil.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #33812: Jan 15, 2018 10:27:02 pm
      I doubt Ozil would divide a dressing room, no doubt after a few months Sanchez would but not Ozil.

Yep, specially with wages of £350k per week, that’s going cause a lot of troubles. Don’t really like Ozil that much, football reasons but doesn’t seem to be a troublesome person.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33813: Jan 15, 2018 10:29:13 pm
      He is too old.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #33814: Jan 15, 2018 10:30:59 pm

Sorry chaps, I was referring to Sanchez. Crossed lines somewhere😬
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33815: Jan 15, 2018 10:42:23 pm
      Doubt it. Not enough pace to be a Klopp type

Coutinho was hardly speedy gonzalez
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #33816: Jan 16, 2018 02:50:59 am
      It's a myth that he is lazy just look at the link below.
      Only thing against him is his age, at 29 would FSG sanction what would a huge wages for LFC.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/211361/the-surprising-mesut-ozil-stat-that-proves-hes-not-at-all-lazy/amp/

That's an interesting pair of stats, but it's in comparison to just the Arsenal players and there aren't any other hard working players listed there either... Getting beat by Xhaka who looks even more like he's constantly in a state of being set in stone doesn't do much to change my opinion.

I don't think it's necessarily a matter of how much players run per game that determines their "laziness" when it comes to football, I think it's more of how quickly they close down players and how willing/determined they are to sprint back and win the ball after they lose it - I've seen Ozil in well over 100 games and I always watch him closely because I truly do think he's one of the most talented footballers around, and those are two aspects where he's always noticeably lacking to me.

He would add definitely add a lot of value to our team and I think a midfield trio of Can, Wijnaldum, and Ozil (or an Ozil quality CAM i.e. Coutinho) is both devastating and world class when paired with our front three - but I do have concerns with his attitude and work ethic just based on what I've seen, even though not a single one of us knows f*ck all what really happens in the locker room.

He'd also demand higher wages than I could imagine our ownership would be interested in paying.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #33817: Jan 16, 2018 07:05:37 am
      Think people have forgotten how good he really is after watching him for years in that sh*te Arsenal team. Whenever he plays (and Sanchez with him) they look an entirely different team. They're distinctly average without the two of them (look at the Bournemouth game).

Think of what Klopp has done with Chamberlain already in only 6 months time. With the utmost respect for Chamberlain, who is a fine player and has been playing really well recently, Özil is twice the player he is.

Don't agree with people saying he's lazy / doesn't track back. You don't get into a Mourinho side if you're lazy and don't do your defensive duties (at Madrid), you don't play in a Germany team becoming world champions if you're lazy, don't track back and dont do your defensive duties. He has been an integral part of Löw's Germany side for years.

Klopp has always spoken very, very highly of Özil when he was facing a lot of (undeserved?) criticism at the start of the season for example. The pace argument isn't a good one either, Firmino isn't blessed with great pace, but he's intelligent, just like Özil. I think he suits the Klopp mould perfectly. Not all players need to be lightning quick like Mane and Salah.

I'd absolutely love having him here. Imagine him playing and pulling the strings in midfield when we're facing sides that sit deep. He'd easily pick up Salah's, Mane's and Firmino's runs like no one else in our side currently can. We could use someone with his experience, winning some of the biggest trophies in the world of football and I'm sure he'd step it up under a manager that really rates him and that will get the absolute best out of him.

Agreed, would be a PHENOMENAL signing
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33818: Jan 16, 2018 08:30:50 am
      The only thing would be if he could adapt to having a dynamic role in the middle of the pitch when we don't have the ball.

Cannot doubt his ability. His vision is out of this world.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33819: Jan 16, 2018 08:33:47 am
      Agreed, would be a PHENOMENAL signing

He would add the touch of absolute class that we will need moving forward, another player wasted at arse , you have to question why players of his class want out of their current employ,

Arsenal are going backwards whereas we  are marching towards glorydom....

Go get him, he'll come

YNWA
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #33820: Jan 16, 2018 10:01:37 am
      Reading Arsenal are closing on Aubameyang...Weird Klopp don't want him...He can be winger or striker. Would be fantastic addition.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33821: Jan 16, 2018 10:36:45 am
      Hearing this morning on the grape vine (The Echo) is that we're going in for Oblak in the summer.

Mignolet is a gobs***e this morning as well. Sell.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33822: Jan 16, 2018 11:52:17 am
      sigh, I put again because I've been saying all month that Klopp is the decision maker. He decides who goes and who stays. He said it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGnAuObNqMc

and here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/Jürgen-klopp-philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona

and many more

Then you bring up an article that is pure speculation from a journalist who ''heard'' rumors from inside the club stating that Klopp threatened to quit if FSG sold Coutinho? Well everyone was adamant that Coutinho wouldn't be sold in the summer, so that's kind of contradicting from the journalist, I smell BS.

I believe in Klopp's words, he's the one who is saying the truth and no one else. He's been telling journalists over and over again that he tried his best to keep Coutinho, it was his decision to sell him and the money from the sale will go into investing players be it in Jan or in the summer. Stop it with this nonsense. If he finds that if it's worth it to spend 80m or 90m on Lemar he will do it.

He said here
      http://www.firstpost.com/sports/premier-league-liverpools-owners-will-determine-philippe-coutinhos-future-at-the-club-says-Jürgen-klopp-3925259.html
      and many other places that Premier League: Liverpool's owners will determine Philippe Coutinho's future at the club, says Jürgen Klopp

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/Jürgen-klopp-expects-liverpool-chiefs-to-resist-philippe-coutinho-exit-bid-36025847.html

Now like it or not does it sound as if Klopp has the final say on players...?
      But yet again you have ignored the point i was making...

"Are we being distracted with the whole Naby Keita will we get him early things so we are not noticing that we will not get a replacement for Coutinho in this window"

Now when i suggested here many months ago that Klopp many not have the final say on who comes and who goes many here where saying that Klopp would resign if FSG dared to impose their vision of how Liverpool is run on him, But here we are, Klopp wanting to originally keep Coutinho, going as far as to threaten to leave the club to selling Coutinho and still remaining at the club....

Now I see nothing wrong with someone changing their mind on either the sale of Coutinho (which I believe was better in the long run) or Klopp staying as manager, but please don't try and tell me that the owners are giving Klopp carte blanche to run, and by players that Klopp see fit and that FSG'S prime directive of buying cheap with a resalable value did not coming to it here and will not figure in any future sales

Edit..
      You say that FSG has stated that all the money from the sell of Coutinho will go to Klopp for future transfers... But what you nor I can truly know was the £75m paid for VVD a part loan against the money expected form the sale of Coutinho
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018 12:09:44 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33823: Jan 16, 2018 12:01:12 pm
      So you are calling Klopp a liar then and a coward as well who bows to pressure form the evil owners?
      Please....
      Now you are trying to turn others against me with that old " he is insulting Klopp" thing...?

O.K.... In the strictest sense of the word "Lie" or "lying" then yes he did, when he said that  ‘if you sell Coutinho, I will seriously consider my position at this club. Because if you sell that player from under my nose without giving me any reason or the opportunity to buy a player who can replace him, then you’re undermining my opportunity and ambition to make this club a serious contender for the Premier League and the Champions League.Think about that before you sell Coutinho."

Now you can agree that he said that he would "seriously consider my position at this club" that he was not making a definitive statement, but we all know what was meant by this....

Edit... It could have been pointed out to Klopp that certain things were written into his contract he signed that he would be in breach of that dictates/dictated his actions
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018 12:05:40 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33824: Jan 16, 2018 12:50:46 pm
      Reading Arsenal are closing on Aubameyang...Weird Klopp don't want him...He can be winger or striker. Would be fantastic addition.

He's not THAT good.

And i don't even think he'd make our first XI...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33825: Jan 16, 2018 12:58:00 pm
      He's not THAT good.

And i don't even think he'd make our first XI...

He certainly wouldn't break in to our fab three. But I wouldn't turn him down either if say Sturridge was to leave.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33826: Jan 16, 2018 01:48:28 pm
      He certainly wouldn't break in to our fab three. But I wouldn't turn him down either if say Sturridge was to leave.
      Don't thing that he would come here to play second fiddle... Would have to be a part of the rotation, and would he of the others be happy with that.... Keeping them all happy and firing Klopp would really be earning his money
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #33827: Jan 16, 2018 03:48:07 pm
      What with the changes and obvious clearout at Arsenal apart from Sanchez and Ozil the only other player I think who would be worth a punt is Jack Wilshere his record of injuries would be my only concern what do you guys think Y/N
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018 04:15:06 pm by Cad1875 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #33828: Jan 16, 2018 03:48:35 pm

How come?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #33829: Jan 16, 2018 04:21:38 pm
      What with the changes and obvious clearout at Arsenal apart from Sanchez and Ozil the only other player I think who would be worth a punt is Jack Wilshere his record of injuries would be my only concern what do you guys think Y/N

Don't rate him. Don't think he is better than the players we have right now.  Weird time for Arsenal to get rid of all the deadwood.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33830: Jan 16, 2018 04:24:07 pm
      Anyone here slightly disappointed we are not in for Sanchez? He is the perfect Klopp type player and could give us 3 peak years, but unfortunately, he doesn't tick the boxes for FSG :(
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #33831: Jan 16, 2018 04:36:48 pm
      Anyone here slightly disappointed we are not in for Sanchez? He is the perfect Klopp type player and could give us 3 peak years, but unfortunately, he doesn't tick the boxes for FSG :(

350k a week, 35m and 5m in agent fees for a player who isn't just 29 years old but free in the summer? naaaah, I think I'll pass.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #33832: Jan 16, 2018 04:36:57 pm

Wages

Quick Reply