Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179596 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33856: Jan 17, 2018 11:27:56 am
      Sorry but that's bollocks, it is ignorant and arrogant to believe that only one tactic will always be successful, in life as well as football you must be able to have several options available and if one doesn't work try another. It is probably my one and only gripe about Klopp that he is to rigid in his plan A although I have seen a bit more flexibility and adaptation lately.  As an example I give you Fellaini at Manure, yes I don't like him very much either but as a lump to put up top to provide knock downs or nick a goal from a corner/cross he is very effective and provides a very good option off the bench. That is the kind of thing I am talking about, a plan B for those rare times plan A doesn't work

Having only plan A doesnt mean the boss cant change tactics and formation, and buying players that doesnt suit our mantra and playstyle is stuipidty. A team is never finished, there is always something you can improve. So stick with plan A, buy better players for plan A, practice it better and there wont be any need for pulis type of players.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #33857: Jan 17, 2018 11:30:42 am
      I agree with the above posters mate. I prefer we stick to our plan A bring in players that compliments the manager's tactics. Remember that each player we buy has their own unique set of abilities, so if you want to change things up you can bring in or substitute Salah or Mane in a game with Pulisic who is a great dribbler, crosser and link up to try to get something out of one game let's say when we are 1-1 (hypothetical scenario). Buying a target man is not the way Klopp wants. Remember that Brenden Rodgers tried the Benteke experiment and it failed miserably because he did not compliment Rodger's playing mentality. We should invest, maybe, for another false 9 as rotation/backup to Firmino.

Hereā€™s the thing......

ā€œPlan Aā€ is really a manifesto made up of a myriad of little elements of a sophisticated machine. Like a Swiss watch.

ā€œPlan Bā€ is I have no f***in plan - I tell the time looking at the sun.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33858: Jan 17, 2018 11:58:32 am
      Hang on guys....Ladyboy's available for Ā£89m...any takers ?....

INCOMING !!!!!!! 😁😉

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33859: Jan 17, 2018 11:59:53 am
      Question for you all, what happens in a game if Plan A simply doesn't work, despite all the myriad pieces working as they should. If the opponent has found a way of negating your plan A would you really suggest we continue with Plan A and draw or perhaps lose the game or would it be sensible to have a Plan B which can be used.

BTW I absolutely F***ing Love JĆ¼rgen's Plan A, but sometimes I wish we had a Fellaini type player which we could deploy to break down stubborn defences, like against West Brom for example.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33860: Jan 17, 2018 12:17:12 pm

INCOMING !!!!!!! 😁😉

YNWA

Rooney?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #33861: Jan 17, 2018 12:18:18 pm

INCOMING !!!!!!! 😁😉

YNWA

Klopp and Ronaldo would go together like farts in an elevator.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #33862: Jan 17, 2018 12:20:03 pm
      https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/953576267089088512

If Emre stays, I think we are set in midfield for next season - Keita, Gini, Milner, Hendo, Emre, Chambo, Lallana and Grujic (hope he comes good). May be another attacking mid who can also play in the front-3

We can focus on spending big on Alisson/Oblak plus 2 more attacking players - probably a winger/attacking mid and a forward. With Sturridge, Ings and Origi set to leave, we just have Bobby, Mane, Salah and Dom, and that's quite thin.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33863: Jan 17, 2018 12:53:36 pm
      https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/953576267089088512

If Emre stays, I think we are set in midfield for next season - Keita, Gini, Milner, Hendo, Emre, Chambo, Lallana and Grujic (hope he comes good). May be another attacking mid who can also play in the front-3

We can focus on spending big on Alisson/Oblak plus 2 more attacking players - probably a winger/attacking mid and a forward. With Sturridge, Ings and Origi set to leave, we just have Bobby, Mane, Salah and Dom, and that's quite thin.

I would keep Origi as Bobbys backup
      Kopite78
      Reply #33864: Jan 17, 2018 01:01:33 pm
      I would keep Origi as Bobbys backup

I'd sell and get a more suitable back up to Bobby
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #33865: Jan 17, 2018 01:29:43 pm
      Random thought -- if Dom Solanke can replace Coutinho as the 4th member of our Fab Four attack, it will be Bobby - Dom - Sadio - Mo.  BDSM

😂
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #33866: Jan 17, 2018 03:47:01 pm
      On a more serious note, it looks like our January business will be 1 out (Coutinho) and 1 in (VVD).  I'm happy enough with that considering we are still very potent in attack without Coutinho.  If VVD can tighten up our leaky back line, then we will be better off in the long run. 

Obvious problem areas still remain though....

GK --  Nothing really needs to be said.  The 2 clowns are not good enough.  We need a top class GK in the summer.

RB --  The absence of Clyne has been felt recently.  Dropped points against Arsenal and the slide started with a Gomez mistake.  He is a promising player, but he isn't a RB.  Maybe a long term partner for VVD in the middle, but he isn't suited to the flank.  TAA is still too young to be counted on regularly.  Depending on if/when/how Nat comes back, we may or may not need to strengthen here in the summer. 

CB --  Matip is good, but seems injury prone.  Lovren is alright, but has his nightmare games (Spurs) far too often.  Klavan is a decent 4th or 5th choice to have in case of an injury crisis.  Gomez is a long term fit, but not ready yet.  We probably need to dip into the market and get a partner for VVD.  Keep Matip as 2nd choice, and let Gomez gradually grow into the role over the next 1-2 years. 

CM --  This depends on the Can contract saga.  If he signs an extension, then we are all set.  If he goes, we need to replace him.  Emre, Gini, and Hendo all play the deeper role.  Ox, Keita, and Lallana will all be more of the attack minded options.  In open games, we will likely play 2 of Hendo/Gini/Emre and 1 of the other.  In games against bus-parkers, we will likely play 1 holding mid and 2 of Ox/Lallana/Keita. 

CF --  It is interesting that our greatest strength (our attack) is also one of our biggest concerns.  If one of Mane, Salah, or Bobby do an ACL, who do we have in reserve?  Who do we have to rotate with them if one of them needs a break?  Ox or Lallana could play out wide, but not to the level of the current group.  Solanke can play at ST, but not to the level of Bobby.  We really need a player who can play anywhere across the front 3, and do so at a similar level that the current front 3 bring.  This won't be an easy find, but surely there has to be a player out there who fits the bill, and with 140M in the bank from selling bi*ch-boy, we should be able to afford just about anyone JĆ¼rgen wants. 

So, definitely need a GK, CB, and versatile CF.  Possibly a RB and CM. 
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #33867: Jan 17, 2018 03:59:13 pm
      Defo need someone in to replace coutinho
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #33868: Jan 17, 2018 04:06:07 pm
      But we don't play with a number 10

You want to change the formation? From one that's led to us scoring 85 goals in all comps this season.
      Take away a player who's not only contributed 17 of those but is integral to getting the best out of Mane and Salah?

You can't just stick an out and out 10 in this formation as you would lose control of midfield

I'd rather stick with what we've been doing thanks and  just get another option that fits in that front three we have that's been nothing short of sensational this season

I think Aubameyang can/do a job on the left as well as playing as a number 9 mate. The truth is we're an injury to Firmino away from having Dom Solanke learning the line for the rest of the season. That doesn't sit too comfortably with me so when a player like Aubameyang whom Klopp has had success with comes on the market I think we'd be stupid to not be in the market for him. But then I guess Klopp knows him better than anyone.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33869: Jan 17, 2018 04:11:57 pm
      I think Aubameyang can/do a job on the left as well as playing as a number 9 mate. The truth is we're an injury to Firmino away from having Dom Solanke learning the line for the rest of the season. That doesn't sit too comfortably with me so when a player like Aubameyang whom Klopp has had success with comes on the market I think we'd be stupid to not be in the market for him. But then I guess Klopp knows him better than anyone.

I agree we bring someone in.. absolutely for the reason you have laid out

My post there was opposing changing Bobbys position within a system that works

More players though? Defo
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #33870: Jan 17, 2018 04:13:45 pm

Spot on - much more concerned about cover for Boaby than a Cou replacement personally.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33871: Jan 17, 2018 04:27:35 pm
      Defo need someone in to replace coutinho

Based on?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #33872: Jan 17, 2018 04:29:26 pm
      Any of the front 3 gets injured we need a replacement of quality, solanke ? Ings ? Nah
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33873: Jan 17, 2018 04:53:01 pm
      Any of the front 3 gets injured we need a replacement of quality, solanke ? Ings ? Nah

Its not quite that bad guys, we do have 2 or 3 other options for those positions. For example Lallana and Ox could play in Salah or Mane's role. Solanke and Sturridge could play in Firminio's role as could Woodburn at a push. Of course I wouldn't say no to some reinforcements but its not really a key weakness unless we have a real injury nightmare.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #33874: Jan 17, 2018 05:43:02 pm
      Sturridge will look to go he has to play or hes in the hoose come World Cup time ,if he doesnt want to splash the cash just for the sake of it he targets who he wants no matter what the papers or rumour mills say. Origi back would be the best option IMO he has a bit more about him than Solanke
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #33875: Jan 17, 2018 05:57:00 pm
      Its not quite that bad guys, we do have 2 or 3 other options for those positions. For example Lallana and Ox could play in Salah or Mane's role. Solanke and Sturridge could play in Firminio's role as could Woodburn at a push. Of course I wouldn't say no to some reinforcements but its not really a key weakness unless we have a real injury nightmare.

I agree in wide areas we've got some cover with Lallana and Ox both being quite flexible but through the middle I would worry, Salah could potentially do the job I think but it's clear Studge and Ings are not long term options so again, a player like Auba who seems to have fallen out with Dortmund makes so much sense given his record and previous success as a regular first teamer for Klopp.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #33876: Jan 17, 2018 06:54:00 pm
      It will be Pulisic next summer.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33877: Jan 17, 2018 07:11:50 pm

I personally think your right.

Would not surprise me in the least to see Oblak, Pulisic and Lemar as the Summer signings.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #33878: Jan 17, 2018 07:18:41 pm
      I personally think your right.

Would not surprise me in the least to see Oblak, Pulisic and Lemar as the Summer signings.
      I like your optimism mate. If we got Oblak Iā€™d be more than chuffed. Not seen very much of the other two but hearing theyā€™re the real deal. Personally Iā€™d like to see us get Lanzini; think heā€™d be more than handy as a back up player with a view to becoming a regular starter.

Quick Reply