Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179194 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34477: Feb 09, 2018 08:42:11 am
      Would be mate but it’s not going to happen. He’s right up there with Coutinho imo. Doubt Madrid would sell and, if they did, it would be for a big fat sum.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34478: Feb 09, 2018 10:10:02 am
      According to Pearce we've "cooled our interest" in Lamar! Yup, we were that interested in him that we didn't bother bidding for him in the last two windows! 👍
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34479: Feb 09, 2018 12:03:50 pm
      According to Pearce we've "cooled our interest" in Lamar! Yup, we were that interested in him that we didn't bother bidding for him in the last two windows! 👍

Aggressive monitoring.... 

"You still want 90M for him?!  Sorry, but we're not that interested." 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34480: Feb 09, 2018 12:36:11 pm
      Aggressive monitoring.... 

"You still want 90M for him?!  Sorry, but we're not that interested." 
      90m is pretty steep for a player that’s not having the greatest year and I’d wager there are better players out there for that price.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34481: Feb 09, 2018 06:11:10 pm
      90m is pretty steep for a player that’s not having the greatest year and I’d wager there are better players out there for that price.

Keita isn't having the best year apparently, neither was Van Dijk. I think having your head turned can lead to a temporary drop in form. I'd hate to miss out on Lamar then he turns out to be with the hype.
      I think the £90 price (although I think I would be less) is too much if a risk for safety first FSG to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34482: Feb 09, 2018 07:00:29 pm
      Keita isn't having the best year apparently, neither was Van Dijk. I think having your head turned can lead to a temporary drop in form. I'd hate to miss out on Lamar then he turns out to be with the hype.
      I think the £90 price (although I think I would be less) is too much if a risk for safety first FSG to be honest.

I thought Keita was having a good season? Saw something not long ago about how well he was playing and getting some cracking assists or something.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34483: Feb 09, 2018 07:02:43 pm
      I thought Keita was having a good season? Saw something not long ago about how well he was playing and getting some cracking assists or something.
      Then he got a few red cards and just played a bit sh*te. He doesn't really want to be there.

As for Lemar, not worth 90m. Nobody is. Lemar has been average this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34484: Feb 09, 2018 07:05:46 pm
      Then he got a few red cards and just played a bit sh*te. He doesn't really want to be there.

I’m not really following him this season to be honest, but if he is playing bad (obviously because he has had enough there), then can people blame us for letting Coutinho go? If we kept him, he might have gone on to play sh*t. At least Keita isn’t faking injury to not play though.
      Ultimately, as long as he smashes it for us, don’t really care how he plays for them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34485: Feb 09, 2018 07:09:47 pm
      I’m not really following him this season to be honest, but if he is playing bad (obviously because he has had enough there), then can people blame us for letting Coutinho go? If we kept him, he might have gone on to play sh*t. At least Keita isn’t faking injury to not play though.
      Ultimately, as long as he smashes it for us, don’t really care how he plays for them.
      That's how I feel about it too. 3 red cards just shows Keita just  doesn't give a crap about Leipzig, they should have let him go.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34486: Feb 09, 2018 07:21:51 pm
      Keita isn't actually playing that bad, but the more I watch him, the more I realise he isn't gonna solve our midfield alone. We really do need a midfield enforcer that can distribute better than what we currently have, and along side Keita, we can then start looking at winning midfield battles.

Oh, and Keita is kicking off in 10 mins time on BT sports if anyone is interested!!!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34487: Feb 09, 2018 08:49:31 pm

I read somewhere his manager questioned his attitude, but I don't watch German football though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34488: Feb 09, 2018 11:11:55 pm
      I read somewhere his manager questioned his attitude, but I don't watch German football though.

Think in terms of all the players moving or being linked with moves, certainly big money ones anyway, Keita has probably conducted himself the best. As far as I'm aware he hasn't actually submitted a transfer request in the summer did he? Don't remember seeing anything about refusing to play, train or whatever either. Unlike Coutinho with a request and faking injury, VVD with a request and not with the team at the start of the season, Mahrez request and gone AWOL.

But like you, I don't really pay much notice to the German league so I could be completely wrong.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34489: Feb 09, 2018 11:22:13 pm
      Think in terms of all the players moving or being linked with moves, certainly big money ones anyway, Keita has probably conducted himself the best. As far as I'm aware he hasn't actually submitted a transfer request in the summer did he? Don't remember seeing anything about refusing to play, train or whatever either. Unlike Coutinho with a request and faking injury, VVD with a request and not with the team at the start of the season, Mahrez request and gone AWOL.

But like you, I don't really pay much notice to the German league so I could be completely wrong.

As far a I know, Keita was informed by the club that Liverpool wouldn't pay anything extra to secure hie early release, and he accepted it. Sure what's 4 more months to a young lad like him? Not worth kicking up a fuss.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34490: Feb 10, 2018 12:24:36 am
      Keita scored tonight so I wouldn't worry too much re his attitude.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #34491: Feb 10, 2018 01:19:41 pm

Keita is having a good season. Van Dijk was injured and came back from injury in September (did not have a proper pre-season). Klopp probably found better alternatives than Lemar and FSG paid 75m to bring in VVD and that's a big risk, so you're really misinformed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34492: Feb 10, 2018 01:25:10 pm

For that kind of money though you would expect it to be a player that is easily recognizable in world football. I don’t know that Lemar is? Before our interest in him I’d not ever really heard much of him. He’s not necessarily saying much but still.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34493: Feb 10, 2018 02:21:03 pm
      Keita is having a good season. Van Dijk was injured and came back from injury in September (did not have a proper pre-season). Klopp probably found better alternatives than Lemar and FSG paid 75m to bring in VVD and that's a big risk, so you're really misinformed.

Would've say it's a big risk paying that for Van Dijk. The man has proven his quality in the Premier league. Lamar at big money with no PL experience would qualify as a risk imo, but due to his age COULD be a risk worth taking.
      Doesn't look like it's happening so it's a moot point.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34494: Feb 10, 2018 02:22:41 pm
      For that kind of money though you would expect it to be a player that is easily recognizable in world football. I don’t know that Lemar is? Before our interest in him I’d not ever really heard much of him. He’s not necessarily saying much but still.

I've no idea if he's worth that much, but I'd hate to see another player we missed the boat on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34495: Feb 10, 2018 05:50:16 pm
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #34496: Feb 10, 2018 07:38:39 pm

Is it a-sense-eo or ass-en-sow?

Also, don't believe it myself but I also wouldn't say no to the transfer either.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34497: Feb 10, 2018 08:36:56 pm
      Anyone watching Napoli vs Lazio? Just F***ing offer 100m for Jorginho ffs!!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34498: Feb 10, 2018 09:42:08 pm

Haha won’t pay 90m for Lemar but we’d table a huge bid for this guy?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34499: Feb 12, 2018 06:52:39 am
      Haha won’t pay 90m for Lemar but we’d table a huge bid for this guy?

It's surprising what you can buy with monopoly money.

Quick Reply