Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Chelsea [League Cup] Wed 26th Sep @ 7:45 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D4 L9

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2094209 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,086 posts | 1310 
      • 5 Times!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34680: Feb 09, 2018 08:49:31 pm
      I thought Keita was having a good season? Saw something not long ago about how well he was playing and getting some cracking assists or something.

I read somewhere his manager questioned his attitude, but I don't watch German football though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,445 posts | 2453 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34681: Feb 09, 2018 11:11:55 pm
      I read somewhere his manager questioned his attitude, but I don't watch German football though.

Think in terms of all the players moving or being linked with moves, certainly big money ones anyway, Keita has probably conducted himself the best. As far as I'm aware he hasn't actually submitted a transfer request in the summer did he? Don't remember seeing anything about refusing to play, train or whatever either. Unlike Coutinho with a request and faking injury, VVD with a request and not with the team at the start of the season, Mahrez request and gone AWOL.

But like you, I don't really pay much notice to the German league so I could be completely wrong.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,086 posts | 1310 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #34682: Feb 09, 2018 11:22:13 pm
      Think in terms of all the players moving or being linked with moves, certainly big money ones anyway, Keita has probably conducted himself the best. As far as I'm aware he hasn't actually submitted a transfer request in the summer did he? Don't remember seeing anything about refusing to play, train or whatever either. Unlike Coutinho with a request and faking injury, VVD with a request and not with the team at the start of the season, Mahrez request and gone AWOL.

But like you, I don't really pay much notice to the German league so I could be completely wrong.

As far a I know, Keita was informed by the club that Liverpool wouldn't pay anything extra to secure hie early release, and he accepted it. Sure what's 4 more months to a young lad like him? Not worth kicking up a fuss.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,078 posts | 2263 
      Reply #34683: Feb 10, 2018 12:24:36 am
      Keita scored tonight so I wouldn't worry too much re his attitude.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,927 posts | 394 
      Reply #34684: Feb 10, 2018 01:19:41 pm
      Keita isn't having the best year apparently, neither was Van Dijk. I think having your head turned can lead to a temporary drop in form. I'd hate to miss out on Lamar then he turns out to be with the hype.
      I think the £90 price (although I think I would be less) is too much if a risk for safety first FSG to be honest.

Keita is having a good season. Van Dijk was injured and came back from injury in September (did not have a proper pre-season). Klopp probably found better alternatives than Lemar and FSG paid 75m to bring in VVD and that's a big risk, so you're really misinformed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,863 posts | 3068 
      Reply #34685: Feb 10, 2018 01:25:10 pm
      Keita isn't having the best year apparently, neither was Van Dijk. I think having your head turned can lead to a temporary drop in form. I'd hate to miss out on Lamar then he turns out to be with the hype.
      I think the £90 price (although I think I would be less) is too much if a risk for safety first FSG to be honest.

For that kind of money though you would expect it to be a player that is easily recognizable in world football. I don’t know that Lemar is? Before our interest in him I’d not ever really heard much of him. He’s not necessarily saying much but still.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,086 posts | 1310 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #34686: Feb 10, 2018 02:21:03 pm
      Keita is having a good season. Van Dijk was injured and came back from injury in September (did not have a proper pre-season). Klopp probably found better alternatives than Lemar and FSG paid 75m to bring in VVD and that's a big risk, so you're really misinformed.

Would've say it's a big risk paying that for Van Dijk. The man has proven his quality in the Premier league. Lamar at big money with no PL experience would qualify as a risk imo, but due to his age COULD be a risk worth taking.
      Doesn't look like it's happening so it's a moot point.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,086 posts | 1310 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #34687: Feb 10, 2018 02:22:41 pm
      For that kind of money though you would expect it to be a player that is easily recognizable in world football. I don’t know that Lemar is? Before our interest in him I’d not ever really heard much of him. He’s not necessarily saying much but still.

I've no idea if he's worth that much, but I'd hate to see another player we missed the boat on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,078 posts | 2263 
      Reply #34688: Feb 10, 2018 05:50:16 pm
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 284 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #34689: Feb 10, 2018 07:38:39 pm

Is it a-sense-eo or ass-en-sow?

Also, don't believe it myself but I also wouldn't say no to the transfer either.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,411 posts | 1150 
      Reply #34690: Feb 10, 2018 08:36:56 pm
      Anyone watching Napoli vs Lazio? Just f**king offer 100m for Jorginho ffs!!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,863 posts | 3068 
      Reply #34691: Feb 10, 2018 09:42:08 pm

Haha won’t pay 90m for Lemar but we’d table a huge bid for this guy?
      Billy1

• 9,870 posts | 1335 
      Reply #34692: Feb 12, 2018 06:52:39 am
      Haha won’t pay 90m for Lemar but we’d table a huge bid for this guy?

It's surprising what you can buy with monopoly money.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,102 posts | 1338 
      Reply #34693: Feb 12, 2018 03:44:01 pm

We were linked with him before Napoli signed him. Diawara is another on their books that has a bright future too isn't he?
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,710 posts | 472 
      Reply #34694: Feb 12, 2018 05:43:19 pm
      As far a I know, Keita was informed by the club that Liverpool wouldn't pay anything extra to secure hie early release, and he accepted it. Sure what's 4 more months to a young lad like him? Not worth kicking up a fuss.

Pretty sure Liverpool did offer to pay more - not sure how much more - so "wouldn't pay anything extra" is not accurate.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,086 posts | 1310 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #34695: Feb 12, 2018 05:54:22 pm
      Pretty sure Liverpool did offer to pay more - not sure how much more - so "wouldn't pay anything extra" is not accurate.

Depends where you read it mate. I heard They were looking to much and we wouldn't pay it.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,411 posts | 1150 
      Reply #34696: Feb 12, 2018 09:55:11 pm
      We were linked with him before Napoli signed him. Diawara is another on their books that has a bright future too isn't he?

Didn't know we was linked to him, and tbh, I doubt we will get him. He will either stay with Napoli or go to Barca, Real, City or Chelsea imo.

As for Diawara, I don't really watch Napoli when Jorginho isn't playing, but the little I have seen of him when he comes on, he does look good (probably would be an improvement over the players we have in the deepest midfield role), but you can also see a drop in level with Napoli being weaker in possession play.
      harrydunn08

• 5,128 posts | 596 
      Reply #34697: Feb 13, 2018 10:26:57 pm

It's always hard to judge how players will adjust with the move from Serie A to the Prem and vice versa.  For example, Lucas couldn't get a game at CM for us last year, but is a regular at Lazio and is having a really good season -- he's even got a goal and a few assists to boot!! 

Whoscored.com gives Lucas an average rating of 7.17 for the season.  Jorginho is at 7.13

I'm not saying Jorginho isn't a good player, but history hasn't been kind to a lot of players who have made the move from Italy to England.  Obviously, Mo Salah shits all over this theory....
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,411 posts | 1150 
      Reply #34698: Feb 13, 2018 10:51:54 pm
      It's always hard to judge how players will adjust with the move from Serie A to the Prem and vice versa.  For example, Lucas couldn't get a game at CM for us last year, but is a regular at Lazio and is having a really good season -- he's even got a goal and a few assists to boot!! 

Whoscored.com gives Lucas an average rating of 7.17 for the season.  Jorginho is at 7.13

I'm not saying Jorginho isn't a good player, but history hasn't been kind to a lot of players who have made the move from Italy to England.  Obviously, Mo Salah shits all over this theory....

Lucas has been great for Lazio this season hasn't he? It's mainly because he is staying fit and getting a long run of games in his main position. I always thought he played very well when called upon and was very underrated for us, especially in the #6 role. Diego pulled up stats to show we were defensively stronger with Lucas in the team oppose to when Hendo started there, but I understood why Klopp went for Hendo or Can as they were more reliable in terms of fitness.

Anyway, I think Jorginho will fall into the Coutinho and Salah bracket, his style of play would be perfect for us, especially with the midfielders we currently have which will compliment him. He is truly world class and for me, better than Alonso was when he was the same age.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,469 posts | 3249 
      Reply #34699: Feb 14, 2018 05:36:29 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,661 posts | 4316 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34700: Feb 14, 2018 05:39:37 pm
      What's the deal with Ndidi? Is he any good?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,872 posts | 1508 
      Reply #34701: Feb 14, 2018 05:41:26 pm

Yes Ndidi...........

;)
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,684 posts | 1573 
      Reply #34702: Feb 14, 2018 05:44:00 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,863 posts | 3068 
      Reply #34703: Feb 14, 2018 05:44:25 pm

Don't give up your day job....unless it's comedy ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,872 posts | 1508 
      Reply #34704: Feb 14, 2018 05:47:28 pm

Don't give up your day job....unless it's comedy ;D

Oh come on, that’s f***in’ golden.......🙄
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,863 posts | 3068 
      Reply #34705: Feb 14, 2018 06:01:04 pm
      Oh come on, that’s f***in’ golden.......🙄

I'm afraid that by plussing you  I may encourage similar future behavior.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,661 posts | 4316 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34706: Feb 14, 2018 06:36:51 pm

I can't let atrocious puns go without rewards. Have a thumbs up!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,872 posts | 1508 
      Reply #34707: Feb 14, 2018 06:48:36 pm
      I'm afraid that by plussing you  I may encourage similar future behavior.
      ;)

I’ve always considered it a strength of character that my ego is almost exclusively self sufficient........

Some folk say “self praise is no praise Al” when I pat myself on the back for virtually any achievement regardless of scale / complexity / obstacles.

I always say “no, it’s just a bit more.......”

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,585 posts | 37 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34708: Feb 15, 2018 07:45:43 pm

I seen him play a handful of times this season, he got a good engine and cover a lot of ground but never been impressed with his ability on the ball. Only young so there is room for improvement but looks a raw player right now.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,927 posts | 394 
      Reply #34709: Feb 15, 2018 08:03:44 pm
      Looks like we really want Alisson. I guess that would be the end for Mignolet as I see Karius rotating with Alisson next season.

Quick Reply