Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179414 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34500: Feb 12, 2018 03:44:01 pm
      Anyone watching Napoli vs Lazio? Just F***ing offer 100m for Jorginho ffs!!!!

We were linked with him before Napoli signed him. Diawara is another on their books that has a bright future too isn't he?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34501: Feb 12, 2018 05:43:19 pm
      As far a I know, Keita was informed by the club that Liverpool wouldn't pay anything extra to secure hie early release, and he accepted it. Sure what's 4 more months to a young lad like him? Not worth kicking up a fuss.

Pretty sure Liverpool did offer to pay more - not sure how much more - so "wouldn't pay anything extra" is not accurate.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34502: Feb 12, 2018 05:54:22 pm
      Pretty sure Liverpool did offer to pay more - not sure how much more - so "wouldn't pay anything extra" is not accurate.

Depends where you read it mate. I heard They were looking to much and we wouldn't pay it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34503: Feb 12, 2018 09:55:11 pm
      We were linked with him before Napoli signed him. Diawara is another on their books that has a bright future too isn't he?

Didn't know we was linked to him, and tbh, I doubt we will get him. He will either stay with Napoli or go to Barca, Real, City or Chelsea imo.

As for Diawara, I don't really watch Napoli when Jorginho isn't playing, but the little I have seen of him when he comes on, he does look good (probably would be an improvement over the players we have in the deepest midfield role), but you can also see a drop in level with Napoli being weaker in possession play.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34504: Feb 13, 2018 10:26:57 pm
      Anyone watching Napoli vs Lazio? Just f**king offer 100m for Jorginho ffs!!!!

It's always hard to judge how players will adjust with the move from Serie A to the Prem and vice versa.  For example, Lucas couldn't get a game at CM for us last year, but is a regular at Lazio and is having a really good season -- he's even got a goal and a few assists to boot!! 

Whoscored.com gives Lucas an average rating of 7.17 for the season.  Jorginho is at 7.13

I'm not saying Jorginho isn't a good player, but history hasn't been kind to a lot of players who have made the move from Italy to England.  Obviously, Mo Salah shits all over this theory....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34505: Feb 13, 2018 10:51:54 pm
      It's always hard to judge how players will adjust with the move from Serie A to the Prem and vice versa.  For example, Lucas couldn't get a game at CM for us last year, but is a regular at Lazio and is having a really good season -- he's even got a goal and a few assists to boot!! 

Whoscored.com gives Lucas an average rating of 7.17 for the season.  Jorginho is at 7.13

I'm not saying Jorginho isn't a good player, but history hasn't been kind to a lot of players who have made the move from Italy to England.  Obviously, Mo Salah shits all over this theory....

Lucas has been great for Lazio this season hasn't he? It's mainly because he is staying fit and getting a long run of games in his main position. I always thought he played very well when called upon and was very underrated for us, especially in the #6 role. Diego pulled up stats to show we were defensively stronger with Lucas in the team oppose to when Hendo started there, but I understood why Klopp went for Hendo or Can as they were more reliable in terms of fitness.

Anyway, I think Jorginho will fall into the Coutinho and Salah bracket, his style of play would be perfect for us, especially with the midfielders we currently have which will compliment him. He is truly world class and for me, better than Alonso was when he was the same age.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34506: Feb 14, 2018 05:36:29 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34507: Feb 14, 2018 05:39:37 pm
      What's the deal with Ndidi? Is he any good?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34508: Feb 14, 2018 05:41:26 pm

Yes Ndidi...........

;)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34509: Feb 14, 2018 05:44:00 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34510: Feb 14, 2018 05:44:25 pm

Don't give up your day job....unless it's comedy ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34511: Feb 14, 2018 05:47:28 pm

Don't give up your day job....unless it's comedy ;D

Oh come on, thatā€™s f***inā€™ golden.......🙄
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34512: Feb 14, 2018 06:01:04 pm
      Oh come on, thatā€™s f***inā€™ golden.......🙄

I'm afraid that by plussing you  I may encourage similar future behavior.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34513: Feb 14, 2018 06:36:51 pm

I can't let atrocious puns go without rewards. Have a thumbs up!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34514: Feb 14, 2018 06:48:36 pm
      I'm afraid that by plussing you  I may encourage similar future behavior.
      ;)

Iā€™ve always considered it a strength of character that my ego is almost exclusively self sufficient........

Some folk say ā€œself praise is no praise Alā€ when I pat myself on the back for virtually any achievement regardless of scale / complexity / obstacles.

I always say ā€œno, itā€™s just a bit more.......ā€

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34515: Feb 15, 2018 07:45:43 pm

I seen him play a handful of times this season, he got a good engine and cover a lot of ground but never been impressed with his ability on the ball. Only young so there is room for improvement but looks a raw player right now.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #34516: Feb 15, 2018 08:03:44 pm
      Looks like we really want Alisson. I guess that would be the end for Mignolet as I see Karius rotating with Alisson next season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34517: Feb 16, 2018 04:20:59 am
      I like the fact that karius has the number 1 shirt now and the pressure of potentially a new keeper coming in during the summer.
      Great test to see if we can move forward and see if Lorius can be our first pick going forward for the coming years.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34518: Feb 16, 2018 04:23:02 am
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #34519: Feb 16, 2018 09:34:29 am
      Good to see us linked with a top quality keeper. We need a world class goalie and despite a few solid performances Lorus Karius is not the answer. We need a player to match the quality of our rivals. De Gea, Ederson, Courtouis, Lloris, Karius. Spot the odd one out.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34520: Feb 16, 2018 09:52:36 am
      Good to see us linked with a top quality keeper. We need a world class goalie and despite a few solid performances Lorus Karius is not the answer. We need a player to match the quality of our rivals. De Gea, Ederson, Courtouis, Lloris, Karius. Spot the odd one out.

Absolutely
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3385214/liverpool-stepping-up-pursuit-of-romas-alisson-sources

Ideally Mignolet goes in summer, we get a new no.1, and Karius, who has improved, will be the backup.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34521: Feb 16, 2018 10:43:51 am
      I am really hoping that all this briefing about us not being interested in Allison is just for the benefit of Karius, so that he doesn't get disheartened. As much as I've been impressed with Karius these last few games we need better or at least some good competition for him if we are to go to the next level.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34522: Feb 16, 2018 03:34:27 pm
      I like how depending on who you listen to we are either stepping up  our pursuit of Allison or abandoning it completely. These journos are clueless. :D

Quick Reply