Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179241 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34523: Feb 16, 2018 04:15:53 pm
      I like how depending on who you listen to we are either stepping up  our pursuit of Allison or abandoning it completely. These journos are clueless. :D

Haha, last night Sky said we want Alisson, today the LFC journos say we don’t want him anymore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34524: Feb 16, 2018 10:31:30 pm
      No doubt De Gea will head to Madrid and then those cu*ts will try to outbid us on any deal for this fella.

That's probably why the journos are saying we are cooling our interest in Allison, just to throw Mourinho and his cronies off the trail.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34525: Feb 16, 2018 10:34:15 pm
      No doubt De Gea will head to Madrid and then those cu*ts will try to outbid us on any deal for this fella.

That's probably why the journos are saying we are cooling our interest in Allison, just to throw Mourinho and his cronies off the trail.

Well, at least with Jose's recent track record with transfers, it wont be a success if they did get him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34526: Feb 16, 2018 10:48:29 pm
      Well, at least with Jose's recent track record with transfers, it wont be a success if they did get him.

Let's hope so mate, hear Pogba might go to Real Madrid. The exodus will begin and Sanchez will be left there by himself.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34527: Feb 17, 2018 01:02:45 am
      Strange that after not signing a replacement for Coutinho, or a goalkeeper,  we were told ( by FSG mouthpiece James Pierce) that Lamar and Allison were Klopps top targets. Now a mere 17 days after the window closed, we're being told were interested in neither!
      Who are we actually supposed to believe when it comes to rumors? Pierce? Joyce? Melissa Reddy?
      Chris bascombe?
      To be honest I'm sick of the made up stories, and the PR released by the club to keep fans always waiting on the next window. It's tiresome! 😩
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34528: Feb 17, 2018 01:55:33 am
      Strange that after not signing a replacement for Coutinho, or a goalkeeper,  we were told ( by FSG mouthpiece James Pierce) that Lamar and Allison were Klopps top targets. Now a mere 17 days after the window closed, we're being told were interested in neither!
      Who are we actually supposed to believe when it comes to rumors? Pierce? Joyce? Melissa Reddy?
      Chris bascombe?
      To be honest I'm sick of the made up stories, and the PR released by the club to keep fans always waiting on the next window. It's tiresome! 😩

Come this summer, when we fail to sign anyone of note, the narrative will be: 

It's a difficult market right now, but remember that we've had a lot of success in the last 2 windows -- we stole one of the world's best (Salah) for a pittance, and got both of Klopp's top 2 targets (Keita and VVD). 

Just ignore the fact one arrived 6 months late, the other 12 months late, and 1 only signed after we sold Coutinho for a fee that matches the combined fees of both....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34529: Feb 17, 2018 12:54:57 pm
      Chris bascombe?

You know what isn’t tiresome? Tarring and feathering teams in the Champions League. Do you honestly believe we don’t have a good enough team to compete with anyone in any given day? We will do business in the summer, why not enjoy the ride here and now?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34530: Feb 17, 2018 03:39:23 pm
      You know what isn’t tiresome? Tarring and feathering teams in the Champions League. Do you honestly believe we don’t have a good enough team to compete with anyone in any given day? We will do business in the summer, why not enjoy the ride here and now?

I'm enjoying the ride FL. Nothing makes me happier than Liverpool winning, especially in the CL.
      You feel free to concentrate only on football, and accept the long long long term plan of continuously waiting on the next window.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34531: Feb 17, 2018 05:02:24 pm
      I'm enjoying the ride FL. Nothing makes me happier than Liverpool winning, especially in the CL.
      You feel free to concentrate only on football, and accept the long long long term plan of continuously waiting on the next window.

That's the thing though. I'm fairly comfortable at this point. I wasn't happy that we had to wait on  VVD and not happy we didn't get Keita (think we could have challenged for the league this year...maybe), but at this point, Klopp has us playing about as well as we could hope barring the occasional slip up and we do have Keita coming plus I'm sure we'll strengthen at other areas this summer. So I think we are in a really good spot. Not to mention, I wasn't really that upset about  losing Coutinho... IF we don't have any injury issues,  I think it might work out that we waited to spend the money we got from him until this summer. We finish top 4 again and progress maybe to the Semis at least in the Champion's League and we'll have any player clamoring to play for us. We are close to being "back" and I put a lot of it down to Jürgen and his plan. He's still not infallible and he will slip up from time to time, but I can't think of anyone that would be better for us right now. And if you look at his targets...he seems to be targeting up and comers (Lemar, Pulisic) as well as giving our younger players time (TAA, Gomez) so I think he's got a long term plan in mind.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34532: Feb 17, 2018 08:36:01 pm
      That's the thing though. I'm fairly comfortable at this point. I wasn't happy that we had to wait on  VVD and not happy we didn't get Keita (think we could have challenged for the league this year...maybe), but at this point, Klopp has us playing about as well as we could hope barring the occasional slip up and we do have Keita coming plus I'm sure we'll strengthen at other areas this summer. So I think we are in a really good spot. Not to mention, I wasn't really that upset about  losing Coutinho... IF we don't have any injury issues,  I think it might work out that we waited to spend the money we got from him until this summer. We finish top 4 again and progress maybe to the Semis at least in the Champion's League and we'll have any player clamoring to play for us. We are close to being "back" and I put a lot of it down to Jürgen and his plan. He's still not infallible and he will slip up from time to time, but I can't think of anyone that would be better for us right now. And if you look at his targets...he seems to be targeting up and comers (Lemar, Pulisic) as well as giving our younger players time (TAA, Gomez) so I think he's got a long term plan in mind.

Thankfully selling Coutinho hasn't been as big a loss as it could've been. We've been lucky that our front haven't gotten injured or we could be in difficulty, two up front would be easier to handle for our opponents.

As it is we've a great chance of top 4, it won't be easy, but it is essential. Bar injuries to key men, I think Jürgen will get us over the line.

Not sure Lemar or any player at price will be in Jürgen's price range, VanDijk was a necessary signing regardless of the cost, and is looking like money well spent.
      Your right about Jürgen having a long term plan, it suits him, it suits FSG, but it's understandably frustrating for us fans waiting nearly a quarter of a century for a title win.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34533: Feb 18, 2018 02:05:50 pm
      I think Sardar Azmoun might be Coutinho's replacement. He was photographed with Klopp on Friday.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #34534: Feb 19, 2018 03:31:49 am

A top 10 post right there
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34535: Feb 19, 2018 10:08:14 am
      I think Sardar Azmoun might be Coutinho's replacement. He was photographed with Klopp on Friday.

Tapping up again? Never heard if him, but a quick Google shows his scoring record isn't overall impressive. I would hope for better.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34536: Feb 20, 2018 05:12:03 pm
      I saw an article earlier that De Vrij is not going to sign a new contract and will leave this summer on a free.  If he's an improvement on Matip / Lovren, then we should be all over that.  I remember we were linked to him a few years ago, but never made a move.  I'd think that having VVD and Gini in the team would make us an attractive destination for him. 
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2018 05:26:02 pm by harrydunn08 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34537: Feb 20, 2018 06:38:36 pm
      I saw an article earlier that De Vrij is not going to sign a new contract and will leave this summer on a free.  If he's an improvement on Matip / Lovren, then we should be all over that.  I remember we were linked to him a few years ago, but never made a move.  I'd think that having VVD and Gini in the team would make us an attractive destination for him. 

I'd pass on him, from what I've read, injury prone and not really that good in that team, prone to mistakes.

Let's get someone that's a CLEAR upgrade on Lovren or Matip....although I feel like Jürgen is happy with the both of them.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #34538: Feb 20, 2018 08:43:48 pm
      Still think we need to target Seseggnon from Fulham.

He has scored 19 career goals in 65 games.

Outrageous numbers for a 17 year old left back/left winger. He is destined for greatness.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34539: Feb 21, 2018 08:54:47 am
      Still think we need to target Seseggnon from Fulham.

He has scored 19 career goals in 65 games.

Outrageous numbers for a 17 year old left back/left winger. He is destined for greatness.

Agree he looks a potential brilliant player but he is destined in my opinion to be a LM or a ALM than a LB. More of a Bale type than a Luke Shaw.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34540: Feb 21, 2018 09:14:48 am
      Agree he looks a potential brilliant player but he is destined in my opinion to be a LM or a ALM than a LB. More of a Bale type than a Luke Shaw.

Greggs will be gutted.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34541: Feb 22, 2018 05:16:36 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-line-up-swoop-real-14323183

Drop Allison interest for Keylor Navas...because he'll cost just under 20m. F***ing balls.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34542: Feb 22, 2018 05:30:19 pm

Hmmm......

Would make you think that Klopp is warming to Karius and just wants someone to push him a little (not a lot)?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34543: Feb 22, 2018 07:39:34 pm

Hahahahaha more than a little suspicious about that one, I wonder who would be replacing Navas at Madrid? ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34544: Feb 22, 2018 11:30:05 pm
      Tapping up again? Never heard if him, but a quick Google shows his scoring record isn't overall impressive. I would hope for better.
      For a winger, 12 goals in 41 is not terrible. he's meant to be the Iranian Messi, apparently there is a Messi from every country now, but we all know Messi isn't a real person because he is just an Argentinian Pele.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #34545: Feb 23, 2018 06:48:47 am
      For a winger, 12 goals in 41 is not terrible. he's meant to be the Iranian Messi, apparently there is a Messi from every country now, but we all know Messi isn't a real person because he is just an Argentinian Pele.
      Ah Pele... the Brazilian Salah.

Quick Reply