Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179049 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34546: Feb 24, 2018 08:00:10 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34547: Feb 24, 2018 08:44:32 pm

If we get him, it'd be like having Alonso (Jorginho) and Gerrard (Keita) in midfield! And then you throw in Allison. F**k me, what a first eleven we will have.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34548: Feb 24, 2018 08:47:22 pm
      If we get him, it'd be like having Alonso (Jorginho) and Gerrard (Keita) in midfield! And then you throw in Allison. F**k me, what a first eleven we will have.

Sure de laurentis will have a say on that
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34549: Feb 24, 2018 09:04:24 pm

It would be remarkable.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34550: Feb 25, 2018 03:07:27 am
      4 days after his agent says Jorginho could be sacrificed for potential incoming of Lucas Torreira or the development of Amadou Diawara, one of the most trusted journalists links us with him. Think this has got legs and the supposed interest from United who view him as a Carrick-replacement is definitely gonna ensure a bidding war! Napoli are also favorites to land Bernard from Shakhtar on a free..

Joyce also says we want Alisson if the price is right and a Coutinho replacement. Hope we try bidding for Lazio's SMS (Sergej Milinkovic-Savic) after dropping interest in Lemar.

Will be an all Serie-A raid!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34551: Feb 25, 2018 12:33:35 pm
      4 days after his agent says Jorginho could be sacrificed for potential incoming of Lucas Torreira or the development of Amadou Diawara, one of the most trusted journalists links us with him. Think this has got legs and the supposed interest from United who view him as a Carrick-replacement is definitely gonna ensure a bidding war! Napoli are also favorites to land Bernard from Shakhtar on a free..

Joyce also says we want Alisson if the price is right and a Coutinho replacement. Hope we try bidding for Lazio's SMS (Sergej Milinkovic-Savic) after dropping interest in Lemar.

Will be an all Serie-A raid!

I'm kinda worried City may go after Jorginho. Fernandinho is kinda old, isn't he? Then you have injury prone Gundogan and Toure leaving in the summer...
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34552: Feb 25, 2018 12:59:49 pm
      I'm kinda worried City may go after Jorginho. Fernandinho is kinda old, isn't he? Then you have injury prone Gundogan and Toure leaving in the summer...

What you worried for? They wanted VVD as well. If a player chooses them over us fair enough but our finances should be such that if Klopp wants a player enough we should be able to compete with Citeh and it’s then up to the player. OK across a 20 man squad their wage bill will be a lot higher than us but on isolated cases we should be able to compete
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34553: Feb 25, 2018 01:01:49 pm
      I think a holding mid and a center back are what we are after. If Karius continues his current form, don't think we will be buying a keeper. Maybe a forward on a free who is willing to play a role rather than expecting to be a first choice, but the holding mid, the center back and Keita should be the adds.

Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #34554: Feb 25, 2018 01:03:34 pm
      Apparently they will sign Fred from Shakhtar.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34555: Feb 25, 2018 01:17:01 pm

Yeah, read about that, but I haven't the slightest idea what type of midfielder he is.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34556: Feb 25, 2018 02:45:36 pm
      Yeah, read about that, but I haven't the slightest idea what type of midfielder he is.

Right side Fred

:-\

That doesn't work.. where's me coat
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #34557: Feb 26, 2018 06:45:50 pm
      Right side Fred

:-\

That doesn't work.. where's me coat

Hopefully not the Fred who lit up the world cup for Brazil in 2014  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34558: Feb 26, 2018 06:47:36 pm
      Hopefully not the Fred who lit up the world cup for Brazil in 2014  ;D

No, this fred can actually run
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34559: Feb 26, 2018 09:57:24 pm

I heard it was Fred from Bedrock!  :lmao: :lmao:

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34560: Feb 27, 2018 12:40:33 am
      Paris St-Germain could offer France striker Kylian Mbappe, 19, to Barcelona in exchange for playmaker Philippe Coutinho. They are trying to appease their 26-year-old Brazilian forward Neymar, who is said to be unhappy with Mbappe but is close friends with compatriot Coutinho, 25. (El Pais)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #34561: Feb 27, 2018 01:21:59 am
      Pulisic will join by 09/08/18. Nothing to base it on other than intuition!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34562: Feb 27, 2018 01:35:34 am
      Paris St-Germain could offer France striker Kylian Mbappe, 19, to Barcelona in exchange for playmaker Philippe Coutinho. They are trying to appease their 26-year-old Brazilian forward Neymar, who is said to be unhappy with Mbappe but is close friends with compatriot Coutinho, 25. (El Pais)

Wow if true.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34563: Feb 27, 2018 06:57:41 am

Wasting their time surely.

Barca is Phil’s dream - he ONLY wants to play there.....

:f_tongueincheek:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34564: Feb 27, 2018 11:31:06 am
      Way to go...Piss off one of the most exciting young strikers on the planet (Mbappe) for a spoilt  prima donna with and ego the size of Brazil who wants to go to Real anyway by trying to trade him for a player who wants to play for Barca...

Friendship is about looking after your friend and supporting them in their endevours, not using them to further your agender Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34565: Feb 27, 2018 10:23:59 pm
      Pulisic will join by 09/08/18. Nothing to base it on other than intuition!

Have to say, even though I'm American and I like Pulisic, I don't think he would be the best big-money buy for us. He's a good player and because he's so young, someone who excites re his potential, but I don't think, if we are talking one or two big money buys this summer to sort of finalize our title-winning team, he would be the best option. I can't help but feel that in part his value is a bit inflated because he's the first American to really make people think he might be a top-level player - face of American "soccer" and all that.

Our transfer policy should in no  way be related to some kind of marketing angle, other than that winning titles is good marketing.

Not saying he's a bad player, but I don't think he should be our highest priority.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34566: Feb 27, 2018 11:06:42 pm
      Have to say, even though I'm American and I like Pulisic, I don't think he would be the best big-money buy for us. He's a good player and because he's so young, someone who excites re his potential, but I don't think, if we are talking one or two big money buys this summer to sort of finalize our title-winning team, he would be the best option. I can't help but feel that in part his value is a bit inflated because he's the first American to really make people think he might be a top-level player - face of American "soccer" and all that.

Our transfer policy should in no  way be related to some kind of marketing angle, other than that winning titles is good marketing.

Not saying he's a bad player, but I don't think he should be our highest priority.

If Klopp sees him as important then it doesn’t matter what nationality he is. He’s an important part of that Dortmund team and I can only imagine how he would develop under Klopp. That said, I feel like he will  be up at United.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #34567: Feb 28, 2018 12:48:13 am
      If Klopp sees him as important then it doesn’t matter what nationality he is. He’s an important part of that Dortmund team and I can only imagine how he would develop under Klopp. That said, I feel like he will  be up at United.

All of this
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34568: Feb 28, 2018 02:00:08 am

I agree that Klopp wouldn't buy him based on nationality. Which also makes me wonder how credible the talk is linking us with him for a big money move.

He's done better and earlier than any American professional in a major European league. But that doesn't mean he should be one of the 2-3 players we spend the Coutinho money on as the final pieces of the machine Klopp is building.

Quick Reply