Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179527 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34569: Feb 28, 2018 05:29:53 am
      I agree that Klopp wouldn't buy him based on nationality. Which also makes me wonder how credible the talk is linking us with him for a big money move.

He's done better and earlier than any American professional in a major European league. But that doesn't mean he should be one of the 2-3 players we spend the Coutinho money on as the final pieces of the machine Klopp is building.

Final piece? It's never a final piece.

It's a continuous process to achieve sustained success.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34570: Feb 28, 2018 12:49:04 pm
      Final piece? It's never a final piece.

It's a continuous process to achieve sustained success.

Sure it is.

I'm speaking of that first title we win under Klopp. I am of the opinion that we need a few more upgrades before it happens. And Klopp seems to prefer working season to season with a squad, so I'm referring to final adds for next season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34571: Feb 28, 2018 09:17:58 pm
      Sure it is.

I'm speaking of that first title we win under Klopp. I am of the opinion that we need a few more upgrades before it happens. And Klopp seems to prefer working season to season with a squad, so I'm referring to final adds for next season.

I don’t think anyone is going to come in and replace our existing front three, anyway.

Landing one of the brightest prospects sounds pretty good in that case. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34572: Mar 01, 2018 12:51:30 am
      I don’t think anyone is going to come in and replace our existing front three, anyway.

Landing one of the brightest prospects sounds pretty good in that case.
      But
      I guess in the end, whatever Klopp decides is fine with me. Having a fourth top guy to go into that front three, in a season that involves upward to 60 matches, can't be a bad thing, I agree. But if we have enough for two major purchases, I'd go with holding mid and center back, personally.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34573: Mar 01, 2018 02:56:41 am
      But
      I guess in the end, whatever Klopp decides is fine with me. Having a fourth top guy to go into that front three, in a season that involves upward to 60 matches, can't be a bad thing, I agree. But if we have enough for two major purchases, I'd go with holding mid and center back, personally.

Holding mid is a priority for me, too. Probably need two more bodies in midfield that are upgrades on the current crop.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34574: Mar 01, 2018 03:09:55 am
      Holding mid is a priority for me, too. Probably need two more bodies in midfield that are upgrades on the current crop.

Agreed. Having 3/4 of the midfield being Gini, Ox and Hendo isn’t good enough, simple as that. The midfield has to be as much of a priority as bolstering the keeper situation.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34575: Mar 01, 2018 09:25:27 am
      Agreed. Having 3/4 of the midfield being Gini, Ox and Hendo isn’t good enough, simple as that. The midfield has to be as much of a priority as bolstering the keeper situation.

I'd like a GK, another top CB and a CDM, anything on top of this will be a bonus. Now with at least £100 million burning a hole in the club's pockets we must surely be able to get those 3 players and the hopefully push on for the league in the next 2 years.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34576: Mar 01, 2018 11:59:14 am
      We need at least 3 good transfers in the summer, a top GK, a defender and a top central midfielder.

A top GK should be a priority in the summer: Alisson, Leno and Butland are very good options. Oblak would be the dream signing though.

Another centre-back should be signed to provide competition for Matip: Tah, De Ligt, Jemerson, Gimenez. Jemerson and Tah are looking very good, any of them would start in our side.

In midfield, in my opinion the best options for a CDM would be: Jorginho, Rabiot, Weigl, Ndidi. Weigl and Jorginho would fit the bill the best.

Also Dani Ceballos might be a good option to have to challenge Georginio's place in the team.

These 3 positions are key to improve if we want to mount a title challenge in the next season. Also, another striker to provide cover for Firmino would be great, Werner would be a fantastic signing but the transfer fee would be inflated and he should be a starter in any team, i can't see him fit in our system. Good players to provide cover would be: Luan, Dolberg, Moussa Dembele.

Players to be offloaded: Mignolet, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Lallana, Sturridge, Ings, Grujic, Markovic, Origi, Flanagan, Bogdan.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34577: Mar 02, 2018 02:10:21 pm
      Ins....GK..Allisson or Oblak

CB..Aldiereweld,  Lwb Bertrand

Mids..Weigl, Reus, Jorghino,
                            Draxler

Outs....Mignolet, Moreno, Henderson,
                   Milner, Origi, Klavan,

Would also consider promotion from within, ie, Woodburn, Wilson, Brewster, Kent, we have seen how well Trent has done so no reason those players can't be given the same opportunities.

YNWA
      Kopite78
      Reply #34578: Mar 02, 2018 02:27:17 pm

Draxler

Milner, Origi, Klavan,

Would also consider promotion from within, ie, Woodburn, Wilson, Brewster, Kent, we have seen how well Trent has done so no reason those players can't be given the same opportunities.

YNWA

Bit early to be drinking isn't it?  :D
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #34579: Mar 02, 2018 05:24:30 pm
      Bit early to be drinking isn't it?  :D

My thoughts exactly

Realistically, would love a top drawer keeper, another CB, another 2 midfielders and one more forward.

Allison
      John Tah
      Keita
      Pulisic
      Ndidi
      Lemar/another who lights up WC

That would be ace
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34580: Mar 02, 2018 06:52:50 pm
      Lets be realistic here, De Gea, Varane, Jorginho and Hazard are possible, we'll get 3/4 for sure. Might as well go for Isco for a laugh too.

De Gea
       TAA, VVD, Varane, Robertson
                    Jorginho
            Hendo/Isco   Keita
        Salah   Firmino  Hazard/Mane
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34581: Mar 02, 2018 11:48:46 pm

Draxler

Milner, Origi, Klavan,

YNWA

I'd be keeping Milner before the rest, would most likely keep hold of Klavan as well. The rest, not fussed.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34582: Mar 02, 2018 11:53:26 pm

Draxler

Milner, Origi, Klavan,

YNWA

This kind of stuff does my F***ing head in.

We, under no circumstances need that many signings. We are going really well and gelling as a unit. The last thing we need is 6 players out and 6 players in, not to mention half the players you mention are no better than what we have anyway they just play in a foreign league so look more appealing.

We need to keep it simple, deadwood that never play heading out, players that want out like Studge and I imagine Migs. This isn't FIFA or footy manager were you just plug and replace.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34583: Mar 03, 2018 02:58:03 am
      This kind of stuff does my F***ing head in.

We, under no circumstances need that many signings. We are going really well and gelling as a unit. The last thing we need is 6 players out and 6 players in, not to mention half the players you mention are no better than what we have anyway they just play in a foreign league so look more appealing.

We need to keep it simple, deadwood that never play heading out, players that want out like Studge and I imagine Migs. This isn't FIFA or footy manager were you just plug and replace.

Agree with you.
      Perhaps the poster was saying that one of each of this positions would be great to get?
      Regardless, as you have stated and clearly what Klopp has shown, massive overhaul isn’t what he does and clearly not wht is currently needed.
      I do feel though that karius has been given an great opportunity to show that he can be our number 1 going forward. If he doesn’t then a proper world class keeper is finally required.
      At centre back, Lovren and Matip have an opportunity over the come months to show if they can be the one to partner with VVD. If not, a proper world class centre back is required.
      Into the midfield, we have some good to great players already BUT it is certainly one area that I would love to see addressed. Keita is looking like being an excellent signing but how do we get the best out of him?
      Up front, I certainly feel we need another top quality striker and also another high quality wide player to compete for mane and salah’s currently nailed on selections.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34584: Mar 03, 2018 02:59:33 am
      Agree with you.
      Perhaps the poster was saying that one of each of this positions would be great to get?
      Regardless, as you have stated and clearly what Klopp has shown, massive overhaul isn’t what he does and clearly not wht is currently needed.
      I do feel though that karius has been given an great opportunity to show that he can be our number 1 going forward. If he doesn’t then a proper world class keeper is finally required.
      At centre back, Lovren and Matip have an opportunity over the come months to show if they can be the one to partner with VVD. If not, a proper world class centre back is required.
      Into the midfield, we have some good to great players already BUT it is certainly one area that I would love to see addressed. Keita is looking like being an excellent signing but how do we get the best out of him?
      Up front, I certainly feel we need another top quality striker and also another high quality wide player to compete for mane and salah’s currently nailed on selections.

To conclude.
      Three player are required and perhaps 5 max if we are thinking about the future BUT must not be to undermine what we have currently going in our favor.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #34585: Mar 03, 2018 09:43:23 am
      This kind of stuff does my f**king head in.

So lets think for just a minute or 5, Milner despite his twilight yrs has done well but he is now at a point where he'll only play the odd game,
      Henderson nice lad and all that is not who we need to go up another level and certainly not good enough or consistent enough,
      Same for Gini Wijnaldom or Oxlade although both could improve playing alongside better quality,
      Emre is as good as gone probably to The old Lady, so thats 3 out of our Midfield who most would say were not the best ,
      To be successful you have to improve on the players you have already, for us next season to keep up with the likes of City, we won't with our current crop,

We need a keeper, and a f***in good one at that, or would you be happy with Karius backed up with Ward, cos as sure as there's sh*t in a cat  neither are good enough,

We need another top CB one to partner Virgil to give us a consistently solid defence,
      We will need a LB to back up Robertson unless you want Bertie to hang around,

So yeah we do NEED to bring in a few new faces, i dunno if that means as many all at the same time but we f***in need them all same,

Where did i say we should bring them all in ?
       Those  i mention are players we should be targetting  and not making do with your Henderson Milner types.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34586: Mar 03, 2018 10:29:31 am
      So lets think for just a minute or 5, Milner despite his twilight yrs has done well but he is now at a point where he'll only play the odd game,
      Henderson nice lad and all that is not who we need to go up another level and certainly not good enough or consistent enough,
      Same for Gini Wijnaldom or Oxlade although both could improve playing alongside better quality,
      Emre is as good as gone probably to The old Lady, so thats 3 out of our Midfield who most would say were not the best ,
      To be successful you have to improve on the players you have already, for us next season to keep up with the likes of City, we won't with our current crop,

We need a keeper, and a f***in good one at that, or would you be happy with Karius backed up with Ward, cos as sure as there's sh*t in a cat  neither are good enough,

We need another top CB one to partner Virgil to give us a consistently solid defence,
      We will need a LB to back up Robertson unless you want Bertie to hang around,

So yeah we do NEED to bring in a few new faces, i dunno if that means as many all at the same time but we f***in need them all same,

Where did i say we should bring them all in ?
       Those  i mention are players we should be targetting  and not making do with your Henderson Milner types.

You literally separated them into INs and OUTs not a mention of 'targets'.

We don't need a new goalkeeper while Karius is improving. Last thing we need is more unrest in the ranks there.
      We don't need a new left back while Robertson is one of the best in the league and Moreno has shown on several occasions that he is up for the job, he is certainly a very good backup.
      We don't need a new centre back as I can see Joe Gomez moving into that role next season. 4 CBs of VvD, Matip, Lovren and Gomez not to mention the unsung Klavan is very, very solid. You mentioned Alderwiereld coming in, give me a break! Spurs would never sell him to us he may be the best CB in the league!

Now we DO need another CM coming in through the door in my opinion as well as cover for the front 3. Jorginho is a good shout there as is Draxler I think. Weigel isn't the real deal yet but Klopp has eyes and ears at BVB so he'll know more than most if he's worth the punt.

As for leaving, Henderson and Milner will be going nowhere, neither will Moreno. All have shown they can play well in this team. Showing Klavan the door would be very harsh too. Migs will go to get first team football as will Sturridge and possibly Danny Ings but wouldn't be shocked if Ings stays.

It won't be huge shipments in and out, it just isn't Klopp's style. We've tried it with Rogers and it was a disaster. I like the slow building of a unit, and you can't do that by ripping out the base by selling your current captain and vice captain. Honestly what a disaster this club would be if it was run like that.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #34587: Mar 03, 2018 12:04:33 pm
      For me some of our transfers will depend on certain elements. If Karius improves then spending bucket loads on someone like Oblak will dent improvements we need to make in other areas but if we do decide to get someone like Oblak or Allison then that would negate the need to spend on a new CB and we could then move Joe Gomez back to his natural position. If the rumours of Jorginho are true then that would also improve us and our current crop of CB,s would be sufficient. Keita will be here so with him and Jorginho in that midfield it would be a anyone of Lallana,Gini,Ox,Milner and Hendo to duke it out for that other midfield position. Our front 3 pick themselves with Ox that can cover either wing at a push so I'd like another winger with quality in there and that would be Pulusic for me. Not only is he a good player but would be PR dream for our American owners to have one of thier own playing for us. I'd imagine Origi and Sturridge will be gone next season so maybe a new striker aswell and I'd go for Timo Werner for that. If Pulusic played well that could also give us the opportunity to either rest Salah and Mané or move either one to Bobby,s position if injured or rested.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #34588: Mar 03, 2018 12:38:36 pm

We don't need a new goalkeeper while Karius is improving. Last thing we need is more unrest in the ranks there.
      We don't need a new left back while Robertson is one of the best in the league and Moreno has shown on several occasions that he is up for the job, he is certainly a very good backup.
      We don't need a new centre back as I can see Joe Gomez moving into that role next season. 4 CBs of VvD, Matip, Lovren and Gomez not to mention the unsung Klavan is very, very solid. You mentioned Alderwiereld coming in, give me a break! Spurs would never sell him to us he may be the best CB in the league!

Now we DO need another CM coming in through the door in my opinion as well as cover for the front 3. Jorginho is a good shout there as is Draxler I think. Weigel isn't the real deal yet but Klopp has eyes and ears at BVB so he'll know more than most if he's worth the punt.

As for leaving, Henderson and Milner will be going nowhere, neither will Moreno. All have shown they can play well in this team. Showing Klavan the door would be very harsh too. Migs will go to get first team football as will Sturridge and possibly Danny Ings but wouldn't be shocked if Ings stays.

It won't be huge shipments in and out, it just isn't Klopp's style. We've tried it with Rogers and it was a disaster. I like the slow building of a unit, and you can't do that by ripping out the base by selling your current captain and vice captain. Honestly what a disaster this club would be if it was run like that.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on some of the points you raised mate,
      For one, whilst Karius has most definitely improved more so having a top CB in front of him, he is no means the answer to our recent GK woes, not yet at least,
      He could very well have a dip in form or touch wood pick up a bad injury,
      Whilst Danny Ward is a good keeper in his own right, we cannot expect the fella to just step up and perform to such a high standard, and if Jürgen thought he could we would have seen him by now,

Its true Bertie played well prior to his injury but, can we honestly rely on him if Robertson got crocked, nah, not for me,

Joe Gomez is a interesting shout, i agree he has a future at CB ,but again experience is what i would prefer, Joe will learn his trade alongside the likes of Virgil, but i just don't think he's ready yet for such a pivotal role,

Next season Jimmy will be another year older and another year slower, i take your point in having his experience is important so fairy muff i take that back and say I've got that one wrong, as for Henderson, no, I'm sorry but he's too inconsistent for me, and if I'm honest doesn't do it for me as a captain, he is a good player the lad but moving forward he's not going to reach the levels this club is aspiring to reach, for us to compete consistently at the top tables of both the CL and domestically we need considerable improvements in central areas, Jordan has reached his level imo and will not get any better, and for me thst simply isn't good enough,

Agree with Sturridge going out and also Origi most likely, Ings I'd imagine will want first team football and won't be content with playing with the ressies and bench warming,

I guess we'll see come the end of August what our squad will look like, I'm hoping that we will have added sufficient quality and like you said got rid of the dead wood too.

YNWA

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34589: Mar 03, 2018 03:27:20 pm

Agree with much of this, but Gomez is not ready to step in and be a starting center back for us. A top holding mid (who can play), a center back and then probably a more veteran forward who is willing to be a backup to our terrific triumvirate. That should be sufficient coming in. Doubt if many/any leave who aren't already out on loan.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34590: Mar 03, 2018 09:35:11 pm
      I'm like, we don't need a new keeper if Karius carries on playing so well, but then I watch the Roma match... There really is something special about this Allison guy!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34591: Mar 04, 2018 05:35:15 am
      F**k it. All on Griezmann.

F***ing hell what a player.

Quick Reply