Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179528 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34615: Mar 14, 2018 07:56:59 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34616: Mar 14, 2018 10:49:53 am
      I think he did.

Looks tailor-made for us, though. Big fan.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34617: Mar 14, 2018 11:34:38 am
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34618: Mar 14, 2018 12:25:56 pm

He had another recent interview for fourfourtwo and said if he had the choice between us or Utd, he would choose Utd.

I think he is decent, pretty much the German Shane Long with a better finish to him. We can do better imo.

Edit:

Quote from: Werner
      Manchester United and Liverpool were the teams I watched quite a lot in England. They were the two that Iā€™m a little bit a fan of, because they have so much history. When Alex Ferguson was the coach, United won everything and were outstanding.

In Liverpool itā€™s also their stadium and the atmosphere, but when I have to decide, Iā€™m more Manchester United than Liverpool.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/werner-i-dream-playing-premier-league-im-more-man-united-liverpool

Tbh, I don't want him, even if he is willing to join us and Utd are not after him.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018 12:34:42 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34619: Mar 14, 2018 12:54:59 pm
      He had another recent interview for fourfourtwo and said if he had the choice between us or Utd, he would choose Utd.

I think he is decent, pretty much the German Shane Long with a better finish to him. We can do better imo.

Edit:

Tbh, I don't want him, even if he is willing to join us and Utd are not after him.

If any player that watches both of our teams play, still wants to play for United, I say let's buy them a plane ticket, I don't want them anywhere near our club.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34620: Mar 15, 2018 05:51:37 pm

Edit:

It was a pretty stupid thing to say because he's immediately alienated himself with one potential club. Still, I don't think Liverpool will go after him simply because of the difficulties in negotiating with Leipzig over Keita. By all accounts they just took the piss in negotiations.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34621: Mar 16, 2018 03:49:34 am
      https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/974391378095628289

Wouldn't really mind giving another Ā£40m odd to Arse for Ramsey. Cant believe they have taken so long to begin his contract talks. Think he would walk into our midfield over Gini and Lallana.

That would be attacking mid sorted, letting us focus on a #6, winger and striker.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #34622: Mar 16, 2018 10:10:09 am

Wouldn't really mind giving another Ā£40m odd to Arse for Ramsey. Cant believe they have taken so long to begin his contract talks. Think he would walk into our midfield over Gini and Lallana.

That would be attacking mid sorted, letting us focus on a #6, winger and striker.

Sick Note
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34623: Mar 16, 2018 10:22:54 am

Scores a few more (maybe) but otherwise not half the player either is .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34624: Mar 16, 2018 11:03:17 am

You must be over at the Emirates partaking of what they are smoking. :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34625: Mar 16, 2018 04:17:40 pm
      Arsenal are our new Southampton
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34626: Mar 16, 2018 04:48:58 pm

Serial killer
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34627: Mar 18, 2018 12:30:17 pm
      Liverpool boss JĆ¼rgen Klopp wants boards Permission to sign
      Julian Draxler from PSG

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/933324/Liverpool-JĆ¼rgen-Klopp-Julian-Draxler-PSG-transfer-news-gossip

What concerns me here is (If True) that Klopp need to go to the board to get ā€œpermissionā€ for players he wants to signā€¦
      I thought that he was in charge of signing playersā€¦?

I can understand Klopp telling them that he wants this player or that player, make it happenā€¦but this (to me) sound as if it is more of a ā€œI want this player, can I have him please?ā€
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #34628: Mar 18, 2018 01:11:18 pm
      Julian Draxler from PSG

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/933324/Liverpool-JĆ¼rgen-Klopp-Julian-Draxler-PSG-transfer-news-gossip

What concerns me here is (If True) that Klopp need to go to the board to get ā€œpermissionā€ for players he wants to signā€¦

I can understand Klopp telling them that he wants this player or that player, make it happenā€¦but this (to me) sound as if it is more of a ā€œI want this player, can I have him please?ā€

What concerns me is the fact youā€™re quoting the Express... Dogshit football news mate
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34629: Mar 18, 2018 01:49:01 pm
      What concerns me is the fact youā€™re quoting the Express... Dogshit football news mate
      Don't really buy news paper unless it is the Racing Post... Saw this on BBC Sports, ans if any other paper was running the same story (The S**, excluded) would have quoted them as well...

Just because you think that the Express is a Dogshit paper it does not mean that every story lack some truth
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34630: Mar 18, 2018 02:11:40 pm
      Julian Draxler from PSG

It depends. Whilst I believe he is in charge of signing players it doesn't therefore follow we have the budget to sign them. It may be breaking a wage limit we have, it may, with other planned signings, take us above what we have budgeted for. So many places to go to before worry.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34631: Mar 18, 2018 07:17:08 pm
      It depends. Whilst I believe he is in charge of signing players it doesn't therefore follow we have the budget to sign them. It may be breaking a wage limit we have, it may, with other planned signings, take us above what we have budgeted for. So many places to go to before worry.
      You raise some good points my friend; some very good points
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34632: Mar 19, 2018 01:17:11 pm
      Reddy, Joyce, Pearce and sometimes Bascombe are the better sources for inner club dealings.

I doubt we are in for Draxler. Klopp talks about liking new challenges re coaching. He also doesn't seem too inclined to go after "big" names so much. Living on a budget and all that.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34633: Mar 19, 2018 03:30:51 pm
      The guy who broke the Naby Keita deal has said we're seriously interested in Ndidi.

I haven't been watching much Leciester this season, so for those of you that actually have (not YT clips), how is his reading of the game , tackling, distribution and composure?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34634: Mar 19, 2018 03:54:56 pm
      The guy who broke the Naby Keita deal has said we're seriously interested in Ndidi.

I haven't been watching much Leciester this season, so for those of you that actually have (not YT clips), how is his reading of the game , tackling, distribution and composure?

The few times I have seen him defensively he is decent but his passing and control esp in tight areas is not really top level.

As Leicester mainly play on the counter not really seen him taking control of a game.

I would prefer youre man Jorginho.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34635: Mar 19, 2018 05:02:27 pm

Just to be fair....he didn't break the Keita deal, he started the rumor mill going after there was some signs of us already going for Naby. I do think he was being used by Keita's agent to help put some pressure on RB, but he also said Keita would be coming last summer and then he said during the winter window that we were going to get him early, so take what he says with a grain of salt. ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34636: Mar 19, 2018 11:55:58 pm
      Looking at BBC Sports Gossip and they (The daily Star,that is) seem to think that if we had and offer for Salah of at least Ā£150m we maybe be temped to sell
      https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/689868/Liverpool-Mohamed-Salah-Real-Madrid-Sky-Sports-Tony-Cottee-Klopp-rumours-gossip-news

While another sh*t hole rag (The ***, was at the top of the page) believe That Real, Barca' and PSG will try and get Mo for around Ā£200m this summer...

And before you dismiss it as just paper, ask yourself this question. given that FSG underline policy is  having a "Resalable Value" Just like Suarez,Sterling, and Coutinho before him "If" we were offered somewhere in the region of Ā£200m could you see FSG forcing through the sale especial since he was bought last summer and they may believe that Klopp would be able to find another gold goose next summer..? would you truly trust them to hold on the Salah...

I wouldn't

But the thing that gives me a little hope we could hold on to him is that he seems to love living in Liverpool, he loves the supporters and loves the club. He can see the club is moving forward and knows that he is playing a large part in it. And don't underestimate how much that means to a player, and how much it massages a players ego...

Will be a interesting summer
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34637: Mar 21, 2018 04:39:17 am
      Salah, if he continues with this incredible run of form will, eventually be sold.
      He isnā€™t going to spend his entire career at LFC.
      Those days have gone
      BUT I donā€™t think for one second that his journey at our club is going to end in a few months time or in 18 months time.
      He is clearly loving being at Anfield and working under klopp.
      We are certainly going to improve the quality of player around him and I feel we will be by this time next season so much closer to silverware and competing on many fronts since 2001.
      Letā€™s just enjoy the ride and know that itā€™s onwards and upwards from here, with our magical Mo at our cutting edge for at least the next 18 months.

Quick Reply