Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178893 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34707: Apr 10, 2018 10:41:34 pm
      can I just say can players wanting to come to Liverpool in the summer please form an orderly queue
      bigred74
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #34708: Apr 12, 2018 11:06:14 am
      Another midfielder along with the obvious naby, & were flying..
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34709: Apr 14, 2018 02:49:57 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #34710: Apr 15, 2018 08:24:08 am
      Liverpool to sign Steven Gerrard's cousin Bobby Duncan with talented youngster to leave Manchester City -DailyMail.

He will be 17 next June.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #34711: Apr 15, 2018 10:02:42 am
      Speaking of Portuguese players how about Ruben Neves? He is just far too good for the championship and just been promoted with wolves.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34712: Apr 15, 2018 10:24:19 am

Expected him to be couple years younger he’s 24 in September
      He spent 4 full seasons in Serie A before going to Sporting why didn’t a bigger team pick him up from Italy?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34713: Apr 15, 2018 10:43:38 am

Expected him to be couple years younger he’s 24 in September
      He spent 4 full seasons in Serie A before going to Sporting why didn’t a bigger team pick him up from Italy?

He's been speculated at Juventus a few times before, but nothing came out of it.

Well, Pavel Nedved was still playing in the Czech Republic at that age, some players just take longer to 'explode' than others, sometimes that means finding the right environment, confidence, manager's support, tactics, and so on.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34714: Apr 15, 2018 10:50:44 am
      He's been speculated at Juventus a few times before, but nothing came out of it.

Well, Pavel Nedved was still playing in the Czech Republic at that age, some players just take longer to 'explode' than others, sometimes that means finding the right environment, confidence, manager's support, tactics, and so on.

Hmmmm I’m not convinced by that Portuguese league likes of Renanto Sanches, Markovic, Jackson Martinez, Linedlof, Mangala, Joao Mário, Slimani have all been by and large big money failures out of it in recent years
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34715: Apr 15, 2018 11:15:13 am

Hmmmm I’m not convinced by that Portuguese league likes of Renanto Sanches, Markovic, Jackson Martinez, Linedlof, Mangala, Joao Mário, Slimani have all been by and large big money failures out of it in recent years

All generalisations are silly, to be honest... of course the Portuguese league isn't the greatest but why focus on the failures when you can mention, just off the top of my head, James Rodriguez, Deco, Matic, Bernardo Silva, Di Maria, Falcao, Coentrão, Ricardo Carvalho, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Nani, Moutinho, David Luiz, Ramires, Simão, Otamendi, Ederson, Oblak, Ruben Neves, and, of course, Cristiano Ronaldo...

It works both ways... it comes down to actually watching the player, I guess.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34716: Apr 15, 2018 11:26:37 am
      All generalisations are silly, to be honest... of course the Portuguese league isn't the greatest but why focus on the failures when you can mention, just off the top of my head, James Rodriguez, Deco, Matic, Bernardo Silva, Di Maria, Falcao, Coentrão, Ricardo Carvalho, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Nani, Moutinho, David Luiz, Ramires, Simão, Otamendi, Ederson, Oblak, Ruben Neves, and, of course, Cristiano Ronaldo...

It works both ways... it comes down to actually watching the player, I guess.

Of course and you can pluck a gem from anywhere. Most of those examples you cite though are from a number of years ago
      I get the feeling with this lad someone (maybe the club, maybe the player) are trying to whip up some interest. If you look at the midfielders at this club most of them are athletes with engine and stamina, not sure if this lad if out of that cut
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34717: Apr 15, 2018 06:07:44 pm
      Monaco chairman suggesting £110M will be enough to get Thomas Lemar. Aye ok pal
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34718: Apr 15, 2018 06:13:28 pm
      Monaco chairman suggesting £110M will be enough to get Thomas Lemar. Aye ok pal

Crazy price tag for a player having an average season in an average league.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #34719: Apr 15, 2018 06:41:50 pm
      Makes you wonder how much Salah is worth...
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34720: Apr 15, 2018 06:50:14 pm
      Makes you wonder how much Salah is worth...

I don’t think money could buy him
      Aside from how mind-bogglingey good Salah is they said with Ronaldo although £86M was massive at the time Utd sold way too low because of how much money Madrid have made from Ronaldo commercially. I think Salah is similar, a PR mans dream come true - will be simultaneously opening up the African and Middle Eastern markets for us
      I know you can’t equate this all to Salah but as a for instance the Liverpool twitter follower count has went up by I think like 2.5M in the last year (currently at 10.1M) and he’ll have a lot to do with that
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34721: Apr 15, 2018 10:57:05 pm
      Football manager time

I’m going to assume if he wanted Klopp has £200M to spend this summer inclusive of £60M for Keita and of any incoming money (can’t see us bring much money in this summer, no obvious biggies, Migs, Klavan, Ings, Sturridge, Markovic maybe £50M if we’re lucky...)

So minus Keita about £150M which in today’s market won’t go far.

My priority would be someone to play across the front of real quality. I’ll opt for Julian Brandt. I think he has a release clause that comes in this summer so could be a bargain and a superstar in the making (£25M)

Second priority is likely to be a replacement for Can. I’ve watched a fair bit of Napoli and Jorginho fits the bill (£55M)

I love the look of Sessegnon at Fulham. Even if it was a loan back deal he seems an amazing prospect (£25M)

The last decision is do we look to bolster the attack or defence, I think there would be enough options in midfield. Defensively there is no one shouting out at me that would be a massive upgrade on what we have. It seems a luxury purchase and I’m not quite sure where he’d fit in but I’d bring Origi back to fill in for Bobby and go all out on Pulisic, try and bag him whilst we can (£80M)
      So bit of an over spend but Coutinho money should allow for that

Karius/Ward
      TAA/Clyne      Lovern/ Gomez.      VVD/ Matip.     Robbo/Moreno

Jorginho/ Hendo
                        Keita/Ox.                Pulisic/Lallana

Salah/Wilson       Bobby/Origi.           Mane/Brandt

With Milner and Gini still kicking about. No money for Alisson  >:(
      A better alternative to Robbo than Moreno would be good but can’t really think of anyone (my European football knowledge isn’t what it used to be) and Milner could be the fill in if Moreno moves on
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018 11:02:20 pm by Alfie2510 »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34722: Apr 16, 2018 01:34:18 am
      Football manager time

I’m going to assume if he wanted Klopp has £200M to spend this summer inclusive of £60M for Keita and of any incoming money (can’t see us bring much money in this summer, no obvious biggies, Migs, Klavan, Ings, Sturridge, Markovic maybe £50M if we’re lucky...)

My priority would be someone to play across the front of real quality. I’ll opt for Julian Brandt. I think he has a release clause that comes in this summer so could be a bargain and a superstar in the making (£25M)

Second priority is likely to be a replacement for Can. I’ve watched a fair bit of Napoli and Jorginho fits the bill (£55M)

I love the look of Sessegnon at Fulham. Even if it was a loan back deal he seems an amazing prospect (£25M)

The last decision is do we look to bolster the attack or defence, I think there would be enough options in midfield. Defensively there is no one shouting out at me that would be a massive upgrade on what we have. It seems a luxury purchase and I’m not quite sure where he’d fit in but I’d bring Origi back to fill in for Bobby and go all out on Pulisic, try and bag him whilst we can (£80M)

Karius/Ward

Jorginho/ Hendo

A better alternative to Robbo than Moreno would be good but can’t really think of anyone (my European football knowledge isn’t what it used to be) and Milner could be the fill in if Moreno moves on

Pulisic plays up top as a sub for the three.....Harry Wilson is not going to make it here and we sure better not see Origi again.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34723: Apr 16, 2018 05:52:41 am
      Pulisic plays up top as a sub for the three.....Harry Wilson is not going to make it here and we sure better not see Origi again.

Thanks Nostradamus
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #34724: Apr 16, 2018 10:27:40 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXxAYHfkPw

Anybody knows about this kid and feels like he would be a good addition to this lineup? I obviously don't watch the Belgian league, but I have a friend who does and he says this kid is promising so I started sniffing around and although videos can make Alberto Moreno look like Marcelo, I feel like this is a very good player that will probably cost a lot once he makes the usual jump to a mid-table Bundesliga side and blow up yet he feel like a guy who can perform at a club like ours and under a coach like Klopp.

High intensity, strong, can play CDM, CM and even CB, can pass a ball, big at 6ft2 and full of potential.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34725: Apr 16, 2018 01:08:57 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXxAYHfkPw

Anybody knows about this kid and feels like he would be a good addition to this lineup? I obviously don't watch the Belgian league, but I have a friend who does and he says this kid is promising so I started sniffing around and although videos can make Alberto Moreno look like Marcelo, I feel like this is a very good player that will probably cost a lot once he makes the usual jump to a mid-table Bundesliga side and blow up yet he feel like a guy who can perform at a club like ours and under a coach like Klopp.

High intensity, strong, can play CDM, CM and even CB, can pass a ball, big at 6ft2 and full of potential.

Ask AZ (also know as Nostradamus)  :f_tongueincheek:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34726: Apr 16, 2018 01:15:39 pm
      Football manager time

Karius/Ward

Jorginho/ Hendo

Keita operates best as a hub player and dictating in a midfield 2 or #6 in the midfield 3. That's where I think we will see the absolute best in him, so it  makes me wonder if we should go in for Jorginho. I reckon we will be ok with, Hendo, Wijnaldum, Keita and Milner as the midfielders, with Ox and Lallana as the more offensive ones.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34727: Apr 16, 2018 05:55:03 pm
      Keita operates best as a hub player and dictating in a midfield 2 or #6 in the midfield 3. That's where I think we will see the absolute best in him, so it  makes me wonder if we should go in for Jorginho. I reckon we will be ok with, Hendo, Wijnaldum, Keita and Milner as the midfielders, with Ox and Lallana as the more offensive ones.

Keita doesnt play #6
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #34728: Apr 16, 2018 06:08:59 pm

And some said Bobby didn't play #9 either. 
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34729: Apr 16, 2018 06:23:55 pm
      I see Keita as an upgrade on Gini (no disrespect to him, good player that he is.) He's best as a box to box "8" - think that's the shirt he'll be wearing too. That said, he definitely has the qualities to play 6 if needed.

Quick Reply