Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216702 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35029: May 09, 2018 10:36:37 pm
      Genuine question.  How much do you think Jamie Vardy would cost?

£20M?

Really not sure as the market is hard to judge for a player like him.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #35030: May 10, 2018 02:15:55 am
      £20M?

Really not sure as the market is hard to judge for a player like him.

I was thinking more like something closer to £40M but read that he only has a year left in his contract so maybe £20M or £30M.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35031: May 10, 2018 05:37:48 am
      I was thinking more like something closer to £40M but read that he only has a year left in his contract so maybe £20M or £30M.

He has 2 mate. But either way, dont think he fits into FSG's "philosophy" plus it looks like Jürgen is happy with Ings being the back-up.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35032: May 10, 2018 08:02:51 am
      Genuine question.  How much do you think Jamie Vardy would cost?

£38 million
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35033: May 10, 2018 11:28:45 am

If true I'd snap their hands off, he would fit perfectly into our style of play and would be a fantastic backup to Bobby, actually in many ways he's very similar to Bobby in that he's a very busy player who tracks back well and hassles defenders into mistakes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #35034: May 10, 2018 11:31:12 am
      If true I'd snap their hands off, he would fit perfectly into our style of play and would be a fantastic backup to Bobby, actually in many ways he's very similar to Bobby in that he's a very busy player who tracks back well and hassles defenders into mistakes.

Well he's similar to Bobby minus the skill, flair, and vision.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #35035: May 10, 2018 11:32:07 am

& looks ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #35036: May 10, 2018 11:35:52 am

I wonder if they get ‘Steptoe and Son’ in Brazil.........
      Kopite78
      Reply #35037: May 10, 2018 12:01:20 pm

And he's a massive chavvy c**t
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35038: May 10, 2018 12:02:53 pm
      I prefer us to take a gamble over, G.Simeone (really impressed me vs Napoli) instead of Vardy. He has huge potential, quick and hard working, very tenacious too, and at 22, he could be ready to step up to the next level under Klopp! Definitely worth a look into imo.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35039: May 10, 2018 12:39:39 pm
      This may have been in one of the highlights posted earlier, but just saw this one from Fekir. Read some comments from his Dad this morning and I'm thinking more than ever now that this is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqsV5hDKVI

Not ITK, but I think this one is for real.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35040: May 10, 2018 12:47:06 pm

Oh behave, Vardy is a very good footballer, he is a bit of a tw*t though but for £40 million would be a good deal.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35041: May 10, 2018 12:47:37 pm
      He has 2 mate. But either way, dont think he fits into FSG's "philosophy" plus it looks like Jürgen is happy with Ings being the back-up.

Definitely not settled on Ings. Klopp knows he needs to improve the quality and depth of his attack and midfield.

As far as FSG philosophy, that is different under Klopp than it was before, I think the past few years have shown that. Klopp doesn't like a bloated squad and he doesn't sign players that don't fit into his way of playing. I don't see anything wrong with that. I think most clubs who are in position to spend 40 million on a player are not too likely to spend that on a 31-year old.

I DO THINK, however, that a more experienced player like Vardy would be a good addition to the squad. I've thought maybe a Bosman signing of a more-experienced forward might help out our depth situation up front.

Vardy scores goals, gets about and is a genuine competitor. The problems would be getting him in on a much-reduced cost (or a free, depending on his contract) and him recognizing he isn't guaranteed a starting berth whereas at Leicester he is "the man." (not of Joe Jackson fame, but in a footballing way). Definitely worth looking into.

Kopite78
      Reply #35042: May 10, 2018 01:01:04 pm
      What's his Dad say Robby?

I'm hoping it's something like?

What little Fekir? Yeah Liverpool are getting our little Fekir..
      Lucky  Fekir can't wait
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      Reply #35043: May 10, 2018 02:00:59 pm
      From what I read his dad said that there's been no contact, no agreement and that he wants to play CL with his current club.

Now that could all be posturing horsecrap, but a little bit of cold water. That could be why it's waiting so long, if Lyon qualify he may want to stay with them. If not he may move on. They are 1 point in with 2 games to go I believe.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #35044: May 10, 2018 02:34:43 pm

Not really sure what this means as VVD came at an age and price where we'd never be able to recoup the money paid for him, but as it relates to Vardy i think it is more about him not fitting Klopp's philosophy.

Couple weeks ago there was an interview with Klopp and one of the questions asked was "what type of player does he look for" and his response was (paraphrasing) that he looked for younger players who can take the next step because whatever level they are at, he expects more. Given that, i don't see us going for a player like Vardy, though i think he would be a great option as depth and coming off the bench.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35045: May 10, 2018 03:05:20 pm
      Definitely not settled on Ings. Klopp knows he needs to improve the quality and depth of his attack and midfield.

As far as FSG philosophy, that is different under Klopp than it was before, I think the past few years have shown that. Klopp doesn't like a bloated squad and he doesn't sign players that don't fit into his way of playing. I don't see anything wrong with that. I think most clubs who are in position to spend 40 million on a player are not too likely to spend that on a 31-year old.

I DO THINK, however, that a more experienced player like Vardy would be a good addition to the squad. I've thought maybe a Bosman signing of a more-experienced forward might help out our depth situation up front.

Vardy scores goals, gets about and is a genuine competitor. The problems would be getting him in on a much-reduced cost (or a free, depending on his contract) and him recognizing he isn't guaranteed a starting berth whereas at Leicester he is "the man." (not of Joe Jackson fame, but in a footballing way). Definitely worth looking into.

What I think is Jürgen seems to be satisfied with Ings as a back-up striker option and what we do need is a wide forward who is versatile and capable of playing on either side or off Bobby/Ings

Who we are after is anyone's guess but we definitely need a body there.. a high quality one!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35046: May 10, 2018 03:24:00 pm

I like him at that price too
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35047: May 10, 2018 03:26:18 pm
      Not really sure what this means as VVD came at an age and price where we'd never be able to recoup the money paid for him, but as it relates to Vardy i think it is more about him not fitting Klopp's philosophy.

Couple weeks ago there was an interview with Klopp and one of the questions asked was "what type of player does he look for" and his response was (paraphrasing) that he looked for younger players who can take the next step because whatever level they are at, he expects more. Given that, i don't see us going for a player like Vardy, though i think he would be a great option as depth and coming off the bench.

That's an interesting quote. He definitely likes to make players better and he is good at it. But most good squads have a few minor parts to play roles. Surely a positive-thinking veteran or two wouldn't necessarily contradict his grand plan. You are definitely right that we don't buy players just to sell them.  In the end, Klopp knows best. We'll see what he does to improve next year's group.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35048: May 10, 2018 03:43:16 pm
      Sign Danny Drinkwater and get Fransiscoo Arce out of retirement to go along with Fekir...

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #35049: May 10, 2018 03:57:18 pm
      That's an interesting quote. He definitely likes to make players better and he is good at it. But most good squads have a few minor parts to play roles. Surely a positive-thinking veteran or two wouldn't necessarily contradict his grand plan. You are definitely right that we don't buy players just to sell them.  In the end, Klopp knows best. We'll see what he does to improve next year's group.

Found the article. He doesn't flat out come and say "young" but his description is basically that of a younger player.

"[They need to be] ready for development because when we talk to a player because of the moment he's at in his career, the quality that he brings on the pitch, we expect more.We kind of don't want to remain on that level so we want to make the next steps together...."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43966264

and i agree that a veteran would come in handy, especially once Milner departs, but like you said, i trust Klopp to know best.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #35050: May 10, 2018 04:24:15 pm

Swap deal for Sturridge?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35051: May 10, 2018 04:44:31 pm

Vardy is about 6 years older than Van Dijk. Also Van Dijk is at the age now where he will be reaching his peak years, he’s only going to get better and the market the way it is, I have no doubts that if we sold him in 18months time, we’d get 90mill+ for him.

Quick Reply