Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178966 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35144: May 17, 2018 03:08:04 pm
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #35145: May 17, 2018 03:17:04 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35146: May 17, 2018 03:27:04 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #35147: May 17, 2018 03:37:01 pm
      Bummer, but City is probably the only team in England that offers more allure than us at this moment, so oh well.

However, if we get Keita and Fekir, we could line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation that looks like this:

Karius
      TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robbo
      Keita - Hendo
      Salah - Fekir - Mane
      Firmino

That's a Starting XI i'd put up against anyone in world football, and you'd still have Lallana, Gini, Ox as subs in midfield, so would just need depth at wing.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35148: May 17, 2018 03:51:13 pm
      The rumors are Jean Seri to Arsenal, Fred to United, Andre Gomes to Spurs. May be we should try Julian Weigl for the #6 role!

With Naby set to be Can's replacement and hopefully Fekir is Coutinho's replacement, anyone thinks Gini will be utilized more as a #6 and we'll go in for another young/developing attacking mid?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35149: May 17, 2018 03:53:14 pm
      If someone honestly watched City play and watched us play (especially watched us play them) and still wants to join them....have at it. You don't really get us anyway.

After watching their shoddy support in their empty stadium, and the way we took them apart....bah. Have fun.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #35150: May 17, 2018 04:05:12 pm
      If someone honestly watched City play and watched us play (especially watched us play them) and still wants to join them....have at it. You don't really get us anyway.

After watching their shoddy support in their empty stadium, and the way we took them apart....bah. Have fun.
      Over the past few years (particularly this season) I’ve admired City’s approach to the game, especially when you compare with their derby rivals. We got the better of them a few times this season which I’m chuffed about but the stats don’t lie; most goals, most points etc etc. As a team, they have broken all types of records and will ultimately go down as one of the best teams in the Premier League era.

What I couldn’t be a part of though is their cringey off the field antics. From that promotional video after United lost to hand them the title, the ‘reception’ as they showed up at the Etihad ahead of our CL fixture, then Kyle Walker on stage during the trophy parade trying to be funny. Everything about them is a desperate attempt to be relevant, a veritable swing and a miss.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35151: May 17, 2018 04:09:28 pm

Tbh, as much as I love Jorginho, I have no doubt he has chosen the right club, he is more suited to City/Guardiola than us :(

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35152: May 17, 2018 04:41:10 pm

Very dubious statement that. We have struggled at times to find rhythm and they have certainly been superior over an entire season, thanks to squad depth.

Think the right players who would wanna join us are those who would love a challenge and believe that they can be the difference makers in taking us up to City's tally or rather the next level. Like Virgil.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35153: May 17, 2018 06:00:36 pm
      The rumors are Jean Seri to Arsenal, Fred to United, Andre Gomes to Spurs. May be we should try Julian Weigl for the #6 role!

With Naby set to be Can's replacement and hopefully Fekir is Coutinho's replacement, anyone thinks Gini will be utilized more as a #6 and we'll go in for another young/developing attacking mid?

Definitely one approach - and of course Jürgen will like midfielders who can play more than one role in midfield, especially as we will want to employ more than one system depending on the opponent (the 4-2-3-1 CT mentioned, the 4-3-3 we have seen much of, a modified 4-4-2 we have seen a few times...).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35154: May 17, 2018 06:03:15 pm

However you compare the two sides' playing styles, the truly compelling thing for this move almost surely is that the agent gets more money out of it. I do want a #6 to come in,  but I suspect Klopp will go for someone 2-3 years younger.

OR, as Vicks and Purple have mentioned, Gini could be the #6 as we spend on attacking mid, forward and (my add) central defense.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35155: May 17, 2018 06:03:53 pm

Good player but I would prefer to spend the money on Fekir.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35156: May 17, 2018 06:46:17 pm
      Good player but I would prefer to spend the money on Fekir.

Mate, we need both (profiles)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35157: May 17, 2018 06:47:21 pm
      We need the depth on all areas really. Imagine signing a forward to compete with Mane for a starting spot, a centre back to compete with Matip/Lovren. A goalkeeper to compete with Karius for a number 1 spot.

City have that level of depth and will continue to add and add. We have to go with them.
      handbrake2
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #35158: May 17, 2018 07:17:15 pm
      With Jorginho apparently going to City and Neves happy staying put, what do people think about Fabinho and Rabiot for that role of deepest midfielder?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #35159: May 17, 2018 07:39:43 pm
      Bummer, but City is probably the only team in England that offers more allure than us at this moment, so oh well.

However, if we get Keita and Fekir, we could line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation that looks like this:

Karius
      TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robbo
      Keita - Hendo
      Salah - Fekir - Mane
      Firmino

That's a Starting XI i'd put up against anyone in world football, and you'd still have Lallana, Gini, Ox as subs in midfield, so would just need depth at wing.

No team offers more allure.........but they may offer more lucre.......
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #35160: May 17, 2018 07:43:49 pm
      With Jorginho apparently going to City and Neves happy staying put, what do people think about Fabinho and Rabiot for that role of deepest midfielder?
      Would take Rabiot for sure.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35161: May 17, 2018 08:32:05 pm
      On the 27th May we will have an abundance of top talent on the phone to their agents telling them to get them to Liverpool.
      I wouldn't worry about any media talk Jürgen will know who he wants and I think we are at long last going to see some depth and quality added to this squad.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35162: May 17, 2018 08:44:03 pm

Rabiot hasnt signed a new deal yet at PSG cos his preference is to play an advanced role in midfield and not the deepest. Speculation is he wants to know Tuchel's plans for him before a decision.

He has also missed out on a WC spot, so we might be a tempting option if he wants to play elsewhere and PSG wouldnt say no to 40-odd mil for someone in his last year of contract.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35163: May 18, 2018 01:31:49 pm
      Mason Mount is supposedly the next big star to come out of Chelsea youth team. Has been tearing it up at Vitesse Arnhem (39app/19gls).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vyyxxv4RzE

I think we should just shop at City and Chelsea for their youth players!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #35164: May 18, 2018 04:05:25 pm
      Just read that Borussia Dortmund are ready to sell Christian Pulisic for a fee of around £50 million.
      I read from Thai news then search in google and find some like this
      https://www.rousingthekop.com/2018/05/18/borussia-dortmund-prepared-to-sell-liverpool-target-christian-pulisic-for-50m/
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35165: May 18, 2018 04:18:34 pm
      Just read that Borussia Dortmund are ready to sell Christian Pulisic for a fee of around £50 million.
      https://www.rousingthekop.com/2018/05/18/borussia-dortmund-prepared-to-sell-liverpool-target-christian-pulisic-for-50m/

At that price done deal surely
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #35166: May 18, 2018 04:42:30 pm

50M for Pulisic? too easy to say yes, but i'd imagine he'd go for more than that.

Quick Reply