Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4284770 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3461 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35535: Jun 06, 2018 09:17:55 pm
      If true, I am shocked, but even more shocked Napoli are not asking for more.

Like I said before, Jorginho is pretty much John Williams when in possession, and there isn't anyone better than him at what he does in European football imo. Even at 80m, I'd be happy to have taken him if we didn't sign Fabinho!

John williams ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35536: Jun 06, 2018 09:24:30 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #35537: Jun 06, 2018 09:29:59 pm
      If he's that good, why aren't we in for him for £50mill. snatch him away while they still thinking about it !
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35538: Jun 06, 2018 09:32:45 pm
      If he's that good, why aren't we in for him for £50mill. snatch him away while they still thinking about it !

As much as I love him, he isn't very good at defending counter attacks, and isn't exactly an athletic player too :(

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #35539: Jun 06, 2018 10:33:38 pm
      We'd recoup 2M from Hendo!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #35540: Jun 07, 2018 08:56:33 am
      We should pay Oblak's release clause and be done with it. A top keeper which will give us 10 years at least of being sorted in that spot.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #35541: Jun 07, 2018 09:26:15 am
      Do we reckon Klopp will sign another centre forward this summer? It does concern me that if Firmino was to go down injured we don’t really have a replacement. I’m not a massive fan of Danny zings or Solanke (the drop off is simply too great) so that only really leaves Salah (I’m sure he could do the job) as a viable alternative. We’ve been strongly linked with Fekir and now Shakiri but we really need another number 9. I still don’t understand why we passed on Aubameyang, he would have been perfect and can play across all three front positions.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #35542: Jun 07, 2018 10:29:00 am
      Do we reckon Klopp will sign another centre forward this summer? It does concern me that if Firmino was to go down injured we don’t really have a replacement. I’m not a massive fan of Danny zings or Solanke (the drop off is simply too great) so that only really leaves Salah (I’m sure he could do the job) as a viable alternative. We’ve been strongly linked with Fekir and now Shakiri but we really need another number 9. I still don’t understand why we passed on Aubameyang, he would have been perfect and can play across all three front positions.

I think I read somewhere that Klopp will give Origi time to impress during pre season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #35543: Jun 07, 2018 10:35:27 am

The CF position is a concern for me as well Scott. If Firmino doesn't play we currently have no real replacement.

We have similar issue in CB, albeit not as noticeable, but Van Dijk has been such an improvement at the back that if he were to get injured the doubts about our CB pair would resurface.

Someone on here mentioned that Fekir could possibly be moulded to play the role Bobbie does and maybe that is the thinking but I've never seen him play so no idea if that's an option.

I'd be much more comfortable going into next season if we buy another CB and Cf.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #35544: Jun 07, 2018 11:28:48 am
      The CF position is a concern for me as well Scott. If Firmino doesn't play we currently have no real replacement.

We have similar issue in CB, albeit not as noticeable, but Van Dijk has been such an improvement at the back that if he were to get injured the doubts about our CB pair would resurface.

Someone on here mentioned that Fekir could possibly be moulded to play the role Bobbie does and maybe that is the thinking but I've never seen him play so no idea if that's an option.

I'd be much more comfortable going into next season if we buy another CB and Cf.

Based just on youtube, Fekir looks pretty similar to Coutinho. Doesn't look like he'd be a good fit up front. I think if Firmino got injured, Fekir would play wide and Salah ( or even Mane) could go up front.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #35545: Jun 07, 2018 11:57:33 am
      Salah is our centre forward,he takes up all the positions that you would expect of a striker.
      Bobby could be replaced by Fekir.

Salah’s replacement - Shaqiri   :o
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #35546: Jun 07, 2018 01:03:36 pm
      Salah is our centre forward,he takes up all the positions that you would expect of a striker.
      Bobby could be replaced by Fekir.

Salah’s replacement - Shaqiri   :o

What if it's a 4-2-3-1 next season?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #35547: Jun 07, 2018 01:31:13 pm
      What if it's a 4-2-3-1 next season?

Doesn’t make any difference does it as our play is all about structered chaos, so apart from the CB’s and defensive midfielder you see players popping up all over the place.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35548: Jun 07, 2018 04:41:45 pm
      We have so much fluidity, and with the addition of Fekir, the 'forward' role will not be a problem even if Bobby goes through a lean patch. The idea is to keep Mo as central and as high as possible and if need be, Mane and Fekir can step in to play the false 9 role. Plus, with some good preseason, I think Ings can chip in with the odd goal now and then.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35549: Jun 07, 2018 05:37:57 pm
      Been catching up on Monaco matches to watch Fabinho, and whilst he has been great in the matches I watched, Rony Lopes is the attacking player that really impressed me. Did a google and saw he is only 22 (thought he was late 20s)... ;D. I can see him joining a big club next summer if he carries on playing well, and perhaps Salah replacement if he decides to F**k off ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #35550: Jun 07, 2018 06:24:24 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      Reply #35551: Jun 07, 2018 06:53:58 pm
      Bild reporting that we're in for Bernd Leno and that he'd cost €25 million.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35552: Jun 07, 2018 07:06:27 pm
      Bild reporting that we're in for Bernd Leno and that he'd cost €25 million.

Another error prone keeper.

Our spending on keepers under FSG;

Ward - £100k
      Doni - £0
      Vigouroux - £0
      Migs - £10M
      Bogdan - £0
      Karius - £4.7M
      Manninger - £0

Total - £14.8M and a sh*t load of sloppy goals conceded and points lost.

There has been enough under investment in this area of the team, it’s about time we paid whatever it takes and get this position sorted for the next 5-10 years, the points gained as a result will be well worth the fee. We paid out big money for VVD to finally get in a top class CB and we are seeing the benefits of doing so, surely that’s reason enough too to spend on an area of the team that’s had such little investment. To me it doesn’t make a difference if it’s big money for a keeper or a striker, some people say big money shouldn’t be spent on a keeper, but why? They have just as much importance to a team as a striker or midfielder that clubs are prepared to spend big on.

The likes of Leno, Butland, McArthy, Cillessen etc aren’t the answer.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35553: Jun 07, 2018 07:12:22 pm

Ward - £100k
      Doni - £0
      Vigouroux - £0
      Migs - £10M
      Bogdan - £0
      Karius - £4.7M
      Manninger - £0

There has been enough under investment in this area of the team, it’s about time we paid whatever it takes and get this position sorted for the next 5-10 years, the points gained as a result will be well worth the fee. We paid out big money for VVD to finally get in a top class CB and we are seeing the benefits of doing so, surely that’s reason enough too to spend on an area of the team that’s had such little investment. To me it doesn’t make a difference if it’s big money for a keeper or a striker, some people say big money shouldn’t be spent on a keeper, but why? They have just as much importance to a team as a striker or midfielder that clubs are prepared to spend big on.

I should throw my name in the hat. I used to be in goal during sports class at senior school.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #35554: Jun 07, 2018 07:12:32 pm
      Whats Handanovic at these days?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      Reply #35555: Jun 07, 2018 07:17:50 pm

Ward - £100k
      Doni - £0
      Vigouroux - £0
      Migs - £10M
      Bogdan - £0
      Karius - £4.7M
      Manninger - £0

Agree with every word of that.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #35556: Jun 07, 2018 08:19:33 pm

Yup.

Spot on.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #35557: Jun 07, 2018 08:29:14 pm

Ward - £100k
      Doni - £0
      Vigouroux - £0
      Migs - £10M
      Bogdan - £0
      Karius - £4.7M
      Manninger - £0

10 clean sheets and 14 goals allowed in the 2nd half of the season since Karius-VVD-Robertson came into the starting XI, best in the league. This issue has been fixed, time to put resources somewhere else.

Quick Reply