Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199585 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35673: Jun 12, 2018 02:39:48 pm
      pleased with our two new lads coming in and not too bothered about Fekir. I understand the desire to get deals done but we have a month of football to watch in the World Cup and there will be players who stand out who may not have been considered before.
      There are players who will just be coming into their prime who may not have been fancied before just look at young Robbo there has to be a pool of players who fall into the same category as Andy.

Exactly
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #35674: Jun 12, 2018 03:31:55 pm
      That Julian Draxler lad is quite good with both feet and very intelligent player, I think he's quite strong physically too. He would be a right player to play in the EPL.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35675: Jun 12, 2018 05:07:25 pm
      pleased with our two new lads coming in and not too bothered about Fekir. I understand the desire to get deals done but we have a month of football to watch in the World Cup and there will be players who stand out who may not have been considered before.
      There are players who will just be coming into their prime who may not have been fancied before just look at young Robbo there has to be a pool of players who fall into the same category as Andy.

Who will be this seasons Diouf and Diao?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35676: Jun 12, 2018 05:22:30 pm
      Who will be this seasons Diouf and Diao?

Keita and Fabinho.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35677: Jun 12, 2018 06:24:59 pm
      Thomas lemar off to atletico madrid
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35678: Jun 12, 2018 06:41:25 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35679: Jun 12, 2018 07:03:35 pm

Not bothered about that one, the season he had just gone, was shocking compared to the one before. Think itā€™s a bullet dodged there, could be a top player but I think heā€™d struggle to adapt to the Premier League. La Liga will probably suit him well.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #35680: Jun 12, 2018 07:07:14 pm
      Hmm, could that mean that Griezmann is going to Barcelona now?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35681: Jun 12, 2018 07:20:19 pm
      Hmm, could that mean that Griezmann is going to Barcelona now?

Don't be silly, he is gonna join us :D :D :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35682: Jun 12, 2018 07:45:02 pm
      Don't be silly, he is gonna join us :D :D :D

Nah going to united according to their fans, just like he did last summer
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35683: Jun 13, 2018 07:38:05 am
      Is that true, are Barca and Madrid that dominant in the Arab world, if so why???

Since the the late 90's and early 00's. They're all glory hunters, really. My family is littered with them and I refuse to talk football with anyone of my uncles :D

Access is a big reason, too. My mum was a Liverpool fan in the 70/80's because they used to get a lot of Liverpool games and she fell in love with Keegan and Kenny. German clubs were also hugely popular around then because of Bayern's success in Europe and I think Hamburg (?) won it, too.

Here's an article I quickly found:

http://edgardaily.com/en/sport/2015/why-do-so-many-people-in-the-middle-east-support-barcelona-and-real-madrid-28612
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #35684: Jun 13, 2018 10:25:50 am
      Since the the late 90's and early 00's. They're all glory hunters, really. My family is littered with them and I refuse to talk football with anyone of my uncles :D

Access is a big reason, too. My mum was a Liverpool fan in the 70/80's because they used to get a lot of Liverpool games and she fell in love with Keegan and Kenny. German clubs were also hugely popular around then because of Bayern's success in Europe and I think Hamburg (?) won it, too.

Here's an article I quickly found:

http://edgardaily.com/en/sport/2015/why-do-so-many-people-in-the-middle-east-support-barcelona-and-real-madrid-28612

Especially those Arab RM and Barca so called ā€œfansā€ who only know Messi or Ronaldo and canā€™t list any other player.

We got tons of those :D

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35685: Jun 13, 2018 11:41:45 am
      Especially those Arab RM and Barca so called ā€œfansā€ who only know Messi or Ronaldo and canā€™t list any other player.

We got tons of those :D

Seriously...!

Generally the second word after they announce who they support is either ā€œRonaldoā€ or ā€œMessiā€. Does my head 😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35686: Jun 13, 2018 12:40:24 pm
      Some on here have mentioned this fellow Ziyech from Ajax. Nothing in the article says we're after  him, but the writer reckons we should be.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/forget-nabil-fekir-who-liverpool-14778407

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35687: Jun 13, 2018 01:47:57 pm
      Ziyech would be an astute addition but if we were to stop with just Ziyech and Shaqiri, kinda feel it'll be slightly underwhelming!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35688: Jun 13, 2018 03:30:13 pm
      Ziyech would be an astute addition but if we were to stop with just Ziyech and Shaqiri, kinda feel it'll be slightly underwhelming!

Aren't you forgetting Fabinho and Keita. In reality even if we don't sign any more players we have already significantly strengthened.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #35689: Jun 13, 2018 03:38:21 pm

Maybe they would be willing selling us SaĆŗl  ;D 
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35690: Jun 13, 2018 03:48:02 pm
      Aren't you forgetting Fabinho and Keita. In reality even if we don't sign any more players we have already significantly strengthened.

Agree, our midfield is going to be a beast, but i'd still be unhappy with our depth up front going into next season if no one else was brought in.

As much as i disliked the idea of Shaqiri at first, his talent is undeniable and if he was happy to come here as depth to the front 3 i think that'd be a good move for us. He'd also be playing with a heck of a lot better talent here than at Stoke which could help raise his game as well. I don't know too much about Zyiech but if brought in is because Klopp gave it his blessing, and in JĆ¼rgen i trust.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35691: Jun 13, 2018 04:46:12 pm
      Not saying it is likely, but I think it is possible (being done for the window).

1. Forward: Starting to think Origi will be back in the squad and I do think that is an upgrade over Ings. He might give one of the younger players more opportunities as cover for the front 3 to go with Origi and Solanke. I wouldn't think Sturridge would be kept, but...

2. Midfield: JĆ¼rgen may want to use Gini, Milner and Lallana to hold the place for Ox, hoping for a full recovery.

3. Defense: I would like a new center back, but the defense was much improved and we do at least have plenty of bodies back there.

4. Keeper: I don't think Migs will stay, but Karius will. Maybe Ward and Grabara are considered sufficient backups.

Again, I would expect more incoming (and think we need it to contend), but it's not out of the question that we are done buying for the summer window.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #35692: Jun 13, 2018 04:56:36 pm
      Not saying it is likely, but I think it is possible (being done for the window).

1. Forward: Starting to think Origi will be back in the squad and I do think that is an upgrade over Ings. He might give one of the younger players more opportunities as cover for the front 3 to go with Origi and Solanke. I wouldn't think Sturridge would be kept, but...

2. Midfield: JĆ¼rgen may want to use Gini, Milner and Lallana to hold the place for Ox, hoping for a full recovery.

3. Defense: I would like a new center back, but the defense was much improved and we do at least have plenty of bodies back there.

4. Keeper: I don't think Migs will stay, but Karius will. Maybe Ward and Grabara are considered sufficient backups.

Again, I would expect more incoming (and think we need it to contend), but it's not out of the question that we are done buying for the summer window.

If we are done buying, it's a complete joke.

We are trying to replicate what we did last year AND go further, which means we need way more talent. We weren't even close to City and they haven't weakened. We need to add 3 or 4 really good players this window just to make up some ground. We have the money, we have the pull, this is a vitally important time for our club if we want to not only progress but ensure that we stay at or near the top year in and year out.

Let me remind you of what Werner said before the final:

ā€œI am excited to see Naby Keita join the club this summer and I can only promise our supporters that we will continue to improve the squad,ā€ he said.

ā€œWhatever happens on Saturday night, we will ensure we have a strong squad to compete for trophies next season which will have even more depth.

ā€œWe will make decisions that will improve the team and we will sign players who make us even more successful.ā€
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35693: Jun 13, 2018 05:16:02 pm

I think it's highly doubtful we are since we were going to sign Fekir before the medical report issues, so it's clear the team is looking to add to the current list of players.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #35694: Jun 13, 2018 06:25:38 pm
      I think we sigh other two players one more wide player not sure who will get l think Wilson will be in team as sub next year some gsmes, and l have feeling that origi and solanke both be kept on less solanke go on loan, l see other player come in which be goalkeeper as migs be move on
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35695: Jun 13, 2018 06:51:57 pm
      Not surprised they escaped sanctions but PSG have to raise ~60M by end of month to avoid any issues. Let's help them out by taking Draxler off their hands.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-saint-germain/story/3524727/psg-avoids-ffp-penalty-but-must-raise-immediate-funds-to-satisfy-uefa

Quick Reply