Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179438 times
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35719: Jun 14, 2018 11:43:09 am
      I've seen these stories as well. I wonder if Lucas has encouraged Lazio management to look into this.

It's always tough for young players to break in at big clubs. TAA is very much the exception to the rule over the past several years with us. I guess Marko did pretty well for Cardiff on loan, but that's a long way from helping us win a Premier League title and contending for honors in the Champions League. We are bringing in (at least) two first choice central midfielders so time on the par will be harder to come by.

But from his perspective, it's time to be playing regular first team football. No idea if Lazio interest is real. I'd like to see him get a chance with us but the numbers don't really work in his favor.

EDIT: Just now seeing the following: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/14/football-transfer-rumours-liverpool-lazio-goalkeeper-thomas-strakosha - seems Grujic might be used as part of a swap deal for the Lazio goalkeeper, Thomas Strakosha. Anyone know if that keeper would be an upgrade for us?

I agree that it'll be tough for him to get a run even in rotation. We have six true first team squad midfielders now, and there is a chance we'll still get a #10 style player too. We shouldn't sell him so soon though, and certainly not for just a mil or two more than we paid for him. Not in this inflated market. We should loan him out again this year (possibly even to Cardiff again now they're in the PL), and do what Chelsea usually do and get decent money for those who can't break into first team when their contract only has a year left.

As for this keeper we're linked with now, I've only seen a couple full games of his this year and he was fine. I felt more confident with his energy and presence than I do with Karius and Mignolet. But it's a very small sample size. And compilation videos for keepers are useless because even our keepers have collections of great saves. It's the presence, communication, and decision making we need more than Inspector Gadget anyway. If he's going for 30 mil, that may be a bit steep if we're not confident he's the answer. I mean, Pope might be better value in that case.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35720: Jun 14, 2018 03:32:43 pm
      I would tempt them with a 50mil bid. He is more than what Maureen has made out of him. Can play anywhere across the front-3, something we are desperate for.

So why not?

Cos it's Man Utd and they won't sell to us. See their reaction to the Heinze situation when Rafa tried to get him!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35721: Jun 14, 2018 03:35:40 pm
      So I reckon the transfer threads are going to go dark with the start of the WC....not even a sniff of any remotely reliable rumors since the Fekir deal fell through. I suppose maybe that's a good thing? The players we are going to target are good enough to be playing in the World Cup?

That's what I tell myself to get by anyway ;D
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #35722: Jun 14, 2018 03:36:36 pm
      OFFICIAL: Antoine Griezmann is the new Harry Kewell!

Ian Doyle got me there...bloody hell!
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #35723: Jun 14, 2018 05:24:13 pm
      Patrik Schick
      https://youtu.be/I88jtbF-ZOc

Thought this lad looked class when we played Roma. Anyone seen him play?
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #35724: Jun 14, 2018 05:41:35 pm
      Patrik Schick

Personally, I think there are better value forward options, especially since he doesn't fit the kind of player I'd like to see on our forward line. But I understand what people like about him. I was particularly disappointed though with his efforts for his national team when they got smashed by my very ordinary Aussie side. Also, Roma only just bought him and would expect an excessive fee for him considering the whole Sallah thing.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #35725: Jun 14, 2018 06:00:42 pm
      Patrik Schick

reminds me of crouch. Tall but surprisingly good with his feet to be that tall. Decent player but to be fair there are few decent strikers like him in PL aswell. Could turn into be a very good player but as it stands now. He is decent but nothing special.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35726: Jun 14, 2018 07:21:11 pm
      reminds me of crouch. Tall but surprisingly good with his feet to be that tall. Decent player but to be fair there are few decent strikers like him in PL aswell. Could turn into be a very good player but as it stands now. He is decent but nothing special.

The young turkish lad cengiz under at roma is a better prospect ,
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35727: Jun 14, 2018 09:40:38 pm
      Just sign Barry the Horse please
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #35728: Jun 14, 2018 11:15:38 pm
      Weren't we trying to have all our business done before the world cup? Hasn't really gone to plan has it. We surely can't have 3 problematic windows in a row?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35729: Jun 14, 2018 11:41:30 pm
      Weren't we trying to have all our business done before the world cup? Hasn't really gone to plan has it. We surely can't have 3 problematic windows in a row?

Before pre-season.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #35730: Jun 15, 2018 03:00:02 am
      I've seen these stories as well. I wonder if Lucas has encouraged Lazio management to look into this.

It's always tough for young players to break in at big clubs. TAA is very much the exception to the rule over the past several years with us. I guess Marko did pretty well for Cardiff on loan, but that's a long way from helping us win a Premier League title and contending for honors in the Champions League. We are bringing in (at least) two first choice central midfielders so time on the par will be harder to come by.

But from his perspective, it's time to be playing regular first team football. No idea if Lazio interest is real. I'd like to see him get a chance with us but the numbers don't really work in his favor.

EDIT: Just now seeing the following: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/14/football-transfer-rumours-liverpool-lazio-goalkeeper-thomas-strakosha - seems Grujic might be used as part of a swap deal for the Lazio goalkeeper, Thomas Strakosha. Anyone know if that keeper would be an upgrade for us?
      You are certainly right and I agree with you, but I feel like he could still be loaned or if Klopp likes him (something I read many times), then we could certainly try to give him game time.

Ox is out until November-December, we've got League games, F.A Cup, Carabao Cup, Champions League and we could find ourselves down a midfielder or two anytime as we saw this year.

If you think of Henderson as the only CDM replacement for Fabinho then this leaves Grujic competing for one of the two CM spots with Keita, Gini, Milner and Lallana. IMHO its feasible for him to steal a couple of minutes here or there and hopefully prove his worth.

However, I agree that he is probably looking for regular starts week in week out at this point in his career in order to fully develop and if it's his will to get those minutes at a decent club such as Lazio then we can't do anything about other than try and get a good deal.

All in all, I'd like to see the lad stick around one way or the other and develop into a useful player at this club, but if the circumstances can't allow it then send my sincerest regards to the lad and get us the best deal we can get for him.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #35731: Jun 15, 2018 06:49:58 am
      Oh, i love the Summer transfer window!!  :f_tongueincheek:

Lots of people wanking over 4 minute YouTube videos of players who have played over 10,000 minutes of football.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

People pretending they have watched every player we are in for, watch every League game in every European League and have been monitoring them for months or years.  :o :o :o

Oh how i love the transfer window  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #35732: Jun 15, 2018 07:15:26 am
      Kopite78
      Reply #35733: Jun 15, 2018 07:44:51 am

Lots of people wanking over 4 minute YouTube videos of players who have played over 10,000 minutes of football.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

People pretending they have watched every player we are in for, watch every League game in every European League and have been monitoring them for months or years.  :o :o :o

Irony that you have a go at me for not caring or getting bothered about transfers 😀
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #35734: Jun 15, 2018 07:49:45 am

Why is that strange. Can't talk about others but I have access to eriedevisie, LA liga, serie a, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, champions league and premier league.
      Now I won't say that I watch every game but if there is a big team playing then I mostly watch it or have it in the background. I like watching football.

The good players will stick out and you tend to remember their names.
      I just don't see what's so funny about that tbh.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #35735: Jun 15, 2018 08:21:04 am

Hahaha c'mon, chill out. Pretty sure none of us are actually scouts for LFC (or any other football club), nor are we under any illusion that we're experts making critical assessments of players from the occasional games or highlights vids we've seen.

Personally, I don't see any issue with people sharing and discussing opinions they've formed. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, this is a forum, right? That is what most of us are here for, right? Or are we just here to w*nk over our cynicism and apathy when it suits us?

As for those dreaded highlight vids, yeah, I'm pretty sure just about everyone here is reasonable enough to understand their limitations. I know that if I was to watch a Karius vid I probably would also see some impressive saves here and there, but it's unlikely to show me all the times that he didn't go and grab a ball in the air with conviction, or when he parried the ball into dangerous positions with minimal pressure, or those absolute howlers. But you can learn bits and pieces for outfield players, especially forwards and midfielders. You can pick up on the difference between the flair players who can beat people but then run into trouble or make poor passes, and those who do it just to beat a man momentarily to create space (and/or draw another) and then choose the right option.

Anyway, whatevs, it's not for you, that's cool. If you want to start a thread specifically based on players who've been personally and thoroughly scouted by the poster then I'm sure it'll be a much more engaging topic than what is being criticised here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35736: Jun 15, 2018 09:17:35 am
      Now the World Cup has started its going to be difficult to conclude any deals so we will have to be patient.
      I am going to enjoy the football and hope to see a few players who are desperate to come to their childhood club Liverpool.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35737: Jun 15, 2018 10:15:07 am
      Now the World Cup has started its going to be difficult to conclude any deals so we will have to be patient.
      I am going to enjoy the football and hope to see a few players who are desperate to come to their childhood club Liverpool.

Should still be possible to do deals for players not competing though shouldn't it?
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #35738: Jun 15, 2018 10:31:48 am
      The young turkish lad cengiz under at roma is a better prospect ,

Yeah I thought he looked boss too!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35739: Jun 15, 2018 11:15:18 am
      So I reckon the transfer threads are going to go dark with the start of the WC....not even a sniff of any remotely reliable rumors since the Fekir deal fell through. I suppose maybe that's a good thing? The players we are going to target are good enough to be playing in the World Cup?

That's what I tell myself to get by anyway ;D

I feel your pain. This is going to be an odd World  Cup year I think, and already is with the likes of Holland and Italy not qualifying. Seems like there might be more than the usual # of good players not participating this time.

You're absolutely correct about the reliability of the links over the next four weeks. Maybe if I watch the games more than I feel like doing at the moment, it will help me not obsess over our transfer business, then I can "wake up" and see exactly what we have done.

"Hello, my name is Robby and I'm a Reds transfer business addict...."

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35740: Jun 15, 2018 11:24:26 am
      I feel your pain. This is going to be an odd World  Cup year I think, and already is with the likes of Holland and Italy not qualifying. Seems like there might be more than the usual # of good players not participating this time.

You're absolutely correct about the reliability of the links over the next four weeks. Maybe if I watch the games more than I feel like doing at the moment, it will help me not obsess over our transfer business, then I can "wake up" and see exactly what we have done.

"Hello, my name is Robby and I'm a Reds transfer business addict...."

I was actually paying attention to Russia and KSA's keepers yesterday to see if they were better than Karius. How sad is that ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35741: Jun 15, 2018 11:29:05 am
      I was actually paying attention to Russia and KSA's keepers yesterday to see if they were better than Karius. How sad is that ;D

We can damn Loris with the faint praise that he's better than the Saudi keeper.  :)

But will we see Bruno Fernandes today? He's the new Nabil Fekir, you know. Or is it Hakim Ziyech of Morocco?

Quick Reply