Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179879 times
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35742: Jun 15, 2018 12:52:36 pm
      Checking out young players I dig that Liverpool may also be interested in is part of the charm of every WC for me. This year there are a few nations to follow to potentially observe some of their youngsters at this level.

One is definitely Morocco, with the likes of Hakim Ziyech and Amine Harit. Most Liverpool fans are understandably keen on the former, but I'd actually be more keen to see us snap up the latter. The guy leaves more defenders on the floor (or giving up fouls on him) than any player I recall seeing for a while. And he's still a kid. But unlike most kids, he tends to be really clever and purposeful with his trickery. He seems to have a really good attitude too. Only likely to get a run in certain formations or off the bench though. Their two young fullbacks, Hakimi and Mendyl, would be interesting to observe on this stage too. Shame that we might only see them in three games due to being in one of the tougher groups, but Portugal can be very ordinary at times, so we'll see.

Speaking of, however, Portugal have three players from Sporting Lisbon we should keep an eye out for - Bruno Fernandes (as you also said), Gelson Martins and William Carvalho. All potentially available for free if their terminated contracts are upheld. All great value, if so. Also, wouldn't mind seeing more of Ruben Dias (in the unlikeliness he gets a run), and always good to see more of Goncalo Guedes and Andre Silva (although not really sure they'd ever be good value fits for a Klopp Liverpool side, considering other alternatives).

Spain, Denmark, Croatia, Serbia, Germany, and Belgium all have some players we should keep an eye on. Mexico too, but only fringe players who we'd be unlikely to secure work permits until they're established in the national first team.

And then there is England...  :) or my Aussies  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35743: Jun 15, 2018 06:21:31 pm
      Checking out young players I dig that Liverpool may also be interested in is part of the charm of every WC for me. This year there are a few nations to follow to potentially observe some of their youngsters at this level.

One is definitely Morocco, with the likes of Hakim Ziyech and Amine Harit. Most Liverpool fans are understandably keen on the former, but I'd actually be more keen to see us snap up the latter. The guy leaves more defenders on the floor (or giving up fouls on him) than any player I recall seeing for a while. And he's still a kid. But unlike most kids, he tends to be really clever and purposeful with his trickery. He seems to have a really good attitude too. Only likely to get a run in certain formations or off the bench though. Their two young fullbacks, Hakimi and Mendyl, would be interesting to observe on this stage too. Shame that we might only see them in three games due to being in one of the tougher groups, but Portugal can be very ordinary at times, so we'll see.

Speaking of, however, Portugal have three players from Sporting Lisbon we should keep an eye out for - Bruno Fernandes (as you also said), Gelson Martins and William Carvalho. All potentially available for free if their terminated contracts are upheld. All great value, if so. Also, wouldn't mind seeing more of Ruben Dias (in the unlikeliness he gets a run), and always good to see more of Goncalo Guedes and Andre Silva (although not really sure they'd ever be good value fits for a Klopp Liverpool side, considering other alternatives).

Spain, Denmark, Croatia, Serbia, Germany, and Belgium all have some players we should keep an eye on. Mexico too, but only fringe players who we'd be unlikely to secure work permits until they're established in the national first team.

And then there is England...  :) or my Aussies  :lmao:

Not keen on Ziyech, I think he would struggle in a tougher league.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35744: Jun 15, 2018 07:48:58 pm
      I was desperately hoping for this to happen and IT HAS!!

So, the world's best keeper makes a big mistake in the WC opening game. Mistakes do happen.. bad mouthing Karius brings nothing to anyone.

I would be perfectly fine if he were to start as our #1 and we spend the money elsewhere
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #35745: Jun 15, 2018 07:58:42 pm

So, the world's best keeper makes a big mistake in the WC opening game. Mistakes do happen.. bad mouthing Karius brings nothing to anyone.

I would be perfectly fine if he were to start as our #1 and we spend the money elsewhere

Yup, don't want De Gea, he's sh*t. No decent Keeper ever makes mistakes like that on such a big stage!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #35746: Jun 16, 2018 01:08:15 pm
      Irony that you have a go at me for not caring or getting bothered about transfers 😀

Why is that strange. Can't talk about others but I have access to eriedevisie, LA liga, serie a, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, champions league and premier league.
      Now I won't say that I watch every game but if there is a big team playing then I mostly watch it or have it in the background. I like watching football.

The good players will stick out and you tend to remember their names.
      I just don't see what's so funny about that tbh.

Hahaha c'mon, chill out. Pretty sure none of us are actually scouts for LFC (or any other football club), nor are we under any illusion that we're experts making critical assessments of players from the occasional games or highlights vids we've seen.

Personally, I don't see any issue with people sharing and discussing opinions they've formed. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, this is a forum, right? That is what most of us are here for, right? Or are we just here to w*nk over our cynicism and apathy when it suits us?

As for those dreaded highlight vids, yeah, I'm pretty sure just about everyone here is reasonable enough to understand their limitations. I know that if I was to watch a Karius vid I probably would also see some impressive saves here and there, but it's unlikely to show me all the times that he didn't go and grab a ball in the air with conviction, or when he parried the ball into dangerous positions with minimal pressure, or those absolute howlers. But you can learn bits and pieces for outfield players, especially forwards and midfielders. You can pick up on the difference between the flair players who can beat people but then run into trouble or make poor passes, and those who do it just to beat a man momentarily to create space (and/or draw another) and then choose the right option.

Anyway, whatevs, it's not for you, that's cool. If you want to start a thread specifically based on players who've been personally and thoroughly scouted by the poster then I'm sure it'll be a much more engaging topic than what is being criticised here.

Hey everyone, calm down. It's just my opinion formed over several years on this forum and witnessing several years of transfer window meltdowns.

It wasn't aimed at anyone so just relax.

It's when we are interested in Vitaliev Litvonchenko from Dagestan Zagreb and (some) people come on and say they've been watching him for years and he is a class act. It's when (some) people virtually sex wee in their pants when they watch a YouTube video 4 minutes long when that actually accounts for 0.001% of their playing career. It's when (some) people claim to have watched so many games in so many Leagues that it is physically impossible to fit that amount of games into your life, unless you don't sleep that is.

It's so difficult to understand banter in the form of text, maybe i should use this emoji a bit more  :f_tongueincheek:

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35747: Jun 16, 2018 02:19:41 pm

Hey everyone, calm down. It's just my opinion formed over several years on this forum and witnessing several years of transfer window meltdowns.

It wasn't aimed at anyone so just relax.

It's when we are interested in Vitaliev Litvonchenko from Dagestan Zagreb and (some) people come on and say they've been watching him for years and he is a class act. It's when (some) people virtually sex wee in their pants when they watch a YouTube video 4 minutes long when that actually accounts for 0.001% of their playing career. It's when (some) people claim to have watched so many games in so many Leagues that it is physically impossible to fit that amount of games into your life, unless you don't sleep that is.

It's so difficult to understand banter in the form of text, maybe i should use this emoji a bit more  :f_tongueincheek:

If you are doubting whether this Litvonchenko fellow is the real deal, then you are totally full of crap! I've seen him play internationally for Wakanda and in the Sokovian Premier League for years (because I am expert in those places) and he scores goals, controls midfield AND clears his lines like nobody before him. He even subs on as keeper for post-match spot kicks in tournaments and save EVERYTHING. If we don't buy this player, Burnley or Wolves are sure to get him and we will be made to look like incompetent fools when he bags 6 against us in the League Cup. Come on Michael Edwards. Get the finger out!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #35748: Jun 16, 2018 03:07:19 pm
      If you are doubting whether this Litvonchenko fellow is the real deal, then you are totally full of crap! I've seen him play internationally for Wakanda and in the Sokovian Premier League for years (because I am expert in those places) and he scores goals, controls midfield AND clears his lines like nobody before him. He even subs on as keeper for post-match spot kicks in tournaments and save EVERYTHING. If we don't buy this player, Burnley or Wolves are sure to get him and we will be made to look like incompetent fools when he bags 6 against us in the League Cup. Come on Michael Edwards. Get the finger out!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35749: Jun 16, 2018 04:48:41 pm

The logic is amazing. So if a world class player makes a mistake, then this is some sort of vindication to a player that hasn't ever played to even remotely similar standings?

Sorry that's a load of crap. It's like saying Messi wouldn't be an improvement on, I don't know, Emre Can, because he just missed a penalty against Iceland.

There's a reason why people will not come on De Gea for his mistake as hard as they would on Karius, and that is because De Gea has been one of the world's best for years. So many people jumping to mention Karius after De Gea's fuckup, that's just sheer desperation to justify throwing away a Champions League final.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35750: Jun 16, 2018 04:50:22 pm
      There was a very tenuous link on twitter that LFC were interested in Lucas Paquetá. Now, I don't really believe it to be honest, it didn't seem to be reliable at all, but if true it would be amazing. He's a perfect Jürgen Klopp player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35751: Jun 16, 2018 05:43:55 pm
      There was a very tenuous link on twitter that LFC were interested in Lucas Paquetá. Now, I don't really believe it to be honest, it didn't seem to be reliable at all, but if true it would be amazing. He's a perfect Jürgen Klopp player.

Who does he play for Diego, do you have some info on him?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35752: Jun 16, 2018 08:59:04 pm
      Who does he play for Diego, do you have some info on him?

He plays for Flamengo, and yeah, since they're my club back in Brazil I do know a lot about him, I watch him every week and he's absolutely fantastic.

Only 20 years of age, still lots to learn of course, but one of the most exciting young players I've watched.

He's versatile, having played as a striker, winger, attacking midfielder and central mid, but he's at his best when playing through the middle in my opinion. At the moment he's been playing as a number 8, because we have Diego (former Werder Bremen, Juventus, Atletico Madrid etc) playing as a 10, but I think he's even better when playing closer to goal.

His technical skills are just ridiculous. His dribbling and first touch are incredible. His passing is very good and his decision making, most of the time, is great. Of course he still makes some mistakes, most commonly when trying to do too much in dangerous areas. As I said I think he's most naturally an attacking player so having to come deep to collect the ball, he's tried sometimes to start dribbling in our own half and caused problems when losing the ball - but that's not very frequent.

Most of the time his passing is spot on and very positive. He's always looking for one-twos, quick transitions and can do the unpredictable at any moment. And what I think makes him a perfect Klopp player - he works his ass off, presses the opponents until the very last second of the match, and reminds me of Firmino in the sense that he's technically so gifted and naturally attacking minded but still makes a significant number of tackles. He wins a fair number of headers when helping in defense as well, clearing the ball from danger.

Don't think I'm saying all of this because he plays for my team, because I'm VERY wary of overhyping our youth products, and that includes Vinicius Jr who has been sold to Real Madrid for 45m. Vinicius has a great future ahead of him but I could see his career going either way, his talent is too raw and his decision making just isn't great so far - he has to develop a lot tactically to play at that level he'll be required to in Spain.

Paquetá, though... I think he should be in Russia right now, he's that good. And Tite clearly sees something in him as well - Paquetá was part of the "reserve" list for the World Cup (23 were called up but an additional 7 were on that reserve list, which included Lucas Paquetá). Flamengo are currently top of the league and there's no doubt for anyone that he's the club's best player.

He just doesn't seem to feel pressure either. Playing for Flamengo (estimated 40m million supporters in Brazil) is hard, a lot of great players have played for the club but couldn't perform as expected (Diego himself has been under a lot of criticism and he's supposedly a star), but Paquetá just does his thing and doesn't give a F**k.

As I said, I don't think we've been credibly linked to him yet, but if he has to leave Flamengo (which would make me really sad) then I'd love if it was for LFC. Juve is rumoured to be very interested in him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35753: Jun 16, 2018 09:04:02 pm
      He plays for Flamengo, and yeah, since they're my club back in Brazil I do know a lot about him, I watch him every week and he's absolutely fantastic.

Only 20 years of age, still lots to learn of course, but one of the most exciting young players I've watched.

He's versatile, having played as a striker, winger, attacking midfielder and central mid, but he's at his best when playing through the middle in my opinion. At the moment he's been playing as a number 8, because we have Diego (former Werder Bremen, Juventus, Atletico Madrid etc) playing as a 10, but I think he's even better when playing closer to goal.

His technical skills are just ridiculous. His dribbling and first touch are incredible. His passing is very good and his decision making, most of the time, is great. Of course he still makes some mistakes, most commonly when trying to do too much in dangerous areas. As I said I think he's most naturally an attacking player so having to come deep to collect the ball, he's tried sometimes to start dribbling in our own half and caused problems when losing the ball - but that's not very frequent.

Most of the time his passing is spot on and very positive. He's always looking for one-twos, quick transitions and can do the unpredictable at any moment. And what I think makes him a perfect Klopp player - he works his ass off, presses the opponents until the very last second of the match, and reminds me of Firmino in the sense that he's technically so gifted and naturally attacking minded but still makes a significant number of tackles. He wins a fair number of headers when helping in defense as well, clearing the ball from danger.

Don't think I'm saying all of this because he plays for my team, because I'm VERY wary of overhyping our youth products, and that includes Vinicius Jr who has been sold to Real Madrid for 45m. Vinicius has a great future ahead of him but I could see his career going either way, his talent is too raw and his decision making just isn't great so far - he has to develop a lot tactically to play at that level he'll be required to in Spain.

Paquetá, though... I think he should be in Russia right now, he's that good. And Tite clearly sees something in him as well - Paquetá was part of the "reserve" list for the World Cup (23 were called up but an additional 7 were on that reserve list, which included Lucas Paquetá). Flamengo are currently top of the league and there's no doubt for anyone that he's the club's best player.

He just doesn't seem to feel pressure either. Playing for Flamengo (estimated 40m million supporters in Brazil) is hard, a lot of great players have played for the club but couldn't perform as expected (Diego himself has been under a lot of criticism and he's supposedly a star), but Paquetá just does his thing and doesn't give a f**k.

As I said, I don't think we've been credibly linked to him yet, but if he has to leave Flamengo (which would make me really sad) then I'd love if it was for LFC. Juve is rumoured to be very interested in him.

Sadly bt have stop showing the Brazilian serie A , are you still in the copa de brasil which freesports show ?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35754: Jun 16, 2018 10:26:01 pm
      The logic is amazing. So if a world class player makes a mistake, then this is some sort of vindication to a player that hasn't ever played to even remotely similar standings?

Sorry that's a load of crap. It's like saying Messi wouldn't be an improvement on, I don't know, Emre Can, because he just missed a penalty against Iceland.

There's a reason why people will not come on De Gea for his mistake as hard as they would on Karius, and that is because De Gea has been one of the world's best for years. So many people jumping to mention Karius after De Gea's fuckup, that's just sheer desperation to justify throwing away a Champions League final.

No what it says is that everyone can make mistakes, and Yes Karius mistakes cost us, but so did Gerrard,s headed own goal cost us a cup final to Chelsea, and his slip again against Chelsea cost us the title and De Gea's fuckup could still cost Spain. But hey, that's football.

And you could easily blame Klopp for not taking someone better than Solanke to replace one of the front three in case of an injury
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35755: Jun 16, 2018 11:37:01 pm
      Sadly bt have stop showing the Brazilian serie A , are you still in the copa de brasil which freesports show ?

Yes, we play against Gremio in the QF
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35756: Jun 16, 2018 11:42:59 pm
      No what it says is that everyone can make mistakes, and Yes Karius mistakes cost us, but so did Gerrard,s headed own goal cost us a cup final to Chelsea, and his slip again against Chelsea cost us the title and De Gea's fuckup could still cost Spain. But hey, that's football.

And you could easily blame Klopp for not taking someone better than Solanke to replace one of the front three in case of an injury

Of course everyone can make mistakes, I was questioning the logic of how that then means we should not be looking for a new goalkeeper. How is De Gea F***ing up some sort of vindication for Karius. To use a player that you have just mentioned as an example, it would be like saying we don't need better backup than Solanke because Messi fu**ed up today.

I could easily blame Klopp for that, yeah, but the fact still remains that without Karius two massive fuckups, the game was 1-1, so it wasn't Solanke being on the bench that lost us the game. Even Karius knows he was at fault, even his mom probably knows as much, you are in denial if you're looking for excuses elsewhere or celebrating a different goalkeeper's mistake one month later in a different competition because of it.

If we take that weird, stupid logic to the extreme, we would be saying that if even De Gea can make mistakes, then why bother with goalkeepers at all? Oh give me a break.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35757: Jun 17, 2018 12:01:31 am
      Yes, we play against Gremio in the QF

Excellent,  hopefully they will show flamengo then
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #35758: Jun 17, 2018 08:44:55 am
      Not keen on Ziyech, I think he would struggle in a tougher league.

I agree. I don't think he is intelligent enough with his trickiness to make up for his sleight frame. Considering Ajax seem likely to want to sell him for over 35 mil, I'd much rather take someone like Malcom for that kind of fee, and then work even further on his versatility. Or even Harit for under, say, 27 mil. At the very least the kid would be winning us a good half a dozen free kicks just outside the box every game haha.

As with Ziyech, I think many Liverpool fans are just hungry for a new Gerrard/Coutinho who'll score some semi-regular goals from outside the box. As exciting as that has been for us, I'd personally just prefer an intelligent and hard-working flair player who'll be a consistent upgrade on our transition and finding ways to get past that pesky damn bus.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #35759: Jun 17, 2018 08:46:44 am
      This bloody grinds my gears. I mean, clearly Igor is the better of the Litvonchenko twins! Forget about fancy scouting and analytics. Forget about goals, assists, and passing accuracy. Better goal celebration? Check! Better hairstyle? Check! More likes on social media? Check! Hotter girlfriend that I wish I was the one banging? Check, mate!

The guy is prone to making mistakes but who cares because, um, the best players in the world make mistakes too.

:f_tongueincheek:
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #35760: Jun 17, 2018 09:48:08 am

Ha oh my goodness. C'mon, bad mouthing is one thing, being justifiably critical is another. Everyone is capable of mistakes. Pretty sure most of us would have made them by now, on and off the football pitch.

But let me give you a (lame) example. My nine year old nephew plays predominantly right back. When an opposing attacker runs toward him, I immediately feel like his team are vulnerable, because I know there is a good chance he'll rush in and make an aggressive tackle and miss, leaving the goalie exposed to a clear cut chance. However, when it's an attacker running at the kid usually playing left back, I don't have the same immediate sense of vulnerability. I don't think the kid is perfect. Or that he can't make mistakes. Far from it. But I feel confident that he'll most likely attempt to steer the attacker away from a direct path to goal and towards the sideline where the threat will be severely reduced.

Sure, my nephew may chip in for a few blinder blocks in front of goal every now and then, but if I was a manager and had to choose between the two, I'd pick the other kid. The reliable one. The one who instills me with confidence.

So when I, as a Liverpool fan, say that I don't want Karius as our first choice goalkeeper at this point in time, it's not because of individual mistakes, or because I'm being reactionary, or because I hate the man, it's because his temperament is not what I want from a defensive player at our club. It's because when a cross is whipped into the box against Liverpool, I feel vulnerable, because he isn't commanding enough. It's because when a ball ricochets seemingly harmlessly into a space between him and the centre backs, I feel vulnerable, because he doesn't communicate enough, and it's easily imaginable that as a result an opposing striker would poach a goal while our players stand and watch all thinking one of the others was going to sort out the threat.

Van Dijk's arrival can only do so much. It won't stop Lovren from again going aggressively for a header and missing, creating a clear cut chance (and ensuing goal) for our opponents that wouldn't have been allowed had just about any other defender been there in his place (despite the lessons he should have learnt from the mistakes against Tottenham, Man City, and Roma. It won't stop Moreno from needlessly lunging in for hero tackles and missing (like my nephew), leaving opposing wingers to run in on goal or set up strikers with ease.

I love some of Karius' saves. I love some of Lovren's winning goals for us, and some of Moreno's attacking contributions at blistering pace. But as a fan of a great club that hasn't won the PL title in way too long, I'm entitled to also say that I'd rather my first choice GK, CBs, and FBs have specific reliable traits key to their positions plus some luxury ones, rather than capable of brilliance but inherently prone to poor judgement in key areas.

Fans of our club should not be feeling more vulnerable watching us in defensive scenarios than fans of, say, Burnley and Newcastle. They are not better clubs than ours. They do not have better players. But an observer would feel more confident in their defensive judgement than ours (while certain players of ours are on the pitch). If we concede goals resulting from exceptional play by our opponents, we can cop that. But if we can greatly reduce the kinds of heartbreaking goals that are gifted to our opponents from a lack of judgement, communication, or presence, then I'll continue to lobby for those traits in our defensive players.
      Kopite78
      Reply #35761: Jun 17, 2018 12:52:17 pm

Me?
      I couldn't be more calm because as I said to you I couldn't care less about players until they're through the door.
      I can't get excited about players we likely won't sign and get involved in transfer tittle tattle
      👍
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35762: Jun 17, 2018 01:01:37 pm
      Of course everyone can make mistakes, I was questioning the logic of how that then means we should not be looking for a new goalkeeper. How is De Gea f**king up some sort of vindication for Karius. To use a player that you have just mentioned as an example, it would be like saying we don't need better backup than Solanke because Messi fu**ed up today.

I could easily blame Klopp for that, yeah, but the fact still remains that without Karius two massive fuckups, the game was 1-1, so it wasn't Solanke being on the bench that lost us the game. Even Karius knows he was at fault, even his mom probably knows as much, you are in denial if you're looking for excuses elsewhere or celebrating a different goalkeeper's mistake one month later in a different competition because of it.

If we take that weird, stupid logic to the extreme, we would be saying that if even De Gea can make mistakes, then why bother with goalkeepers at all? Oh give me a break.
      With in minutes of Salah leaving the field Marcelo was free to run riot up and down the left and in that those minutes that followed Salah leaving the field I could see and feel  that the game was lost.

We were being pinned back, in it became not "If" real would score be rather "When" Real would score... And remember this, we only got back in to the game when Real sat back after their goal and allowed us back in...

Now normal time or extra time Real were winning that final, Karius's mistakes only meant that it was sooner rather than later.

His mistakes were a direct result of the Salah injury, and partly of the inability to replace him with a suitable replacement from the bench that could do the job of pinning back Marcelo, up until that point Real look very ordinary 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35763: Jun 17, 2018 01:17:08 pm

De Gea, Ter Stegen, Neuer, Buffon, any World Class or Top Goal keeper you can name have made mistakes, some more costly than others. Now Imagine if the club that they had made those mistakes for would have sold them on, as you put it
      "Then why bother with Goal keepers"...

Had it been in the group stages people would have been upset, but they would have also not reacted in the manner that they are currently doing. It was because it was The Champions League Final, that's were the hurt really lies
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35764: Jun 17, 2018 01:36:38 pm
      With in minutes of Salah leaving the field Marcelo was free to run riot up and down the left and in that those minutes that followed Salah leaving the field I could see and feel  that the game was lost.

We were being pinned back, in it became not "If" real would score be rather "When" Real would score... And remember this, we only got back in to the game when Real sat back after their goal and allowed us back in...

Now normal time or extra time Real were winning that final, Karius's mistakes only meant that it was sooner rather than later.

His mistakes were a direct result of the Salah injury, and partly of the inability to replace him with a suitable replacement from the bench that could do the job of pinning back Marcelo, up until that point Real look very ordinary 

Hahahahaha

So the goalkeeper throwing the ball into the feet of a striker was the direct result of an injury to the right winger?

Seriously.

You can waste your time with that ridiculous rhetoric as much as you like, the fact remains that we scored a goal even without Salah and that we lost that match by 2 goals, 2 epic fuckups by a mediocre goalkeeper.

Quick Reply