Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210908 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36248: Jul 18, 2018 11:22:23 am
      Any news on possible destinations for Mignolet ?

Hopefully on the back of a trebuchet
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #36249: Jul 18, 2018 11:33:56 am
      If we complete the signing of Allison and get Fekir (or equivalent), short of signing another good central defender (still required if we're gonna push for the title IMO), the improvement in the squad in a year will be astronomical for a relatively small net outlay. 

Tremendous business by LFC and as Rib says, credit to FSG.

Very much looking forward to seeing our newbies in action against a dangerous-looking West Ham for the season curtain-raiser now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36250: Jul 18, 2018 11:43:30 am
      If we complete the signing of Allison and get Fekir (or equivalent), short of signing another good central defender (still required if we're gonna push for the title IMO), the improvement in the squad in a year will be astronomical for a relatively small net outlay. 

Tremendous business by LFC and as Rib says, credit to FSG.

Very much looking forward to seeing our newbies in action against a dangerous-looking West Ham for the season curtain-raiser now.

Genuinely fine with our defensive options and the depth we have. At a push I’d shift Matip on but if he’s fourth choice then that’s fine.

Call me greedy but I’d still love another genuine right-footed attacker if Allison and Fekir come in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #36251: Jul 18, 2018 11:44:41 am
      Genuinely fine with our defensive options and the depth we have. At a push I’d shift Matip on but if he’s fourth choice then that’s fine.

Call me greedy but I’d still love another genuine right-footed attacker if Allison and Fekir come in.

Now that's just being greedy mate  ;)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #36252: Jul 18, 2018 12:08:21 pm
      Now that's just being greedy mate  ;)

Yeah, ticket prices may go up!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36253: Jul 18, 2018 12:48:40 pm

Or, Allison might be the end of it. Just sayin'
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #36254: Jul 18, 2018 01:13:42 pm
      If we get Allison then our defence will look really good I think. On the Fekir transfer, I can understand Jürgen wanting to play with a CAM like or similar to Coutinho but for me we played the better football with the 4 3 3 without Coutinho when he left. So if we don't get Fekir I'm not too bothered TBH.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36255: Jul 18, 2018 01:37:37 pm
      If we get Allison then our defence will look really good I think. On the Fekir transfer, I can understand Jürgen wanting to play with a CAM like or similar to Coutinho but for me we played the better football with the 4 3 3 without Coutinho when he left. So if we don't get Fekir I'm not too bothered TBH.

If we fail to sign Allison (which I believe we will fail) then I would not be too unhappy if we signed the likes of Danijel Subašić (Croatia 's WC keeper) or the Russian Goal keeper, Igor Akinfeev Both had good world cups, and both looked the biz...

Yes they are 33, and 32 respectively, but that is and OK age for a keeper, and would give us a good couple of seasons to if a quality young keeper who wants to come to us, while giving us a fairly solid keeper
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36256: Jul 18, 2018 01:44:35 pm
      If we fail to sign Allison (which I believe we will fail) then I would not be too unhappy if we signed the likes of Danijel Subašić (Croatia 's WC keeper) or the Russian Goal keeper, Igor Akinfeev Both had good world cups, and both looked the biz...

Yes they are 33, and 32 respectively, but that is and OK age for a keeper, and would give us a good couple of seasons to if a quality young keeper who wants to come to us, while giving us a fairly solid keeper

So taking into account that Roma have accepted our offer what makes you think that Allison does not want to come to us?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #36257: Jul 18, 2018 01:53:53 pm
      Hopefully on the back of a trebuchet

Ouch.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36258: Jul 18, 2018 01:57:03 pm
      So taking into account that Roma have accepted our offer what makes you think that Allison does not want to come to us?
      I am not being sarcastic when I ask if you now how transfers work ..?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36259: Jul 18, 2018 02:02:10 pm

D'ya mean someone like Kimmic, was impressed by him @ WC albeit for only 3 games, but still he'd fit right in imo ?

YNWA

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36260: Jul 18, 2018 02:17:43 pm
      I am not being sarcastic when I ask if you now how transfers work ..?

Might be better to ask how you think transfers work seeing as you are the one who thinks this won't happen.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36261: Jul 18, 2018 02:47:43 pm
      Might be better to ask how you think transfers work seeing as you are the one who thinks this won't happen.
      Well come to transfer 101....
      A club puts in a offer for a play, If that offer is excepted the club that has put in that offer is given permission to speak terms with that player. The play can except that those terms , he has a medical and if all is ok he then can sign for that club

That's basically how it work

But example that i like to use...
      Kaka (AC Milan) was was subject of bids from Chelsea (£73.6m) and Real Madrid (£57.3m). Both bids were excepted by AC Milan and both Clubs were allowed to discuss terms with Kaka. Although Chelsea's were the larger bid Kaka choose Real..

My point...
      The fact that a bid as been excepted for Allison means nothing until  he signs a contract
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36262: Jul 18, 2018 02:51:22 pm
      D'ya mean someone like Kimmic, was impressed by him @ WC albeit for only 3 games, but still he'd fit right in imo ?

YNWA

Kimmich is a superstar in the making but he's played predominantly RB for Bayern this season so maybe sticking him on the left in attack isn't the most natural fit.

Can't think of too many names apart from the obvious ones like Pulisic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36263: Jul 18, 2018 03:09:49 pm
      Well come to transfer 101....
      A club puts in a offer for a play, If that offer is excepted the club that has put in that offer is given permission to speak terms with that player. The play can except that those terms , he has a medical and if all is ok he then can sign for that club

That's basically how it work

But example that i like to use...
      Kaka (AC Milan) was was subject of bids from Chelsea (£73.6m) and Real Madrid (£57.3m). Both bids were excepted by AC Milan and both Clubs were allowed to discuss terms with Kaka. Although Chelsea's were the larger bid Kaka choose Real..

My point...
      The fact that a bid as been excepted for Allison means nothing until  he signs a contract

Well OK obviously a player has to actually want to be transferred but I kind of assume that the club might have been in touch with the agent by now and had the green light, thumbs up from the player. The only realistic competition we seem to face for Allison is from Chelsea and we can offer him a more settled team, Brazilian team mates, CL and of course as many Klopp hugs as he can handle.
      So I ask again why you think he won't come to us?
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #36264: Jul 18, 2018 03:11:59 pm
      Domagoj Vida?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36265: Jul 18, 2018 03:31:01 pm
      Well OK obviously a player has to actually want to be transferred but I kind of assume that the club might have been in touch with the agent by now and had the green light, thumbs up from the player. The only realistic competition we seem to face for Allison is from Chelsea and we can offer him a more settled team, Brazilian team mates, CL and of course as many Klopp hugs as he can handle.
      So I ask again why you think he won't come to us?
      Would agree with most of that, but it's the old south American/Spanish thing. just believe if he get an offer to play in Spain then he doesn't come to us... hope I am wrong mate
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36266: Jul 18, 2018 03:39:39 pm
      Would still like to see us bring Lascells in, could form a boss pairing with Van Dijk IMO. Klavan has no long term future at the club, Matip and Lovren both get their fair share of knocks and although on their day can be very good, they have far too many lapses in concentration and a lack of consistency. The weak area of our starting 11 next season, with a keeper now looking set to be sorted, will be our 2nd CB.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36267: Jul 18, 2018 03:39:56 pm
      Kimmich is a superstar in the making but he's played predominantly RB for Bayern this season so maybe sticking him on the left in attack isn't the most natural fit.

Can't think of too many names apart from the obvious ones like Pulisic.

If we get Alisson AND Fekir, it's pretty likely we won't be making any other big fee signings this transfer window. And it's anticipated Pulisic is going to command a really big fee.

So you're thinking someone else who can cut in on his right foot and, for example, curl a shot in like Coutinho used to do for us, and how Salah does with his left?

You haven't liked what you've seen from Moses Simon? He's good with both feet, could fill in for both Mane and Salah, and would cost under 15 mil.

https://youtu.be/XJm8-SNbCXA

If we can't get (or afford) Fekir after getting Alisson, we could go for Amine Harit. He's had a good couple of seasons and could play the #10 similar to Coutinho, while also competing with Mane on the left to ensure he stays motivated and firing. He'd be available for around 25 mil I reckon.

https://youtu.be/lgQgzFiSznw

Steven Bergwijn from PSV would also be fine as a rotational LW under 15 mil.

https://youtu.be/QlcLoto35J0

So there are a few options out there for us without necessarily paying premiums, but I think this year we seem to be focused on improving the holes in the first team, and filling in the rotational roles with current squad players and promoted youngsters, giving them another year to try to impress in Klopp's system.

So, who knows, maybe Woodburn may be the one to step up this year, after TAA succeeded in doing so this year. But if our front three stay fit, I don't anticipate him or Brewster getting much of a chance.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36268: Jul 18, 2018 03:49:11 pm
      Would still like to see us bring Lascells in, could form a boss pairing with Van Dijk IMO. Klavan has no long term future at the club, Matip and Lovren both get their fair share of knocks and although on their day can be very good, they have far too many lapses in concentration and a lack of consistency. The weak area of our starting 11 next season, with a keeper now looking set to be sorted, will be our 2nd CB.

I agree that second CB should be our biggest priority next year. I personally think it may still cost us this year, but with our other improvements we should be close to getting where we want.

I don't have a big issue with Lovren, Matip, and Gomez having a full season with Van Dijk and seeing if they can finally mature and step up, removing most of their questionable judgement from their game.

Lascelles is contracted with Newcastle until 2023, is highly valued by the club, is English haha, and so would only come at a high premium. Some more leadership qualities at the back would be nice though.

I'd personally prefer Ake as my ideal somewhat realistic signing to partner with VVD. I've always been impressed with how he reads the game, and he also pops up for key goals too (but that's only the cherry on top).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #36269: Jul 18, 2018 03:59:03 pm
      Would agree with most of that, but it's the old south American/Spanish thing. just believe if he get an offer to play in Spain then he doesn't come to us... hope I am wrong mate

He did originally, Real wanted him and he turned us down, Real have then probably been alerted to the fact they can get Courtois on the cheap or even for free next summer and pulled out of the Alisson deal.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #36270: Jul 18, 2018 04:48:30 pm
      De Ligt would be the perfect defender to partner VVD.

Quick Reply