Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179995 times
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36271: Jul 18, 2018 04:56:20 pm
      De Ligt would be the perfect defender to partner VVD.

He'd be my close second. But obviously loads of potential. De Ligt and Issa Diop were on my personal shortlist with Ake to replace Lovren at the start of the year, but it looks very likely Klopp will stick by the current guys for at least one more year.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36272: Jul 18, 2018 04:58:53 pm
      He'd be my close second. But obviously loads of potential. De Ligt and Issa Diop were on my personal shortlist with Ake to replace Lovren at the start of the year, but it looks very likely Klopp will stick by the current guys for at least one more year.

Or Henderson ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36273: Jul 18, 2018 05:02:39 pm
      If we get Alisson AND Fekir, it's pretty likely we won't be making any other big fee signings this transfer window. And it's anticipated Pulisic is going to command a really big fee.

I don't think we're signing anyone else, no. Just hoping.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36274: Jul 18, 2018 05:04:58 pm

Haha that guy's suggestion wasn't the worst I've heard today. And you know my preference for solid over Lovren haha.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36275: Jul 18, 2018 05:09:56 pm
      I don't think we're signing anyone else, no. Just hoping.

Yeah me too. But I think we have to wait for next season to get some real squad growth and depth, and hopefully the year after that begin buying some of the best prospects (like the ones I mentioned) before they command huge fees.

I think then we'll be in a position to consistently win titles, rather than rely so heavily on four or five key players.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36276: Jul 18, 2018 05:10:47 pm
      I agree that second CB should be our biggest priority next year. I personally think it may still cost us this year, but with our other improvements we should be close to getting where we want.

I don't have a big issue with Lovren, Matip, and Gomez having a full season with Van Dijk and seeing if they can finally mature and step up, removing most of their questionable judgement from their game.

Lascelles is contracted with Newcastle until 2023, is highly valued by the club, is English haha, and so would only come at a high premium. Some more leadership qualities at the back would be nice though.

I'd personally prefer Ake as my ideal somewhat realistic signing to partner with VVD. I've always been impressed with how he reads the game, and he also pops up for key goals too (but that's only the cherry on top).

You forgot lord ragnar of the klavan clan, the beast of burnley
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36277: Jul 18, 2018 05:22:02 pm
      You forgot lord ragnar of the klavan clan, the beast of burnley

Ha I actually thought he deserved more chances last year, but seems down the pecking order behind the three I mentioned above. He's also getting on in years and his contract also ends at the conclusion of the upcoming season.

But then if Ward is going to have a shot at being our #1 keeper ahead of a 67 mil one, who can dispute Klavan from unseating one of the world's greatest defenders from the starting lineup haha.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #36278: Jul 18, 2018 05:23:26 pm

seriously, thats not a bad shout. He plays his heart out and there is no place for him in the middle of the park. Lets JK try to convert him to a CB. Hendo isnt the tallest of the lot, but you dont have to be and hendo doesnt shy away from challenges.

Not saying throw him there at once, just play him there with lot less important games and see how he adapts. just a thought. He wont be the first player to change positions.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #36279: Jul 18, 2018 05:26:03 pm
      Ha I actually thought he deserved more chances last year, but seems down the pecking order behind the three I mentioned above. He's also getting on in years and his contract also ends at the conclusion of the upcoming season.

But then if Ward is going to have a shot at being our #1 keeper ahead of a 67 mil one, who can dispute Klavan from unseating one of the world's greatest defenders from the starting lineup haha.

This will probably be his last year as Gomez comes further along, but i like Klavan and think he brings value to the team in that he is a solid, cheap defender who is OK being 4th or 5th choice and is not a squeaky wheel about it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36280: Jul 18, 2018 06:14:32 pm
      He did originally, Real wanted him and he turned us down, Real have then probably been alerted to the fact they can get Courtois on the cheap or even for free next summer and pulled out of the Alisson deal.
      Thanks, was not aware of that...  :o
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36281: Jul 18, 2018 06:19:33 pm
      I agree that second CB should be our biggest priority next year. I personally think it may still cost us this year, but with our other improvements we should be close to getting where we want.

I don't have a big issue with Lovren, Matip, and Gomez having a full season with Van Dijk and seeing if they can finally mature and step up, removing most of their questionable judgement from their game.

Lascelles is contracted with Newcastle until 2023, is highly valued by the club, is English haha, and so would only come at a high premium. Some more leadership qualities at the back would be nice though.

I'd personally prefer Ake as my ideal somewhat realistic signing to partner with VVD. I've always been impressed with how he reads the game, and he also pops up for key goals too (but that's only the cherry on top).
      Like the idea of another center back, but surely we need a Quality striker with real  pace first...?

Did not the Real game prove that..?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36282: Jul 18, 2018 06:25:52 pm
      Rumors floating around that we'll use Origi as a makeweight to get Lascelles. Rafa wants cash to invest and probably why the lad rejected West Ham.

Just rumors though..
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36283: Jul 18, 2018 07:40:47 pm

I also like Ake plus the fact they play together for the national team is also a plus. Have to say I do really like LAscelles but I actually like what I saw from Lovren during the 2nd half of the season, thought he was a different player with VVD alongside him and the WC will also have done him the world of good (although I wish he’d be quiet about it and keep a low profile)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #36284: Jul 18, 2018 07:45:48 pm
      Ake or De Ligt would be awesome signings.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #36285: Jul 18, 2018 08:23:17 pm
      Get Dybala in and this will have been a  window and a half.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36286: Jul 18, 2018 08:25:53 pm
      Get Dybala in and this will have been a  window and a half.

More like 6 windows in one mate!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36287: Jul 18, 2018 11:09:29 pm
      If we fail to sign Allison (which I believe we will fail) then I would not be too unhappy if we signed the likes of Danijel Subašić (Croatia 's WC keeper) or the Russian Goal keeper, Igor Akinfeev Both had good world cups, and both looked the biz...

Yes they are 33, and 32 respectively, but that is and OK age for a keeper, and would give us a good couple of seasons to if a quality young keeper who wants to come to us, while giving us a fairly solid keeper

Seeing as though he is having his Medical tomorrow are you the doctor carrying out the medical  :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36288: Jul 18, 2018 11:14:23 pm
      If we fail to sign Allison (which I believe we will fail) then I would not be too unhappy if we signed the likes of Danijel Subašić (Croatia 's WC keeper) or the Russian Goal keeper, Igor Akinfeev Both had good world cups, and both looked the biz...

Don't worry, we will sign Alisson instead :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36289: Jul 18, 2018 11:31:25 pm

Yes they are 33, and 32 respectively, but that is and OK age for a keeper, and would give us a good couple of seasons to if a quality young keeper who wants to come to us, while giving us a fairly solid keeper

Wow so much egg on face.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36290: Jul 19, 2018 01:58:16 am
      Like the idea of another center back, but surely we need a Quality striker with real  pace first...?

Did not the Real game prove that..?

I'm just thinking starting lineup needs as most important. By the end of next year's Summer window at the latest, there should be no more ifs and buts about our starting players. Bringing in 3 starters in Keita, Fabinho, and Alisson this window has been great. Succeeding in bringing in Fekir would make it (kind of) a 4th (as I see him rotating between being a mid in the games we need and rotating for Salah/Mane, but still playing plenty of games).

This still leaves a question mark over that 2nd CB, more so than any doubt over Firmino being ineffective for us in a key game. The CL final, beyond the keeper mistakes and Salah injury, was a collective temperament and leadership issue. Everyone was relatively flat. No one seemed to have the courage and capacity to take the game by the horns. I think Keita and Fabinho (and especially Fekir) in midfield would have made the bigger difference in ensuring that tone hadn't eventuated in the first place, rather than just having a pacy striker who might have also not found himself in the game.

I understand your concern about depth and variety of options there, but I'd still put it behind getting a reliable starting CB to partner VVD. The way I see it, unreliable defenders can make you lose games with their mistakes. Unreliable attackers can make multiple mistakes but not necessarily cost you the game.

Still unsure if the Fekir deal is still on, but I imagine any other deal (and perhaps that one itself) will only come after offloading some of the likes of Ings, Origi, Markovic, and Mignolet etc. So I don't know if we'll be getting anyone new in for either position.

I'm kind of hoping for even a slight Sturridge renaissance. As critical as I've been about the Shaqiri signing (more to do with the other players we could've signed), I actually think he could do a role for us all along that front three.

But this has certainly been one of the most positively proactive transfer windows I've seen as a fan in improving our starting 11, so one has to be happy after what we've suffered through before. We'll be seriously challenging for the title this year.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36291: Jul 19, 2018 02:31:42 am
      Oh and still no news on Max Meyer? I thought a couple months back when Bayern weren't going to do what Bayern always does (sign anitger highly rated German for free), that he was likely to go to Hoffenheim, since Liverpool and Arsenal weren't meeting his wage demands.

Looks like he is still holding out. Fair enough. I wonder if we don't land Fekir, could we just end up adding him? I think not overpaying on wages is sensible as I think he had a bit of a flat year last season. Even Milan haven't bit yet, and doing such for such a player is totally their MO. It'll be interesting where he ends up. But in our system, he definitely has the potential to make a leap.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #36292: Jul 19, 2018 09:05:54 am
      Oh and still no news on Max Meyer? I thought a couple months back when Bayern weren't going to do what Bayern always does (sign anitger highly rated German for free), that he was likely to go to Hoffenheim, since Liverpool and Arsenal weren't meeting his wage demands.

Looks like he is still holding out. Fair enough. I wonder if we don't land Fekir, could we just end up adding him? I think not overpaying on wages is sensible as I think he had a bit of a flat year last season. Even Milan haven't bit yet, and doing such for such a player is totally their MO. It'll be interesting where he ends up. But in our system, he definitely has the potential to make a leap.

Seen no links but only know he's a free agent.

Was he in the German squad at the WC?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36293: Jul 19, 2018 09:55:28 am
      Seeing as though he is having his Medical tomorrow are you the doctor carrying out the medical  :D
      More than happy to be proven wrong about this  ;D ;D ;D

Quick Reply