Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199130 times
      Kopite78
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36363: Jul 19, 2018 11:32:21 pm
      Does he bi*ch a lot like his father?

Don't think so

Imagine he knows more about the game than you though

Mind you just put the 7 month old puppy to bed and he was pissing himself at your stuff
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36364: Jul 19, 2018 11:33:36 pm
      Don't think so

Imagine he knows more about the game than you though

Mind you just put the 7 month old puppy to bed and he was pissing himself at your stuff

Well if Jürgen doesn't bring in anybody else than I would imagine both of you are smarter than him.

So there's that anyway.

BTW, I was merely responding to another poster with possible things the manager might do..why you needed to interject your righteous self- in the middle of it and call me out by merely suggesting we might play different formations may mean your son is more grown up than you.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36365: Jul 19, 2018 11:35:16 pm
      Well if Jürgen doesn't bring in anybody else than I would imagine both of you are smarter than him.

So there's that anyway.

Doubt it.. he's forgot more than I know

I'm just giving an opinion though from my own mind.. may be you could try that than just regurgitate the Anfield wrap as your own ideas

BTW, I was merely responding to another poster with possible things the manager might do..why you needed to interject your righteous self- in the middle of it and call me out by merely suggesting we might play different formations may mean your son is more grown up than you.

Eh?
      So you can only hold conversation with one person?
      You stated your view TAWs view and I simply replied that we still need an extra body because different formations will still drain players and we were struggling numbers wise in the latter part of the season.
      All we've done in essence is bring in two to midfield (2 bangers mind) and lost two.. I do t think it's unreasonable if we want to truly challenge to suggest we may need one more

You lost your arse not me
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2018 11:43:30 pm by Kopite78 »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36366: Jul 19, 2018 11:41:54 pm

I'm just giving an opinion though from my own mind.. may be you could try that than just regurgitate the Anfield wrap as your own ideas

Didn't think the anfield wrap had the market cornered on the idea of playing more than a 4-3-3....again I was responding to another poster; why you felt the need to get on one of your self-righteous crusades regarding your tactical prowess I don't have a clue.

Kopite78
      Reply #36367: Jul 19, 2018 11:44:19 pm
      Didn't think the anfield wrap had the market cornered on the idea of play more than a 4-3-3....but carry on.

F**k me
      Literally every post you have is a written version of a conversation on TAW

I mean sound like.. glad you enjoy it

£5 a month 👍
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36368: Jul 19, 2018 11:46:15 pm
      F**k me
      Literally every post you have is a written version of a conversation on TAW

I mean sound like.. glad you enjoy it

£5 a month 👍

Good to see you spend your money wisely?...did you have to change usernames with them to?
      Kopite78
      Reply #36369: Jul 19, 2018 11:47:16 pm
      Good to see you spend your money wisely?...did you have to change usernames with them to?

I don't subscribe mate
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #36370: Jul 19, 2018 11:48:03 pm

Eh?
      So you can only hold conversation with one person?
      You stated your view TAWs view and I simply replied that we still need an extra body because different formations will still drain players and we were struggling numbers wise in the latter part of the season.
      All we've done in essence is bring in two to midfield (2 bangers mind) and lost two.. I do t think it's unreasonable if we want to truly challenge to suggest we may need one more

You lost your arse not me

Agree on needing one more mate and it's only one if he can play in the front three and deeper in midfield.

It seems Jürgen and the club agree by pursuing Fekir this summer but looks like if we don't get him the manager is going to hold off for the mean time.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36371: Jul 19, 2018 11:48:59 pm

But you know everything I say is regurgitated from them?....borrow somebody's account huh?...smart fella.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #36372: Jul 19, 2018 11:51:04 pm
      Agree on needing one more mate and it's only one if he can play in the front three and deeper in midfield midfield.

It seems Jürgen and the club agree by pursuing Fekir this summer but looks like if we don't get him the manager is going to hold off for the mean time.

We held off on VVD and you could make the argument it cost us a run at the league to have to wait till January for him. I know Klopp wants whonhe wants but surely with the money we have available, there are alternatives out there that would be just as good?
      Kopite78
      Reply #36373: Jul 19, 2018 11:52:38 pm
      But you know everything I say is regurgitated from them?....borrow somebody's account huh?...smart fella.

Lad in the office does and he plays it there 😘
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36374: Jul 19, 2018 11:54:14 pm
      Lad in the office does and he plays it there 😘

That works...saves you from having to change usernames on the subscribers board after a meltdown.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #36375: Jul 19, 2018 11:55:46 pm
      We held off on VVD and you could make the argument it cost us a run at the league to have to wait till January for him. I know Klopp wants whonhe wants but surely with the money we have available, there are alternatives out there that would be just as good?

I'd say there are options potentially just as good but Jürgen is Jürgen.

Could also be we were so sure of getting Fekir that he was our only real focus and we now want to reassess once the season gets under way.

Difficult to tell but we know that we wanted to strengthen there and if we don't before the window starts I think it could leave us short if we pick up an injury.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36376: Jul 19, 2018 11:56:27 pm
      That works...saves you from having to change usernames on the subscribers board after a meltdown.

Didn't realize they had a forum over there. Thought they veered away from that stuff 🤷‍♂️
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36377: Jul 20, 2018 12:30:09 am
      I'd say there are options potentially just as good but Jürgen is Jürgen.

Could also be we were so sure of getting Fekir that he was our only real focus and we now want to reassess once the season gets under way.

Difficult to tell but we know that we wanted to strengthen there and if we don't before the window starts I think it could leave us short if we pick up an injury.

Well, we could see Lallana, Gini, Keita, Grujic, Sturridge, Firmino (think 4-2-3-1) and even Curtis Jones in that role on a given day. I don't think numbers should be a problem at all (time will tell re quality). It seems Klopp doesn't recognize anybody else as a worthwhile upgrade at the position in question, and so would wait until someone is identified. Despite how much we would like to believe that Fekir is healthy and coming to join us, he  certainly seems to be saying it is not happening.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #36378: Jul 20, 2018 02:14:21 am
      my cousin knows a couple of bizzies that work around the Ellesmere Port. Well they pulled over  John Henry for speeding and one them of clocked his mobile and could partly make out the callers name (a lead was covering some of the letters) ..ne..ma..It could have been 'me ma' though
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #36379: Jul 20, 2018 06:57:20 am
      James Pearce has just retweeted an article about Fabinho attempting to convince Mbappe to join us.

Now that’s just silly.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36380: Jul 20, 2018 07:34:27 am
      It's is also possible we see less 4-3-3 and more 4-4-2/3-5-2/4-2-2-2/4-3-2-1 etc.

With the versatility the manager has now lots of pieces he can move around the board.

Unless we're protecting a tight lead late in a game and bringing in an extra CB or DM, it would be very unlike Klopp to experiment with formations that don't assist with counterpressing high up the pitch.

4-3-3 is just such a great formation for that, hence why we used it for most of last year, as did Pep. The only other I could see us experimenting with is 4-2-3-1, probably against teams that park the bus.

Instead of Salah and Mane being rather predictable in their movement due to needing to maintain our width, we can push our fullbacks up to do so, and then let our fluid front four do as they please. Lots of movement. Overloading parts of the pitch. Attracting defenders to open space for late run from one of the DMs. Lots of one-twos and one-two-threes between LW, LB, CAM, CF on one side, or RW, RB, CAM, CF on the other.

Otherwise, without a Coutinho/Fekir, there's a good chance we'll be witnessing more side to side but with no cutting edge, as players can't be so fluid in a 4-3-3 when opponents are defending deep in numbers with no intention of playing.

So we could see Shaqiri being incorporated in such a fluid CAM role, or even Firmino with Sturridge leading the line. In the end, with all four players frequently interchanging, the precise makeup of the four isn't critical, although when you start including players like Solanke, the creativity significantly drops.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36381: Jul 20, 2018 09:16:37 am
      James Pearce has just retweeted an article about Fabinho attempting to convince Mbappe to join us.

Now that’s just silly.

If only we had that kind of money available, can you just imagine our attack, it would literally be impossible to defend against!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #36382: Jul 20, 2018 11:14:26 am
      Actually think Karius is more suited (right now) for the #2 spot. He can get cup time and be eased back into things, while shielding him from all of the media sensationalism. Although regardless of how meaningless his first "real" game back is, it will be a lot of pressure. But who knows...if he gets some confidence back and shows that he can play well, maybe he can find a starting gig somewhere else next year.

I'd be ok with Karius as backup.

Karius is officially our No. 2 with slippery grip Mignolet our supposed No. 1, as stated previously a very untenable state of affairs that has predictably cost us.
      The time elapsed since Pepe left has seen us on thin ice in the 'keeper department and again that lack of quality replacement has cost dearly.

Karius could come good at some point after what could be described as an unfortunate turn of events led to some really bad performances.
      Previously he put some good work in which kept Mignolet on the bench, thankfully. Really think holding on to the lad would be the best bet.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #36383: Jul 20, 2018 11:24:29 am
      I would rather cash in on Mignolet and Karius, for a combined fee of around 15 mil i believe and have a young keeper as an understudy to Alisson.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #36384: Jul 20, 2018 04:36:52 pm
      I found this article in Elmundo, which shows "net spent" transfers of some major clubs since 2014/2015 season until July 18 (so before Alisson Becker joining). We're now apparently in the Top 10 negative net spent.

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/futbol/2018/07/18/5b4e44f322601d34138b45cd.html
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36385: Jul 20, 2018 06:46:51 pm
      In the broad scheme of things we got Mo for a steal from Roma.

Add the two transfers from them together .... and divide by two. Makes more sense.

Quick Reply