Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179088 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36547: Jul 26, 2018 11:25:24 am
      Dortmund will sell Pulisic if they get an offer of £60 million.

We would be INSANE not to bid for him.

There’s no way they sell him for that, but yea we’d be foolish to wait 2 years and pay close to double that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36548: Jul 26, 2018 11:26:10 am
      Just read that bayern signed a 17 year old for 13.5 m from a MLS team. Don't know anything about the lad.
      got me curious, how good is MLS? Anybody watches it? Would you say it's as good as primeira liga (portogal). Which is decent imo.
      worse? Like our Norwegian league?
      or is it as good as the big guys. Premier, bunde, Ligue 1 etc?
      The best MLS team could probably compete in the Championship but they wouldn’t get promotion. 
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36549: Jul 26, 2018 11:57:58 am
      Just read that bayern signed a 17 year old for 13.5 m from a MLS team. Don't know anything about the lad.
      got me curious, how good is MLS? Anybody watches it? Would you say it's as good as primeira liga (portogal). Which is decent imo.

Alphonso Davies is a Canadian, and he is super quick and skillful. Scary to think of what kind of player he might develop into now that he's at a club like Bayern.

It's tough not to leave the MLS at that young an age and not be compared to Freddy Adu, but he's got some exceptional traits, and I'd take a punt on them, even at that price.

Sadly, I think we're still a few years and trophies away from making these kinds of development signings.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36550: Jul 26, 2018 01:55:27 pm
      All over the Croatian papers that we've signed Vida for 20m Euros.

Their source appears to be the sh*t rag though!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #36551: Jul 26, 2018 02:24:23 pm

He is a bright star for our nation I was little disappointed to see him go to Bayern Munich as much prefer a mid-level club where competition isn't as stiff for playing time but if he can make it would be a great statement for Canadian football and for MLS who now seem to switch bit more focus on being developing and selling league (especially for South American players) then retirement league. I would say MLS quality wise would be 3rd tier European league or like mention top side would be a Championship level side.

Still hoping we would sign a Striker/CAM after it appears the Ferik deal fell through but it doesn't seem that way, Klopp is banking on Lallana and Sturridge to fill in the void for the time being.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36552: Jul 26, 2018 04:24:30 pm
      You're thinking about it the wrong way

He's guaranteed 6m for the next season here..
      So he takes that and runs it down (probably still backing himself to earn a new deal because he may be settled and enjoy life at the club) next summer if he doesn't then he's a free and there will be demand for him no doubt about it with no fee or wage to match from a buying club.
      He will then be in a position to get a signing fee to cover the short fall in wages as the new club wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee

If he moved this summer hypothetically then his options are small, if he moves next summer then they are far far larger

As for the Spanish clubs... you know how their tv deals etc work over there? The clubs are free to sort them direct themselves and therefore beyond Barca and real (and then a drop off to Atleti) the rest get relative peanuts. For example Valencia have the 4th highest and they pay their players on average 35k a week. Beyond them it's an even bigger drop off

So no he couldn't go to Spain and earn 80 plus.. he would likely be dropping two thirds of his wage now if he left to go there. Add that to the fee we would ask then he wouldn't get a signing fee to balance it

Sturridge won't retire next summer there is no doubt about that and he will be in far far better position to either have had a good season here and earn a new deal or be in a bargaining position on a free to get a deal that suits him

Forget this summer it makes no sense to him

Did you see the look on Klopp's face last night when Sturridge went down and it looked like he was calling for trainer? I thought Jürgen was about to go into shock. Turned out it was problem with his boots or shin guards and wanted an equipment manager to help him with a repair, I think. But the moment illustrated the risk we take, and the barrel we are over, when it comes to Sturridge this year. In the mean time, we hope for the best because as you articulately describe, he ain't going nowhere.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36553: Jul 26, 2018 04:29:11 pm
      Any chance you can back up what you have said with an example?

This post sounds like it was written month's ago.

Definitely doesn't describe Daniel off and on the pitch in the preseason thus far.

Look, he has an arrogance about him I understand, but he is a highly social type, an extrovert. His luck with injuries over the past few seasons would tend to have an effect on anyone's morale and body language, wouldn't it? Seems to me he is applying himself, more fit, and saying all the right things re fitting into Klopp's setup. He has to have seen the results from last season, looked at his calendar and recognized with another year of maturity maybe he can adapt a little better and, armed with better conditioning, use his considerable skills to be part of something special.

To me he's probably the most pleasant surprise of the preseason.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36554: Jul 26, 2018 04:31:53 pm
      60m? Lots of reports were quoted saying Dortmund would ask for 100m euros.

I think your price tag is more accurate than the one on Twitter. It's at least 80, with all the American marketing aspects of it.

Would be a nice addition, but I think we're done for the window.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36555: Jul 26, 2018 04:42:07 pm

I might rate it just slightly higher than FL Red does, but only slightly.

Our best MLS teams probably could compete with Rosenborg or whoever for a title in Norway, but they would likely be low in the table of the top Portugese, Greek or Turkish divisions. And our bottom teams would struggle to be in the top flight of any of those second-tier European leagues, same with the Championship.

The league hasn't done very well in terms of player development setup, and so a top young talent does well to move on to a European club, especially in Germany where the Reserves play in the third tier of the national league (wish we had that option in England).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36556: Jul 26, 2018 04:46:01 pm
      I think your price tag is more accurate than the one on Twitter. It's at least 80, with all the American marketing aspects of it.

Would be a nice addition, but I think we're done for the window.

So you think we'll end up with a profit in the transfer market again, because so far, if you factor in the money form Coutinho we've only actually spent £25m, then add in Ward which was £10m I think and its so far a net spend of £15m with more sales to come. Surely there is more money in the kitty but it does of course depend on if Jürgen wants to buy any more players, 4 new players is already quite a lot.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36557: Jul 26, 2018 06:21:10 pm
      Liverpool v Scum: Transfer spending comparison since summer 2016

Team   Total spend   Fees received   Total net spend
      Liverpool   £411.55m          £289.65m             £121.9m
      Man Utd   £392.55m          £85.3m             £307.25m

Mourinho needs to hush his mouth.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36558: Jul 26, 2018 07:46:06 pm
      So you think we'll end up with a profit in the transfer market again, because so far, if you factor in the money form Coutinho we've only actually spent £25m, then add in Ward which was £10m I think and its so far a net spend of £15m with more sales to come. Surely there is more money in the kitty but it does of course depend on if Jürgen wants to buy any more players, 4 new players is already quite a lot.

The last part. Much more about the team the architect is building.  I think there is no "kitty" per se. It's transfers in and out and the manager's needs. There are about 10 guys in our current squad who probably will never be first team regulars, there is no bad side to getting  a return on them, even if the money is for future windows and not now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36559: Jul 27, 2018 12:26:30 pm
      Markovic is leaving for Olympiakos on a permanent deal.

No mention of fee yet.

Prob giving him away for free.
      gtorreira
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #36560: Jul 27, 2018 01:21:36 pm
      what do you think about our CB rotation enough to sort out all tournaments this year?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36561: Jul 27, 2018 01:52:47 pm
      what do you think about our CB rotation enough to sort out all tournaments this year?

If VVD gets injured we're in trouble.

If not should be fine for season.

Anyone next to VVD will play well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36562: Jul 27, 2018 03:38:54 pm

In the big matches yes but we have enough talent at CB to cope without VVD now, especially with Allison and Fabinho now being in the team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36563: Jul 27, 2018 06:46:06 pm
      Klopp said the other day how much he likes Pulisic. Now Pulisic has said how much he likes Klopp and Anfield. Let’s not have a Ross and Rachel situation of “will they, won’t they”....just get a transfer done and make each other (and us, very happy!)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36564: Jul 27, 2018 06:58:30 pm
      Klopp said the other day how much he likes Pulisic. Now Pulisic has said how much he likes Klopp and Anfield. Let’s not have a Ross and Rachel situation of “will they, won’t they”....just get a transfer done and make each other (and us, very happy!)

I think we are done spending this window man. Something would have to come completely out of the blue and in this day and age, that's definitely the exception vs. the norm.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36565: Jul 27, 2018 07:03:29 pm
      I think we are done spending this window man. Something would have to come completely out of the blue and in this day and age, that's definitely the exception vs. the norm.

Saw Pulisc's dad talking again...I don't think he is moving now..would not surprise me though in the next 6-12 months however.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36566: Jul 27, 2018 08:23:57 pm

VVD getting injured doesn't bother me half as much as Robertson getting injured and us having to put Moreno back in at left back. He seems to have an ability to instill a deep malaise in that area of the pitch once he comes in. He doesn't track back nearly as quickly as Robertson and his attacking play, despite being found in advanced positions quite often, leaves A LOT to be desired. Rarely does he pull off something that will result in something productive for our attack. And then there is his defending. He leaves acres of space in the left back area, struggles to get tight to his man, gets skinned far too often and generally looks a fool. He's very lucky to still be at Liverpool. The notion that he started last season well is a myth evidenced by the shitloads of goals we were letting in during those first couple of months. No one in our back line came out of that period well. We only really started to improve as a defence once Robbo cemented his place there and VVD and, though some people don't admit it, Karius became first choice in January.

I would not hesitate to install Milner back in at left back in the event of Robbo not being available. Moreno is a complete non starter.
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2018 08:42:50 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36567: Jul 27, 2018 09:02:41 pm
      Saw Pulisc's dad talking again...I don't think he is moving now..would not surprise me though in the next 6-12 months however.

He has 2 years in his contract! Unless Dortmund are confident of getting him to sign a new deal, they should ideally be looking at cashing in on him. He 'seems' to have outgrown the club, at least according to the media!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36568: Jul 27, 2018 09:24:24 pm
      He has 2 years in his contract! Unless Dortmund are confident of getting him to sign a new deal, they should ideally be looking at cashing in on him. He 'seems' to have outgrown the club, at least according to the media!

I think they are confident of it, especially since they employ his dad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36569: Jul 27, 2018 09:48:06 pm
      I think they are confident of it, especially since they employ his dad.

Ah the old give the dad a token coaching job trick, never fails, but couldn't we just make the Dad our new assistant Goalkeeping coach or something.

Quick Reply